SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide a MSM link to the fact that Heather used pot. I have not seen that. Tia

if you browse though her twitter you'll see it
if I paraphrased basically she is surprised of the fact that she passed her drug test because she had smoked the previous night.

Here's a question for mods - does a verified insider have to provide MSM links in this case, or can they say things as such ....

A LEO would recognize the importance of linking facts, and a statement like that should have a link for sure. I'm sure it's just an oversight. I could be wrong, but the "fact" was made by a LEO not a "verified insider". It's an important distinction. A VI who is a "local" is different than a VI who is related to the victim. Kwim? It is important to recognize the distinction, IMO. It gets tricky.

Here's a question for mods - does a verified insider have to provide MSM links in this case, or can they say things as such ....

Hi Steve,
Do you mean someone verified by websleuths? If that is what you mean, no they do not have to provide a link but with that being said it is also up to individual members if they believe the info being provided. Hope that helps.:seeya:

eta: this "verified insider" would also have had to have been verified by Kimster.

My choice for not linking direct from HE SM is simple.

On some of her SM accounts the contents are IMO very explicit. And that does not need to be on WS. And I do not feel such material needs to be linked.

A LEO would recognize the importance of linking facts, and a statement like that should have a link for sure. I'm sure it's just an oversight. I could be wrong, but the "fact" was made by a LEO not a "verified insider". It's an important distinction. A VI who is a "local" is different than a VI who is related to the victim. Kwim? It is important to recognize the distinction, IMO. It gets tricky.

My choice for not linking direct from HE SM is simple.

On some of her SM accounts the contents are IMO very explicit. And that does not need to be on WS. And I do not feel such material needs to be linked.

you are correct ^^^ we were made aware of some explicit things on her sm and we don't need to be linking there.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Hopefully this works-like this app & all but it's finicky sometimes & isn't letting me just quote from the last thread. (I actually posted this earlier & it went to the wrong thread)

In the very least there'd be pings off HEs cell after 3:41am if she went to bed because she would have left the phone charging over night. At least that's how my niece who is HE & works FF is with her cell. It's charged & left on her bed "just in case."

you are correct ^^^ we were made aware of some explicit things on her sm and we don't need to be linking there.

So, to be clear, we are accepting HE drug use as fact, and we are usually allowed to provide a link to a victims Social Media account, but are not to do so I this case? I'm just trying to be clear on this.

I've never posted on here before, but this has been bothering me since last night and I just had to get it out.

With the sheer number of storage facilities in MB that house boats...do we think law enforcement has given any thought to the possibility that HE was possibly taken out of PTL not necessarily using a boat in the water but a boat on a trailer?
I know a lot of these facilities have keypad entry for after hours, I wonder if it's possible to check if any renters checked their boat in or out in the early hours the morning she went missing?
I know when I was 20- if a person I was really into invited me out to the water to watch the sun rise, I would absolutely go. I've just been racking my brain trying to figure out why HE would be going out to PTL that early in the morning, and this is one I could get behind.

I hope it's okay to post a theory. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought it was plausible.

I will paraphrase, on FHFB their asking for the people that were cat fishing with the truck and boat with no tail lights to say what they saw and also anyone who saw someone walking down PTL early in the morning.

about an hour ago

This is in line with some discussions we've had regarding that if the car were planted there, how did they leave? (The person fishing is new. I wonder where that came from?)

I still believe the car was planted there and whatever happened occurred elsewhere. BUT how did they leave? Accomplice? Walk out? To walk a few miles out of there is bold. Most LE are likely to stop and question a young person and ask them where they are going and why are they out. In the Jamisha Gilbert case in VA, LE knew where to look for her a few miles from her wrecked car because a witness remembered seeing Gilbert in the early morning hours about 2 miles from the car and that seemed odd to the witness that someone would be walking alone that time of night. The chances of walking past someone's house on Peachtree Rd and have dogs start to bark and wake a resident is likely.

I certainly hope someone comes forward if something out of the ordinary was witnessed.

I saw the comment from early this morning asking about package stores. Those are liquor stores from those of you not in the northeast. I've only seen drive thru ones in Texas.

Regarding liquor stores in South Carolina, they are open only from 9am-7pm Monday thru Sat. closed Sunday. You can buy beer and wine in grocery stores, convenience stores, drug stores, etc... 24 hours and on Sundays in Horry county I believe.

Do they have any bars open after 2am there anymore? The laws have changed in the last few years but I know that there were many after hours clubs serving alcohol in Charleston county up until a few years ago.

JMO

So, to be clear, we are accepting HE drug use as fact, and we are usually allowed to provide a link to a victims Social Media account, but are not to do so I this case? I'm just trying to be clear on this.

oh I never said that hahaha... I was asking what you all were referring to re: verified insider.

As for the social media, we cannot link to it. I have alerted imamaze who is the point mod on this case and she can get back to you all on this so hold tight.

This is in line with some discussions we've had regarding that if the car were planted there, how did they leave? (The person fishing is new. I wonder where that came from?)

I still believe the car was planted there and whatever happened occurred elsewhere. BUT how did they leave? Accomplice? Walk out? To walk a few miles out of there is bold. Most LE are likely to stop and question a young person and ask them where they are going and why are they out. In the Jamisha Gilbert case in VA, LE knew where to look for her a few miles from her wrecked car because a witness remembered seeing Gilbert in the early morning hours about 2 miles from the car and that seemed odd to the witness that someone would be walking alone that time of night. The chances of walking past someone's house on Peachtree Rd and have dogs start to bark and wake a resident is likely.

I certainly hope someone comes forward if something out of the ordinary was witnessed.

Isn't this the info that the JD creepy person was posting at one point on the FHE FB page? I think with all the other stuff it was completely ignored...

oh I never said that hahaha... I was asking what you all were referring to re: verified insider.

As for the social media, we cannot link to it. I have alerted imamaze who is the point mod on this case and she can get back to you all on this so hold tight.

eta: it was one of her social media accounts that had explicit images

Re: drive through liquor stores

I'm fairly certain SC doesn't have them. But SC stores are privately owned instead of state owned like NC.

Might not be a friend possible acquaintance, co-worker, ex boyfriend.
As far as I'm concerned ,you don't cooperate if
A, you are involved
B, you know who is involved
C, you are involved in illegal activities that are related to the "event"

Its also possible that perhaps whatever happened to HE (if something did happen to her) wasn't pre meditated and so the perp did not plan to do anything with her car. perhaps she was driving with a passenger or two and they decided to take a walk before whatever happened happened.

I can not buy into the drug thing - If HE was trying to get drugs, there would have to be an electronic trail, most likely texts or calls from her cell phone. The same for the idea of meeting someone. Because of this, I truly believe she was taken from White River Condos.

Have we learned there isn't an electronic trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone LE approaches is involved with drugs, they may not cooperate, whether they have info or not. If so, they can waste a lot of police time.

This is 100% fact.

If it is in fact drug related, there are some seriously BAD people here in MB/Horry County that are at the top of the food chain.
Buyers, pushers, whatever the street name is for them these days don't want to end up being "the guy" who upsets the apple cart and leads LE to the kingpin.
when people start clamming up, you know there's something serious going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike