Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
He contacted an attorney who advised him to turn himself in. Even if convicted, I bet the sentence for attempted kidnapping is not that stiff and he could get off. He is a big fish in a little pond and he would rather face the music than have to leave the pond.

Thanks Stillwaters. Makes sense to me now. My mind wasn't working.

I think it is odd too. It makes me wonder, IF he is somehow involved in either case, what makes him so sure the evidence is covered up and he is safe??

Or, IF he isn't involved, he really doesn't have anything to hide. The victim's mother reportedly had a heart attack, she is under stress, maybe she picked the wrong guy...

There are so many coincidences though..IMO, there has to be some connection, even if he isn't directly responsible for Brittanee's disapperance. maybe he knows the people, or is related to someone who is involved.

I have thought from the beginning with Brittanee's case, and now hearing about a well thought out plot in place to abduct this other girl, that trafficking is involved. I know this is sort of Hollywood, but what if his picture was chosen, and the ring leaders said to him; turn yourself in, it will be the best offense we have, we can prove you weren;lt involved/hide your involvement...we can pay for your legal bills, your family will get money, etc. That is just a theory/idea/outside the box thinking, of course... this guy is innocent until proven guilty.

By the way,, thanks for not calling me VD! haha!

He contacted an attorney who advised him to turn himself in. Even if convicted, I bet the sentence for attempted kidnapping is not that stiff and he could get off. He is a big fish in a little pond and he would rather face the music than have to leave the pond.

Turning himself in, basically says I have nothing to hide...check me out...I am innocent so you can clear my name DOES make him look innocent. If his attorney told him to turn himself in, it was a good move. Not so smart to let him talk to the press...he looked too arrogant to win the court of public opinion..IMO of course:)

I just keep going back tot he fact that DD said she is familiar with his name...it is such a big coincidence.

Just posted his info over on Brittanee's forensic astrology forum about this guy (for those interested).

I think it is odd too. It makes me wonder, IF he is somehow involved in either case, what makes him so sure the evidence is covered up and he is safe??

Or, IF he isn't involved, he really doesn't have anything to hide. The victim's mother reportedly had a heart attack, she is under stress, maybe she picked the wrong guy...

There are so many coincidences though..IMO, there has to be some connection, even if he isn't directly responsible for Brittanee's disapperance. maybe he knows the people, or is related to someone who is involved.

I have thought from the beginning with Brittanee's case, and now hearing about a well thought out plot in place to abduct this other girl, that trafficking is involved. I know this is sort of Hollywood, but what if his picture was chosen, and the ring leaders said to him; turn yourself in, it will be the best offense we have, we can prove you weren;lt involved/hide your involvement...we can pay for your legal bills, your family will get money, etc. That is just a theory/idea/outside the box thinking, of course... this guy is innocent until proven guilty.

yw! lol

This has been my gut thought since day 1. I still believe the Roc group, or some members of it, are somehow involved, even if tangentally (sp?).

This is going to be a bit long so bear with me...my comments are my opinion only.

1.The reporter asks him if he has heard Brittanee's name, he responds "I see it a lot on TV"....DD says she has heard his name during the initial investigation, a woman close to Taylor says he was questioned about Brittenee, but there was no evidence. That statement, if untrue, may put the heat on him during questioning...

2. The reporter asks him if he was in MB last week, he says "Not exactly MB" is what I heard him say. Yet, the victim picked him out of a photo lineup. Do we know what his aliby is?

3. He turns himself in...LE confiscates a stolen truck, which they believe was used in a murder.

4. He has his own lawyer...do we know exactly what he does for a living? I would be curious is there is a paper trail of his paychecks...

5. DD and the reporters state that he is associated with the other men that are POI's in Brittanee's disapperance.

6. He has a lawyer...and his lawyer allowed him to talk to reporters?!?!

7. The blue van and the 2 other men have not been located. What else do we know about the van?

8. Searches for Brittanee were conducted very close to his home.

9. The guy's got a rap sheet a mile long.

There are some very bizarre coincidences here.

Rose...who warned you about posting on this site? I want to contribute to ideas, etc., but I don't want to break any rules...

i just sent you private message check your in box mail

So Taylor didn't say "No, I see it a lot on TV"...he said "I see it a lot on TV" with regards to the name Brittanee Drexel. Technically he isn't lying. But the reporter confirms what I read in another article, that is that HE WAS questioned about Brittanee early on.

**************While Shaun Taylor wasn't named an official person of interest in Drexel's case, detectives interviewed him and showed strong interest in him during the early stages of the investigation -- which may explain why detectives returned to him and McClellanville after last week's failed abduction.

Again, this reporter asked Taylor about any knowledge of the Drexel case. Here's the exchange:

Do you know anything about the Brittanee Drexel case?
"Nothing about that."
Do you know that name?
"I see it on TV a lot."
Do you have any idea who might have been involved in that?
"No, I don't."
Were you involved with Brittanee Drexel's disappearance?
"No, I wasn't."******************************

[/B] yw! lol

This has been my gut thought since day 1. I still believe the Roc group, or some members of it, are somehow involved, even if tangentally (sp?).

