Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 13 post #455. I think we have forgotten about this area of interest:

Dawn Drexel said police in McClellanville received a tip that the body of her daughter, Brittanee Drexel, could be in a wooded area off Rutledge Road.

"They didn't tell us what the tip was about," Dawn Drexel said this morning. "They do look at all of them. They still are actively searching for Brittanee."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/lat...#storylink=cpy

Not that it's too far from the general vicinity, but it's pretty specific.

ETA: There are several articles posted around this timeframe mentioning an anonymous tip about the possible location of B. Shortly thereafter everyone recants their words and say they had no particular reason to search this area other than to eliminate it from their possibilities. Unsure if erroneous reporting or if they release too much info they weren't supposed to.

Thread 14 post 438:

Saw this posted as to the location of the fire and its point of origin. Interesting... Prayers for Britanne and Family !

Hopefully the attachment shows up for you guys.

Includes images indicating the point of origin of this fire. Sorry image did not quote. Here is link to view it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-14/page30 . Fire set in exact spot LE was searching

Speaking of the press conference, I remember some of us being confused as to how they came up with which agencies to include -- and which NOT to include...hmm. One of those (seemingly random) agencies that was included was Berkeley County.

Thread 14 post #364, a lengthy list of (now broken) links regarding the Shannon McConaughey case mentioning she was from Berkeley County. It's long been speculated these cases are connected. Even though 5 men were arrested in SM's case, it was never solved. Do we think the collaboration of these agencies indicates that they are investigating them together and we can possibly construe this as confirmation that they ARE connected?

^Drastically snipped this post for space. If you'd like to see it in its entirety: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-14/page25

Thank you for the link LLLindsayy! That is what I've been looking for but unfortunately the link is kaput. But this one is why I believe this case is bigger than I imagined........

9)http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...92608321.shtml
"...Her cases ran from mundane defense and trial work to the high profile. One of her clients was Jacob Leon Taylor, one of a group of men charged with the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey of St. Stephen, in 1998. The charges against Taylor and some of the other defendants later were dropped for lack of evidence...."
"..Today, Thompson stands by her claim, adding that it was only the tip of the iceberg into illegal drug use by Charleston's legal community...."

I suspect the possibility of big dog's in the Charlston legal community drug use may have something to do with why the charges against the 5 accused of killing Shannon were dropped. It's common knowledge that the T gang is heavily into drugs. JMO

On the MissingBrittaneeMarieDrexel page someone posted channel 5 Charleston will have a special report on Britt tomorrow evening. Consider this RUMOR tfn.

More crime in Myrtle Beach! And this one was completely brazen!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article88758672.html

O/T

and this...

Neighboring business owners shocked after woman found dead at Socastee laundromat
Friday, June 3rd 2016, 9:52 am EDTFriday, June 3rd 2016, 9:03 pm EDT

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...after-woman-found-dead-at-socastee-laundromat

and this...

Two men found dead in Socastee Plaza parking lot; police investigating as double homicide
Monday, July 11th 2016, 8:47 am EDT

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32414...g-lot-police-investigating-as-double-homicide

...it's a jungle out there (MB)!

O/T

and this...

Neighboring business owners shocked after woman found dead at Socastee laundromat
Friday, June 3rd 2016, 9:52 am EDTFriday, June 3rd 2016, 9:03 pm EDT

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...after-woman-found-dead-at-socastee-laundromat

and this...

Two men found dead in Socastee Plaza parking lot; police investigating as double homicide
Monday, July 11th 2016, 8:47 am EDT

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32414...g-lot-police-investigating-as-double-homicide

...it's a jungle out there (MB)!

You are NOT lying.

These two people broke into a home, assaulted a woman, and fired shots with children present:

Two charged after Myrtle Beach shooting http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article89067127.html

(Thank God nobody was killed!)

PLUS, my boyfriend and I were awakened by a police officer knocking on our door at 5:30 am one day last week. Our downstairs neighbor (who doesn't live here year round) just happened to be up early packing and watched two guys break into my boyfriend's truck. My neighbor managed to run the guys off and called 911. It has made me super paranoid because I typically leave for work between 6:00 & 6:30.

And, to make matters worse, I witnessed a pedestrian get struck by a car on Highway 17 Business Friday night. It was quite possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in my life. So, needless to say, I've been a hot mess of nerves the past few days.

Speaking of the press conference, I remember some of us being confused as to how they came up with which agencies to include -- and which NOT to include...hmm. One of those (seemingly random) agencies that was included was Berkeley County.

Thread 14 post #364, a lengthy list of (now broken) links regarding the Shannon McConaughey case mentioning she was from Berkeley County. It's long been speculated these cases are connected. Even though 5 men were arrested in SM's case, it was never solved. Do we think the collaboration of these agencies indicates that they are investigating them together and we can possibly construe this as confirmation that they ARE connected?

^Drastically snipped this post for space. If you'd like to see it in its entirety: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-14/page25

Very real possibility. Another could be that "if" a "snitch" gave info which prompted the most recent press conference, that person could have been arrested and detained on a charge in Berkeley County and this info was given to police as a way to get out of their predicament. Arrest records of multiple offenders around this location often involve arrests in Horry, Georgetown, Charleston, and/or Berkeley counties. ....IMO

Needless to say, Coastal Carolina sounds like an unnerving place to live these days. I hope LE is able to make some significant arrests soon to put a little but of fear into other would-be criminals. I'm not saying that these cases are connected (I'm sure they're not), but it seems like people can do whatever they want in this area and face zero consequences! LE needs to make it known they are in charge. SOON!

Cujenn, oh my, I pray your alright and are better everyday, your boyfriend too.
MB has had a ton of crime in such a short time. I guess it's like this everywhere though. Crime doesn't make a lick of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm behind everyone else in researching things but I looked up McClellanville SC this morning. I really wanted to get a layout of the town. What abandoned bldgs. might be there. I came across this site. Further shows that you can't believe everything you read on the internet. This makes it sound like Mayberry but we all know that's quite the opposite.

http://www.coastalliving.com/lifestyle/so-you-want-to-live-in/want-to-live-in-mcclellanville-sc

Needless to say, Coastal Carolina sounds like an unnerving place to live these days. I hope LE is able to make some significant arrests soon to put a little but of fear into other would-be criminals. I'm not saying that these cases are connected (I'm sure they're not), but it seems like people can do whatever they want in this area and face zero consequences! LE needs to make it known they are in charge. SOON!

I hope so too!

Honestly, I think the underlying issue and primary blame may fall on the court system in Horry County. It seems to me that LE is often able to make a swift arrest most of the time but then the case falls apart after that. Charges are dropped or plea deals are offered in exchange for much lighter sentences.

I think I may do some serious digging into how many people have been arrested for committing violent crimes over the past few years and compare that number with the average number of successful convictions and the average prison sentence ordered. It may be time to push for a new solicitor.

I mean, criminals aren't going to worry about the potential consequence of committing a crime if they've never been held accountable in the past. YKWIM?

ETA: I can name at least a handful of crimes (just off the top of my head) where the perpetrator was arrested for the exact same crime at some point during the past three years but the charges were either dropped altogether or the perp pled guilty to a less serious offense and was already back out on the street. I'm not even talking about charges like drug possession or theft. I'm talking serious charges like armed robbery, attempted murder, and kidnapping.

So much corruption, and evil. I'm trying to talk my kids out of going to MB. They just don't think it'll every happen to them!

So much corruption, and evil. I'm trying to talk my kids out of going to MB. They just don't think it'll every happen to them!

I go to MB multiple times a year, have my whole life. I think a lot of it depends on where you go, who you are with, if you leave yourself open to danger. I no longer get up at dawn and walk for miles on the beach, nor do I walk or bike alone on the street. But the same rules apply that apply everywhere. Keep your eyes open, stay with a group, and watch were you go.
All <MOO

This year the current is especially strong and there have been lots of drownings, mostly teens. Very sad.

This year the current is especially strong and there have been lots of drownings, mostly teens. Very sad.

Yes! There have been WAY too many.

So here's my PSA (public service announcement):

1. Unless you are a very experienced swimmer, do not go further than shin deep water when the hazard flags are yellow. If they are red, stay out of the ocean altogether (lifeguards will force you to get out anyway).

2. Know how to spot rip currents. They may be noticeably different in color, appear as a choppy, churning patch of water, form a line of foam or seaweed, or look like a break in the incoming wave pattern.

3. Never swim alone or at night and always swim where lifeguards are present whenever possible.

4. If you get caught in a rip current, don't panic or attempt to swim against it. Either swim parallel to the shore until you free of the current or float and/or tread water until it propels you out.

5. When in doubt, don't go out.
:)

Found this on Harve Jacob's Twitter. Hope he's able to report some progress in the case tonight.

'Harve Jacobs &#8207;@policereporter
Hear my exclusive new information in the Brittanee Drexel murder on @Live5News at 11. #chsnews'

Does anyone know if the 11:00 broadcast will stream anywhere online? I'm not local so I can't tune in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a minute. I saved their website and there should be a live stream option on their menu.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member