Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it, Doc.

I'm hoping they will/have already started to roll over on one another to see who can get the best deal. I feel confident that--if there are only 2 guys talking, but 4 suspects--that someone doesn't want to go down for this crime alone.

well, they report is as a quote:
The department feels that the persons of interest are responsible for whatever happened to the teen, [Georgetown County Sheriff's Office Lt. Neil] Johnson said.

It definitely trumps "didn't know her directly", making them the perpetrators instead of witnesses after the fact.

It's starting to sound like the carrier handling her cell phone in Myrtle Beach area didn't have ping data recorded. For example, a specific time her cell phone stopped transponding has never been given, just that it was picked up around midnight south of Myrtle Beach. Even the 9:16 call (if it was 9:16) didn't have a location mentioned which is data that is usually recorded.

That and the video released of her texting in a guy's motel room pretty much does it for me. I would say anything is possible at this point.

Thanks for the info.

rd

I thought the recently released video, albeit short, was chilling. She seemed uncomfortable to me. Why was this guy taking a video of her anyway? How did he get ruled out so completely as a suspect/POI. My first thought when I saw the video was he was taking it to show someone who wanted to possibly meet her for whatever reason. How much of this guy's background has been checked out? Did they investigate over the telephone? This a 17-year-old young lady who has completely disappeared....they need to investigate every person that has even remotely been in contact with her down in MB. If you have nothing to hide....they you won't mind some probing if it will help discover what happened to her. If you lawyer up...then perhaps you do have something to hide. Is he in the habit of bringing young girls to his room and taking videos of them in his room? Sorry...I just want to find out what happened to her and I know my "methods of investigating" are not legal, but some things just don't add up to me.

Good things moms are not allowed to take the law into their own hands in cases like this. I really admire DD for keeping herself in control. I'd sure be ringing some bells down there and in ROC as well. I know that LE probably did have enough evidence/or lack of evidence to say he is not a POI, but it sure seems creepy to me. I cannot even look at a map of the United States and picture anyone traveling from Illinois all the way to MB, SC for spring break vacation. I know....you can go to spring break anywhere you want...but I am from the south and it even seemed weird to me that New York teens came to MB, but I get that now. Okay off my soap box now...sorry for the outburst....

I thought it was possible one of her girlfriends hooked up with one of this guys friends and Brit was waiting for them to be finished and had to stick around. Meanwhile this guy "friend of the friend" thinks he's hooking up. You all know how that was they think it's automatic and meanwhile Brit sat there waiting and trying not to give this guy any signals she is interested. JMHO

I really wish we had the entire video with full sound. It doesn't look like much, but I found it really odd that she was just sitting around texting on her phone. These are virtual strangers...you're now in their bedroom....and you're texting someone constantly. I know that was her habit anyway, but it just seems an odd thing to do unless she was bored out of her mind. I wonder if this was 'waiting around for someone/something'.....or complete boredom but not wanting to go back to the girl's room b/c of the constant conflict. Perhaps this was simply a precursor of the following night...where Brittanee simply wanted to get away from the girls and sought out someone to hang with...or, moreover, somewhere to go where she wasn't being bullied.

I just get this creepy feeling that she has ZERO interest in this guy, is kind of laughing at him for filming her...is disinterested completely....yet still hangs around. Who does that? Who ignores their host...who goes to a hotel room with a boy and sits around texting. The only thing I can think of is that she was waiting for someone else to show up, waiting for his friends/him to get her some drugs, or just waiting out the night so she didn't have to go back to her room.
As much as she is smiling in this video, I instinctively 'feel' that she isn't all that happy....she just looks lonely and bored...an odd feeling to have on Spring Break at the beach. IMHO.

Lol...good guess Rochester!!

That's exactly what it feels like...she's waiting for something, we don't know what, but it has nothing to do with that guy videotaping her!

I thought she was hanging out with him alone without any of her friends but I could be wrong. Outside of Thursday, I believe that was the Club K night, I don't think she hung out with her friends at all during the evening. I remember a couple of them saying she did her own thing. The very next night she is walking over to PB's. I do think there was a sense of boredom/conflict going on and she probably didn't wanna sit in the hotel alone. The video is creepy. If you look at the shot of her in the chair on the balcony, he turns on the light of the cell phone, then turns it off and she never even acknowledged it.

I also wonder how he was cleared so quickly, did he leave early Saturday that's the only way I can imagine he was cleared so fast? He probably has nothing to do with it, LE says they have their 3-4 POI's but this guy is creepy.

I thought it was possible one of her girlfriends hooked up with one of this guys friends and Brit was waiting for them to be finished and had to stick around. Meanwhile this guy "friend of the friend" thinks he's hooking up. You all know how that was they think it's automatic and meanwhile Brit sat there waiting and trying not to give this guy any signals she is interested. JMHO

I would have not come up with that Rochestergirl! But that makes sense in so many ways.

We have to give the guy some credit for supplying this info to MB police. He didn't have to get involved. If people are going to have bad, suspicious things said about them when they supply information about a crime, then we are suppressing future voluntary acts of supplying information.

Nevertheless, he of course knew when he supplied the video that he would be asked where he was on Saturday night, and undoubtedly supplied an answer that he was with his group of friends, just as PB did.

Can either group of friends make up an alibi for their friend? Of course. Outside of being on video of a hotel or club or something, there's also phone call / text records and possibly additional video he shot on Saturday night from his cell phone, statements he made to police as to what he was doing, etc. What constitutes being cleared is a preponderance of all those things.

If trying to get a girl up to your room is creepy, then spring break is creepy.

rd

I have to bring up something...

JO & AL already had hook-ups at the beach... So unless this was some other girl from ROC that BD was hanging out with JO & AL wouldn't have been the girls hooking up with this guys friend(s) from IL. JO was in a relationship with UO and AL was in a relationship with JO's brother, PO.

JO states that they went to Club K on Thurs. night. In the police report PB and his guys state that they didn't meet up with BD until Fri. night. So which night was it or was it both nights?

We have to give the guy some credit for supplying this info to MB police. He didn't have to get involved. If people are going to have bad, suspicious things said about them when they supply information about a crime, then we are suppressing future voluntary acts of supplying information.

Nevertheless, he of course knew when he supplied the video that he would be asked where he was on Saturday night, and undoubtedly supplied an answer that he was with his group of friends, just as PB did.

Can either group of friends make up an alibi for their friend? Of course. Outside of being on video of a hotel or club or something, there's also phone call / text records and possibly additional video he shot on Saturday night from his cell phone, statements he made to police as to what he was doing, etc. What constitutes being cleared is a preponderance of all those things.

If trying to get a girl up to your room is creepy, then spring break is creepy.

rd

I was not thinking a guy trying to get a girl in his room on spring break as creepy....I think taking a video of her was creepy. Sorry, but I am from old school. I also said that I knew my "methods of investigation" would not be legal. I was just thinking like a frustrated mom. If I had may way, again, as a mom who wants her daughter home, anyone who even spoke to her on the beach would get investigated....as a mom...that is. But in all reality, I agree with the system we do have in place to protect innocent people and am in 100% support of that.

I don't know, I'm so far out of current scene I wouldn't know, but seems like one person texting while the other person is cell camming the person texting is about par for the course in this age of cell phone identity.

Actually, we know why he was web camming her, he wanted proof to show his friends he got a girl to come to his room. lol

To be honest with you, if a girl came to my room and sat there texting, just what exactly is appropriate behavior? I'd say he was participating in the weird culture these young ones have in a similar way.

But on the other hand I would have had to get a girl to my room, and it was back before cell phones were invented, and definitely making home movies of the girl sitting there writing notes to her friends would have been pretty creepy.

The whole thing is weird.

rd

As the parent of kids in this age range, I have to say I don't find it in the least creepy or unusual that they would be behaving this way.

I would have expected one of them to mail it to their friends or post it to MySpace or something next.

As the parent of kids in this age range, I have to say I don't find it in the least creepy or unusual that they would be behaving this way.

I would have expected one of them to mail it to their friends or post it to MySpace or something next.

It's not so much his videotaping her or her texting that seems off...it's more about their seeming lack of interaction (and it's a short clip so that is really not necessarily representative of their whole time...obviously it's clipped since she's on the bed at one point and then the chair)...I understand that friendships these days develop rapidly, hence maybe not unusual for her to hang out with someone she just met...But new friendships tend to have a little more, not less, spark so that's what seems to be missing. As I said, and others have also commented before, it's as if she's just passing time waiting for someone or something and has little to do with him...

I could very well be wrong, but it's a sneaky feeling I have - LE may be waiting for the Drexel family to get down here and have the national spotlight once again on MB to make an official arrest.

In general, the people here are lifelong residents, close ties to the area, very dependent on family. I have feeling these are young kids (16-22) who, number one, if any of them took off they simply would have no where to go, number two, it would raise many eyebrows and number three, they are probably so young and dependent on their parents, they wouldnt have the money to run without disclosing to family the pressure they were under. LE seems confident they aren't going anywhere.

How proud would MBLE/SLED be to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Drexels to announce an arrest? Locals especially know what I mean.

I see some activity from today! This is good! I am too spaced out to process it tonight...going to do that tomorrow....

however before slumber, i wanted to share this:

unofficial sources :) say:

someone has virtually covered every street and side street and public place in the North Santee community with BD's missing person flyer! Also included on this flyer distribution rampage was the communities of Germantown, South Santee, Winyah even parts of georgetown!!...

"Can't hardly pull off of highway 17 around North Santee, or even georgetown for that matter, and not see girl's face" "She has definately NOT been forgotten!"

Some have even described these flyers as strategically placed....

night y'all! find me here tomorrow!

Thats GREAT news!! Especially since didn't some locals here say recently that there were no flyers posted?

Thats GREAT news!! Especially since didn't some locals here say recently that there were no flyers posted?

There are no flyers out there, except the ones I posted...

If LE's strategy is to inflict guilt upon the people involved, which it appears to be; I can only assume posting these flyers is going to help.

The "area of interest", which I understand to be the North Santee community, has been covered in flyers. It's a small area... I'm hoping that I posted one right in front of the perp's house!

I went to MB yesterday and got as many distributed as I could. I tried to hit up hotels along ocean blvd, but It was difficult because I got the preverbial "I can't let you put that up, you need to see my manager" After a couple of those, I just got some basic folders and placed a collection of flyers, and left them with the managers of as many hotels as I could.

Without any regard to local ordinances :) I posted on utility poles, eye level, at major intersections.

Brittanee's walk from BH to BW was, no doubt, a pain in the a$$. It's a long walk, and there is nothing along that stretch except for hotels. I did notice one thing that creeped me out a little bit... Along Ocean blvd there are entrances to the hotels' parking garages all along the side of the road... They are dark, a step down from the road, often obscured from the public eye by bushes...

---on another note---

I have found myself, once again, pondering some of the fundamentals of this case. Some of the details that were given, were skechy - at best, and distorted by different media sources... From what I can gather, we do not have definitave answers on these two important details:

1) Did Brittanee leave BW at 8:30, and continue to text until 9:16 !?!?

2) Did the G-C county line ping occur on Saturday night or Sunday night?

:banghead:

Sorry I haven't been replying to recent posts. I can't seem to focus real good at the moment, every time I try, I find myself back asking the same questions listed above... very furstrating... This weekend was thoroughly exhausting.... This is going to be a LONG week!! Anyone else on here going to join us at the canlelight vigil Saturday??

Thanks to you MLatta!!! I just hope someone who was in MB last year at this time will see a flyer and remember something. Its unfortunate, but there are a lot of people who do not read or listen to the news. It sounds hard to believe, but there maybe someone who comes back to MB and who was there last year that had no clue BD was missing and may remember something/someone after seeing your flier.

Is the billboard still up? I thought I read that it was taken down.

Thanks to you MLatta!!! I just hope someone who was in MB last year at this time will see a flyer and remember something. Its unfortunate, but there are a lot of people who do not read or listen to the news. It sounds hard to believe, but there maybe someone who comes back to MB and who was there last year that had no clue BD was missing and may remember something/someone after seeing your flier.

I am clinging on to that little peice of hope too. There is a billboard in Georgetown but it's faced so that it is visible by 17-South traffic... but still better than nothing!!!

Is the billboard still up? I thought I read that it was taken down.

I think it is important for the Drexel Family, and everyone else, to know that South Carolina has not given up on Brittanee ! ! !

I sure hope SeaNymph is right: (And yes, it does sound logical)
"How proud would MBLE/SLED be to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Drexels to announce an arrest? Locals especially know what I mean."

However, if this 1 year point comes and goes without any resolution, you can bet I will be back in these areas again, asking questions and posting flyers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz