SC SC - Marjorie 'Gayle' McCaffrey, 36, West Ashley, 18 March 2012 *husband guilty*

Since they took the kids (also have never heard of them taking so quickly), it seems that his "story" isn't being believed by the police either...

All the articles I've found state the husband said a verbal fight or disagreement happened (no direct quotes). I'd bet my last quid that if he specifically stated 'verbal' that physical abuse was afoot the night she disappeared at least.

Most people who aren't thinking about trivializing their behaviour would state they'd had a fight or a disagreement without quantifying what type of altercation in my opinion.

As if I needed more red flags but that for me is a huge one.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/20/charleston-county-investigators-searching-missing--ar-3442408/

Deputies questioned McCaffrey about his last minute trip to Pickens County and were told that he was very emotional and distressed and wanted to get some space and time away. He further stated that they had been trying to save their marrigae and it was "on the rocks." He added that he frequents their Pickens County home "frequently" and for business, because he does a lot of traveling int he upstate.

In the comments of this article her sister says they do not have a home in Pickens county. So I wonder what he is calling "home" there? I'm hoping they are doing searches in that area.

Sounds like he had to dump her body, got caught speeding and had to make up a reason for being in that area - JMO!

I'm really getting tired of cases that start like this, but more importantly, end like I feel this one will.

Maybe the older child was able to allude to any arguing/fighting that ensued that afternoon/evening...or was able to indicate the mother was fearful or upset. And it was felt that they needed to be removed from the home while this situation was investigated??
Very odd, hope it turns out better than I fear it will.

Sounds like he had to dump her body, got caught speeding and had to make up a reason for being in that area - JMO!

Sounds right to me. Unless he tried to get caught for a bizarro alibi. 30 min isn't a lot of time to clean up/dump a body so he could make the argument that he was "busy" traveling the whole night. I think that is stupid thinking, though. and hard to pull off. JMO.

I am not from that area- it looks like the route he takes is fairly rural...is it? There might be a lot of suitable areas to hide someone/something.

I still want to hear from the neighbors. It looks like their Charleston home is a regular suburb and in my neighborhood, people would hear loud arguments and people would see cars leaving, people walking out, etc. He sounds like he is trying to stick to the timeline as much as possible (with the speeding ticket).

BUT--:waitasec:- I don't want to be closed minded here, and as much as hubby's story sounds hinky, it could still be possible that she walked out herself. I forgot, is her car missing?? I could see her going out to the front yard for some fresh air or talk on the phone or something and someone snatches her. Or, if she was truly disturbed by the fight maybe she acted out of character and went somewhere without the kids figuring she would be back before they woke?? Unlikely but we should think about all the possible scenarios.

I would like to see some interviews with close friends/relatives re: the marriage issues, finances, etc.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/20/charleston-county-investigators-searching-missing--ar-3442408/

Deputies questioned McCaffrey about his last minute trip to Pickens County and were told that he was very emotional and distressed and wanted to get some space and time away. He further stated that they had been trying to save their marrigae and it was "on the rocks." He added that he frequents their Pickens County home "frequently" and for business, because he does a lot of traveling int he upstate.

In the comments of this article her sister says they do not have a home in Pickens county. So I wonder what he is calling "home" there? I'm hoping they are doing searches in that area.

--that's quite a ridiculous stmt. to make to LE then by robert, surely he knows LE will check out this place in pickens county immediatley.

--marjorie's sister also says , on her F/B, that the kids are in seperate foster homes, even family can't see them until thursday.

--thank God LE took them away from him a.s.a.p. and they are safe somewhere.

--the 10 year old in particular may have info on just what he was up to from the time he returned sunday morning at 6:30------until he called LE 11 hours later , at 5:45 p.m.

gayle.jpg

--(marjorie) Gayle McCaffrey
http://www.live5news.com/story/17193202 ... =printable

--video w/ sheriff interview @ link

Gayle McCaffrey's family released the following statement Monday:

"Our sister, Gayle McCaffrey, has been missing over 24 hours since early Sunday morning. We are very concerned for her well-being. This is extremely out of character for Gayle, who has immediate family including two small children, as well as extended family and friends in the area, whom she loves very much. She has held a position at the Citadel for the last seven years. If anyone has seen her or has any information, please contact the police immediately. Gayle, if this message reaches you, we love you very much and are worried; please let us know that you are safe.
We would appreciate you joining us in prayer for our sister, Gayle McCaffrey."

I'll venture to say the 2:00 A.M ticket will tighten up his time line it will screw him. That's why the police released it. JMO

All I have to say on this one - "i'll bet my left leg".

Travelers Rest has the HUGE Paris Mountain State Park and a further NE Lake Robinson and the Greer Reservoir.

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 37
According to the traffic ticket, it states the time was 0215 and distance from intersection was 25.5 feet. It appears the ticket was given on Hwy 25 near the intersection of Club. The only "Club" I found was Club Drive, also known as County Road 723,north of State Park Rd in Travelers Rest.

i'm assuming that from his home to Easley is 3 hours 40 minutes, going the SPEED LIMIT... i wonder what someone could cut that time down to if they were in a panic and driving really really fast. that could give them a little extra time to dispose of a body once they got where they were going. ETA - the ticket says he was going 64 in a 45, so he was hauling $%^ for sure!

how far is it (timewise) from their home to Travelers Rest (assuming someone was going the speed limit)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back