Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
these areas i think u should add to the list~~~~

add,,,choppee,west andrews (crystals soles missing from here)Puncheon Creek,Oceda,Italy,Kent, Lambert(was this Lambert town???) these areas ive added i know them well you dont S*** around them unless its for drugs,stealing,,etc crime areas)

Don't assume all the POI's or everyone involved is of the same race or gender.

Good point...You know, I'm so far away from the teen culture these days...but also have zero knowledge about the gang culture these days. Back in my day, gangs didn't mix colors. When you asked about the possibility of it being a gang, my mind immediately went to an all white/all black/all latino gang....when in fact it could be a mixed gang these days.....or just a group of bad kids looking for trouble.

I think it's probable would be of the same race, if it was a gang thing. Otherwise, sure, could be totally mixed.

these areas i think u should add to the list~~~~

add,,,choppee,west andrews (crystals soles missing from here)Puncheon Creek,Oceda,Italy,Kent, Lambert(was this Lambert town???) these areas ive added i know them well you dont S*** around them unless its for drugs,stealing,,etc crime areas)

Yes, it was Lambert Town. Wow, that's a LOT of towns!! I think Lambert (Town) is very close to N Santee too.

StillwaterSC's video news link earlier also mentioned South Santee...right outside of Charleston County. I know we keep going back and forth with a possible 'new area' of interest, but I'm not sure if it's reporters or LE being so wishy washy with specifics. I've heard LE say BOTH north and south santee river area in recent days. Which one is it. Unfortunately, this area--both areas--are just so large and so untravelled that it just isn't likely someone will 'run into' something of use in this case. Wish we could narrow down the area. IMHO.

You know, ever since the new timeline was given, I've been thinking about that.....that, some sort of cult/ritual, etc.....but I also know that LE has said that the POI's didn't know Brittanee 'directly'. I just don't know why they'd say that if she had no idea who they were or they her.

Sorry, guys, but I haven't been to spring break week at MB in almost a decade. For those of you who have gone more recently, could you give a basic idea of what your experience was? 10 years ago, I could have walked a long way without ever coming into contact with anyone black or hispanic. I don't know WHY that is...but at that time it was just very unusual to see any minorities on the strip During other times of the year, it wasn't unusual at all...but that week always seemed to be overrun with white high school and college kids. In 2009, how likely it would have been for Brittanee to have met some black teens at Club K, the amusement park, or even along Ocean Blvd?

I certainly don't want to sound like I care if these perps are white or black or Hispanic...or that their race matters at all outside of finding out who did this. I'm just trying to get a feel for what Ocean Blvd looks like during spring break in 2009....and if it was highly likely that Brittanee would have partied with or met a group of black males at the places we know she went to on those last few days. 10 years ago, 3-4 black males hanging out together for spring break in MB or riding around in their car on Ocean Blvd would have been fairly out of ordinary...and, possibly, memorable~~especially if I saw them around Blue Water Resort and had heard about BD's case.

I still firmly believe that someone from ROC had some type of association with these guys. It doesn't even sound like it was her directly. We know drugs were present, any of her friends, any of Peter's friends could have bought from them at K, or locally and she may have noticed them present with her network of friends.

Given her personality, it doesn't seem like it would have taken much to earn her trust or friendship. If she had seen one of the guys around her network of friends, I bet that would have been enough.

Very good point... TFS

based on the (little) info we have on BD's case, what are your thoughts? on the perp's age range, for example...

originally i thought it was a stranger abduction but with the recent report of 3-4 POI's i personally feel that they are young 16-23. Sex offenders mainly work alone but sometimes they do work in a group, there are different types of offenders who enjoy different forms of abuse some are content to sit and watch while others need to act. also just to comment on what some other people have talked about just because your of a higher class doesn't mean you dont go to lower class neighborhoods. i think this group of POI's is from the upper class and that is why they are not being named and shamed. i dont know of any young black man who is a person of interest in a crime this awful on a pretty white blonde hair blue eyed girl that would be allowed this type of privacy & patience.

You know, ever since the new timeline was given, I've been thinking about that.....that, some sort of cult/ritual, etc.....but I also know that LE has said that the POI's didn't know Brittanee 'directly'. I just don't know why they'd say that if she had no idea who they were or they her.

Sorry, guys, but I haven't been to spring break week at MB in almost a decade. For those of you who have gone more recently, could you give a basic idea of what your experience was? 10 years ago, I could have walked a long way without ever coming into contact with anyone black or hispanic. I don't know WHY that is...but at that time it was just very unusual to see any minorities on the strip during that week. During other times of the year, it wasn't unusual at all...but that week always seemed to be overrun with white high school and college kids. In 2009, how likely it would have been for Brittanee to have met some black teens at Club K, the amusement park, or even along Ocean Blvd?

I certainly don't want to sound like I care if these perps are white or black or Hispanic...or that their race matters at all outside of finding out who did this. I'm just trying to get a feel for what Ocean Blvd looks like during spring break in 2009....and if it was highly likely that Brittanee would have partied with or met a group of black males at the places we know she went to on those last few days. 10 years ago, 3-4 black males hanging out together for spring break in MB or riding around in their car on Ocean Blvd would have been fairly out of ordinary...and, possibly, memorable~~especially if I saw them around Blue Water Resort and had heard about BD's case.

I can say this last year (2009) for schools/colleges,,they were threw with Spring break,Horry,Georgetown,Williamsburg,Charleston county had there Spring breaks from April 6th-17th,,,so since BD her group was down from Wednesday? (not sure she was in MB on wednesday or left that day for MB) but she been here on Thursday-Friday-Saturday (i think it was said she had be back on Sunday) so for school/college kids from this area,would been back to school etc,,,i spent a week in 2008 at beach, (Breakers Hotel) and it was packed out but most vacationers,were from out of state,,,just been last 5 years that you see alot of whites/black mixed,,,but everyone is walking or in cars but MB has red light to red light,you dont pick up much speed,,,,i feel the POI (3-4) not really ones harm etc BD,i feel they witness,or the ones thats telling on the others,,,,i do feel MB,Gtown are trying,,and im say this, i feel im 80% sure to say if the POI are from N Santee they black,but no proof to back it,,,anyhow just how i feel,guess you have live here and know the routes etc,,,i hope BD is found soon,,,,,,,

I can say this last year (2009) for schools/colleges,,they were threw with Spring break,Horry,Georgetown,Williamsburg,Charleston county had there Spring breaks from April 6th-17th,,,so since BD her group was down from Wednesday? (not sure she was in MB on wednesday or left that day for MB) but she been here on Thursday-Friday-Saturday (i think it was said she had be back on Sunday) so for school/college kids from this area,would been back to school etc,,,i spent a week in 2008 at beach, (Breakers Hotel) and it was packed out but most vacationers,were from out of state,,,just been last 5 years that you see alot of whites/black mixed,,,but everyone is walking or in cars but MB has red light to red light,you dont pick up much speed,,,,i feel the POI (3-4) not really ones harm etc BD,i feel they witness,or the ones thats telling on the others,,,,i do feel MB,Gtown are trying,,and im say this, i feel im 80% sure to say if the POI are from N Santee they black,but no proof to back it,,,anyhow just how i feel,guess you have live here and know the routes etc,,,i hope BD is found soon,,,,,,,

I think you just may be onto something here. Thinking about the LE saying at least 2 of the PsOI have been given lie detector tests makes me think they may be 2 who are currently in jail and the reason they started talking was to get some sort of deal offer or shorter sentence for whatever they are in there for. So maybe they had to take the LD test to be sure they knew what they were talking about regarding BD of else LE may think that is the ONLY reason they said anything was to get a deal...and they really did not know anything about this case.

Georgetowntimes has a 'crimeblotter' page that gives daily info on calls made to the police. Surprisingly, even with adults, they don't provide names. So, for example, yesterday a mother feared her daughter had been raped at a party and possibly given a rufie in her drink by a 20 year old who was at the party. Neither name was released. If a man is accused of rape and he is no longer a teen, shouldn't the newspaper provide his name? Just wondering.

That would be to protect people from being abused. It would be all to easy to call in something you "think" had happened. If they published everyones names it would become simple to ruin someones reputation with no risk to yourself just by expressing a suspicion.

O/T there are some VERY disturbing stories in here...mom kept her kids in a cage while she cleaned house....no problem...the cage was clean, had toys for the kids, and she said it was the first time she'd done it. Doesn't even sound like there will be a followup for these children. Ugh. Makes me sick to my stomach. I don't care how clean your dog cage is, your children still don't belong in it. sigh...http://www.gtowntimes.com/crime/

Ever heard of something called a crib? It's not that different. As long as there isnt abuse or risk of injury, some method of keeping kids temporarily confined to a specific area when you can't watch them is acceptable.

You guys are doing a great job keeping up with the current events in MB/GT. You would be surprised how often A can lead to B. It's like when someone gets fired at work, then at the end of the week you get a reminder e-mail about a policy.

Ever heard of something called a crib? It's not that different. As long as there isnt abuse or risk of injury, some method of keeping kids temporarily confined to a specific area when you can't watch them is acceptable.

Yes I have heard of a crib. A crib is what you put infants and toddlers in while they are sleeping so that they don't roll out of bed while they are sleeping. A crib is not a babysitter.
While it was NOT meant to in any way take us off topic on Brittanee's case, I utterly disagree that locking your 1 and 4 year old children in a dog kennel, outside in 80 degree temps while you clean inside, is in any way akin to putting a child down for his nap in his own bed. If a child isn't sleeping or attempting to sleep, he shouldn't be in the crib. Cribs are for sleeping. Baby gates are for temporarily confining children....so that you can continue to keep an eye on them while you clean. Or you can clean while they are sleeping.
I'm a Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused and neglected foster children in the state of SC. There is NEVER a time where locking your children outside in a cage without adult supervision is acceptable parenting.
As for the differences between a cage and a crib, I wasn't recommending either as a child restraint. What I WAS suggesting is that ANY time you confine a child you MUST be able to hear and/or see that child...because there's no way to determine if the child is injured if you can't see or hear him. Further, a crib or cage left outside in the hot sun, in 80 degree temps, without adult supervision would absolutely be neglect and could lead to dehydration, fainting, black outs, and even death. Technically, infant car seats are incredibly safe.....but placed in the hot sun, without adult supervision, they become deadly.
Sorry everyone for the O/T post. No excuses for my comments....it's my job and my life's work to protect children from abuse and neglect. Just couldn't sit back and ignore second degree child endangerment. IMHO.

Back to Brittanee

I've noticed that there are several stories that keep popping up about various officials and leaders within the Georgetown community that have been accused or charged with crimes. I've also noticed a decent amount of unsolved murders and assualts. Someone mentioned earlier that the POI's may be family member/s of 'respected community leaders' in Georgetown....and that that may be why we still don't know who the POI's are.
The WS forensic astrologers also said something about the perps being affluent members of the community, IIRC. (if you believe in that).

As for gangs...there was the one killing of Brad Anderson in Georgetown several years back....by one member of a gang. But I've always thought Gang initiations typically are 'beat ins' and 'sex ins,' not abduction, rape, murder of someone outside the gang who doesn't want to join.

Who reminded us earlier that this case was the 'strangest case LE had ever seen'?? Maybe we need to start thinking outside the box, outside the norm....maybe that will lead us to who could have done this!??!?

Yes I have heard of a crib. A crib is what you put infants and toddlers in while they are sleeping so that they don't roll out of bed while they are sleeping. A crib is not a babysitter.
While it was NOT meant to in any way take us off topic on Brittanee's case, I utterly disagree that locking your 1 and 4 year old children in a dog kennel, outside in 80 degree temps while you clean inside, is in any way akin to putting a child down for his nap in his own bed. If a child isn't sleeping or attempting to sleep, he shouldn't be in the crib. Cribs are for sleeping. Baby gates are for temporarily confining children....so that you can continue to keep an eye on them while you clean. Or you can clean while they are sleeping.
I'm a Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused and neglected foster children in the state of SC. There is NEVER a time where locking your children outside in a cage without adult supervision is acceptable parenting.
As for the differences between a cage and a crib, I wasn't recommending either as a child restraint. What I WAS suggesting is that ANY time you confine a child you MUST be able to hear and/or see that child...because there's no way to determine if the child is injured if you can't see or hear him. Further, a crib or cage left outside in the hot sun, in 80 degree temps, without adult supervision would absolutely be neglect and could lead to dehydration, fainting, black outs, and even death. Technically, infant car seats are incredibly safe.....but placed in the hot sun, without adult supervision, they become deadly.
Sorry everyone for the O/T post. No excuses for my comments....it's my job and my life's work to protect children from abuse and neglect. Just couldn't sit back and ignore second degree child endangerment. IMHO.

Back to Brittanee

I've noticed that there are several stories that keep popping up about various officials and leaders within the Georgetown community that have been accused or charged with crimes. I've also noticed a decent amount of unsolved murders and assualts. Someone mentioned earlier that the POI's may be family member/s of 'respected community leaders' in Georgetown....and that that may be why we still don't know who the POI's are.
The WS forensic astrologers also said something about the perps being affluent members of the community, IIRC. (if you believe in that).

As for gangs...there was the one killing of Brad Anderson in Georgetown several years back....by one member of a gang. But I've always thought Gang initiations typically are 'beat ins' and 'sex ins,' not abduction, rape, murder of someone outside the gang who doesn't want to join.

Who reminded us earlier that this case was the 'strangest case LE had ever seen'?? Maybe we need to start thinking outside the box, outside the norm....maybe that will lead us to who could have done this!??!?

Great post. Last night when I read the article you posted I wondered if something like that could have been what LE meant by "different than most cases". JMO Trying to think outside the box. However , I would hate to think that Britt was held against her will for months in a dungeon. It's a scarry thought but, then again at this point all thoughts are scarry.

You're right...there just isn't a good scenario. Someone was talking about the possibility of sex trafficking....as a positive when compared with murder. When sex trafficking is something you hope and pray for, there just isn't much hope at all, IMHO.

The one 'decent' thing if these were kids/teens.....they would have had to be back home by Sunday night...back at school on Monday. They also likely live/lived with their parents....so, their opportunity for things like dungeons would be fairly limited.

(snipped- original quote from Krista)

I work in an area with very heavy gang activity and rivalries... I would say, in the past, their issues were with each other rather than outsiders but I couldn't say as an initiation rite they wouldn't do something like this...However, I don't think they would just pick someone up from Ocean Blvd in MB...Too visible...For the most part, I would say most of their activity is done where they live and as a frequent visitor to MB, I've not really noticed a major gang presence (you usually get a pretty good sense of this working in inner city schools). If it was gang related, I think it would have been resolved long ago. The police almost always know who the gang players are and in a case like this the word gets out pretty quickly and they would have found someone to turn on the others by now...

Could 'different than most cases' mean that LE could be investigating one of their own?
Just a thought.

wm

I live in a small town in SC. Locally a gang initiation rite was to break into a home with the residents inside and steal something. That seems to have died down since some of the perps were shot by homeowners.

The gang initiation isn't a theory I'm invested in, just throwing out an 'outside the box' idea. The North Santee crowd may have nothing to do with the crime, other than witnesses. They may have found something or saw something but didn't report at the time for fear they would get blamed and mistrust of LE.

Does anyone know if the hotels there have valet service or parking garage attendants?
It seems like the type of job young men would enjoy. Maybe someone saw something.

wm

Does anyone know if the hotels there have valet service or parking garage attendants?
It seems like the type of job young men would enjoy. Maybe someone saw something.

wm

That's a really good idea. Unfortunately, most of our beach hotels just have a do-it-yourself parking garage....where you place a sticker in your window that verifies that you are allowed to park there. They go largely unmonitored, though I can't be certain the BWR would be unmonitored. I'm guessing that, because there wasn't any other video released, nor any witness statements, that LE looked into it....but I honestly don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173