Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your post; what is around this origin area on the map

Saw this posted as to the location of the fire and its point of origin. Interesting... Prayers for Britanne and Family !

Hopefully the attachment shows up for you guys.

Rochestergirl,

NOt sure what's in that area, but will continue to look around and drive if I can make time. I know a huge "startup" hunt club lost well over $100,000.00 in land and equipment etc. I hope LE releases more details soon. Cheers to you guys and prayers to Britanne & Family !

l.jpg

Hmmm....I swear I was reading your post with goosebumps protruding all over my arms and tears welling up in my eyes.

I don't know about Forensic Astrology and I don't know why I feel the way I do, but on my last trip down I talked about the bridge that we went over and how it absolutely made me short of breath. It wasn't the bridge specifically.....it was just where the bridge was, that there was litter and clear signs of 'parties' around the bridge, how incredibly isolated it was, and the dense forests on all sides.
I swore to this thread that day that I believe Britt is there....somewhere in those woods near that bridge. I don't know why I feel that way, but I absolutely still believe that to be true.
FWIW, you can click on the link below to see the map. #1 is the exact spot of the bridge....it's a very small bridge over the creek/swampy area that runs out to the North Santee River. #2 is the nearest house....coincidentally, the vehicle in the garage was one of those 90's vans with the spare wheel on the back, the kind where you can't see in the back at all unless you are inside the van. Not to rehash all of that.....just had to speak up when you mentioned the bridge. Maybe I'll go read the FA thread.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...nt.pj4k6d8cgjvy_Untitled item____&FORM=LMLTCC

Better View of bridge here...without street names. Use right arrow key for the best view of the bridge. http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...3046&dir=271.09561277660253&sty=o&FORM=LMLTCC

I Saw this when reading the headlines... Looks like this fire is right around out "area of interest"

1,100-acre wildfire rages

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/mar/24/1100-acre-wildfire-rages/

Hi all, I'm usually a lurker and don't post often, but I felt compelled. And I apologize for sounding "mysterious" but I would hate to compromise the search for our beloved Brittanee. I hope ya'll can follow my thoughts and connections and extrapolate to earlier thread discussions...

-Zooming out from Krista's "bridge" link, the nearest main road is "P".

-Referring to the initial article mlatta posted from 3/24, I see comments attributed to a resident who has lived in the area for at least the past 72 years. He knows the area quite well... and I'm betting he also knows the locals quite well, as well. Also, this gentleman/close relative lives on P road.

Seems this gentleman, trying to "get home" during the fire, was told by LE that he could not go down HWY 17. from the article (edited by me):

He said he used back roads that the locals know to get home.
“I...I kept going, because I knew something he didn’t know,” xxxxx said.

(I assume "he" is the LE officer who told xxxxx not to use HWY17)

Just thought I would mention that HWY 17 is not the only way to travel around/from MB to G'town, as confirmed by above citzen.

Sorry if this adds to confusion or is unclear, I am only trying to assist.:)
:twocents:

SCSleuther,
Nice post! You really should post more often as I found your comments very interesting to say the least. I saw the "Fire Origin Map" and had to post it. You'd expect someone to set the blaze at least somewhere somewhat close to whatever they want destroyed, and likely not imagining that it would spread like it did, I'd guess that the stuff to be destroyed would be somewhat close by, unless of course this could be an attempt to draw attention away from another area, which seems very unlikely considering that everything I've read points within a 10 mile radius of all of this. I can't imagine that this crap isn't connected and hopefully someone continues to yak their mouths. As for Charleston Co. I'm guessing that the SM case years back was such a negative thing for our Sheriff, that he'd like to make dang sure there's a solid case before releasing anything too public. Sad that the result is quite time consuming. Everyone on this site is great. Keep up the prayers and keep up the attention drawn to the case. The heat seems to be working on those who at least might know some little clue; even better than the heat from the fire!

There hasn't been much activity, at least publicly, lately about Britt. I'm hoping that with the 2 yr anniv, and MLatta FOIL request, we might get some action.

Something has been bothering me for awhile and I figured I would post and see what everyone else thinks, or if I am incorrect. Why has none of the people Britt was in MB with ever been publicly mentioned or questioned? That really really bothers me. I mean she was in a car for 12 hrs with these girls, spent 3+ days with them, yet there have been NO interviews that I can recall. The public doesn't even know their names! Why is that? Other than PB, none of the Roch people are mentioned. This seems very very odd to me. Now, girls rarely keep a secret, esp a group of girls. You would expect at least one of them to come forward and talk about Britt. Other than the crap they posted on FB right after, has anyone said anything? Doesn't that seem weird to you? Is it possible that they were threatened or gained something? I mean, if they know nothing, wouldn't you expect them to be all over the place saying just that? I would. But yet.....nothing.

I still go back to the theory that there is some kind of connection to the Roch people that Britt was there with. They may have introduced her to someone there, or a local or something. I don't know, it just bothers me that more hasn't been done with the people she was there with.

I am new to the threads about Brittanee Drexel, but do remember trying to help when she initially went missing. I have nothing new to offer, BUT I live near Myrtle Beach and frequent the area often.

IF anyone has clues and needs EYES ON or PHOTOGRAPHS of places in the area, let me know. I'll do my best to go take photos or put eyes on the place(s) and report back here.

There are now 17 full threads on this story (threads I could find on WS). I know next to nothing about the theories, but am willing to assist. So, let me know...

Prayers for Brittanee & her family. I hope she is found before the 2nd anniversary of her missing date.

Fundraisers planned to support search for Brittanee Drexel

It's been almost two years since a teenager on spring break went missing from the Grand Strand.

[snip]

There have been nearly 50 searches for Drexel, but still no signs of her. Her family is planning fundraisers along the Grand Strand to continue to fund more searches.

More: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=604477

POLL
1) Do you think Brittanee was abducted, whether voluntary or forceful, by (1) Someone she knew from the Rochester Gang -OR- (2) Someone native to the Georgetown-Charleston County area?

2) Do you think Brittanee WAS or WAS NOT with her cell phone as it travelled south?

To be perfectly blunt...

1) I think PB is at the root of this whole thing, personally. Somehow she died while with him (not for me to speculate how) and he took off south, drove as far as he could afford to go (time, money, gas, darkness, ???), dumped her body, then headed home to NY. Thus the reason for not returning to his hotel & getting his clothes, booze, deposit, etc. Didn't want any chance of her body being discovered in the car while he went inside the hotel to retrieve those things.
1a) If not, I think he knows the details of what happened.

2) I think Brittanee's cell phone was with her body as it was taken and dumped near the Georgetown-Charleston County area.

... I still feel the possibility that this whole thing is local, and those kids from Chili are just selfish brats, who have no respect for human life, and don't know how to respect authority.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Chili kids don't really give a rip for Brittanee, or anyone other than themselves. There is NO legit reason for them not to cooperate with LE, help with searches and be at the forefront of the investigation, helping find Brittanee. We all know that anything they could be prosecuted for (drugs, underage drinking, etc) could be plea bargained away IF they were to offer significant information about what happened to Brittanee. I just feel very strongly about these things.

What are the chances that someone who had very similar glasses would lose them in the general area where Britt's phone last pinged?

If the glasses were found near the highway... and the sunglasses were purchased in MB, there actually a fairly good chance of this happening. Every Wings and Eagles in MB area has the same glasses.
Lots of convertibles (or cars with open windows) going home from MB -- and ppl wearing sunglasses they bought on vacation. Gust of wind... whoosh. Not a huge oddity that it could happen.

Welcome Charliej!!

Great to see new folks coming to Brittanee's thread and bringing new perspectives. It has always bothered me tremendously how little cooperation (like none) these "friends" have provided. Even if someone was probably my worst enemy, if I had even just a little tidbit of information, I'd be talking up a storm to help find her. She has her whole future ahead of her and who could be so cruel as to not want to help, even if they did not see eye-to-eye with her. Life goes on for them, but has come to a standstill for Brittanee and her family and real friends. In my opinion, they definitely know something about her disappearance. If they had nothing to do with any of it, why then, won't they speak up to clear their names. How can they even sleep at night without thinking of poor BD being abducted and terrorized and perhaps worse. It is so hard to believe that as many of these NY kids were down there at the time, not one single one of them has tried to help clear up details and tell anything and all they know. Not one single person has done so, or at least if they have, it has not been mentioned in MSM.

To be perfectly blunt...

1) I think PB is at the root of this whole thing, personally. Somehow she died while with him (not for me to speculate how) and he took off south, drove as far as he could afford to go (time, money, gas, darkness, ???), dumped her body, then headed home to NY. Thus the reason for not returning to his hotel & getting his clothes, booze, deposit, etc. Didn't want any chance of her body being discovered in the car while he went inside the hotel to retrieve those things.
1a) If not, I think he knows the details of what happened.

BBM - I totally agree with you. There is SOME connection. Whether conscious or not, I think that PB or someone in the Rochester group is the link between Britt and her abductor.

Welcome Charliej!!

Great to see new folks coming to Brittanee's thread and bringing new perspectives. It has always bothered me tremendously how little cooperation (like none) these "friends" have provided. Even if someone was probably my worst enemy, if I had even just a little tidbit of information, I'd be talking up a storm to help find her. She has her whole future ahead of her and who could be so cruel as to not want to help, even if they did not see eye-to-eye with her. Life goes on for them, but has come to a standstill for Brittanee and her family and real friends. In my opinion, they definitely know something about her disappearance. If they had nothing to do with any of it, why then, won't they speak up to clear their names. How can they even sleep at night without thinking of poor BD being abducted and terrorized and perhaps worse. It is so hard to believe that as many of these NY kids were down there at the time, not one single one of them has tried to help clear up details and tell anything and all they know. Not one single person has done so, or at least if they have, it has not been mentioned in MSM.

BBM - Thanks Strawberry. I didn't think there was any mention in MSM of them, but wasn't sure if I had missed it. I just don't understand why these people have been let off the hook so to speak. And if they have been, then why hasn't that been made public? It is really troublesome.

Wow, it is nice to get a second opinion, and trust me that me and Nancy Grace thought about ole P(nut)B(utter) guy right off the bat. As time has passed and I read the details of the others missing here, I started to believe PB's story. LE here fully believed his alibi and he had several Parents (to be expected huh?) backing him up. I wasn't concerned with the $100 left deposit as no hotel/motel in MB is giving you your deposit back until they fully clean the room and check for damage etc. His deposit was mailed to him within a week or so. With that said, have they questioned ANY of those kids enough H*** NO ! They should have been extridited back here and spent a few days in jail for something. This one's hard to crack indeed, but if I had to bet my bank account (really low these days), I'd say the ring leader is in jail in GT right now, since May of last year for something similar which explains little activity where the case is concerned, IMHO (although I do think that he's considering a deal or plea-bargain). Here's his link, sadly, no picture (may have to copy and paste into browser url box):

http://court.georgetowncountysc.org...tAgency=22001&LastName=Rivers&FirstName=Harry

I guess we all could be wrong, and God knows that I'm no detective> Really nice to have other opinions, so THANKS TO ALL for simply keeping the efforts going, and a big welcome to CharlieJ ! I especially liked the info on tracking cell phones ! PB DID have time to drive round-trip to McClellanville, get back to the hotel and check out (I THINK), but he'd have cut it close to make his check out time (1:00 AM or something?). If you figure he took BD AFTER checking out, then the cell phone pings etc. don't match.

Someone smarter than me figure this out quick ! God Bless Britanne and Family !

<snip> ... if I had to bet my bank account (really low these days), I'd say the ring leader is in jail in GT right now, since May of last year for something similar <snip> ... Here's his link, sadly, no picture (may have to copy and paste into browser url box):

http://court.georgetowncountysc.org...tAgency=22001&LastName=Rivers&FirstName=Harry

THANKS to everyone for the warm welcome! I sincerely appreciate it. I hope to be a contributing member of the community -- and be of assistance in getting Brittanee's (and others') cases solved.

I'm still trying to get up to speed on the whole t-clan theory, as it relates to Brittanee. I read all 16 pages of this thread, but have yet to read the other threads and put all the t-clan theory pieces together.

To that topic, I have a question. Does anyone know the geographic location of the last couple of searches? I seem to recall someone mentioning S. Santee Road... or was there a reference to the Santee River? For those more familiar, please clue me in. I have found a home address for one of the POIs and want to research proximity to the search site(s).

I do see, in the big picture, how HR and ST (and others from his clan) are prime for being at least POI's, if not outright suspects. BTW, here is the booking photo for ST, from J. Reuben Long, after his arrest last Summer.

B1291059638
ASSAULT / ASSAULT & BATTERY 1ST DEGREE- $20,000.00
CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT KIDNAPPING- Disposed - $50,000.00

Charlie, the sunglasses were found along/close to a riverbank.

The most recent searches have been near Old Georgetown Road and Rutledge Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500