SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a video of driving on River Oaks, it's further up but I took it just in case people here wanted to see what the landscape looks like, would anyone be interested?

Do I have to upload it elsewhere and post it here or can I upload video here?

Sorry, I'm no help there.

I think maybe you would have to upload it to YouTube first, but I could be wrong.

AshleyZ86,

Is your video on a smartphone? There are a couple of options I am aware of (other WSers, please chime in if you know of easier ways to make this work!).

If the video is on your camera roll (of your device), the easiest way is to share it using the Tapatalk app, which is free. Once you create an account, and add Websleuths forum, search for Heather's thread (I subscribe to it), then you click on the "reply" button, and there is a camera icon that will allow you to pull the video right off your phone.

The other option, which I use quite often, is to create a photobucket account at http://photobucket.com. After the account is created, I make sure to go to the Account Settings page, and set my albums to private. I personally don't like to use youtube, because it's much harder to control the privacy settings, and it's linked to google+, etc.

Within your "User Settings" tab, click on "Mobile" and you will find an email address that will allow you to send the video directly to your photobucket. There is a limit of 500MB or 10minutes (per video) on their free accounts.

If your video is available for upload via computer, click on the "Upload" button, and click on the file where the video is located. There is a drag & drop feature (but it doesn't work for my on my chromebook).

FYI, when posting photos onto the threads, the IMG codes are the ones that allow the pictures to be visible directly in your posts.

I hope this helps!

:)

Idk of this will work

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388260548345.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388260548345.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 109
It doesn't have a camera icon and unfortunately I think that only came through as an image.

Yes I'm growing increasingly concerned about not only the safety of all of us locals but also the LE who have not served justice for these cases. I feel like they need to swallow their pride and realize it's over their heads.. This problem won't go away and make it a point to get someone involved in Heathers case now who has the skill, knowledge, And previous success rate to solve this and find her before someone else around the corner her loses a child.

Like that old saying.. "In America we lose our keys and our sunglasses but HOW do we lose our children"
In defense of LE there is so much ground to cover here, there are massive wooded areas, the Intracoastal Waterway, Waccamaw River and the Atlantic Ocean. Not to mention Hwy 17 South to Charleston, Hwy 17 North to Wilmington, NC, Hwy 501 W, Hwy 31 and 22 (both completely wooded) along with all the back roads in between. If her own family and friends don't know where she is LE is dealing with a blank canvas, they definitely need to bring in SLED, FBI, etc and her friends need to be assisting LE as to what roads she normally traveled, who she'd met recently, who she's dated, odd customers, if she kept her doors locked, what stores she frequented late at night, if any. I'm wondering if people close to her are coming forward. There is so little known to the public that it's frightening.

It doesn't have a camera icon and unfortunately I think that only came through as an image.

I'm going to send you a PM - I have an idea

I definitely think a helicopter is searching, I'm near Coastal Grand now and heard another one go by.

Please take a look at this GoogleEarth map, and post by Farmhand:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10068285&postcount=314

I am trying to figure out if all of the Points of Interest are "known" and exactly how to label them on the new map.

Also, Farmhand has been working on his GoogleEarth map, but I don't have access to the URL to be able to add points to it (which I've been able to do with the GoogleMap - that's why I'm using it now).

Farmhand has done quite a bit of work already, but I just want to be sure to remain in compliance with TOS. It would be great if we could integrate all of the known data into one place, but we've gotta start somewhere.

We will take this as it comes. This all started after running across Margarita25's post, so this is a #WSTeamEffort, all the way!

#FindHeatherElvis
I'm wishing we had a link, too. :)

I'm worried, too, about what would be in compliance with the TOS. Everything at your link seems safe to me, but I could be very wrong.

For a quick reference, I like to see--for example only--"Peachtree Landing; location of Heather's vehicle," or something like that, would be nice.

But it's great the way it is. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this.

Too and from her parents house and also peachtree landing, She could have either taken the route shown on your gmaps link (through forest brook rd) or through socastee blvd. (shown below)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1262033/alt route.png

{Image changed to link--respectfully--by me}

Sure--I'm not at all familar with area. I agree she could have taken either route.

I didn't mean my maps to be 'official,' just as intending to point out a couple of locations that I thought might be helpful.

I can only do them with Google putting in the routes for me--although I realize there is alternate routes that can be adjusted. I don't know how to get Google to just add the pins--so, I apologize for any confusion this caused.

Your maps are great but they blow my margins all to heck. :)

I'm worried, too, about what would be in compliance with the TOS. Everything at your link seems safe to me, but I could be very wrong.

For a quick reference, I like to see--for example only--"Peachtree Landing; location of Heather's vehicle," or something like that, would be nice.

But it's great the way it is. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this.

Sure--I'm not at all familar with area. I agree she could have taken either route.

I didn't mean my maps to be 'official,' just as intending to point out a couple of locations that I thought might be helpful.

I can only do them with Google putting in the routes for me--although I realize there is alternate routes that can be adjusted. I don't know how to get Google to just add the pins--so, I apologize for any confusion this caused.

hehe I'm not looking to out map ya. also not trying to say that she would have taken socastee blvd. as opposed to forest brook rd. just showing an equally convenient alternative 1 min difference. Its just as likely she could have taken forest brook or socastee blvd. Honestly it depends on the time of day and traffic. just trying to show contrast in possibilities. helps if its visual.

also weren't there shenanigans going around the same time on socastee blvd. one fatality and 2 perps on the loose ??

Thats funny, your like right by my house lol

Please remember the perp could be on this thread !
Be careful what you say or do!

If I recall correctly Dennis Rader the BTK killer actually enjoyed participating in online forums that discussed his crimes.

Foxfire could explain this better than I.

Air Force captain Robby Williams stationed at Shaw AFB "...who was last seen Dec. 18 in the Columbia area..."

"...Williams did not report to work on Dec. 23 at Shaw Air Force Base and is believed to be driving his 2013 Black Jeep Wrangler with SC license plate ITC701, according to a media release..."

"...He resides in the greater Columbia metro-area, the release states..."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24316944/shaw-air-force-base-officials-search-for-missing-member

I just saw three carrion type birds near the woods on River Oaks. Horry country trucks are putting something type of traffic sign up near the railroad tracks on River Oaks right now. It will be interesting to see if its related to this case

hehe I'm not looking to out map ya. also not trying to say that she would have taken socastee blvd. as opposed to forest brook rd. just showing an equally convenient alternative 1 min difference. Its just as likely she could have taken forest brook or socastee blvd. Honestly it depends on the time of day and traffic. just trying to show contrast in possibilities. helps if its visual.

also weren't there shenanigans going around the same time on socastee blvd. one fatality and 2 perps on the loose ??

Respectfully BBM for emphasis...

I had to resize my previous maps to 640x240 at the recommendation of another WSer, as what looked OK on my chromebook screen played havoc on his margins. :banghead:

Unfortunately, at that resolution, the Interest Points were too small (for me) to read. I am hoping that the text labels will help allay this issue. Everyone will be using different devices to access the maps for a visual, and we are all trying to work towards a common goal.

I am hoping the Mods will chime in with a bit of direction as to what should/should not make it onto the map. I will email them directly for their input as I near completion of the map I'm working on now.

No such thing as outmapping, all efforts are appreciated! :) Just trying to consolidate a visual reference for everyone, and abide by TOS.

#FindHeatherElvis

I just saw three carrion type birds near the woods on River Oaks. Horry country trucks are putting something type of traffic sign up near the railroad tracks on River Oaks right now. It will be interesting to see if its related to this case

Do you see any caution tape anywhere??? :please:

Are you still in that area Ashley?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I'm growing increasingly concerned about not only the safety of all of us locals but also the LE who have not served justice for these cases. I feel like they need to swallow their pride and realize it's over their heads.. This problem won't go away and make it a point to get someone involved in Heathers case now who has the skill, knowledge, And previous success rate to solve this and find her before someone else around the corner her loses a child.

Like that old saying.. "In America we lose our keys and our sunglasses but HOW do we lose our children"

My thoughts exactly... as I said before, I have no faith in the local LE. Everybody assumes "I'm sure LE did this or that before anything else", as I sit here thinking yeah right, they don't know how LE works around here. Common sense would make you think they would have taken certain crucial steps, but I don't think that's the case here or as with any of the other local missing cases. Just my opinion

Heather is my niece. She did indeed call from the condo. The lady who reported Heather's car at PTL was mistaken about the day.

Thank you for all the brainstorming, time and effort everyone has put into this case. I've read every single post and am most appreciative. We are heartbroken and pray for Heather's safe return.

Ladyhawkke, my prayers are with you, your family and Heather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member