SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the call for the governor to give special attention to this case, and the demand for national coverage is symbolic, in a way. It's not that that stuff will necessarily help, but it bothers people, understandably, when a case that they care a lot about is not being acknowledged as important by those in power.

What do they think is not being done, I wonder? The same people (on FB page) generally won't even acknowledge the possibility that she might be deceased, so in what way would the National Guard, for example, be useful, if not for specialty searching? I guess I am unsure as to what the governor could do.

What do they think is not being done, I wonder? The same people (on FB page) generally won't even acknowledge the possibility that she might be deceased, so in what way would the National Guard, for example, be useful, if not for specialty searching? I guess I am unsure as to what the governor could do.

That's my question.
I asked them what exactly they wanted, and that I thought they could get a quicker response if they made a specific request.
They deleted my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be nice in situations like this to have man power & volunteers set up road blocks, city locks down & LE has the right to go door to door searching.

If you inconvenience an entire city by doing this you certainly would cut down on crime in my opinion.

Originally Posted by PeterThomasFan View Post Here is original post with close-up of HE's keys" Post #527 with close-up of HE's keys Looks to me like house key said:
The black thing on the key ring may be a floatie...people who are on a boat a lot usually find it's smart to have one. just in case.

That's my question.
I asked them what exactly they wanted, and that I thought they could get a quicker response if they made a specific request.
They deleted my post.

I don't mean to laugh, but that made me laugh :(
What is the point of deleting a simple question. These FB pages just become so inane after a while...

As a mother of two small boys, my heart simply aches for HE & her family. I pray for them daily and come here to get updates....hoping that there's going to be some good news.
And with each passing day that there isn't, my heart sinks further & further down into my stomach. I can't imagine what they are going through.... I wish I could do more to help...I wish I could be there to help search

My family thinks I'm too overprotective of my kids...but in this day & age you have to be. I remember living there when I was younger and I had no fear. My family has a house in MI and there were many nights I walked back from the local bars late at night (it's that close) alone. Now that I'm older I wonder what in the world was I thinking!! I won't even let my kids walk to the bathroom at the water park by themselves.

I did want to add that having read through all the threads & comments...I've noticed the frustration building more & more. IMO I can understand why...and it was bound to happen one way or another. But I beg of y'all (there's my southern coming out lol), to please take a step back when you start to get frustrated and regroup. Not everyone has to agree or think alike...we just need to keep focus of the goal - to help get Heather HOME! I know that when I get frustrated while trying to solve problems I tend to miss out on the most simple answers...you know, not being able to see the forest for the trees or vice versa... Everyone here is valuable & needed. We all have something to offer ...I'm trying to find what mine is at this time as I wish I could do more... But if nothing else I'm here for support and that counts for something I hope :)

I hope it's okay to end w/ one of my favorite quotes:
"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will" ~ Edward Everett Hale

I'm just going to come right out and say it.

It's ridiculous that there hasn't been a LE update.

The citizens of Myrtle Beach deserve more.

I agree with you, but I really am thinking that the LE KNOWS and wants to find evidence before they grab the perp(s). That is why they are keeping this close to their vests. JMOO

Drove right past there tonight and both my wife and I pointed that place out! Right next to Ron Jon's. I always wonder who's buying so many fireworks around here. Weird that you even mentioned it @Cgs! Hmmmm!

I go there every year to get the kiddos fireworks for the 4th of July. I think it caters more to tourists and people from other counties that don't have access to fireworks year-round.

JMO but I do not feel an arrest is near. I am still not sure that LE is convinced a crime has occurred.

May I ask a question? I'm not familiar with PI's but what exactly can a PI do, are they allowed to view information from LE? I've seen the idea about them thrown around and I guess I just wanted help (in Laymans Terms) figuring out what they can or can't provide.

I don't mean to laugh, but that made me laugh :(

What is the point of deleting a simple question. These FB pages just become so inane after a while...

I had to laugh as well. They are frustrated. I'd be frustrated.
I think their focus has just narrowed to the point that any suggestion, even better suggestions, are viewed as not supportive.
Everyone running that site is very vested, and probably exhausted. So to some degree I understand.
I do think they are alienating some of their supporters though so they need to be careful.
All jmo

BBM - This article from January 8th makes a little mention of the above.

How interesting about where they chose to set up the command center yesterday.

Quote: ... He said Sunday that his team found a few shoes, clothes and a few bones on Saturday, but nothing definitive. “The cadaver dogs hit on a spot inside an old church, but I’m not sure if anything came of it,” Whiteis said. ...
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_019973aa-78bc-11e3-976f-001a4bcf6878.html

I know, right?

Attachments

• church.jpg
    church.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 96
I'm just going to come right out and say it.

It's ridiculous that there hasn't been a LE update.

The citizens of Myrtle Beach deserve more.

I agree that it's very difficult not hearing from LE but we need to really consider why that is. LE pressers usually consist of reporters asking questions and LE responding that they can't answer this or that due to the ongoing investigation. This goes on and on and we really don't learn much of anything new. Honestly,and this is just my opinion,I think LE knows exactly who they're looking for. LE needs to have x,y and z before bringing someone in. I think they're close,if they weren't,they'd be on tv begging the public for help. For all we know,the perp may be on the run and they are trying to locate him/her. If that's the case,I'm ok with no update. Whatever it takes to bring HE home.

I agree that it's very difficult not hearing from LE but we need to really consider why that is. LE pressers usually consist of reporters asking questions and LE responding that they can't answer this or that due to the ongoing investigation. This goes on and on and we really don't learn much of anything new. Honestly,and this is just my opinion,I think LE knows exactly who they're looking for. LE needs to have x,y and z before bringing someone in. I think they're close,if they weren't,they'd be on tv begging the public for help. For all we know,the perp may be on the run and they are trying to locate him/her. If that's the case,I'm ok with no update. Whatever it takes to bring HE home.

For those of us who have followed tons of cases, it becomes difficult to believe this (that LE is close, etc.) because we have assumed that before, when they have not shared with the public, and have been wrong. In Holly Bobo's case, for example, after almost three years (?) LE won't confirm which items of her found vs. those still missing. And they seem no closer to figuring out what happened to her. That is just one example. JMO

I wonder whether they have to be careful not to let the person know they're suspicious, for fear of endangering a potential witness or other person.

May I ask a question? I'm not familiar with PI's but what exactly can a PI do, are they allowed to view information from LE? I've seen the idea about them thrown around and I guess I just wanted help (in Laymans Terms) figuring out what they can or can't provide.

They provide pretty much the same thing as LE. If LE is willing to work with them then yes they can view information. The biggest thing is that after a certain amount of time has gone by, if they haven't found HE they will start decreasing manpower hours. Budget restraints, other cases, etc etc ..they won't be able to stay on this 24/7 for too much longer. That is when a PI comes in handy. Any information the PI gathers can be turned over to LE.

And again, not to bash LE but it seems like there are still a lot of missing people in Horry County that haven't been found. I'm not sure I would be confident of them getting the evidence they need to make an arrest. A good PI can do a lot.

Yes, Sparky's is about 40 minutes inland while Phantom Fireworks is just around the corner from HE' condo, on Waccamaw Blvd.

Thanks. If they were the same place, that would have been a bit more than coincidence could handle :p

Are the Waccamaw and Pee Dee rivers connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname