SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Hoppy, I LOVE the picture of the guy in line holding his Heather T-shirt where you could see it ... One of my faves!! :)

I wonder if he was handcuffed to the bed the morning they were arrested?

And if he was handcuffed to the bed when they were arrested, then leaving 3 guns out in the bedroom, well, I doubt if he could easily get his hands on those guns.....so then she would be in control of the firearms, as well, as being in control of a handcuffed husband of hers.
IMOO.

CGS! I wanted to reply to your post on the previous page.....
I agree with you.....I really can't grasp why particular people were allowed in court today. That made me very sad.

I want to take a minute to say what a great job the HCPD has done the past few months and obviously this is the tip of the iceberg. I just hope that SM grows a pair and continues talking to his lawyer. Maybe..maybe the truth will come out.

Hoppy, thank you for your notes ...were the pics you posted taken by you? Great job babee!

Due to the extremely short time frame at PTL, everyone is trying to think of how the murder could have gone down. It seems more likely that she was abducted from there, but the report say she was killed there.

I know this has been theorized before, but maybe Heather got into SM's truck, and TM was hiding behind the seat and strangled her.
This might have happened as the truck was either moving or not moving. That would make it difficult to determine where the murder took place.

“If they were going to flee, they would have fled. If they were going to harm somebody, they would have harmed somebody,” Truslow said during the hearing. As for fearing the community, Truslow said Sidney Moorer “will take his chances.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/17/3331920/judge-denies-moorers-bond-on-murder.html#storylink=cpy

Well let's see...they murdered Heather and then went to Disney....harm and then running off. They would run for good...no doubt.

If nothing else, this should provide proof to everyone that detectives and police departments simply do not release details of their investigations until or unless they need to (like in a court hearing). No matter how much spectators and the public at large throws tantrums, this is just how it is. LE preserves their cases or at least attempts to, so cases can be eventually tried. Agree or disagree with those methods, that's the way it is. When LE needs something specific, they ask. Some jurisdictions will make a few comments and other jurisdictions will stay completely closed-mouth.

Were any shots heard at or near PTL that early morning? Did the M's have a silencer for their gun? If the answer is "no" and "no," then I'm not sure how likely it was for HE to be shot at PTL.

While it may seem so, 3 or 4 minutes to either disable/kill someone or, alternatively, get them in a vehicle when each party knows each other, is not all that fast.

Obviously they were able to do it because they did just that. A million theories could be proposed as to how it exactly went down, but we'll never know until trial where additional info will come out that will hopefully fill in the holes or if one of them confesses and spills the details.
Me being devil's advocate for you:
If a gun is fired and no one hears it or recognizes it as a shot, does that mean it was not fired? If a person doesn't have a silencer, does that mean firing though foam doesn't dampen the sound of a gun being fired? (BTW, I can guarantee you from personal experience there are dozens of ways to make a gunshot barely heard without a silencer-IMO of course) This is not to say this is my theory. Just that answering no to both of your questions doesn't make it less likely than several other theories.

If nothing else, this should provide proof to everyone that detectives and police departments simply do not release details of their investigations until or unless they need to (like in a court hearing). No matter how much spectators and the public at large throws tantrums, this is just how it is. LE preserves their cases or at least attempts to, so cases can be eventually tried. Agree or disagree with those methods, that's the way it is. When LE needs something specific, they ask.

You are so so right and I think we have a great system here and the HCPD are great men and women. I commend them for their silence. I think that we will be even more shocked as time progresses. The greatest thing would be them getting one of them to put it all out there or if they have to on their own find Heather.
I will sleep well knowing these are the people who protect this community and my family.

Sorry I don't have the updated timeline ready yet. Too much to absorb today, too much to process, just too much, too much, too much.

And Hubby's due home any minute.

Hope to have something ready later this evening. :seeya:
Like dinner?:floorlaugh: JK.

I wonder if he was handcuffed to the bed the morning they were arrested?

Two thoughts running through my very tired mind...
One is that perhaps when LE entered the M bedroom to arrest them, SM was cuffed. And that may have been what they "learned" that day.

Second, um...so the others in the home saw him cuffed to the bed?

Evil. Evil. Evil. :banghead:

Every time I learn something new, I think it can't get crazier. Him being handcuffed to the bed... Wow. Why not just kick him out?

Because she can't control him if he's not there. JMO

A few random observations and thoughts (JMO). Will be vague in hopes of violating any rules.

In reference to the phone records on the day of the disappearance:

a) It can be argued that SM was not in possession of his cellphone. There is apparently evidence that he initially called HE from a payphone. HE tried calling SM at the payphone without success. Eventually she called his cellphone and there was a 3-4 minute conversation, but can it be proven that SM was the one using his phone? SM initially denied talking to HE at that time, but later said he was just telling her to leave him alone. What if he was lying in an attempt to cover for SM? What if the conversation was between HE and TM and she threatened to harm SM if HE didn't cooperate with what she wanted (just like in the 11/1 text)? HE leaves for PTL and TM also leaves for PTL. HE arrives first and tries to call SM. TM arrives and either runs HE down, shoots her or uses a stun gun on her to disable her. TM tosses HE in the back of the truck, uses HE's phone to try to call SM then disables it and heads home. SM is at home handcuffed to the bed and TM gets him so he can clean up the mess she has made.

b) TM's attorney claimed someone else was using her phone to send the texts to HE. I am intentionally not quoting the specifics of the text sent on 11/5, However, the wording of the text could open the door for the defense to claim that someone else had access to her phone.

I certainly hope both TM and SM pay for what they have done, but it seems that these types of details are a good reason not to push for the DP. If I were a juror they are the sort of things I would bring up. The best case scenario is for HE to be found or SM to crack under the pressure and confess. I don't think TM will ever confess and it seems the evidence against her is more likely to bring a conviction.

i know i'm a little behind as far as this was on the last thread. in talking about SM saying how TM handcuffed him to the bed...i take that with a grain of salt. in looking at what we know of their relationship so far we already know she is the dominant one and he the submissive one. i have known couples in the BDSM style that would handcuff their mate to the bed...with consent. for all we know it could have been like that but he's using it to his advantage to "show" i only did whatever she told me. the ole' devil made me do it deal.

I wonder if the handcuffs were fuzzy.

hubby said if it was a .22 or some smaller caliber it very we'll might not have left a mess to be cleaned up. (and we know how well they clean...)

ETA, another thought.. a .22 could easily not be heard, but they wouldn't know that, thus the leaving in a hurry. my boys shoot all.the.damn.time and I'm always shocked at how quiet a .22 is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What evidence do they have from PTL if it was a clean, quick murder?

Two thoughts running through my very tired mind...
One is that perhaps when LE entered the M bedroom to arrest them, SM was cuffed. And that may have been what they "learned" that day.

Second, um...so the others in the home saw him cuffed to the bed?

Evil. Evil. Evil. :banghead:

I think he was cuffed to keep him from seeing Heather....not after the 12/18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member