Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Britt Britt,

I've been reading over on Holly Bobo's thread a lot recently. I still think about you all the time and hope and pray your family doesn't even need to make the trip to Myrtle Beach next weekend, because you'll already be home in their arms where you belong.

Stay strong wherever you are.

Hi Charlie!! Welcome!

Here's a map showing just how close the G-Town group is to the recent search sites and to where the glasses were located. The sunglasses were found in the woods between Hwy 17 and Old Georgetown Rd, next to the river. IMHO, the sunglasses were to far from the Hwy to have just been thrown out of a car or dumped from the main road. I think it's unlikely that another girl was camping in that same spot with knockoff designer glasses just like Brittanee's glasses. Possible, but unlikely.
A. Old Collins Creek Rd
B. Corner of Old Georgetown Rd and Rutledge Rd.
Old Collins Creek Rd/State Rd S-10-2061 to Old Georgetown Rd & Rutledge Rd, McClellanville, SC 29458 - Google Maps

Is this the most recent Brittannee thread? I actually live in Charleston but was never up on the facts of this case in 2009/2010, so I'm trying to catch up. I just saw coverage of the case on TV the other evening so I finally saw the basic facts and the video from the hotel lobbies and street. Does anyone have links handy to the videos etc to post again here, and any other pertinent info, and thanks in advance to those of you who can summarize and update for people like me. :) (I went back to the first thread but the links at the beginning of that thread didn't appear to be working now.) TY!

Correct me on the sequence here. Is this right?: Video showed her approaching PB's hotel, then she got a text or call to return her friend's shorts, video showed her en route back to her hotel, entering her hotel, coming back down in other pants, returning along the street again, entering PB's hotel, then leaving PB's hotel, but then not on the street video again?
Was video checked from the other hotels on the street (to see either if she passed them or entered any of them) plus other street cameras in the area? Were there any cameras facing the beach side, (in case instead of walking up the street she cut between hotels to walk up the beach or something?) Were phone records gathered from her friends and PB and friends? thanks in advance

in the program I saw a couple nights ago (which may have been filmed very early in the case, I'm not sure when), her boyfriend said he didn't recognize the sunglasses (found by the Santee River outside of Georgetown) but didn't know if she could have bought them in MB, what did her friends say about the sunglasses?

Also they showed a video provided by a young man from the midwest who had met her during the vacation, that he filmed of her at his hotel room. I assume kids were meeting each other like that and going to each other's hotel rooms, did they check video from all the hotels and stores nearby? thanks

in the security video from the hotels that they showed in the program, her hair appeared to be different than in the other photos, does anyone have a link to a picture of what she looked like while in MB? tia
And what time were her phone pings travelling down toward Surfside Beach and Georgetown? thank you!

Still thinking of Britt almost 2 years later. I remember being on here checking our her thread for the first time.

I just wish this case would be solved and the perps will get what's coming to them.

This case is also very interesting

Is this the most recent Brittannee thread? I actually live in Charleston but was never up on the facts of this case in 2009/2010, so I'm trying to catch up. I just saw coverage of the case on TV the other evening so I finally saw the basic facts and the video from the hotel lobbies and street.
yes, the other threads are now closed to posting.

Does anyone have links handy to the videos etc to post again here, and any other pertinent info, and thanks in advance to those of you who can summarize and update for people like me. :) (I went back to the first thread but the links at the beginning of that thread didn't appear to be working now.) TY!
i don't have the links handy and i'm in a hurry right now, but if no one gets to it in the next few days i'll see if i can dig them up for you.

my answers in red.

Correct me on the sequence here. Is this right?: Video showed her approaching PB's hotel, then she got a text or call to return her friend's shorts, video showed her en route back to her hotel, entering her hotel, coming back down in other pants, returning along the street again, entering PB's hotel, then leaving PB's hotel, but then not on the street video again?
the portion i have underlined never happened... i'm not sure where you came across that info. the sequence of her approaching PB's hotel, entering the hotel, receiving the call about the shorts, and then seen on camera leaving is all correct.

Was video checked from the other hotels on the street (to see either if she passed them or entered any of them) plus other street cameras in the area?
i'm sure that this was done.

Were there any cameras facing the beach side, (in case instead of walking up the street she cut between hotels to walk up the beach or something?)
i'm not sure if there were cameras there, but i'm sure that if there are then LE looked at them at the beginning of the case

Were phone records gathered from her friends and PB and friends? thanks in advance
i sure hope so, but we haven't heard any reports on specifics.

i'm in red again.

in the program I saw a couple nights ago (which may have been filmed very early in the case, I'm not sure when), her boyfriend said he didn't recognize the sunglasses (found by the Santee River outside of Georgetown) but didn't know if she could have bought them in MB, what did her friends say about the sunglasses?
i haven't heard what their response on the glasses was, but i think i recall hearing that one of the girls had a similar pair also.

Also they showed a video provided by a young man from the midwest who had met her during the vacation, that he filmed of her at his hotel room. I assume kids were meeting each other like that and going to each other's hotel rooms, did they check video from all the hotels and stores nearby? thanks
most likely.

hope i'm helping a little bit.

in the security video from the hotels that they showed in the program, her hair appeared to be different than in the other photos, does anyone have a link to a picture of what she looked like while in MB? tia
it was said britt experimented with her hair very frequently. she was interested in cosmetology. will search for a pic (i know i have one somewhere) of her in mb.

And what time were her phone pings travelling down toward Surfside Beach and Georgetown? thank you!
immediately after she was seen leaving pb's hotel.

if i find the pic i'll edit this post to attach.

fellow sleuthers, i'm having a hard time locating the famous pic of britt standing between jo and al when they were in mb. i found this pic of her from the same "photo shoot" but it's hard to verify it was taken at the same time without already knowing that. the one where she was with the girls confirms it. attaching anyway.

n783682458_1588379_1524178.jpg

also will include video cap.

Attachments

• video cap.jpg
    video cap.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 25
Good Morning all!

I am happy to see Brittanee's thread active.

Regarding the Chili group.....I wish LE had checked their all of their cell phones for any calls made to numbers who live in the area. This is pure speculation and opinion on my part but I have had this gut feeling for a very long time that there is a drug connection in this case.

I think Brittanee was sent to the boys room by the girls to fetch drugs to bring back.
Britt's bf said in that show, disappeared, that the group Britt was with was partying and that that wasn't really Brittanee's scene. Brittanee was the youngest of the group and had she been caught with drugs, the consequences wouldn't have been as severe for her as opposed to someone who is 18+.

I wish we knew who all was in PB's room when Britt went there. Didn't I read somewhere about an alleged party the group attended before Brittanee went missing in either MB or GT?

There has to be a reason those boys all high tailed it back to NY that night and this is the only reason I can think of other than disappearing her. They may not be directly involved but I would bet that they have their suspicions. I mean, what kind of people just up and leave town when a supposed friend disappears off the street into thin air? What kind of friends let a 17 year old walk such a long distance back to her hotel when darktime is setting in?

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

If anyone ever finds a mug shot of HR please post it. Would love to see this person.
Also, wasn't there a report or rumor at one time long ago that LE had questioned a student at GTHS regarding Brittanee? Was that person a family member of the T clan? Locals, I would appreciate a refresher! :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

MOO

wm

WM,

I tend to agree with most of your thoughts. I too would love to see a pic of HR. As I posted earlier, his arrest record is public through the GT LE site, but everything as to status is labeled as "Pending" and he's been jailed for almost a year. I wonder if he's trying to cut a deal with LE...

SNIPPED
Good Morning all!

There has to be a reason those boys all high tailed it back to NY that night and this is the only reason I can think of other than disappearing her. They may not be directly involved but I would bet that they have their suspicions. I mean, what kind of people just up and leave town when a supposed friend disappears off the street into thin air? What kind of friends let a 17 year old walk such a long distance back to her hotel when darktime is setting in?

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

wm

I couldn't agree with you more waltzingmatilda.

I think Brittanee was sent to the boys room by the girls to fetch drugs to bring back.
Britt's bf said in that show, disappeared, that the group Britt was with was partying and that that wasn't really Brittanee's scene. Brittanee was the youngest of the group and had she been caught with drugs, the consequences wouldn't have been as severe for her as opposed to someone who is 18+.

I wish we knew who all was in PB's room when Britt went there. Didn't I read somewhere about an alleged party the group attended before Brittanee went missing in either MB or GT?

I always thought they took off because they were afraid of getting caught with drugs and they thought Brittanee would be found possibly with drugs. At that point, they weren't worried about her - they were worried about keeping themselves out of trouble. They were just PO'ed with her for disappearing and didn't think something bad had happened to her.

Wow surprising I'll look to see if anything else is posted yet

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...s-surprise-search-missing-ny-teen-ar-1737455/

New tip leads to surprise search for missing NY teen

Credit: SCNOW Archive

Drexel went missing in April 2009

By Mason Snyder
Published: April 19, 2011
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
MYRTLE BEACH – A new tip in the case of a missing New York teenager sparks a search planned for this Wednesday morning.

Myrtle Beach Police Lieutenant Chuck Capp said the area that’s planned to be searched is less than 50 acres in the Myrtle Beach area.

Capp wouldn’t release any more information to ensure the investigation would remain protected.

A task force of police from Georgetown County, Charleston County, and Myrtle Beach, along with the CUE Center for Missing Persons will assist in the search, Capp said.

Capp said a small group assessed the area Monday.

He said the search is not limited and could be extended to multiple days depending on what, if anything is found.

Just saw this:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=607478

"We got a call from someone that had met a person that made some unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious. They contacted us and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized."

Sorry! Already posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member