School District offers Family Thousands to keep Autistic student out of school.

Mahouston69 , I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Wishing this works out the way you want it too.

I wish the best for you and your son, and good luck in the fight for his rights.

What's the story with the force feeding, though? Was that legal treatment, authorised by the appropriate parties? I was quite alarmed by that.

I wish the best for you and your son, and good luck in the fight for his rights.

What's the story with the force feeding, though? Was that legal treatment, authorised by the appropriate parties? I was quite alarmed by that.

Absolutely not authorized. In fact, all of his dietary needs were to be handled by the 1:1 nurse, who reported the teacher. The teacher believed she could cure autistic sensory issues with food textures by forcing a "no thank you" bite. But, when he tried to spit out she covered his mouth with her hand, till he vomited.
The teacher has a history of abuse with non verbal students, but the school has retained her and fired 3 nurses, reassigned another who was a "team player", fired 2 principles, and 2 para educators behind this one administrators attempts to cover up for her teacher friend. The fired employees have all agreed to testify.
So, their last attempt to keep themselves out of court, at the advice of their inexperienced attorney was to bribe me, keep me quiet, and him and outside eyes out of school.

The "release" they hoped I would sign for $86,000

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
Wow! I'm shocked, but not really. I've had my own dealings with the CA public school system. I'm not shocked about the force feeding, but the bribery is appalling! My daughter works at a 'special' behavior modification public school. One where the students are restrained, placed in time outs in a rubber room etc, etc. unfortunately, the majority of these children do not have behavior problems, they have autism, ADHD and Aspergers. However, the school district sends them all over to the special school because they have no idea what to do with them. It's really really sad.

I am awed at your strength and perseverance as a mother, and as an advocate for your son. I hope and pray that you win your suit and your son receives the free public education that is his right. I also hope and pray that this helps other children in the same predicament. Simply put, the board of education needs to come up with a plan on how to educate each student to best meet their needs not the school or teachers needs. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Oh and BTW my daughter is torn, she wants to stay at her job to help these students, but also hates the schools 'rules' as far as discipline. Hopefully she can help make changes for the better at that facility.

I would think that at this level the CA Dept of Education is involved with the district and conducting their own investigation of the district's special ed practices...

Organized Efforts- Email Campaigns-Boycotts-Petitions:

Obviously members are free to take up any and all causes that are important to them in an effort to bring about change. But using Websleuths as a platform to promote organized efforts such as email campaigns, boycotts, letter writing,etc. are strictly forbidden without the consent of the forum owners.If you have written a letter or taken any action in support of a cause, please refrain from posting about it. Support of a particular cause must be approved by the owners prior to posting links or information regarding any such effort. Causes can be questionable in nature, even though they appear to be honorable on the surface.As it relates to using WS as a platform for promotion,the owners investigate the nature and source of such campaigns and make their own decisions as to the legitimacy of each cause. Please do not suggest,directly or indirectly, that members support any type of organized effort without getting approval from forum owners first.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

quite honestly I don't care much for the public school system anyway, I home schooled my children as much as I could. But I feel for you and your son.

I would think that at this level the CA Dept of Education is involved with the district and conducting their own investigation of the district's special ed practices...

I filed three separate complaints with CDE, they never did any direct investigation. They let districts, investigate themselves :(:banghead:

quite honestly I don't care much for the public school system anyway, I home schooled my children as much as I could. But I feel for you and your son.

He is doing fantastic being homeschooled by me, and private services coming to him. He's safer, happy and less stressed. I won't ever send him back. It's just wrong they did what they did, how they did it.

I feel terrible for other non verbal autistic students still in those classrooms without credentialed teachers, and no access to their communication devices.

After reading the release they want you to sign, I've gotta agree with you. There isn't a scenario I can imagine that would make me sign that!

I had no idea that public schools are mandated to educate young adults up to age 21. IMO, they should also pay for higher education up to 21 as well. It doesn't seem fair that some people get three additional years of instruction while others don't.

Hiya Mahouston69. :seeya:

Couple of questions...

Is your son 21 years old and if so could that be a reason for the district keeping him out since he's the age of an adult?

How long has this school district tried keeping your son out of the public school system...as in did it start before he turned 18?

I am so sorry this has happened to you!

Where I live kids are not allowed to attend public school after their 20th birthday, but I do think the kids with special needs are allowed attend much longer.
Kinda O/T...

I know the young man down the street from me still gets picked up by a special equipped school bus everyday during the school year. I know he is over 21!
I am almost certain he is 23 because I remember the day he was born. He was a patient at our office and one of the doctors I worked for was called to attend his delivery. - a big law suit followed, (not against the Dr I worked for)
He has cerebral palsy is non verbal and wheelchair bound.
He also requires round the clock nursing care.

Now I am curious whether they are taking him to school or some type of facility for care - maybe the county only has special equipped school buses available to transport him. Hmm...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

just throwing in more outrage and disgust at this district (and obviously beyond), and extra love and support for David and mahouston69.

He is doing fantastic being homeschooled by me, and private services coming to him. He's safer, happy and less stressed. I won't ever send him back. It's just wrong they did what they did, how they did it.

I feel terrible for other non verbal autistic students still in those classrooms without credentialed teachers, and no access to their communication devices.

I do too. In fact I recall my daughter in 4th grade and the teacher belittled her all the time as she had ADD and took meds for it. I went one day and sat in school with her the whole day just to get an idea of how things went. Of course nothing happens the day I am there. The next day my daughter goes to class and the teacher says "Oh so no mommy here to protect you today?" and then at recess she specifically tells her to go outside and play with her friends, then says "Oh wait, I forgot you have no friends".
This was after numerous complaints from me to the administration etc. Needless to say, I said to Hell with Public schools, and this is how they were treating kids in normal classes, I hate to think of how they are treated in a special ed class. Just horrible!

I do too. In fact I recall my daughter in 4th grade and the teacher belittled her all the time as she had ADD and took meds for it. I went one day and sat in school with her the whole day just to get an idea of how things went. Of course nothing happens the day I am there. The next day my daughter goes to class and the teacher says "Oh so no mommy here to protect you today?" and then at recess she specifically tells her to go outside and play with her friends, then says "Oh wait, I forgot you have no friends".
This was after numerous complaints from me to the administration etc. Needless to say, I said to Hell with Public schools, and this is how they were treating kids in normal classes, I hate to think of how they are treated in a special ed class. Just horrible!

:hug: Your post made me physically ill. That teacher is a sadist. That was an experience that should have been recorded on a wire of some kind.

:hug: Your post made me physically ill. That teacher is a sadist. That was an experience that should have been recorded on a wire of some kind.

Yea I agree, and the thing is I did send my daughter with a recorder once, but of course the teacher confiscated it. This was in Tulsa Oklahoma and quite honestly there were few teachers at this school that were not this way. I could tell you so many stories but in the end I took my kids out of school as this was not doing anything but hurting them.

Just wanted to add: ON a good note both my daughters that attended that school are so much better off after being home schooled. My oldest who was the 4th grader now resides in Costa Rica and lives in a nice home with a nice man and a 5 month old baby, she's been there 6 yrs now.

This just make any sense to me Is it because he is 21?

mahouston69 - if you don't have a parent advocate - get yourself one! Your school district has an obligation to FAPE, by law. I don't know what the rules are in your state regarding turning 21, here, if a SPED student turns 21 after the start of the school year they are able to complete that school year. Good luck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back