SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I bet the person responsible is acting a bit suspicious now (so locals there in MB.....please keep your eyes out for someone not acting like "themselves").

And the reason for the this person now acting like a "cat on a hot tin roof" is this:

---video surveillance pics don't lie

---the tracking dogs don't lie

---cell phone pings/records don't lie

---DNA don't lie

---your previous record/history don't lie

---and the big $$$ reward is gonna' mean your friends aren't gonna' lie for you either!

(all just moo)

BBM I TOTALLY AGREE..........I really think someone has given 'ideas' to LE already and I am praying for a POI (s) and arrest before HE is found.

Most counties thru out the US don't have their own police dept., so for counties that don't have one... the sheriffs office serves as the county's pd. Horry is just one that is so large it has it's own dept. from what I understand. I was confused about this too & looked it up a week or two ago.

cujenn81, many counties across the USA have municipalities/cities that have their own police jurisdictions & departments. This has been one of the major issues in investigations of sexual predators/serial killers for over five decades; lack of communication and the sharing of evidence between law enforcement agencies. Imo, this may be the explanation as too why Horry County, SC has an unusually high number of known unsolved missing/murdered cases, specifically females.. The lack of a media management strategy by the HCSO/HCPD is indicative of a law enforcement agency adhering to the antiquated investigative strategies utilized by LEAs prior to the communication era, imo..

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402
<sniped & BBM - Read More>
*(1970s) - DR. Egger says, serial killers continue to kill because some aspect of the murder fulfills a psychological need, either the way in which the murder was committed, or what was done with the body afterwards.

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped. "In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said. "The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene,"

Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence. "If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said.

"Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."

For those of you into discussing the requested involvement of the governor, you must have missed the original requesting post on the FHE Facebook page. Days ago, at least a week ago, there was a post from insiders, saying that the governor could request a "flyover" by some type of special plane allowed for use by the state of SC. This plane would provide heat seeking technology or something akin to that to map out possibilities for land search. The Facebook post stated that a large number of requests from the community might persuade Haley to send out the plane. Sorry, I am not technically savvy enough to repost or quote that Facebook post for you.

Are my eyes not seeing right or is that some sort of mark around her throat? I don't think it is a shadow or a string necklace, but looks like a dark mark around the throat.

It's a necklace, in my opinion.
There are other pics of her wearing it on the Find Heather Elvis facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...102722.-2207520000.1389634619.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/photos_stream

IMOO.

I think it's just some loose hair. This picture appears to be taken at the beach, and the rest of her hair looks a little windblown, so my guess is that it's just some hair the wind blew around her neck.

Not the necklace. The dark line a couple of inches above it.

I *think* it's just loose windblown hair, but...

On her Facebook there are pictures that have better resolution. Looks like the dark colored necklace is leather & holds a pendant, think its the one that holds the moonchild thingy. She's also wearing a light tan one that looks identical to the discoloration that Skully pointed out. Looks like its a hemp style thread necklace or thin rope/leather of some kind, just light in color.

I'm trying to remember so I may be off, but I think the keys may have come from her Twitter. I think she posted a pic of a shake or food - gosh I forget, but the keys were in the pic too.

Re the member card... We belong to a gym that requires a member card for entrance...no idea if Heather was going to a gym though. Also, my son has a college student id as well as a little card like this member card to scan for books, snacks, etc. there's so many places that use these loyalty/royalty cards. How d we find it where this one belongs to? Maybe search by color for county wide cards?

I'm catching up soooo forgive me if this idea has been posted: I have an app for all these cards, can someone try to scan the card with their phone and see what comes up? I can't as I'm using my phone... hope that makes sense... or even type in the numbers to google?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Not the necklace. The dark line a couple of inches above it.

I *think* it's just loose windblown hair, but...

In my opinion, she is wearing TWO necklaces. One is like a tan colored choker necklace that is above the longer dark colored necklace.

IMOO.

So, more than a reasonable amount of time has passed. I guess its time to post this. (As I said in a much earlier post re: this, Heather's family, as well as LE have been notified about this early on in this investigation). LE has had enough time to check this out, I think.

The owner of the salon where Heather was going to start her new job is a Tier 3 RSO, if the information I have received is correct (thank you new member for bringing this to my attention). I am not sure if I'm allowed to link? Mods? His initials are CWB out of Conway.

On her Facebook there are pictures that have better resolution. Looks like the dark colored necklace is leather & holds a pendant, think its the one that holds the moonchild thingy. SES also wearing a light tan one that looks identical to the discoloration that Skully pointed out. Looks like its a hemp style thread necklace or thin rope/leather of some kind, just light in color.

Exactly. In my opinion she is wearing Two necklaces and the one in question is a light colored choker type necklace.

IMOO.

In my opinion, she is wearing TWO necklaces. One is like a tan colored choker necklace that is above the longer dark colored necklace.

IMOO.

It could be. Doesn't really look like it to me, but the picture's pretty grainy to tell for sure. Yes, she does have a similar one in other photos, and this could be it.

For those of you into discussing the requested involvement of the governor, you must have missed the original requesting post on the FHE Facebook page. Days ago, at least a week ago, there was a post from insiders, saying that the governor could request a "flyover" by some type of special plane allowed for use by the state of SC. This plane would provide heat seeking technology or something akin to that to map out possibilities for land search. The Facebook post stated that a large number of requests from the community might persuade Haley to send out the plane. Sorry, I am not technically savvy enough to repost or quote that Facebook post for you.

Well, that definitely seems more compelling to me. I wish they would have stated specifically their intentions. I think it would have garnered much more support. If there is such a helicopter that could be used, Horry County needs it.

So, more than a reasonable amount of time has passed. I guess its time to post this. (As I said in a much earlier post re: this, Heather's family, as well as LE have been notified about this early on in this investigation). LE has had enough time to check this out, I think.

The owner of the salon where Heather was going to start her new job is a Tier 3 RSO, if the information I have received is correct (thank you new member for bringing this to my attention). I am not sure if I'm allowed to link? Mods? His initials are CWB out of Conway.

Wow. :( I'm starting to think everyone out there is a Tier 3 RSO.
Think this guy has a pontoon boat or a boat trailer with no lights? Though, that seems too obvious...I would think LE would have figured that out ages ago. Or, maybe they have, & they're baiting the guy.
Or, maybe he had nothing to do with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. :( I'm starting to think everyone out there is a Tier 3 RSO.
Think this guy has a pontoon boat or a boat trailer with no lights? Though, that seems too obvious...I would think LE would have figured that out ages ago. Or, maybe they have, & they're baiting the guy.
Or, maybe he had nothing to do with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know :( It seems Heather had a few of these around her.

If you go the salon's fb, there are obviously a lot of females working there. It sucks for his family that this information has to come out. Sorry.

Where is Heather?

I would hope any sex offenders in the area have been checked, as best they can be, and any known to her family. Maybe her family does not know about this guy? Maybe it needs to forwarded to LE, i.e connection may not have been made to Heather? But when dealing with RSO's, I think LE has a little more leeway and would not play games, i.e trying to trap or bait them. Doesn't LE have the right to question RSO's when a crime occurs? Seems like they have, in other cases. JMO

I would hope any sex offenders in the area have been checked, as best they can be, and any known to her family. Maybe her family does not know about this guy? Maybe it needs to forwarded to LE, i.e connection may not have been made to Heather? But when dealing with RSO's, I think LE has a little more leeway and would not play games, i.e trying to trap or bait them. Doesn't LE have the right to question RSO's when a crime occurs? Seems like they have, in other cases. JMO

LE was notified about this approx 2 weeks ago, as well as Heather's family.

sniped for space
http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402
<sniped & BBM - Read More>
*(1970s) - DR. Egger says, serial killers continue to kill because some aspect of the murder fulfills a psychological need, either the way in which the murder was committed, or what was done with the body afterwards.

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped. "In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said. "The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene,"

Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence. "If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said.

"Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."

I have been following along here and do not have time to contribute much but wanted to recognize all the hard work and sleuthing that so many of you experienced members, newbies and MB locals are doing!

God bless the Elvis family and lets bring Heather home to them!

I am seriously questioning similarities in other missing cases that could be related to Heather. Amber B and related connections have certainly caught my attention. I am also wondering about any similarities along the east coast. This feels so familiar but I cant quite pinpoint it. I think this is a person who befriended Heather most likely through her job. It may be a patron or someone associated with the business, who travels and is familiar with the area. I am thinking they move or travel about. I do not think Heather is the first victim, this seems very organized to me and IMO.

I always appreciate the posts made by the above quoted poster and find them thought provoking. Thank you.

JMO

I'm not a mod but I know we're allowed to post it as it does pertain to the job that Heather just got with Artistik. This man is the significant other of the owner of that salon. His address is the same as hers. Maybe he's learned from his past mistake of messing with an 11 year old little girl.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576502&AgencyID=54575

sniped for space

I have been following along here and do not have time to contribute much but wanted to recognize all the hard work and sleuthing that so many of you experienced members, newbies and MB locals are doing!

God bless the Elvis family and lets bring Heather home to them!

I am seriously questioning similarities in other missing cases that could be related to Heather. Amber B and related connections have certainly caught my attention. I am also wondering about any similarities along the east coast. This feels so familiar but I cant quite pinpoint it. I think this is a person who befriended Heather most likely through her job. It may be a patron or someone associated with the business, who travels and is familiar with the area. I am thinking they move or travel about. I do not think Heather is the first victim, this seems very organized to me and IMO.

I always appreciate the posts made by the above quoted poster and find them thought provoking. Thank you.

JMO

I 2nd that! Foxfire has brought so much intelligent information to the forefront that its not even funny, always provides so much to think about!

Note the proximity to Carolina Forest Dr.

Does anyone know if the socastee swamp has been searched yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77