SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frady, who had Dills and Davis on two separate phones, acted as the intermediary.

“She called me when she was at the exit for Kings Mountain on Highway 74,” Frady said. “I called Shane Davis, then he called Shelby PD.”

According to Frady, the Shelby Police Department had officers near the Shelby Ingles on westbound U.S. 74, or West Dixon Boulevard and Polkville Road. Twenty short minutes after Dills’ initial call to her boss, Shelby officers pulled Roof over near Plato Lee Road.

http://www.shelbystar.com/20150618/...charleston-shooting-suspects-arrest/306189896

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Roof-charged-2/page77&highlight=Dylann+Roof
Simmons was shot at least 6 times - areas of arms, chest, shoulder, back.
Ms. Coleman-Singleton was shot at least five times.
Ms. Middleton-Doctor suffered at least eight gunshot wounds.
Cynthia Graham Hurd. Presnell says she had at least 7 gunshot wounds to the body.
Susie Jackson. Presnell says she had at least 10 gunshot wounds to the left side of her body.
Myra Thompson. She had at least 8 gunshot wounds to her body.
Total number of gunshot wounds to the 9 victims = at least 60.

"At least?" What the...? Isn't it the coroner's job to find out exactly how many rounds the victims were hit with?

Why didn't the defense lawyer cross-examine the witnesses about this?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-dylann-roof-suicide-attempt-20150620-story.html
Suspected gunman Dylann Roof tried to kill himself, according to the son of one of the victims.
"He pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger, but it went 'click,'" because the chamber was empty, said Kevin Singleton, the son of 59-year-old Myra Thompson. ...
Singleton said he and his family were told the story by Polly Sheppard, 69

Why haven't they played this 911 call for the jury?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/u...ction=article&isLoggedIn=false&pgtype=article
In the pastor’s office, Mr. Pinckney’s wife (Jennifer), who had been waiting patiently with their younger daughter, turned off the lights, locked the door, hugged her child close and called 911.

Why didn't the defense lawyer cross-examine the witnesses about this?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-dylann-roof-suicide-attempt-20150620-story.html
Suspected gunman Dylann Roof tried to kill himself, according to the son of one of the victims.
"He pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger, but it went 'click,'" because the chamber was empty, said Kevin Singleton, the son of 59-year-old Myra Thompson. ...
Singleton said he and his family were told the story by Polly Sheppard, 69

Why haven't they played this 911 call for the jury?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/u...ction=article&isLoggedIn=false&pgtype=article
In the pastor’s office, Mr. Pinckney’s wife (Jennifer), who had been waiting patiently with their younger daughter, turned off the lights, locked the door, hugged her child close and called 911.

bbm, Because it's pointless. jmo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Roof-charged-2/page77&highlight=Dylann+Roof
Cynthia Graham Hurd. Presnell says she had at least 7 gunshot wounds to the body.
Susie Jackson. Presnell says she had at least 10 gunshot wounds to the left side of her body.

"At least?" What the...? Isn't it the coroner's job to find out exactly how many rounds the victims were hit with?

As someone said above..Does it matter?? It only takes one shot if hit in the right place..However..the #'s of shots each victim received indicates intent ..( unless you've actually attending an autopsy, which I doubt)..You have no idea how said tracks are actually measured with multiple gunshot wounds) ..their tracks often intersect..compound that with entrance and exit wounds...

It's next to impossible to be precise..however..they can identify just which wounds caused damages..that lead to COD by such internal damages caused.

You surely aren't dismissing that these victim's died from gunshot wounds? ? SMH :facepalm:

IIRC, one of the links provided upthread indicated that there were fragments also in the bodies and the ME could not determine whether they were from one bullet or many. Or something to this effect. I will try and find the post/link when I can. I am not sure how exactly they determine re-entry wounds. My experience in treating GSW patients has been with through and through wounds and lodged bullets.

Presnell says she had at least 10 gunshot wounds to the left side of her body.

No, that is not what the Coroner's job is. Whre on earth did you get that idea?

The Coroners job is to determine the manner and cause of death, and this Coroner has done that.

Every person shot at the scene was shot multiple times with hollow pointed bullets. [Are you disputing that?]

If the Coroner in this case was saying [re any single one of the deceased] 'I know EXACTLY which bullet did what damage and Exactly which bullet fragmented in EXACTLY what way and EXACTLY which bullet caused death and how it did so', I suspect you would be first in line to question such certainty.

eta typo

So no one knows exactly how many bullets hit the deceased victims? Sorry, but that's a sign of the sloppiness of this investigation. Just count the number of entrance wounds. Is it that hard?

Also, did witness Polly Shepard even ID Roof as the shooter? No, I don't think she did.

------------------------

Stop me before I quibble again!

So no one knows exactly how many bullets hit the deceased victims? Sorry, but that's a sign of the sloppiness of this investigation. Just count the number of entrance wounds. Is it that hard?

Also, did witness Polly Shepard even ID Roof as the shooter? No, I don't think she did.

------------------------

Coroner doesn't have to account for every bullet fragment and every pathway the bullets and fragments travel. They determine the mode and the cause of death. I think the coroner/medical examiner did a very good job with the determination.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

------------------------

I imagine it can be that hard actually.

------------------------

BBM Oh... you ARE impossible starviego...:slap:.....there you go-- nitpicking again. :facepalm:

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 8h8 hours ago
The charge conference is set to begin any minute now. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

In fact, the judge is now on the bench and that conference begins. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 8h8 hours ago
Judge Richard Gergel returns to courtroom. Charge conference now underway in #DylannRoof's federal death penalty trial. #chsnews #RoofTrial

"Sometimes, we lawyers overthink these things," Gergel tells the gov't. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Judge wants to go through all of the charges #DylannRoof faces and see if there are any objections. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Prosecution says they have some issues with the wording of some of the charges. #chsnews #RoofTrial

The gov't was hoping to change the wording of one of the charges to make it clearer for jurors. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 7h7 hours ago
Gergel explains to prosecution what he thinks the wording means, "Sometimes I think we lawyers overthink these things." #chsnews #RoofTrial

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 7h7 hours ago
Gov't says there are some small typographical issues. They're going through that now. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Gergel smiles and laughs and tells the gov't prosecutor that her English might be a little better than his. @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Govt brings more wording - difference between "used or discharged firearm" vs "used and discharged firearm". #chsnews #RoofTrial

Judge allows change in wording so it reads, "used AND discharged firearm." No objections from defense. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Govt now asks judge to strike a portion of charge that references the credibility of the defendant's statement. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Prosecution seems to just have some wording concerns. Majority are corrected. Prosecution wraps up its requests. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Now, it's Bruck's turn to offer suggestions to the charge. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Here's a Tweet from Monday. Just searched that phrase. Here's what I found: http://thetandd.com/news/faces-plac...cle_0d6e1883-152a-5d1b-bc1b-fda840b1e109.html … #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

CzqL3tpWQAAMW6r.jpg:large

Defense submitted an additional charge. Doesn't want jury looking at other churches mentioned in evidence, just Emanuel. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Defense also wants to change a word in a charge to the jury that references interstate commerce. #chsnews #RoofTrial

As counsel goes through the charges, #DylannRoof sits w/ head up. Doesn't appear to be looking down at desk as he has. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Judge now asks for any concerns regarding the verdict. No major objections from Govt. No objections from defense. #chsnews #RoofTrial

No objections to Judge Gergel's verdict form from gov't or defense. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

He says it should make sure jury is "very deliberate and formal." #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

First, some talk about what they'll do with the alternate jurors. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Prosecution asks about alternate jurors. Gergel says they'll separate 6 alternates from 12 jurors during deliberation. #chsnews #RoofTrial

Gergel says they'd be right back in the jury box for a sentencing phase. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Once the 12 jurors render a verdict, all will be brought into courtroom, including 6 alts. #chsnews #RoofTrial

This means some of those 6 alternative jurors COULD be on panel of 12 jurors for the sentencing phase (if it happens). #chsnews #RoofTrial

With that, court is in recess until 9:30 a.m. when closing arguments will happen. #chsnews #RoofTrial
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 4h4 hours ago
Just released: photo of Roof wearing what looks like a pillow case fashioned into a KKK hood. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Czq_L4MWEAQ9Yu0.jpg

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 3h3 hours ago
Also just released, photos of Roof disrespecting the African-American Monument at the State House. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

CzrDlpcXAAcqEXB.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CzrDlpcXAAoacoj.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CzrDlpeXcAAnAlQ.jpg

had K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 3h3 hours ago
Here's another photo from the State House. Gov't said this was found on a camera at Roof's mother's home. @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

CzrEBqSWQAE_OKa.jpg

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 3h3 hours ago
Here's another newly released photo featuring the hood. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

CzrEWXYWQAAYEvQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member