SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://twitter.com/CourtTV
#CourtTV - FULL VIDEO HERE:

View attachment 483066

Posted at 3:27 PM, February 13, 2024 and last updated 4:34 PM, February 13, 2024
I have never, ever in my life seen a Defendant charged with Double Homicide (of his own family) be treated with such kit gloves and allowed to turn himself in after a nice leisurely lunch.

Anybody else (especially a minority) would have been cuffed and shoved in the back of the car with little to no regard. Sickening. The entitlement of this one is greater than words can convey.

JMO

I have never, ever in my life seen a Defendant charged with Double Homicide (of his own family) be treated with such kit gloves and allowed to turn himself in after a nice leisurely lunch.

Anybody else (especially a minority) would have been cuffed and shoved in the back of the car with little to no regard. Sickening. The entitlement of this one is greater than words can convey.

JMO
I think this arrest was for a financial crime and they had not yet brought charges against him for murder. If I remember correctly. But yes, I agree, they definitely treated him with kid gloves.

JMO
I was especially surprised that the arresting officer allowed Murdaugh to swallow a pill after he was in police custody. I was under the impression that once someone was arrested, any medication had to be administered by police or jail officials.

I think this arrest was for a financial crime and they had not yet brought charges against him for murder. If I remember correctly. But yes, I agree, they definitely treated him with kid gloves.
You are absolutely correct that was in Oct 2021, he wasn't arrested on the murder charges until July of 2022.

Yes, a little bit of news but not what we need. Even with the attention the case got after the AM trial, it seems like it is cold again. Absent a confession, I'm afaid it will go unsolved. Sad for Sandy and family. I'm not familiar with Austin Stanley and don't read everything FITSNews posts so I don't know what was said about him. With his affair with Nikki Haley, Will has gotten unwelcome notoriety lately, I suppose.

In fairness, Nikki Haley categorically denied she ever had an affair with Will Folks. She did at the time and continues to deny it today.
I will add that this was SC politics at the time, and by that I mean, no girls were wanted in the good ole boys-only club at the State House.
Will Folks has always been about Will Folks. He likes the spotlight to shine on him and whenever it starts to dim, he will find someway to insert himself again. The veracity of the story he spins is of little interest to him.

I’ve been wondering about the status of BH. Will continue to see if I find more but short of SLED coming out with something, this seems to indicate for the foreseeable future, status quo in the CollCo courthouse. Anyone in S.C. finding more current news updates?

SLED says jury tampering investigation into Becky Hill still 'active' and ongoing​

S.C. State police confirmed in early January they were conducting two, separate criminal investigations into Hill, who oversaw the double murder trial of disgraced Hampton attorney Murdaugh, and was the subject of a hearing to consider granting him a retrial.

… Renee Wunderlich, director of Public Information for the S.C. Law Enforcement Division (SLED), stated that SLED had two open investigations into Hill: "1) regarding her alleged interactions with the jury in the State vs. Richard Alexander Murdaugh and 2) regarding allegations she used her elected position for personal gain." …. <snipped>

Will Becky Hill remain in office in Colleton County?​

Hill is in the final year of her first four-year term as the elected Clerk of Court for Colleton County. The seat is up for re-election in November.

During a recent conversation with The Hampton County Guardian, before the latest allegations, Hill stated that she did not plan to run for public office again.

Hill has not been indicted or convicted of any criminal charges, nor officially sanctioned for ethics violations.

Unless Hill chooses to resign from office, she is likely to remain there until November. In South Carolina an elected official is usually only removed from office by an act of the governor, and typically only when that official is facing official criminal or ethics charges.

Last edited:
In fairness, Nikki Haley categorically denied she ever had an affair with Will Folks. She did at the time and continues to deny it today.
I will add that this was SC politics at the time, and by that I mean, no girls were wanted in the good ole boys-only club at the State House.
Will Folks has always been about Will Folks. He likes the spotlight to shine on him and whenever it starts to dim, he will find someway to insert himself again. The veracity of the story he spins is of little interest to him.
Just because Folks said it does not make it true

https://twitter.com/CourtTV
#CourtTV - FULL VIDEO HERE:

View attachment 483066

Posted at 3:27 PM, February 13, 2024 and last updated 4:34 PM, February 13, 2024
Did they let him change? Wondering how the stripes on his shirt are so magic at changing direction??

What happened to Curtis Edward 'Cousin Eddie' Smith?
Curtis Edward Smith, indicted in late 2021 on drug and money laundering charges, as well as charges related to Murdaugh's September 2021 roadside shooting insurance scam, remains on bond and house arrest in rural Colleton County.

Like Roberts and Rivers, Smith was allegedly a cog in Murdaugh's drug distribution network and an alleged frequent check casher in the money laundering schemes.

However, Smith's attorney has indicated in previous interviews that her client is fully cooperating with the Murdaugh-related investigations.

"The charges are still pending on Curtis Edward Smith, but there are no hearings or trial dates yet," stated Robert Kittle, spokesperson for the S.C. Attorney General's Office, on Thursday.

Geldings will gallop and ponies will soon play where bourbon-soaked, millionaire lawyers once gathered for outdoor sport.

The remaining parcels of Moselle, the vast, rural Colleton County estate that became internationally known as the crime scene of the June 2021 Murdaugh family murders, is expected to be sold again -- this time to owners with big dreams of transforming it into a horse farm.

On Friday (Feb. 16) the J.P. King Auction Company and the Crosby Land Company announced that Moselle Estate, which included the "luxury home" and surrounding 21-plus acres on Moselle Road in Islandton, S.C., is under contract for $1 million.

At the buyer’s request, the buyer's name will not be released, said J.P. King and Crosby Land in a joint release, but the buyer has multiple business offices in South Carolina and plans to develop the Moselle Estate for use as a horse farm.

The custom-built home and land were part of a more than 1,700-acre property sold in March 2023 to James A. Ayer and Jeffrey L. Godley. This 21-acre portion reportedly does not include the kennel area where the Murdaugh murders occurred.

I’ve been wondering about the status of BH. Will continue to see if I find more but short of SLED coming out with something, this seems to indicate for the foreseeable future, status quo in the CollCo courthouse. Anyone in S.C. finding more current news updates?

SLED says jury tampering investigation into Becky Hill still 'active' and ongoing​

S.C. State police confirmed in early January they were conducting two, separate criminal investigations into Hill, who oversaw the double murder trial of disgraced Hampton attorney Murdaugh, and was the subject of a hearing to consider granting him a retrial.

… Renee Wunderlich, director of Public Information for the S.C. Law Enforcement Division (SLED), stated that SLED had two open investigations into Hill: "1) regarding her alleged interactions with the jury in the State vs. Richard Alexander Murdaugh and 2) regarding allegations she used her elected position for personal gain." …. <snipped>

Will Becky Hill remain in office in Colleton County?​

Hill is in the final year of her first four-year term as the elected Clerk of Court for Colleton County. The seat is up for re-election in November.

During a recent conversation with The Hampton County Guardian, before the latest allegations, Hill stated that she did not plan to run for public office again.

Hill has not been indicted or convicted of any criminal charges, nor officially sanctioned for ethics violations.

Unless Hill chooses to resign from office, she is likely to remain there until November. In South Carolina an elected official is usually only removed from office by an act of the governor, and typically only when that official is facing official criminal or ethics charges.

It's funny because Becky Hill is apparently also the name of an English pop star. Every time I google her to see if there are any updates, I'm briefly startled to learn that she has a new album coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500