SC SC - Scott family of four, ages 59-82, Pendleton, 1 Nov 2015

Would love to know more details about the "piece of burnt fabric from burn pile in yard" especially. Which yard? The deceased or the daughter and son-in-law who lived right behind them?

wow, there was a LOT of cash on hand. Also on one of the last SW's it mentioned a camera on a porch. I hope that has some useable evidence.

You're right, that is a LOT of cash to keep in your home. I had a grandfather who kept money in his freezer, inside coffee cans in the pantry, all kinds of places because he lived through the Depression and didn't trust the banks. Maybe they were like that? Seems kind of odd though.

I found that by searching the names of Cathy's daughter and son-in-law, who were named in the article above. According to the search warrants, Amy and her husband live in the singlewide mobile home which sits behind the home in which the murders occurred (and shares the same address).

I honestly thought this would be solved quickly. Must be more complicated that it seemed in the beginning. Then again, maybe not.

wow, there was a LOT of cash on hand.

Lots of guns and bladed weapons too. But NO gold mentioned.

2 gold testing kits seized but NO gold.

A bit strange for a gold dealer. I would have expected gold in some form or another, ie coins or ingots, or even just broken jewellery bought for melting and refining.

Why were multiple search warrants needed beyond the second one that was expanded to include electronics, cash, jewelry, meds, etc. You would think everything would have been collected at that point. Also the same types of items were collected with every warrant except the storage unit. Why didn't they collect ALL weapons/ammo/phones/electronics as allowed by the 1st warrant?

Also, they had that much cash on hand and they lived in trailers??? They found $21k in cash in the master, not even secured in the safe?

The fact that they had well over 20 phones to me suggests they were dealing in more than just gold, but if that is the case it must have been well hidden because I didn't see any drugs recovered in the inventory, except possibly the "purple pill container & pills).

Lots of guns and bladed weapons too. But NO gold mentioned.

2 gold testing kits seized but NO gold.

A bit strange for a gold dealer. I would have expected gold in some form or another, ie coins or ingots, or even just broken jewellery bought for melting and refining.

In one of the search warrants it says a "bag of yellow metal jewelry" and another says a "bag of yellow metal watches:. So there was "some" gold found. I thought it was interesting that they found 4 GSR kits, why would they need to know if they have gun shot residue on their hands...unless they have or were planning to shoot someone?

The fact that they had well over 20 phones to me suggests they were dealing in more than just gold, but if that is the case it must have been well hidden because I didn't see any drugs recovered in the inventory, except possibly the "purple pill container & pills).

That struck me as well - the gold dealing as a cover for dealing in something else, eg illegal firearms dealing.

Looking back through the warrants I notice that an unspecified amount of jewellery was seized from the safe, but that might be genuinely own property rather than trade stuff. I really would expect bullion in the form of coins and/or ingots if this was a genuine gold dealing business.

The other thing which they don't list but which I would expect to see in a gold dealing business is a set of jeweller's scales for precisely weighing (down to one-tenth or one-hundredth of a gramme) gold in any form. Needless to say those could also be used for precisely weighing drugs, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that trade.

Investigators are closer to identifying suspects in unsolved Pendleton quadruple homicide

http://www.independentmail.com/story/news/crime/2017/11/02/anderson-county-deputies-seek-help-unsolved-pendleton-quadruple-homicide/824915001/

Anderson County Sheriff Chad McBride said Thursday that investigators have "identified who we believe are the suspects" in an unsolved quadruple homicide — the gunning down of a family in a rural neighborhood near Pendleton.

But McBride said his agency needs more evidence before officers can disclose suspects' names or make arrests in the case.

Pam Isbell, the sister of Michael Scott and the daughter of Barbara Scott, said she believes her family willingly let in whoever is responsible for their deaths.

"This was not a random act of violence," she said. "We believe our family members were targeted and murdered out of hatred and greed."

Investigators are closer to identifying suspects in unsolved Pendleton quadruple homicide

I did not see this article in the thread so I added it.
Anderson County Sheriff Chad McBride said Thursday that investigators have "identified who we believe are the suspects" in an unsolved quadruple homicide — the gunning down of a family in a rural neighborhood near Pendleton.
But McBride said his agency needs more evidence before officers can disclose suspects' names or make arrests in the case.

"If you know something, have a conscience and let your conscience speak," he said. "And if you don't, I pray that it gnaws at you every single day."
McBride declined to name the suspects or to say how many there are in this case.
[...]

McBride said his agency had gotten new information connected to the case, and described the findings as a "very beneficial examination" to move the investigation forward. He also said the Sheriff's Office is receiving help from federal agencies, but declined to say which ones. He would not offer specifics on how those agencies are assisting.

Pam Isbell, the sister of Michael Scott and the daughter of Barbara Scott, said she believes her family willingly let in whoever is responsible for their deaths.

"This was not a random act of violence," she said. "We believe our family members were targeted and murdered out of hatred and greed."

Nov 2019:

No arrests have been made, but Sgt. J.T. Foster with the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office told Dateline the department is hoping to be able to solve the Pendleton quadruple homicide case soon.

“We have found pieces of evidence that were sent to several different labs,” Sgt. Foster said. “The findings of that have led us to other labs and we are still waiting on those results.”

Sergeant Foster said the results from the labs could be the missing link to an arrest in the case.

Pendleton quadruple homicide remains unsolved four years after the brutal murders of four family members at their South Carolina home

As of December 2020 no arrest have been made. This is so disappointing for the family. Several civil lawsuits have been filed. Following the money or who wants it.

Is there another thread for this case or something? I can't understand why it doesn't get more comments. Is it ever gonna be solved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back