Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think she just ran away, as a teenager would probably still be texting (apparently it was in her nature to text often, according to her family/police) and there has been no activity since Saturday. Also didn't the reports say she hadn't used any debit card, etc? I don't think any 17 year old would NOT use money/a cell phone readily available to them...often, they just don't think that way.

Also, regarding Brittanee's mom saying that Brittanee was good, and she never had any problem out of her: I mean, if MY kid were missing, even if she WERE a typical, strong willed teenager, had a history of acting out, I wouldn't go giving people the idea she ran away, because they might give up looking for her, or slack on the investigation. I've been around websleuths enough to realize that this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation- if she went on saying that Brittanee was prone to run away, people would be suspicious, and vice versa...it happens.

I mean, what teenager ISN'T strong willed and uncontrollable at times? I was. My mom can attest to that.

I think this is suspicious. I hope and pray that she is out there somewhere, alive and well, but teenagers often think one day at a time...and if she did have a cell phone, I don't see why she wouldn't use it, even just to text. It's unlikely she would leave ALL of her friends behind, and not contact ANY of them, even if she did want to run away because of her home situation. If her cell phone were lost, etc, or she were robbed, I think she would have found a way to contact someone, by now.

I just hate this for her family:(

Does anyone have a link to the videa of her leaving the hotel? Also did it state anywhere what time that was?

I don't think that Britanee just ran away. She'd have NO resources. Teenagers are spoiled (especially now, with technology). I just can't imagine a 17 year old girl willingly making herself disappear in a strange place.

Whatever the case, I hope she is found safe. I'm not confident that she will be. :(

In yesterdays article the police captain said something like they had her phone pinging near georgetown and the bus ride? or did I misread that? That made me believe she was on the run. I dont think so now.

Here is the part I am referring to...from http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/search_for_missing_ny_teen_continues/46665/

MYRTLE BEACH – Investigators are actively searching for a missing New York teenager who was reported to have been on a bus into Myrtle Beach from Williamsburg County this morning, officials said.
Brittanee Marie Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.
Several witnesses reported riding on the bus with her, Myrtle Beach Police Department Capt. David Knipes said.
Investigators also tracked her cell phone as it traveled out of Georgetown, Knipes added.

Does anyone have a link to the videa of her leaving the hotel? Also did it state anywhere what time that was?

I haven't checked this morning warbuckle but I haven't seen that video released yet. Just comment made that the LE have it and are working it. I watched NG last night and no mention of the timestamp was made that I heard.

A family member of one of the boys being questioned was on local radio this morning. Apparently the boys had a BBQ to attend on Sunday and had planned all along to be home for it. Suspicious?..maybe boys trying to squeeze out the last moments of crazy vaca?..likely

and from what we're hearing around here, her girlfriends stories are changing quite a bit also

welcome to WS dawn929 :balloons:

Updates that I could find:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/30/missing.teen/ (updated 1 hour, 1 minute ago)

Police are examining grainy hotel surveillance video and following up on new leads, including a reported sighting, in the case of a 17-year-old girl who traveled to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for spring break last week and then disappeared.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S907140.shtml?cat=566

Updated at: 04/30/2009 11:29 AM

Police in Myrtle Beach have confirmed to News 10NBC that the young woman spotted on a bus in Myrtle Beach yesterday is not Britanee Drexel...

...Police tracked that person down and it is not Britanee Drexel who is a junior at Gates-Chili.

With the reported sighting being incorrect now, we are back to the timeline of the young man was the last person to see her. I hope they release the footage, of the video.

TY nurse! So glad to see you here on Brittanee's thread :)

((nurse waves at Kat!)) I cannot believe this! I hope they are able to get info out of the "dude" today!

ETA: why does this case give me the Natalee H. feel? Is it the beach, partying, and boys taking advantage of girls perhaps? I hope the solving of this thing goes completely different than poor Nat's case...

Looks as if PB has been ruled out. I still get an odd feeling about this Jenn. Something weird about that and im not buying the "because B is not on facebook". What does that have to do with anything? Im not saying she did anything to her but i think she knows something.

Captain David Knipes with the Myrtle Beach Police Department told NewsChannel 15 that they do not consider Brozowitz a suspect or person of interest in the case, but they obviously do continue to look for Brittanee Drexel and to follow all leads.The attorney says Brozowitz has even offered any help to authorities, including a willingness to undergo DNA tests.

It sounds like he's cooperating fully. I don't think this kid is involved. IMO, they should start asking the girlfriends the tough questions!

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=293717

Apparently her grandmother has also put money in her banking account.
Question of the day? Was Peter B ever really a POI or did news reports erroneously state he was? At this point in time it does not look like the four men had anything to do with Brittanee’s disappearance.

There are a number of reasons why a 17 year old would walk a ½ mile to go to a room and only stay for 10 minutes. One could be that she had a fight back at her hotel and was looking for a place to stay but the guys did not want to get involved in the drama and did not offer her one.

also taken from that link above... Britanee was on medication for depression

Police: Teen spotted in Myrtle Beach not Brittanee Drexel
Ernst Lamothe • Staff writer • April 30, 2009
http://www.democratandchronicle.com...t+Brittanee+Drexel&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

snippet:

Myrtle Beach police have confirmed today that the teen people saw travelling on a bus Wednesday was not Brittanee Drexel.

The sightings were ruled out after police located the actual teen who was riding on the bus that day.

If this has been posted please excuse. It has some interesting info in it:

What caught my eye:

Dawn talked with Brittanee everyday until Saturday and thought she was with friends in New York. Up until Saturday night Dawn didn't know Brittanee was in Myrtle Beach until she got a call from Brittanee's boyfriend, John Grieco.

I did not know the name of her BF.

...Police reports say Brittanee left Broswick's room when one of her friends at the Bar Harbor called and said she needed back her pair of shorts...

Explains the shorts "thing".

In that article also it gives the distance between the Motels...Blue Water resort (where she went to) and Bar Harbor Hotel (where she left from) are about "a 20-block walk along the beach" apart.

Police found Brittanee's belongings (except her cell phone) still in the Bar Harbor hotel room.

The only thing she left with was the cell. I'm trying to find verification of a *rumor* I read on a blog that the cell is now dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB