SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were A LOT of people searching yesterday. Horseback riders, ATVs, LE, Firefighters and CUE coordinated searchers. A LOT...

They should have had more searching near her condo though. After all, that's the last place she was known to be.

LE seems way too focused on Peachtree Landing. I keep thinking of the Jessica Ridgeway case where her backpack was deliberately planted several mikes away to throw police off.

No idea, it's cold here in Jersey so I have gloves every time I exit my house. I hate a cold steering wheel. As far as Heather's dad wearing gloves, it's in a post here from somebody that knows the family. He could have asked le for gloves if he was questioning why they weren't taking the car for processing. Le always have those disposable rubber gloves on hand. Pure speculation, just an idea.

Here was our weather that week.

OBSERVED

Hi 57°F
Lo 34°F
Precip (in)
0in.
OBSERVED

Hi 66°F
Lo 41°F
Precip (in)
0in.
OBSERVED

Hi 54°F
Lo 34°F
Precip (in)
0in.
OBSERVED

Hi 62°F
Lo 30°F
Precip (in)
0in.
OBSERVED

Hi 75°F
Lo 46°F
Precip (in)
0in.

Odd that he would have gloves with him don't you think?
btw ,was her cellphone recovered? car keys?

Not that odd. I can't remember the temp that particular day but the weather has been schizophrenic around here lately, freezing one day and shorts the next. I keep a pair in my warmer coat.

I wish we knew if her belongings were on the passenger seat or not. If so, that suggests to me that someone had driven the car alone.

Regarding the way the car was parked, if HE did drive it there before daylight to meet someone, perhaps it was pulled in that way where most of the moonlight was shining. With trees all around the edge, it would be darker there. I just don't find it odd that the car was parked facing the water, in that I am from SC and I know that it wouldn't be unusual for someone local to an area to park like that, especially in a little used area. Part of that laid back Southern way of being...
I have 2 theories: the first that someone may have been hiding in her apartment or came to her apartment and left with her. If so, perhaps that person lives within miles of PTL and he walked away.
the second that she met someone there that she didn't want to have at her apartment. Or she met someone and left on a pontoon or boat.
Just my own thoughts though.

How long does it take to get someone entered into NamUs?

There is a post from December 21st on the FHE fb that says there was a big bonfire on Wednesday the 18th or Thursday 19th night at the Peachtree landing.

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Saaaaay whaaaaaaat?? Omg, looking for post!!
:scared:

*(facebook is considered rumor for those of you new to the forum. We can "allude" / "refer" to a post, use initials, paraphrase, etc. though, but we can not copy and paste from fb.)

Regarding the way the car was parked, if HE did drive it there before daylight to meet someone, perhaps it was pulled in that way where most of the moonlight was shining. With trees all around the edge, it would be darker there. I just don't find it odd that the car was parked facing the water, in that I am from SC and I know that it wouldn't be unusual for someone local to an area to park like that, especially in a little used area. Part of that laid back Southern way of being...
I have 2 theories: the first that someone may have been hiding in her apartment or came to her apartment and left with her. If so, perhaps that person lives within miles of PTL and he walked away.
the second that she met someone there that she didn't want to have at her apartment. Or she met someone and left on a pontoon or boat.
Just my own thoughts though.

I still keep wondering if maybe she waded in and a critter got her. I know it's a little far-fetched but she seems like the type who would enjoy some soul searching out in the water by herself. JMO

I doubt there are master keys because they are individually owned condo units. Any interior repairs would be the responsibility of the homeowner or renter.

There are always Master Keys out during construction of a large condo/apt/hotel project.

The GC always tries to collect them back in before the building is CO'ed but that rarely happens. 1 or 2 or 5 always..ALWAYS get overlooked.

Two or more is very possible. Although we kicked around some methods sometime back on how a single perp could accomplish it. One was towing the car there. Another would be to put a mountain bike in the back and ride away.

Also, a single perp could have parked their car in or near HE's apt complex, dumped her car @ the landing, and then walked back to their car.

Her twitter references going to the "inlet" on more than 1 occasion to party. Locals- where would this be that kids call the inlet?

Her twitter references going to the "inlet" on more than 1 occasion to party. Locals- where would this be that kids call the inlet?

Murrells Inlet, it's divided by Georgetown County and Horry County. it's only about 20 minutes from Peachtree Landing. It's a historic old fishing village that's been converted to lots of restaurants and bars over the years. Is there mention of the Hot Fish Club? That's a popular hangout.

Someone else on FHE says that she left her car parked and went elsewhere a lot... and that she sometimes likes to be left alone.
all rumor, of course.

Re: the 5 PD vehicles near tln 's home a little while ago, I'm wondering if they got a "possible tip" to check that building, or maybe LE, upon investigating possible locations of abandoned buildings in the area, decided to search and clear it just in case.

Whatever the case, I'm glad to hear of the police presence in the area.

Yikes...copperhead?

I remember from BD's search on "Disappeared", all the dangerous critters...

There are also water-moccasins and rattlesnakes in SC, and the alligators that are seen occasionally. Lots of water-moccasins in and on the rivers. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed