Identified! SC - Darlington Co., WhtFem 112UFSC, 19-35, Aug'00 - Michelle Haggadone

Damn, Carl. I have my fingers crossed for you and for the deceased young woman.

What are the identification possibilities for Christina Lynn Lewis? The UID has both dentals and DNA available.

IF ... this one turns out to be a match, chaddylex gets the kudos. It's her find.

I contacted LE on the UID side, and have not talked to LE in charge of Christina Lewis' case to find out what's available. According to NAMPN, Christina Lewis is in CODIS, and LE is "currently obtaining" dentals. According to NamUs, they don't have anything for CLL in terms of identifiers (DNA, Dentals, or Fingerprints).

But the online MP sites are not always dependable sources for that information.

IF ... this one turns out to be a match, chaddylex gets the kudos. It's her find.

I contacted LE on the UID side, and have not talked to LE in charge of Christina Lewis' case to find out what's available. According to NAMPN, Christina Lewis is in CODIS, and LE is "currently obtaining" dentals. According to NamUs, they don't have anything for CLL in terms of identifiers (DNA, Dentals, or Fingerprints).

But the online MP sites are not always dependable sources for that information.

Thanks Carl for the kudos, but Mr. E was the one who first mentioned Christina Lewis. I just don't think she was ever looked into, until I asked you to contact LE since Christina was listed on the Rule out list.

Let me know what you hear!! I am so anxious! I have been really busy lately so I have been slacking on here.

Thanks Carl for the kudos, but Mr. E was the one who first mentioned Christina Lewis. I just don't think she was ever looked into, until I asked you to contact LE since Christina was listed on the Rule out list.

Let me know what you hear!! I am so anxious! I have been really busy lately so I have been slacking on here.

Thanks for the correction. I should have looked back through this thread more carefully.

Carl,

Have you heard anything back from Lieutenant Hodges?

Sorry I am very impatient!!! Hopefully they can get some dentals from the LE that is in charge of Christina's case.

I am still waiting on word from the Cynthia Day case. The daughters had to resubmit DNA because they didn't get enough the first time..

Sorry I am very impatient!!! Hopefully they can get some dentals from the LE that is in charge of Christina's case.

I am still waiting on word from the Cynthia Day case. The daughters had to resubmit DNA because they didn't get enough the first time..

I have a few submissions that I've been waiting seemingly forever on (e.g., Aundria Bowman/Crystal Rae, John S. Campbell/Arkansas Red beard guy). It's a delicate balancing act between keeping them focused on the case and being a nuisance.

Carl,

Have you heard anything back from Lieutenant Hodges?

I spoke with Sgt. McLeod regarding Christina Lynn Lewis. He contacted the Craven County Sheriff's office, and they told him that they checked out Christina against this case "a couple of years ago" and had ruled her out. He didn't know what the basis was for the rule-out.

He asked them to forward him the details on their comparison so that he could put it in his case file, but they have not yet done so. He said that he would forward me the details when he gets them from Craven County LE.

I spoke with Sgt. McLeod regarding Christina Lynn Lewis. He contacted the Craven County Sheriff's office, and they told him that they checked out Christina against this case "a couple of years ago" and had ruled her out. He didn't know what the basis was for the rule-out.

He asked them to forward him the details on their comparison so that he could put it in his case file, but they have not yet done so.

I would love to know the basis was for the rule out... I thought this one looked promising....

I would love to know the basis was for the rule out... I thought this one looked promising....

It's always good to find out the basis for the rule-out because so many LE agencies rely on the JDLR (i.e., Just Doesn't Look Right) method. As I noted after you posted, Det. McLeod will forward me the details when he gets them from Craven County LE.

It's always good to find out the basis for the rule-out because so many LE agencies rely on the JDLR (i.e., Just Doesn't Look Right) method. As I noted after you posted, Det. McLeod will forward me the details when he gets them from Craven County LE.

I hope that Det McLeod receives the details and this other LE agency doesn't "sweep it under the rug" because they think it's either not important or that they already ruled her out..

Woman's death still haunts former Darlington County coroner

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/nov...l-haunts-former-darlington-county-ar-1082787/

"After the autopsy, Norton went to Newberry and brought “Jane Doe” back to Darlington County.

“I just couldn’t leave her there, so I brought her back to give her a proper burial,” he said.

The Hartsville Police Department donated a plot in Hartsville’s Magnolia Cemetery, and Norton donated a casket and vault for burial. Norton, Gainey and a small group of law enforcement officers gathered for the graveside service. Gainey, a minister, performed the service. Norton bought a marker and put a Bible verse on it."

The article mentions Cynthia Jean Young as having been ruled out. Det. McLeod did not mention her name when he gave me the rule-out list.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/young_cynthia.html

Ahh.. I do think the UID and Cynthia Young resemble eachother...

Did you ever hear back from Det McLeod about getting the info from Craven County Sheriff's office on how they came to the conclusion that Christina Lewis is not this UID?

That rest area was closed in 2001 and re-opened in 2008. Since it doesn't have facilities, I would guess Jane Doe was found by a trucker looking for some privacy in the vegetation.

"These seven non-facility rest areas will be for use by commercial motor vehicles, defined as vehicles that require commercial vehicle licensed drivers."
http://www.scdot.org/artman/publish/article_675.shtml

Ahh.. I do think the UID and Cynthia Young resemble eachother...

Did you ever hear back from Det McLeod about getting the info from Craven County Sheriff's office on how they came to the conclusion that Christina Lewis is not this UID?

No, I have not. But I should. And while I have him on the phone, I might want to bring up these two, who bear a pretty strong resemblance:

Jennifer Lancaster

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/382/7/

2091684550045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2839489130045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

* Although her hair is listed as Blonde, it could pass for Medium Brown
* She has a Prominent Jawline, and appears to have an overbite.
* The timeframe is a little long, but not excessively so - DLC is May 2000, and the body was found in Aug 2000 with an estimated PM interval of about a month.
* Her listed height (5'5") is high by two inches, but probably not outside a reasonable margin for error.

Suzanne Gloria Lyall
lyall_suzanne.jpg
2839489130045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lyall_suzanne.html

* She has a very strong chin and jawline, just as does Jane Doe.
* Her height is spot-on.
However,
* The timeframe is long - For this to be plausible, she would have had to to been either held captive or a voluntary drifter for two years.
* Her weight is a little high, although she could have lost weight during the two year interim.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_christina.html ?

ETA: I just looked back through this thread and see Christina was already brought up but presumably ruled out based on DNA.

Carl, have you heard back on the reason she was ruled out? Was it actually DNA or dentals? I saw her picture and thought whoa, that looks like her! Then I saw she went missing from SC, where JD was found and it just seemed like a match.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_christina.html ?

ETA: I just looked back through this thread and see Christina was already brought up but presumably ruled out based on DNA.

Carl, have you heard back on the reason she was ruled out? Was it actually DNA or dentals? I saw her picture and thought whoa, that looks like her! Then I saw she went missing from SC, where JD was found and it just seemed like a match.

No, I have not heard back from them.

I know based on their reaction when I called it in that Darlington County Sheriffs also thought it looked like a good match. But AFAIK, they have not heard back from LE in charge of Christina's Missing Person case. They were the ones who declared the no-match.

I just got a FB/Tweet about this. Will post the article as soon as I can.

WBTW News13
An unidentified body found in a rest area in Darlington County 11 yrs ago now identified. More details to be posted on scnow.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johlar12
Back