I don't believe those kids from ROC are to blame for Brittanee's disapperance...but I have been suspicious that they didn't tell the whole truth from the beginning about drug use, names of dealers etc., which may have given LE more to work with. But who knows? They could have given a name that led LE to Taylor in the first place.

The reporter that gave the breaking story has added a post to the comment section on photo of temp kidnapper:::: read below

Graeme Moore said: 22 minutes ago
I'd like to clear something up that has apparently caused some confusion. Police released only one sketch after last week's attempted abduction. There were a total of three men, according to police, so the sketch released may be of one of the other suspects. In fact, police have not purported that Shaun Taylor is the man in the sketch that was made public. According to them, the woman picked Taylor out of a photo lineup. To the best of my knowledge, no one identified Shaun Taylor based on the sketch. Graeme Moore WPDE NewsChannel 15

I have talked to Graeme before he is really good and pays close attention to Brittanee's case.

Turning himself in, basically says I have nothing to hide...check me out...I am innocent so you can clear my name DOES make him look innocent. If his attorney told him to turn himself in, it was a good move. Not so smart to let him talk to the press...he looked too arrogant to win the court of public opinion..IMO of course:)

I just keep going back tot he fact that DD said she is familiar with his name...it is such a big coincidence.

VirginiaDoll,,, ive read it and seen DD post herself that she and CD was told of ST and others from the beginning of bd investagation, she said (DD) that the police etc mention his name in the beginning, so i feel LE had them in there vest from get go,,but cant explain why they waited till they almost kidnapped another innocent girl,it could been like bd case,but i feel LE knew of that gang in beginning,,,MOO

Are Taylor and the other men he is asociated with, still under investigation for the 1998 murder that they were never able to prove? Or was it cold cased?

I am wondering..if they were still investiagting them, how they could be involved with other missing girls with that kind of scrutiny on them.

You were right it was from a photo not in real person,im sorry but reporter just confirmed that rm picked st from a photo not a line up,,please forgive me :)

No problem Rose! I just couldnt wrap my head around him being ID'd in an in-person lineup, let go and seemingly 'lost' for a few days.

VirginiaDoll,,, ive read it and seen DD post herself that she and CD was told of ST and others from the beginning of bd investagation, she said (DD) that the police etc mention his name in the beginning, so i feel LE had them in there vest from get go,,but cant explain why they waited till they almost kidnapped another innocent girl,it could been like bd case,but i feel LE knew of that gang in beginning,,,MOO

This is strange! I suppose you can't put a tail on someone who you have interviewed and not had evidence on...there probbly isn't enough money to really follow a suspect like they show on TV. But IF these scumbags are involved..HOW BRAZEN to continue on with abductions under the nose of LE, IMO.

Someone brought it up earlier, on this forum I believe....that perhaps ST and company are involved with drugs and are serving as informants...maybe they gave these guys a long leash so they would keep drug information rolling in...? That is just a theory I read...

There are 2 different dates of birth on the "rap" sheet link that was posted a bit ago. One of the b'days was 4/19/73 and the other was 8/19/73. Does anyone know which ones belongs to the ST that was arrested?

There are 2 different dates of birth on the "rap" sheet link that was posted a bit ago. One of the b'days was 4/19/73 and the other was 8/19/73. Does anyone know which ones belongs to the ST that was arrested?

Possibly.

Timothy ShaWn Taylor is our POI for the RM attempted abduction.
Shaun/DeShaun and other variants are someone else.....who is on facebook, coincidentally. ;)
So, based on that info, I'd say it is the former birthdate of 4/19/73

^BBM

I told someone last night, this girl from TN and Brittanee are young, blond PYT's -- worth PLENTY for trade in the drug world...a world I just have a hunch Mr. Taylor is well acquainted with.

Let's jsut go ahead and put it out there - I'll be the one to take the bold step because eventually it IS going to be brought up....typically 'serial' killers stay within their race and don't typically run in a crowd....Now I will admit I had my thoughts earlier of some young, redneck WHITE kids sitting around the river drinking their Budweiser on a Friday night conjuring up such a plan, but do I see a group of black guys planning it for purely sexual gratification? No....I just don't see it. This is a relatively nice looking man, doesnt appear to be a stereotypical or gang-banger - shouldnt have any problem finding a woman, black or white, if he wants. Again, I know for those who aim to rape it is often the violence of the act, no matter they could probably get any woman they want - Ted Bundy ring a bell? But again, Ted Bundy didnt have 3-4 buddies traveling with him. The motivation to rape/murder anyone just seems so very deep and dark to me, can't imagine sitting around planning what to do tonight with 3-4 friends and THAT ever coming up in conversation. Only caveat here would be gang initiation aside from trafficking these young girls.

I'll be the first to admit I am stunned this suspect is black. There I said it and for what it is worth, I hope it shows that I am not someone who sat here all these months saying/thinking "I bet a black guy did it." ESPECIALLY once it came out there were 3/4 POI's...farthest thing from my mind. I just thought it was stupid, young, drunk white boys (all you from this area know the kind I am talking about) who got into something bigger than they ever imagined one night after a trip to the beach...

It just doesnt fit to me, purely for sexual gratification/murder/thrill kill, with the exception of a gang initiation, and I'll only say I don't know the race of ALL the suspects, that could make things interesting also if it were diverse; again I'll only say :whistle: - but it just rings more of a human trafficking ring to me.

Then again, they could ALL just be mean as h.ell - doesnt matter white or black.

Now, when I say 'it doesnt fit' to me, that doesnt mean I am doubtful this guy should be a suspect - I think there are just wayyyyy too many FACTS here to be coincidence. Motive though, is what I doubt and as I said last night, am more hopeful than ever that BD could possibly be alive somewhere, traded for drugs.

And I NEVER thought those dumba$$es from Rochester had anything to do with it.

Now, please, don't make me duck too low everyone. I'm telling you, I dont care that he is black, again stunned is more the word, but being from around here, I can just tell you all right now, it IS going to be an issue. We may as well face it.

^BBM

I told someone last night, this girl from TN and Brittanee are young, blond PYT's -- worth PLENTY for trade in the drug world...a world I just have a hunch Mr. Taylor is well acquainted with.

Let's jsut go ahead and put it out there - I'll be the one to take the bold step because eventually it IS going to be brought up....typically 'serial' killers stay within their race and don't typically run in a crowd....Now I will admit I had my thoughts earlier of some young, redneck WHITE kids sitting around the river drinking their Budweiser on a Friday night conjuring up such a plan, but do I see a group of black guys planning it for purely sexual gratification? No....I just don't see it. This is a relatively nice looking man, doesnt appear to be a stereotypical or gang-banger - shouldnt have any problem finding a woman, black or white, if he wants. Again, I know for those who aim to rape it is often the violence of the act, no matter they could probably get any woman they want - Ted Bundy ring a bell? But again, Ted Bundy didnt have 3-4 buddies traveling with him. The motivation to rape/murder anyone just seems so very deep and dark to me, can't imagine sitting around planning what to do tonight with 3-4 friends and THAT ever coming up in conversation. Only caveat here would be gang initiation aside from trafficking these young girls.

I'll be the first to admit I am stunned this suspect is black. There I said it and for what it is worth, I hope it shows that I am not someone who sat here all these months saying/thinking "I bet a black guy did it." ESPECIALLY once it came out there were 3/4 POI's...farthest thing from my mind. I just thought it was stupid, young, drunk white boys (all you from this area know the kind I am talking about) who got into something bigger than they ever imagined one night after a trip to the beach...

It just doesnt fit to me, purely for sexual gratification/murder/thrill kill, with the exception of a gang initiation, and I'll only say I don't know the race of ALL the suspects, that could make things interesting also if it were diverse; again I'll only say :whistle: - but it just rings more of a human trafficking ring to me.

Then again, they could ALL just be mean as h.ell - doesnt matter white or black.

Now, when I say 'it doesnt fit' to me, that doesnt mean I am doubtful this guy should be a suspect - I think there are just wayyyyy too many FACTS here to be coincidence. Motive though, is what I doubt and as I said last night, am more hopeful than ever that BD could possibly be alive somewhere, traded for drugs.

And I NEVER thought those dumba$$es from Rochester had anything to do with it.

Now, please, don't make me duck too low everyone. I'm telling you, I dont care that he is black, again stunned is more the word, but being from around here, I can just tell you all right now, it IS going to be an issue. We may as well face it.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. MB finally has there media storm coming that they have been putting off until they could solve Brittanee's case, but then came Ms. Massey. As we saw back in 1994 race crimes can really divide a state or even a country. Not too mention it's not gonna sit well with MB tourism when middle to upperclass white people are the majority who have a few thousand to blow on a vacation.

About 8 or 9 years ago, I was working in a store that was robbed at gunpoint. when i called the police, they arrived immediately and took all of my information, the behavior of the criminals, what they were wearing, their exit strategy...everything. A few days later they returned with a book of mug shots. I went through the photos, and chose the 2 men I was certain were the robbers.

The cop said to me, "We had a feeling it was these 2, they have a pattern." They never caught the guys, to my knowledge, but at least me picking them out helped to create a more concise profile of those idiots.

So...I am wondering if the police showed the recent victim photos of someone who has been suspected of this type of thing in the past. They don't just send random pictures of petty criminals, they chose their potential suspects carefully...

It makes me think...IMO of course, that this guy has a history of this type of crime (even a a suspect) in more cases than we think..not just Brittanee's case. The pattern of attack has to be at least similar or he wouldn't have been included in the photo lineup, IMO.

Wish I could 'Thank' for all the 'Thanks', guys. You don't want to know how long my finger lingered over that submit button.

We can't dance around it. It's just not going to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab