SC SC - Marjorie 'Gayle' McCaffrey, 36, West Ashley, 18 March 2012 *husband guilty*

Not only does his story "not jive" but he is "not cooperating" with LE either. That is probably why the kids were not left with him.

I'm having problems with all of this info: They had dinner at the house(Although he said they went out) her aunt was there as well. Aunt saying that he got a call during dinner and Gayle was upset, also that Gayle found her husbands emails chatting with another woman. BUT, this "note" said she wanted to be with something else?

The 911 call did sound very calm I agree, and also agree I didn't like his comment when asked my the 911 operator "Does your wife have any medical of mental conditions?" His reply was " other then putting up with me, no" and has a giggle after that. NOT GOOD WHEN YOUR WIFE IS MISSING.

However, with neighbors and family members talking about this man, he seems very nice and helpful etc etc. But now he's not cooperating???? FLAGS ARE GOING OFF EVERYWHERE FOR ME. IMO

I can't help but wonder if the husband likes "midnight camping trips".

Seriously, that's the path I feel like we're heading down right now.

Poor Marjorie. :(

If the husband is having an affair of some sort, they need to find the other woman. Who's to say he didn't talk to her on his long drive and she did something while he was on the road? Just thinking of other ways things could have gone wrong. Find the husband for petes sake.

I bet the investigators have already found the other woman.

I'm having problems with all of this info: They had dinner at the house(Although he said they went out) her aunt was there as well. Aunt saying that he got a call during dinner and Gayle was upset, also that Gayle found her husbands emails chatting with another woman. BUT, this "note" said she wanted to be with something else?

The 911 call did sound very calm I agree, and also agree I didn't like his comment when asked my the 911 operator "Does your wife have any medical of mental conditions?" His reply was " other then putting up with me, no" and has a giggle after that. NOT GOOD WHEN YOUR WIFE IS MISSING.

However, with neighbors and family members talking about this man, he seems very nice and helpful etc etc. But now he's not cooperating???? FLAGS ARE GOING OFF EVERYWHERE FOR ME. IMO
This isn't enough for me. Perpetrators of these crimes are often able to be chameleons and portray themselves as benevolent, charming, helpful, etc.

The people who usually know the truth are those in the immediate family - others see what the perpetrator allows them to see. MOO

Thanks- you beat me to it. I don't know what normal people are supposed to sound like, but he makes a small (lame) joke in the call and that is a little weird to me. But then again, not sure what I would do.
He also says he leaves at 9:30 not 10:00.
He is very quiet- tired from the night before? Emotionally drained? IDK.

It sounds more to me like he's trying to come across "devastated".

I think husband and Gayle went out to LUNCH, then later they had dinner w/aunt at their home (?).

I also didn't like the "joke" on the 911 call about "other than putting up with me" nonsense.

Just a question for all of you folks:

So, lets say your significant other talks about leaving you, leaves you and you find a note saying that he/she is going off with someone else.

Do you call 911? I am not trying to be argumentative or skeptical, I am really curious whether you would call in a missing persons.

If I was in that circumstance, I don't see myself reporting it because they told me they were leaving and they left. No crime has been committed.

Now, in this case- and if he is telling the truth- what would be the motive of calling it in if she truly left on her own to a better life?

I think husband and Gayle went out to LUNCH, then later they had dinner w/aunt at their home (?).

I also didn't like the "joke" on the 911 call about "other than putting up with me" nonsense.

--earlier reports did say they had gone out to eat sat. afternoon, timeline here says it was at 2:30.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/...-investigators-searching-missing--ar-3442408/

Timeline of Marjorie Gayle McCaffrey's disappearance:
Saturday, March 17, 2:30 p.m. - Robert and Gayle McCaffrey go out to eat Saturday afternoon. Robert says after returning both get into a verbal argument and takes a walk around the neighborhood.

Saturday, March 17, 7:45 p.m. - Robert told deputies he returned from his walk and sees his wife on the bed who ignores him
Saturday, March 17, 10 p.m. -According to Robert, he leaves their West Ashley home and heads to their home in Easley, SC.

Sunday, March 18, 2:15 a.m. - Authorities say Robert is issued a speeding ticket in Traveler's Rest.

Sunday, March 18, 6:30 a.m. - Robert says he returns home with his wife nowhere to be found.

Sunday, March 18, 5:19 p.m. - The Charleston County Sheriff's Office respond to a home on Limestone Boulevard and meet with Robert McCaffrey who tells them his wife is missing.

Just a question for all of you folks:

So, lets say your significant other talks about leaving you, leaves you and you find a note saying that he/she is going off with someone else.

Do you call 911? I am not trying to be argumentative or skeptical, I am really curious whether you would call in a missing persons.

If I was in that circumstance, I don't see myself reporting it because they told me they were leaving and they left. No crime has been committed.

Now, in this case- and if he is telling the truth- what would be the motive of calling it in if she truly left on her own to a better life?

And, does she have a cell phone? Did he try calling it before calling 911. Did he try to contact the family? This is where my FLAGS are flying. IMO

Yeah, the last thing I would do is call 911 if I had a note that my spouse had decided to leave me...what is 911 supposed to do about that? I think his calling 911 may be his downfall, IMO...

respectfully snipped...

lauriej said:
Saturday, March 17, 10 p.m. -According to Robert, he leaves their West Ashley home and heads to their home in Easley, SC.

and he doesn't even HAVE a house in Easley! :what:

oh gosh... another "eraser" husband... :maddening:

and he's not cooperating! Surprise, Surprise!! :banghead:

Can anyone find which direction he was headed when he got the ticket? The ticket is posted here http://www.foxcarolina.com/link/548651/speeding-ticket

But there's no direction listed. I'm in Greenville and you wouldn't take 25 thru Travelers Rest to get to Brevard (his weekly route). The sad part is she could be anywhere between Charleston and TR.

--if, as he originally told LE, he was going to the place in easley ( which turned out to be her aunt/uncle's house ) why did he then travel an additional 20 miles north east and on up to traveller's rest?

--leaving home at 9:30 0r 10, he seriously barely had time to get there, and turn around, to be back by 6:30 a.m.

--then again, now that we know LE wasn't called until after 5 p.m. i guess we have only his word that he was in fact home at that time.

cluciano63 - Yeah, the last thing I would do is call 911 if I had a note that my spouse had decided to leave me...what is 911 supposed to do about that? I think his calling 911 may be his downfall, IMO...

Y'know, not that I WANT the perps to become smart and figure this out, but isn't it ironic how backwards these cases seem to be?

Wife missing -- call 911 immediately and tell them they left for another man.

Child/baby missing - drive around for hours/days/months "searching" on your own before calling 911.

:waitasec:

There are so many things that just don't add up with this story. First of all, if he wanted to get rid of the body, there is miles of wooded area a mile from the home in Charleston - he would not need to drive to the upstate to get rid of her. Also, the aunt & uncle who live at the address in Easley, which is actually a little place called "Dacusville" - said they have not seen him - so evidently that is not where he went Saturday night when he "says" he left. A friend said he had been working in Brevard NC and also talking to someone on the internet - could the person he's talking to possibly live in the upstate of South Carolina or western North Carolina - and that is where he went. The media says today that he has "lawyered up" and is not cooperating. I really hope they keep the children in protective custody. No one knows what these children have seen or heard. Her family seems to be standing behind the husband saying that he would never do anything, so if the children went to one of them - they may let him be around them, which would not be a good thing. I do beleive when you are personally involved in a tragic situation, it is hard for you to think clearly. One of the sister's said on a news interview yesterday, something like - "We are just not a family like that." I have a hard time understanding that, things like this happen to all kinds of people, families - just because you live a quiet, middle class life - doesn't mean something like this could not happen to you or a loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back