SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

While you're providing links, could you post the link to your video/song so it doesn't become just a memory from the last thread??? It's something that might remind people how important it is to find Johnny. Regardless of whatever has happened he does need to be the focus. There is no way that someone who has never been away from home before isn't terrified. He may seem to do fairly well in his little town, but it's a big world out there.

You are all doing a great job and i hope you are rewarded with a big smile from Johnny when he comes home! I am sure you have thought of this but thought I would mention that those giving out flyers might want to hit up the local recycling centers. Where I live there are quite a few guys on bikes with wagons that go out every day looking for cans. They see a lot because they go everywhere and they talk to everybody. You might run into one of those guys, they are usually very nice. Just a thought.

You are all doing a great job and i hope you are rewarded with a big smile from Johnny when he comes home! I am sure you have thought of this but thought I would mention that those giving out flyers might want to hit up the local recycling centers. Where I live there are quite a few guys on bikes with wagons that go out every day looking for cans. They see a lot because they go everywhere and they talk to everybody. You might run into one of those guys, they are usually very nice. Just a thought.

Great idea but, unlike some other states, SC doesn't have a deposit on cans and bottles so they don't get returned. They get recycled, but there's no refund for doing so. ( I wish they'd change that because it would help with our litter issues here)

Peekerfoo_ I know you said you joined WS because of this case. Pleeeeease do not let this "setback" turn you off from the whole website. You are a wonderful, caring person who has done tons more for this man than most of us can even dream of. If I was missing, I want you looking for me! You can use your energy and instincts to help with so many other cases! I wish you were a member when Brittaney Drexel went missing - you probably would have found her the next day! In short, what I am trying to say is you rock - :rocker::rocker::rocker: !

also, I am confused about the rules, maybe I should go read them again. I thought the whole purpose of the website was for us to discuss our theories, speculation, etc. Now, they are calling this rumours? I understand the insider thing, I do think NonniBrenda qualifies, but, if the family doesn't request her, OK. But, if speculating is against the rules, there are a whole lot of posts, entire threads, about Casey Anthony that should be removed, especially since in the end, she was found not guilty! I'm going to look at the rules, I'll be back, I'm in Virginia, maybe I should post some posters around here? But, the official poster has the family's phone numbers, is there any poster just with the MB police phone number on it? If so, someone please post a link- Thank You!

Me again, I read the rules. They state that a thread will be closed if it is "inappropriate". Take it for what it's worth. I'm gonna try to help somebody else.

also, I am confused about the rules, maybe I should go read them again. I thought the whole purpose of the website was for us to discuss our theories, speculation, etc. Now, they are calling this rumours? I understand the insider thing, I do think NonniBrenda qualifies, but, if the family doesn't request her, OK. But, if speculating is against the rules, there are a whole lot of posts, entire threads, about Casey Anthony that should be removed, especially since in the end, she was found not guilty! I'm going to look at the rules, I'll be back, I'm in Virginia, maybe I should post some posters around here? But, the official poster has the family's phone numbers, is there any poster just with the MB police phone number on it? If so, someone please post a link- Thank You!

Try this poster Maureen... and don't give up. We just can't do that.

Attachments

• Johnny Brown Missing Poster.jpg
    Johnny Brown Missing Poster.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 18
The TOS of Websleuths serve two purposes - to protect websleuths from legal problems and to protect victims and families from harm. They are very good reasons for rules, and for the most part i think people should follow them. If legal issues arise - this board won't be here.

At the same time, some rules are made to be broken occasionally - I'm glad I got to read your post Nonni Brenda. It gave me some peace that Johnny is probably ok, somewhere, just not at home.

Thank you BethAK. I appreciate you saying that. I have enjoyed your posts too. We all here on Johnny's thread have made a good team.

I just checked the Horry County Detention Center and he hasn't been arrested for anything. That's good news or bad news depending on how you look at it:what:

Just because they had to tidy up the last thread shouldn't mean the end of our quest to find Johnny. There has to be a way to talk about Johnny without stepping on any toes. We need a Verified Insider and the only one who qualifies (per Kimster) is Nonni Brenda. Unless someone else has been holding out on us...:dunno:

I appreciate your, and Kimster's, faith in me, but I think I got too wrapped up in this and was over-extending my health and energy level. I really am tired. Even my teen grandchildren were asking me how many hrs. a day I was working on this. I may "perk" back up one day, but it really was tough pulling info from "people". :blowkiss:

Peekerfoo_ I know you said you joined WS because of this case. Pleeeeease do not let this "setback" turn you off from the whole website. You are a wonderful, caring person who has done tons more for this man than most of us can even dream of. If I was missing, I want you looking for me! You can use your energy and instincts to help with so many other cases! I wish you were a member when Brittaney Drexel went missing - you probably would have found her the next day! In short, what I am trying to say is you rock - :rocker::rocker::rocker: !

:goodpost:

Thanks, Steely Dan! Was it a good post or is that just a rumour?

You are too kind, Maureen! I'm not letting this get me down. I still believe that Johnny NEEDS to be found and will do what I can to try and help with that. I look at it this way-- we all probably have that guy in our town who could be Johnny. Maybe we see him walking around and we know he's got some problems, but people accept that he's a part of the community. Maybe he has a few beers. He may get along well in his own little town, but think about him being lost in a large tourist area with no maps, phone, money or transportation. This makes for a very scary situation. Yes, Johnny may have the skills to operate in his little world of Cartersville, but can he do it somewhere that's foreign to him? He's never spent a night away from family before. How many 44 year olds can you say that about? He needs help. His lifestyle is not the issue, his sister is not the issue, and certainly his beer drinking is not the issue. HE is the issue and I would have a pretty hard time of it if he ends up dead in some woods or on the side of the road. No matter what he can do in Cartersville, this is a far cry from there. I don't plan to give up on Johnny or WS.

As far as Brittanee Drexel goes, I did many searches for a long time from Georgetown to McClellanville. I have pictures and one day I might take the time to figure out how to post them. I had to stop looking after an incident that caused me to have a panic attack (I think that's what it was). I don't even like going by there anymore when I go to Charleston. I should've joined back then, but I've always been intimidated because I'm not great with cell pings and the like. Lots of very smart people here!

Again, thanks and don't worry about me, I'll continue to be here and try not to just "peek".

I appreciate your, and Kimster's, faith in me, but I think I got too wrapped up in this and was over-extending my health and energy level. I really am tired. Even my teen grandchildren were asking me how many hrs. a day I was working on this. I may "perk" back up one day, but it really was tough pulling info from "people". :blowkiss:

I understand completely, NB! You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with this! Without your terrific interviewing skills we wouldn't have any idea about who JB is and the what he's like. All of that information is important in trying to find him. If any missing guy loved hot dogs, I'm not going to make the taco stand my first search priority...

Rest up, my friend, and if you feel up to it down the road you can always change your mind. If you don't, then that's fine, too. You have given enough in this case, so don't ever feel otherwise. :takeabow:

I just wrote a letter to the editor of the Georgetown Times asking why they didn't follow up with a story about Johnny. I asked him to please reconsider and at least post his picture. I put in a link to Fabgod's song hoping it might motivate them to do an article on Johnny. Fingers crossed!

I understand completely, NB! You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with this! Without your terrific interviewing skills we wouldn't have any idea about who JB is and the what he's like. All of that information is important in trying to find him. If any missing guy loved hot dogs, I'm not going to make the taco stand my first search priority...

Rest up, my friend, and if you feel up to it down the road you can always change your mind. If you don't, then that's fine, too. You have given enough in this case, so don't ever feel otherwise. :takeabow:

I hope NONE of you gives up on this case, or on WS! You have all contributed a lot to the search for Johnny, and YES... he does need to be found.
You made a very good point, Peek... while he may be capable of a lot of things and surviving by himself in his hometown, he's not home anymore... he's in a strange place surrounded by strange people and strange things.
Finding a pay phone is difficult anywhere these days... and someone who has a speech impediment trying to ask to borrow a phone... imagine how that would come across to a lot of store employees! AFAIK, not many homeless people carry cell phones, so getting TO a phone would be a problem.
I still pray every day that he will be found.
And Nonni, you take care of YOU!!

So um if I ever go missing, can Nonni, Peekerfoo and fabgod be in charge? HahA

peekerfoo, I've gotten attached to you and others in this thread. I love people that have compassion for lost 44 year old black guys with a speech impediment.
I hope you will stay with us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back