Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I missed that.

I wonder if it was bone fragments or something found.

I know! I missed it too until today. Don't understand why the media didn't make that headline worthy.

I just have to think that any DNA found would have had to have been yrs ago, closer to the time she went missing.
If that is the case, what was with the warrant to search Moody's motel room/apartment?

Thank you for the link above:

Kevin Manigault, 29, and Joshua Brown, 19, said they grew up with Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor.

Drexel’s alleged murder has changed the character of their community, Manigualt said. People feel tense.

They’re getting stopped outside and questioned by the law enforcement.

“You might wanna bring your friends down here, but then you don’t wanna bring them down here because what happened,” Brown said. “It’s hard to bring people down here. People are scared to come down here now.”

Both Manigault and Brown say there’s no way Taylor could be a killer and that they’re struggling because they feel like being associated with the family will bring trouble.

He’s not the violent type,” Brown said.

“I’ve been around him all my life, but now that they’re [accusing him] I don’t want to be around him. I don’t want to be next to him.”

FWIW, I also missed the swamp DNA statement. To be clear I did hear about the DNA but no locations given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know! I missed it too until today. Don't understand why the media didn't make that headline worthy.

I just have to think that any DNA found would have had to have been yrs ago, closer to the time she went missing.
If that is the case, what was with the warrant to search Moody's motel room/apartment?

Maybe they found evidence (blood, hair, etc) at the stash house and didn't have solid reason to believe she had been killed yet so they were following leads? Maybe Moody had visited the stash house? How those dots could connect, I don't know.

Maybe they found evidence (blood, hair, etc) at the stash house and didn't have solid reason to believe she had been killed yet so they were following leads? Maybe Moody had visited the stash house? How those dots could connect, I don't know.

IMO, I would be very surprised if Moody is still on their radar.

Or maybe they just needed to thoroughly investigate or "clear" Moody in order to show that the investigation wasn't solely focused on the Da'Shaun. Possibly a strategy to strengthen their case against Da'Shaun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox