SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed NG said she texted her dad a photo of her driving a stick shift. I am quoting best I can. Have re-watched over and over. Please delete my post if this is not allowed.

NG "She went out to dinner to a local restaurant. She calls her dad at 2:30. She even texts, text him I think a photo of her driving a stick shift saying look, hey I am finally driving a stick shift. She gets home to the apartment she's sharing there where she works , near the HOB restaurant. And she had been on a date with a new guy. He is NOT a suspect, he is totally cooperating. She comes home from the date, she calls her friends. Talking about how much fun she had on the date, talking about her new boyfriend. Boom that's it Rita!"
the jealous/possessive ex? I don't know if he is jealous or possessive..just saying

where would that 'hang out be?' and how would a cop know her car????

I think he meant 10 miles from her apartment at PTL (a place she used to hang out). The interview her father did earlier he said she has been known to go to the water (PTL), but not that late at night, and that the 'area', meaning PTL was known to the entire family. It's close by where they live, so I take it they have all been there before and NG show said it was found at a place she used to 'hang out', meaning the landing.

ok a lady is saying that her son saw a young lady mouth 'help me' at a well to do gated community 10 miles from PTL (FHEFB) and her car was 10 miles from where HE hung out.................(NG)......????????

she also said it was 3 days before HE was reported missing..HE's father stated he saw her during that time period..

Not necessarily true....WI-FI can determine location, and the cell tower ping can determine rough location if its an Android application.

Not sure about Apple, but I can't see it being different.

Most people don't realize they are automatically opted in to the service.

Hopefully, HE didn't realize it either.

Very right on that. During an investigation like this LE can produce a warrant to the ISP or cellular service provider to retrieve metadata, which may include the location of where the device's IP was being serviced internet access if connected to wifi or in the case of cellular data, if GPS location cannot be obtained legally, pin pointing location by triangulating cell towers the device had ping to is considered meta.

ok a lady is saying that her son saw a young lady mouth 'help me' at a well to do gated community 10 miles from PTL (FHEFB) and her car was 10 miles from where HE hung out.................(NG)......????????

I think that she said it was a false alarm?

The Rita lady said the last communication was at 3:41 a.m. when she called her roommate to say she had a good time on her date. So at least we have a somewhat better timeline.

The Rita lady said the last communication was at 3:41 a.m. when she called her roommate to say she had a good time on her date.

So, the roommate thing was def a phone call, not a text? That seems really late to me to be calling someone. It's one thing if you're both working, or hanging out. But, where was the roommate??? Apparently not at her mother's yet (I def wouldn't call someone at their mother's at that time!).

So, the roommate thing was def a phone call, not a text? That seems really late to me to be calling someone. It's one thing if you're both working, or hanging out. But, where was the roommate??? Apparently not at her mother's yet (I def wouldn't call someone at their mother's at that time!).

According to what was said on the broadcast. Depending on where her roommate was, it could be a time zone difference??

Also remember that all cell phones have 911 location access enabled, and it cannot be disabled. if the phone is on, its traceable. The question is, how far back is it traceable?

These Smart phones can do A LOT of things we probably can't imagine.

Matter of fact, I ran out of gas in my vehicle not long ago on I20 (please, do not judge me :blushing:) and when I called my roadside assistance provider I did not remember what exit I had just passed....so they asked if they could use my cell phone number to pinpoint my location.

My GPS nor WIFI was on, and they located me within 300 yards of the next exit. I was approx. 2.2 miles from exit 71. Once I got back on the road, I measured it out and it was almost dead on to the distance they gave me.

Don't know how they did it...but they did.

That's what I have been trying to figure out! I was under the impression she left town on the 22nd? Has that been confirmed? If that's the case she was in town when HE disappeared.

It was even unclear on NG if anyone else was home at condo or how many people live there.

the call to the roommate came earlier I think, about the time she got home from her date. Maybe around 2:30. The 3:41 call is the one HE's father said was on his phone bill when he checked, so this is how he knows 3:41 was the last time the phone was used. He didn't say if it was a call or a text or who it was to. He also said LE hasn't given them any information about where the call was pinged from, so I think they don't have that info yet.

Wondering if he got a good look at her since he could read her lips..

Remember this;
Teen heroes dealing with fame after rescuing abducted girl

Read more: http://fox43.com/2013/07/15/teen-he...e-after-rescuing-abducted-girl/#ixzz2pgA8UzoC

"Wished all abductions could turn out this good"..

Jersey, I believe it was.

Well that is in the same time zone. Maybe some of these times are wrong? But I would think they saw the police report. I know that editor did. But a lot was redacted.

maybe now we will get a presser and correct info to work on..........I don't think we ever sleuthed House of Blues.........who drove a stick shift..........now we know someone used phone later before it went dead, timeline needed very badly.

roommate was to be in NJ......same time EST

Passonflower...How do we know the room mate was in NJ? I saw on social media a different date of arrival. Where are we getting the info on when the room mate left MB? TIA

I think I am allowed to paraphrase a comment on the FHEF ?

comment from someone living in RO.. said roommate was in FL ,they said she left that morning

Haven't had time to catch up on reading this thread, but wanted to chime in with my thoughts real quick before bed... After watching the segment on Nancy Grace, this is what I took away from it:

*Heather used to hang out at PTL (I did see where some quoted it as being "about 10 miles of where she used to hang out" (or something along those lines))... I myself took it as "about 10 miles AT where she used to hang out" as in 10 miles from her home.

*Heather called her roommate at 3:41 AM... this leads me to believe she probably did not go missing until after she went to sleep, then ventured out the next morning (although technically the same morning... just much later).. I mean I used to be a night owl and all, but by the time that call was finished, and you've been out on a date, and practicing driving a stick shift before that, etc... you've had a pretty long day and it's now probably at least 4 AM.. me personally, my behind would have been crashing, even at that young age....

My question... why won't LE give at least her parents the location of her last ping?

That's all I got for now... I'm beyond exhausted... night all :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member