SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c003.php

Definition of murder in SC:
"Murder is the killing of a person, with malice aforethought, either express or implied".

So...what would be "implied" malice aforethought? Apparently this term is included in all murder charges, so it does not really tell us they have explicit proof of premeditation, but could have "implied" evidence of such. I asked this before; would luring someone out of their home be enough? Or doing so while carrying weapons? Or do they even break it down at all, since murder charges in this state all include this wording?

In other words, in SC, it appears that "malice aforethought" accompanies all charges of murder. Or that is how I am reading it.

JMO

Both were arrested for murder. Both participated according to the evidence LE has obtained or only one would have been charged. I blame Sidney more than Tammy. He brought that poor girl into this mess of a family. If he really loved her which I highly doubt or he wouldn't have killed her nor got involved with her knowing his crazy wife and he's also a crazy killer. He should have left HE alone, ignored her, not call or text her in order to keep her safe to let her carry on with her young life instead he and his wife stole her life by murdering her. He is a narcissist and very selfish only thinking of himself. Guys like him make me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IA to a point in what you say here, but having known and talked to serial cheaters, they don't think of the consequences when they enter into a adulterous affair. They don't care about their wives, they don't care about the girlfriend, they only care about satisfying their carnal desires. And even if Tammy had been Xaviera Hollander (I know I'm showing my age) if Sid wanted to cheat, he would have cheated no matter what. I'm not real sure we can blame Tammy for Sid cheating. Granted she's psycho, but still, it was Sidney's moral compass that is all wacky.

He knew how Tammy was, and he didn't care, the risk for him to sleep with Heather was greater than any thought he had of what Tammy would do if she found out. IME

A person who unintentionally causes the death of another person also may be charged with murder under the depraved-heart theory. Depraved-heart murder refers to a killing that results from gross negligence. <snip>

Under the felony murder doctrine, a person who attempts or commits a specified felony may be held responsible for a death caused by an accomplice in the commission of the felony; an attempt to commit the felony; or flight from the felony or attempted felony. For example, if two persons rob a bank and during the Robbery one of them shoots and kills a security guard, the perpetrator who did not pull the trigger nevertheless may be charged with murder.

The felonies that most commonly give rise to a felony murder charge are murder, rape, robbery, Burglary, Kidnapping, and Arson. Many states add to this list.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/murder

You know, I THOUGHT about trying to check profiles on those swinger sites, AFF, etc, because it's such a huge social 'circle' in MB, but then figured I'd probably have to register to thoroughly vet out who may or may not be them and decided against it, so bravo to you! But at least wanted you to know you aren't the only one who 'went there'. Good luck - do tell if you find anything - and try not to find anything a shot in the butt is required to get rid of! (just kidding! I know you're only sleuthing!!!) :blushing:

BBM Paging Nurse Beeme, stat! Snoods needs a shot in the butt from overzealous sleuthing!:floorlaugh:

Hahah! I hope you don't share a computer with anyone!

That reminds me I should probably clear my history before the boyfriend uses my computer and sees some strange auto-completes... I also joined Fetlife for the SM thread and now I'm worried google/facebook will start tailoring my ads to tell me where I can finally meet fellow "Disney fetish role-play culinary swingers theme park public sex" enthusiasts. :takeoff:

(none of the above is a rumor or implication, just starting points inspired by everyone's successful sleuthing downstairs!)

Oh yeah, and while we're discussing clandestine communication.. General Patraeus and his mistress used the drafts folder of a gmail inbox. Never actually sent a message out. Still, if the director of the CIA can't get away with his affair I doubt Sidney was ever going to. I'm very grateful for the paper trail he left behind.

BBM :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: On my death bed and with my last gasping breath before I die I will say "Clear...my....history...."

I'm putting my faith with the prosecuton of these two in Heather's murder. They have them. Good job. jmo Shout out: You can't find her if you don't look. also jmo

If mom thinks he's being mistreated and wrongly accused, I really need to see his childhood records now. I know, during the trial...

Was Karen B., Zach's 4th grade teacher? tia

In a posting on the social media site from Feb. 20, Tammy Moorer also wrote that her husband had cooperated with Horry County police during their investigation and they had previously allowed police to inspect their home before Friday&#8217;s search warrants were served. In that posting, she said that police served three warrants for the couple&#8217;s telephones, video surveillance and one of their vehicles at the couple&#8217;s home and Tammy Moorer&#8217;s parents&#8217; home.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/24/4052596/couple-to-face-murder-charges.html#storylink=cpy

I want to start out by saying that I'm not new to forums, but researching the Heather Elvis case has brought me to this forum. So to this particular forum, I'm new. I commend the most of you for what you do here. You have valuable insight and resources that shouldn't be shrugged off.

The reason that draws me to this forum is that I'm a local of Horry County, and in particular, Myrtle Beach. My significant other and I have lived here for years, and consider this 'home'. The disappearance of Heather Elvis has not only peaked our interest, since it is local, but has affected our lives.

I work in the service industry here in Myrtle Beach, and have met SM on numerous occasions. I think that's what haunts me the most.

We have visited the 'tip tents' that they have set up to obtain the latest flyers, and donated to the efforts of the Elvis's. My SO and I both have flyers taped to the back of our vehicles, to try and obtain maximum exposure for Heather.

Being from this community, even though I never personally knew Heather, I feel somewhat compelled to bring her home. Even though she isn't, this could have easily been my sister, my cousin, my aunt, my mother, my friend. Regardless, she is my neighbor.

I have been on both sides of the law when it comes to the Horry County Police Department. I have seen them make a case from absolutely nothing, and I've seen them blow a case off with all the evidence they needed.

However, this case, this far, has renewed my faith in the HCPD. Even though we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, I believe they are in total control. Regardless of if Heather is found, I believe those responsible will pay. If HCPD didn't have the evidence to charge those responsible with murder, they wouldn't have. Previous cases can prove that. There is a lot of negative going on in Horry County right now. I honestly don't believe they would risk being the 'laughing stock' of the state, or nation for that matter.

And please don't take that the wrong way. I want nothing more than Heather to be found. She lived less than a mile from me. The main area that they focused on for their search was basically 'next door' to me. Heather was, and is, my neighbor. Even though I didn't personally know her, this case haunts me. But I honestly believe the HCPD, and a jury of the Moorer's Peers, will hold those responsible, whether or not she is found.

In a perfect world, Heather would still be here. In a next to perfect world, Heather will be found and those responsible will be held accountable.

We all know this world isn't perfect.

Let's just hope we can get close.

For Heather's sake.

-Restless in Horry County.

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

:Welcome1: jlattimore86

Thank you. :)

I may also want to add that while I am new to this particular forum, I have been 'lurking' for a few weeks now. I think I've got a good feel for the members as well as the rules, as well as everyones interest in this case, thus the reason for my compelling need to join this forum.

At first I wasn't certain (even though I'm an avid reader) if I wanted to join this community, but after some coaxing from my SO and my attraction to this case, made it a basic no-brainer.

I commend everyone here for the personal time and effort that is put into these cases.

Let it be known : (I feel like) those responsible for the disappearance of HE are being held accountable.

Therefore my ultimate goal and wish is to bring her home. This case has taken a piece of me. I will openly admit I'm obsessed with this case. I don't think I'll ever be the same. And I know it won't even come close unless we can bring her home. Let's lay her to rest. Peacefully.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

:welcome: jlattimore86
Touched by your local spirit

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

I honestly wish we could meet under different circumstances.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

I want to start out by saying that I'm not new to forums, but researching the Heather Elvis case has brought me to this forum. So to this particular forum, I'm new. I commend the most of you for what you do here. You have valuable insight and resources that shouldn't be shrugged off.

The reason that draws me to this forum is that I'm a local of Horry County, and in particular, Myrtle Beach. My significant other and I have lived here for years, and consider this 'home'. The disappearance of Heather Elvis has not only peaked our interest, since it is local, but has affected our lives.

I work in the service industry here in Myrtle Beach, and have met SM on numerous occasions. I think that's what haunts me the most.

We have visited the 'tip tents' that they have set up to obtain the latest flyers, and donated to the efforts of the Elvis's. My SO and I both have flyers taped to the back of our vehicles, to try and obtain maximum exposure for Heather.

Being from this community, even though I never personally knew Heather, I feel somewhat compelled to bring her home. Even though she isn't, this could have easily been my sister, my cousin, my aunt, my mother, my friend. Regardless, she is my neighbor.

I have been on both sides of the law when it comes to the Horry County Police Department. I have seen them make a case from absolutely nothing, and I've seen them blow a case off with all the evidence they needed.

However, this case, this far, has renewed my faith in the HCPD. Even though we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, I believe they are in total control. Regardless of if Heather is found, I believe those responsible will pay. If HCPD didn't have the evidence to charge those responsible with murder, they wouldn't have. Previous cases can prove that. There is a lot of negative going on in Horry County right now. I honestly don't believe they would risk being the 'laughing stock' of the state, or nation for that matter.

And please don't take that the wrong way. I want nothing more than Heather to be found. She lived less than a mile from me. The main area that they focused on for their search was basically 'next door' to me. Heather was, and is, my neighbor. Even though I didn't personally know her, this case haunts me. But I honestly believe the HCPD, and a jury of the Moorer's Peers, will hold those responsible, whether or not she is found.

In a perfect world, Heather would still be here. In a next to perfect world, Heather will be found and those responsible will be held accountable.

We all know this world isn't perfect.

Let's just hope we can get close.

For Heather's sake.

-Restless in Horry County.

-JL

Oops. Sent before I had typed anything. Insomnia fingers.

I wanted to ask what your impression of SM was when you met him. I think many of us are beyond curious about his personality. Thanks!

Caison Name Meaning. You are cheerful and friendly, but are apt to have an emotional life. You like to have several lines of effort going at once. You are a good talker and promoter and seldom worry over anything. At times, you can be impatient, and impulsive.
sevenreflections.com/name/Caison/

Both were arrested for murder. Both participated according to the evidence LE has obtained or only one would have been charged. I blame Sidney more than Tammy. He brought that poor girl into this mess of a family. If he really loved her which I highly doubt or he wouldn't have killed her nor got involved with her knowing his crazy wife and he's also a crazy killer. He should have left HE alone, ignored her, not call or text her in order to keep her safe to let her carry on with her young life instead he and his wife stole her life by murdering her. He is a narcissist and very selfish only thinking of himself. Guys like him make me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would disagree that SM is a narcissist. SM shared a FB with TM, had a tattoo with her name on his stomach,allowed her to control the money,remained silent while she ranted on a daily basis about how awesome she is,how rich she is,ect,ect. TM once said that SM wears a choke collar and he's fine with it. A narcissist has to be the center of attention. They have to control everything and everyone. Having an affair doesn't make one a narcissist. SM is a total wimp. JMO The first bond hearing is also a great example of TM being a narcissist. She tells the judge that she lost her job "over this" and then she mentions her children. Her loss was put first because everything is about her,always,it has to be. Her own children didn't even top her list. SM remind silent as always.

Oops. Sent before I had typed anything. Insomnia fingers.

I wanted to ask what your impression of SM was when you met him. I think many of us are beyond curious about his personality. Thanks!

In all honesty, my first impression of him was very good. He had what seemed to be a very good personality. I was a new employee to this particular 'contract' that he had, and he introduced himself and shook my hand. A nice, firm, eye to eye, hand shake. He was very approachable and easy to talk to. He always seemed to be In a good mood, part of what made him easily aproachable.

During the times he was at my place of employment, he always seemed focused, and willing to not only get the job done, but get it done correctly and to our 'standards', if not beyond.

I particularly remember a time when he was called to do a specific job, but when he showed up we pointed out a few other things that could use some fixing/adjusting. He had absolutely no problem with this, even though it would take extra time and parts. The job he did was very well. The company I worked for called him regularly. He was our 'go to' guy for minor repairs.

In a honesty, I never pictured him in an situation like this. He was friendly with everyone. He seemed very 'friendly' with my 'boss', (who was a female), but I honestly don't know if that was because she could be considered attractive or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called again to do work. I find myself questioning that a lot here recently.

I didn't at all get the 'creep' or 'perv' vibes from him. Like I said, he was very nice, talkative, and approachable. When I saw him communicating with females, it was never out of line. He was always respectful.

All the times I've met him and the time spend with him at my place of employment, he never sent off any alarm bells or red flags that I picked up on.

I'm pretty sure that if not for this current situation, he would still be our 'go to' guy for repairs.

Disclaimer : Even though I have personally met SM, I do not know him on a 'firendship' level. I have met him 5 or 6 times, each time for approx. 30-45 minutes. I am in no way vouching for or protesting SMs innocence. I personally, just like in the eyes of the judicial system in SC, view him just as guilty as anyone else if he knew about, but did not prevent, a murder. Just stating my personal take on the times I have met him.

In all honesty, my first impression of him was very good. He had what seemed to be a very good personality. I was a new employee to this particular 'contract' that he had, and he introduced himself and shook my hand. A nice, firm, eye to eye, hand shake. He was very approachable and easy to talk to. He always seemed to be In a good mood, part of what made him easily aproachable.

During the times he was at my place of employment, he always seemed focused, and willing to not only get the job done, but get it done correctly and to our 'standards', if not beyond.

I particularly remember a time when he was called to do a specific job, but when he showed up we pointed out a few other things that could use some fixing/adjusting. He had absolutely no problem with this, even though it would take extra time and parts. The job he did was very well. The company I worked for called him regularly. He was our 'go to' guy for minor repairs.

In a honesty, I never pictured him in an situation like this. He was friendly with everyone. He seemed very 'friendly' with my 'boss', (who was a female), but I honestly don't know if that was because she could be considered attractive or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called again to do work. I find myself questioning that a lot here recently.

I didn't at all get the 'creep' or 'perv' vibes from him. Like I said, he was very nice, talkative, and approachable. When I saw him communicating with females, it was never out of line. He was always respectful.

All the times I've met him and the time spend with him at my place of employment, he never sent off any alarm bells or red flags that I picked up on.

I'm pretty sure that if not for this current situation, he would still be our 'go to' guy for repairs.

Disclaimer : Even though I have personally met SM, I do not know him on a 'firendship' level. I have met him 5 or 6 times, each time for approx. 30-45 minutes. I am in no way vouching for or protesting SMs innocence. I personally, just like in the eyes of the judicial system in SC, view him just as guilty as anyone else if he knew about, but did not prevent, a murder. Just stating my personal take on the times I have met him.

I find it easy to believe that within the workplace he was able likable person. I believe that is no insight to his personal life. I believe anything the outside world saw is just a facade. As much so as all of TM dead trees and over landscaped front yard. JMO

My take on the SM/TM a Dynamic is that SM behaves one way (more outgoing, friendly, etc) outside of TM's presence and another way (more subdued, passive etc) when he is in her company. I tend to believe that his personality outside TM's presence is more likely his natural personality.
I believe TM puts on a face for the world that is superficial and all about what she wishes she were and a very different face behind closed doors or when she thinks no one is watching. I believe that the divide is large between who she is and who she wants to be.
SM could be free of her and possibly be a decent human being. (Outside of his murder charges of course. This is more a commentary on if he would've left before anything bad went down) TM cannot escape herself.
I know a couple like this. Except the husband is the narcissist and the wife is compliant. When I first met them I was immediately put off by the husband and thought my big toe contained more personality than the wife. After some time I observed the wife outside the presence of her husband and she was delightful, funny, and very engaging.
I think when a spouse is under the thumb of another there is no facade for the compliant spouse. There is only survival. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018