SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: drive through liquor stores

I'm fairly certain SC doesn't have them. But SC stores are privately owned instead do state owned like NC.

Yeah, no drive thru liquor stores here. I'm leaning towards either fast food or a ATM. lived in the area of this incident for 17 years. thats all I can come up with when it comes to drive through that late at night.

But I really don't think we should tunnel our focus towards a "drive thru", if you listen carefully to the NG show one more time you will hear that he said "...There is some mention of a video surveillance, uh where the surveillance came from is also redacted other than that it was a bussiness or a drive thru..."

Since HE was on her computer at home, she could have been IM'ing with someone.

I am a 60 year old local, who has raised children here from 1970's into their adulthood and more recently mentored young college students. I have found that some very intelligent young women I am mentoring do not stay away from potentially dangerous places.
Those working in the service industry as we call it here ( restaurant late shifts) and even night shift nurses tend to want a release after work ends. They gather wherever they can. Although many think PTL to be too spooky a place, I can totally see a young adult meeting someone there, even a new friend.
I have mentored girls who were pretty, very intelligent, and loved by their families, but they still set out on romantic or even just friendship adventures that put them at terrible risk of harm. I have recused them from places to I never imagined they would go of their own accord. This of course is likely common in cities other than Myrtle Beach, but I just want to emphasize that it is very very much a part of the youth culture here.

My first post ~

I am thankful that NG featured this case last night. However, I think she was rushed and not organized with her facts or thoughts. I am hoping that her producers will invest themselves into the HE's disappearance and will begin to dig into the case an get the points correct because I felt like I could have done a a better job with the interview just from reading these threads and all the SM posts and FHE FB page

What I did learn from the NG show that somehow MB local reporters have failed to report is
*The date was at a Mexican Restaurant and date is not a suspect
*HE sent her dad a photo/text excited about driving a stick shift around the 10:30 hr
*Last contact? or ping? or text? that came from HE cell phone was at 3:41am and that Dad found that out through his discovery because they share the account
*LE knows the location of the last ping but aren't telling the dad

I pray for a safe return but think something has dreadful has happened to HE

Sharing more of my thoughts and opinions:
I think the LE knows way more than they will ever share and the reason is because they don't want to jeopardize a discovery of HE or the possible link to whoever was responsible for her disappearance.
Sometimes I think some pleads on FHEFB page are direct appeals to someone who they think knows something and aren't coming forward.

I pray for her family everyday and will continue to pray for a safe return of Heather until we hear otherwise.

Not really. I was going off of the reported contacts with father, roommate, and the 3:41 text or call. Since no others were reported, i was assuming there were none.

I just think with cell technology, computer footprints, and surveillance technology what it is now that LE has a lot more info about where she was at what time than they are revealing.
Not too sure about what the parents may or may not know.
Just about all of our info comes from her family. I wish we'd get just one good press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we to assume the car Heather was learning to drive manual in was her date's car? Or...? I'm assuming it was her date's car, but no one has really said one way or the other as far as I know.

I am just curious..if anyone knows if there was a lot of police presence in Socastee on the 17th and 18th ?? Looking for the two men from the accident/shooting in Socastee , early on Dec. 17th. Or do the police not " station" themselves in an area when something like that happens ?

I believe the accident/shooting happened closer to the backgate area ? I was in Socastee the 19th thru 21st.drove past PTL several times...did not see any police that I am aware of..and did not know HE was missing .

Its also possible that perhaps whatever happened to HE (if something did happen to her) wasn't pre meditated and so the perp did not plan to do anything with her car. perhaps she was driving with a passenger or two and they decided to take a walk before whatever happened happened.

That's an interesting scenario. If something happened and the other person covered it up out of fear.

To me, an important part of this is the car. HOW did it come be there? (HE went there and that was where she parked it. Someone else parked it there.) WHY was it there? (A meeting at that sight? Planted as a red herring?) WHEN was it parked there?

On that last one, it has never really been said what is known. IF there was a resident called it in saying it had been there since Monday (16 Dec), did they say that to get LE's attention in hopes that they would tow it out of there? In any event the resident didn't really know. We don't know if the car was there in the early hours of the 18th or did not show up till the night of the 18th (planted?).

On that note what bothers me is the location of the car. Not in a regular parking area. Parked toward the ramp? If I am trying to launch a boat on the 18th, I obviously want to turn around and back the trailer down the ramp. This car appears to be parked such that it would least be a nuisance to whoever was launching a boat. Or it may have been in the way of parking the vehicle/trailer afterward. Either way someone would notice. Even someone just driving up to the area that has launched a boat before would likely take notice and question it. What works against it is this is not the time of year to have many folks launching boats. Although, I believe the weather was mild on the 18th. Someone seeing this may have not witnessed the crime, but they can help with the timeline. The timeline gives LE a better idea of what/when to look for on surveillance video.

I just think with cell technology, computer footprints, and surveillance technology what it is now that LE has a lot more info about where she was at what time than they are revealing.
Not too sure about what the parents may or may not know.
Just about all of our info comes from her family. I wish we'd get just one good press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely agree here..bolded by me

So are we to assume the car Heather was learning to drive manual in was her date's car? Or...? I'm assuming it was her date's car, but no one has really said one way or the other as far as I know.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm also curious to whether or not this was their first date? Seems to me that I wouldn't let a person I had just started dating drive my car. Especially not at night.

Yeah, no drive thru liquor stores here. I'm leaning towards either fast food or a ATM. lived in the area of this incident for 17 years. thats all I can come up with when it comes to drive through that late at night.

But I really don't think we should tunnel our focus towards a "drive thru", if you listen carefully to the NG show one more time you will hear that he said "...There is some mention of a video surveillance, uh where the surveillance came from is also redacted other than that it was a bussiness or a drive thru..."

CNNs transcript of the interview says "other than that it was a business WITH a drive-through." When I listened to the interview I thought he addressed two videos, or said something to the effect of 'or' but CNN translates it as a business 'with' a video. Still could be either IMO, it's kind of hard to translate what he was saying.

CNNs transcript of the interview says "other than that it was a business WITH a drive-through." When I listened to the interview I thought he addressed two videos, or said something to the effect of 'or' but CNN translates it as a business 'with' a video. Still could be either IMO, it's kind of hard to translate what he was saying.

Do you have a link for the transcript? TIA

I've never posted on here before, but this has been bothering me since last night and I just had to get it out.

With the sheer number of storage facilities in MB that house boats...do we think law enforcement has given any thought to the possibility that HE was possibly taken out of PTL not necessarily using a boat in the water but a boat on a trailer?
I know a lot of these facilities have keypad entry for after hours, I wonder if it's possible to check if any renters checked their boat in or out in the early hours the morning she went missing?
I know when I was 20- if a person I was really into invited me out to the water to watch the sun rise, I would absolutely go. I've just been racking my brain trying to figure out why HE would be going out to PTL that early in the morning, and this is one I could get behind.

I hope it's okay to post a theory. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought it was plausible.

WELCOME, Seaver! Fantastic first post. That is an excellent thought. Keep them coming.....

RE: the car being a red herring. If that's the case, then it would have to be a strong indication that someone she knows is involved since PTL was a place that HE and her family knew very well.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm also curious to whether or not this was their first date? Seems to me that I wouldn't let a person I had just started dating drive my car. Especially not at night.

I'm wondering if it was a first date or someone she'd known for awhile too. I don't let anyone drive my cars, and I know I definitely would not let someone I barely knew drive my car, *especially* if they didn't really know how to drive a manual. All kinds of things can get torn up if someone's not familiar with driving a manual, and car repairs can get costly. It's been said that there were a lot of racer/tuner types in her circle of friends, and most of those people are VERY particular about their cars, so they probably wouldn't really want someone learning to drive a manual in their vehicles (not to mention most are those cars are likely modified, and probably not the best type of car to learn on).

If it was indeed the date's car that she was driving, Nancy Grace said last night that the date is cooperating so it doesn't sound like he's involved. I just wish they'd say if it was or wasn't the date's car. I also wonder if they went on the date alone, or if friends went with them or maybe met up with them after they had dinner.

I was thinking if the person responsible planned this out maybe they stashed a bike near by to ride home because they planned to stash the car there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge