Science is not biased (in unbiased hands)

There is also the presumption that a sexual assault would be by a man, perpetrated upon Rebecca, a woman.

IMO, there is a serious lack of imagination from authorities such as Gore, that sexual assault could have occurred perpetrated by a WOMAN upon Rebecca.

Men aren't the only gender capable of sexual assault. Sex assault by a woman upon a woman yield a whole DIFFERENT quality and quantity of evidence.

I don't for a minute believe Rebecca was the victim of a random or violent homosexual assault. I believe Rebecca was assaulted in a way to sexually humiliate her, and the evidence POINTS to another woman. That is a whole different perspective, that would NOT show up on a traditional "sex assault" exam. But it is STILL "sexual assault" IMO.

It's also "regular" assault, IMO. Violent assault.

A person can be sexually assaulted with a foreign object. Depending on how violently the object was used it may or may not leave visible evidence of a vaginal assault or trace evidence from the object.

As stated above in this thread, a non vaginal assault can occur leaving DNA evidence on something like panties. I still cannot believe the panties were not tested and simply because of Jonah's words. I don't even have to believe a sexual assault occurred to question why the panties were not tested. Panties found at a crime scene in a quest house, the person staying in the guest house reported finding the victim and also claimed to be watching *advertiser censored* right before finding the victim should have been tested if this was indeed an unbiased investigation.

So much attention/posts related to the baffling door MESSAGE whom the majority feel was written by someone OTHER than RZ.

How about another baffling statement.....Adam at around 8:00am Wed. morning inside the CPD Mobile truck with CPD Chief Scanlon and CPD Officer Kline present when Adam suddenly blurted out,"This is f-in crazy.I don't think my bedside manner is that bad -"

I think that startling statement by Adam should be part of the "assault investigation/profile" given that Adam said he took Ambien the night before plus his rope knot job experiences.
Adam made statements suggesting he was ALONE in the guesthouse from 8:02pm Tuesday night thru the next morning until he saw RZ body at around 6:35am.

• FAQ Number 2

Why didn’t we process the blood in the shower?

The condition of the master bedroom lead investigators to believe Rebecca may have been in the shower during the time leading up to her death. The blood drop was very small, and there was evidence Rebecca was experiencing menstrual bleeding, or “spotting,” at the time. Similar blood drops were found outside the door leading to the guest room where the incident occurred. Those samples were tested, and they were found to be from Rebecca. Since the master bedroom is in another part of the mansion, and there was no evidence at the scene of the event suggesting anyone else was bleeding other than Rebecca, this item was not tested.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

• FAQ Number 2

The condition of the master bedroom lead investigators to believe Rebecca may have been in the shower during the time leading up to her death. The blood drop was very small, and there was evidence Rebecca was experiencing menstrual bleeding, or “spotting,” at the time. Similar blood drops were found outside the door leading to the guest room where the incident occurred. Those samples were tested, and they were found to be from Rebecca. Since the master bedroom is in another part of the mansion, and there was no evidence at the scene of the event suggesting anyone else was bleeding other than Rebecca, this item was not tested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay....lets examine the craftily worded SDSO answer to their own question.

SDSO = RZ may have been in shower leading up to her death.....that's a very nebulous statement. Of course, RZ was in the shower BEFORE her death..."leading up to her death"....nonspecific answer again by SDSO.

SDSO = Similar blood drops were found outside the door leading to the guestroom. I'm not familiar with that location....there was blood found on the green/white towel in the hallway just outside the bathroom.

SDSO = Those samples (blood) were tested, and they were found to be from Rebecca. What test did you conduct to determine that they were from Rebecca and was the blood MENSTRUAL? Did you ever conduct any menstrual blood test?

SDSO states there was a drop of blood in the master bedroom shower. ONE DROP.
SDSO states there were drops of blood in front of the door leading to the "hanging room."

Thus, since not mentioned, apparently there were no drops of blood on the carpeting or floor between the master bedroom shower and the "hanging room" located down the hall, down the first flight of stairs, through the door, up the steps leading to the "hanging room" at the other end of the mansion. And there were also no drops of blood leading OUT and BACK from the mansion, either through the courtyard or the kitchen door, to the garage where she allegedly found the tow rope. IOW RZ traipsed around the interior and exterior of the mansion naked and menstruating, yet those are the ONLY drops of blood found??

Perhaps Mr Gore needs a refresher course on blood flow and gravity during menstruation. If indeed the blood WAS menstrual, and that was never proven since the blood was not analyzed, and considering her flow was heavy enough to flow down her thighs and appear in her vaginal area and perineum as per the AR, then this makes absolutely no *scientific* sense whatsoever.

===================================
Let me answer your question from my perspective. SWABS aren't necessarily the
only source to determine sexual assault. The point I raised a few posts up was GRUBB's statement there was no sexual assault by evidence from her body and swabs. I commented already about the RED FLAG signs on her body but I don't think the sexual assault was fully investigated....like many aspects of this case.

Pompous Thompson/Gore continued to run a "private" investigation with only bits of info released by his snippy Jan Caldwell from SDSO that supported the "suicide package." The other information came from media lawsuits to release Search Warrant info, polygraph test which produced known GORE LIES....Adam DID NOT PASS his poly, DINA WAS NOT on the Rady security video tapes late at night/early am on the dates in question,the MESSAGE was finally disclosed whereas Gore refused to show picture or announce the door MESSAGE at his big 9/2/11 PC. We learned more information via Ann Rule's book from the material Gore finally released to Bremner and the Zahau family. There is still MUCH MORE not yet released by bully Gore which to me signifies a RED FLAG.

I wish we knew the full extent of Dr.Wecht's autopsy so I can't comment if he tested or didn't test certain things. Cynic's point that the UNDERWEAR should've been tested is well founded because that was evidence in a homicide investigation (at the time) but Gore's "private" investigation and limited release of FACTS is quite revolting....why can't we KNOW which tests were performed that resulted in every blood spot found was menstrual or not? We have the drug results and which type of drugs were tested for but for BLOOD....seems HINKY to me. I read in Ann Rule's book that Adam's clothes/shoes were taken from the guesthouse that Wednesday but I haven't read what the results were or what TESTS were performed and if Adam's clothes/shoes picked up Wed. matched the clothes shown up on the security tapes at Rady Hospital and RMH Tuesday night.I brought up the washer/dryer inside the mansion to see if Adam's clothes/evidence could've been CLEANED or WASHED AWAY....there has been no mention of the washer/dryer.

ME Lucas was a "tool" for the Thompson/Gore "suicide package" and many KEY aspects of case he either downplayed,diminished or dismissed which I've outlined previously. If we just focus on the BLOOD .....important questions are not answered because ME Lucas doesn't make DEFINITIVE statements. ME Lucas
infers that RZ was menstruating but doesn't raise the questions....where were her pads/tampons if she was alone? Why wasn't there more blood found if indeed she was menstruating and could that be an indicator RZ died earlier than 3:00am? ME Lucas suggesting that the many abrasions on RZ back came from the branches of plants below the balcony and then later when Adam cut RZ down are both PURE SPECULATION....why not let forensic science tells us and more importantly why wasn't forensic science involved to determine the source of the serious "assault-like" abrasions of not only RZ BACK but the 4 separate scalp hemorrhages as well?

What's GRUBBS?

I've repeatedly stated and still agree that many things were not forensically examined/analyzed by SDLE. My point was that you can't convict a person based on the absence of evidence. Essentially that means only if evidence is *present* can you convict someone of a crime.

Furthermore, obviously there are cases wherein the absence of evidence doesn't prove that there was no crime either. For instance, a perp using a prop to sexually assault Rebecca might have left no physical evidence on her body or her underwear (and this is a bit graphic) *if* they inserted the prop so that it didn't leave any abrasions or marks on her body, and they got rid of the prop outside the Spreckels mansion, and had used gloves when handling her body and the prop.

But then, again, if we can't find evidence, then we can't convict someone of that sexual assault, right? Unless of course, they confess...

I never said swabs were the only external body evidence that may provide clues to a sexual assault.

I didn't read about the "RED FLAG" signs on her body that would indicate a sexual assault. What's the post #?

What's GRUBBS?

I've repeatedly stated and still agree that many things were not forensically examined/analyzed by SDLE. My point was that you can't convict a person based on the absence of evidence. Essentially that means only if evidence is *present* can you convict someone of a crime.

Furthermore, obviously there are cases wherein the absence of evidence doesn't prove that there was no crime either. For instance, a perp using a prop to sexually assault Rebecca might have left no physical evidence on her body or her underwear (and this is a bit graphic) *if* they inserted the prop so that it didn't leave any abrasions or marks on her body, and they got rid of the prop outside the Spreckels mansion, and had used gloves when handling her body and the prop.

But then, again, if we can't find evidence, then we can't convict someone of that sexual assault, right? Unless of course, they confess...

I never said swabs were the only external body evidence that may provide clues to a sexual assault.

I didn't read about the "RED FLAG" signs on her body that would indicate a sexual assault. What's the post #?
=========================
Grubbs - in Post #5 by Cynic refers to Crime Lab Director Michael Grubb who replaced Greg Thompson who was promoted to be Sheriff Advisor.

RED FLAGS of Assault = my post #8....3rd paragraph.

Yes, we need evidence to convict of sexual assault or any assault this is why ALL BLOOD should be tested and indicated by what test methods. The BLOOD in this case is like the saying in other cases..."follow the money."

Grubbs - in Post #5 by Cynic refers to Crime Lab Director Michael Grubb who replaced Greg Thompson who was promoted to be Sheriff Advisor.

Yes, we need evidence to convict of sexual assault or any assault this is why ALL BLOOD should be tested and indicated by what test methods. The BLOOD in this case is like the saying in other cases..."follow the money."

Thanks Serpico. I just read your excellent post and am reposting the pertinent part here:

Serpico said:
RZ body was found NUDE, there were many abrasions on her back, she had 2 cuts on her fingers, RZ had 4 separate hemorrhages on her scalp, the wicker chair was overturned in the bedroom, there was blood found on her , blood on a green/white towel in the hallway , blood on carpet and blood drops on the shower floor. There was also computer activity of a sexual nature that supposedly involved SEARCH TERMS bondage, Asian women, and I believe rape. There was also a neighbor 2 doors down at 11:40pm Tuesday night that heard screams and a woman yell - HELP HELP. Geez....how quickly GRUBB and his bosses just dismissed not only sexual assault on RZ but any physical assault as well.

Yes, taken all the physical evidence in totality, it is plausible that Rebecca was sexually assaulted by the perp(s). By the same token, I could also see that if a perp (e.g., Dina) was trying to frame a male (e.g., Jonah) of physical and sexual assault, that these evidence would point in that direction as well.

SERPICO....have been reading the recent posts, and the sleuthers are incredible! I'm in awe of how all of you continue to raise the bar, and are able to point out the failings in the investigation. Why is it that SDSO could afford to have 15 detectives on this case (as per presser) but couldn't test the blood found in a relatively small area??
I once wrote how "so many coincidences are suspicious". Now I have one more I would like to add to my list:
If male seminal proteins were found anywhere on Rebecca's body... Guess what AS was doing just before he walked out of guesthouse and discovered a naked woman hanging in the courtyard? Oh my, another one of those crazy coincidences, huh? Go figure.

SERPICO....have been reading the recent posts, and the sleuthers are incredible! I'm in awe of how all of you continue to raise the bar, and are able to point out the failings in the investigation. Why is it that SDSO could afford to have 15 detectives on this case (as per presser) but couldn't test the blood found in a relatively small area??
I once wrote how "so many coincidences are suspicious". Now I have one more I would like to add to my list:
If male seminal proteins were found anywhere on Rebecca's body... Guess what AS was doing just before he walked out of guesthouse and discovered a naked woman hanging in the courtyard? Oh my, another one of those crazy coincidences, huh? Go figure.

If we're talking about these types of coincidences, I would add NR's account of using Rebecca's phone to check directions, her description of Rebecca giving her a big bear hug in her neck area, and her statement that Rebecca carried her luggage and her son's luggage. So many opportunities for DNA to mingle.

All of the above is just my opinion.

A person can be sexually assaulted with a foreign object. Depending on how violently the object was used it may or may not leave visible evidence of a vaginal assault or trace evidence from the object.

As stated above in this thread, a non vaginal assault can occur leaving DNA evidence on something like panties. I still cannot believe the panties were not tested and simply because of Jonah's words. I don't even have to believe a sexual assault occurred to question why the panties were not tested. Panties found at a crime scene in a quest house, the person staying in the guest house reported finding the victim and also claimed to be watching *advertiser censored* right before finding the victim should have been tested if this was indeed an unbiased investigation.

BBM: Am I off base to think it is standard procedure to test everything seized? I.e., if they seize panties, they test them. If there is blood in several places, they test it all, etc. IMO I think we would all make that assumption. I actually wonder if they DID test some of these things but claim they didn't because it didn't fit their narrative.

Is anyone else thinking along this line?

If we're talking about these types of coincidences, I would add NR's account of using Rebecca's phone to check directions, her description of Rebecca giving her a big bear hug in her neck area, and her statement that Rebecca carried her luggage and her son's luggage. So many opportunities for DNA to mingle.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Sounds like the entire interview Nina made was a preemptive defense attempt. I do wonder if Rebecca's phone was fingerprinted and DNA tested though.

Good point IQ! There is a very recent case, here on WS you can read here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222069"]Found Deceased IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 *Arrest* - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] where the defendant is currently charged with first degree murder has stated openly to the police that he was doing exactly what AS was doing (just before he "got a girl hung herself") just before he claims a child was killed in an accident. In this darling girl's case (RIP beautiful Willow) it seems that the defendant is trying to explain away his nasty DNA being on the child. In RZ's case, a very similar preceding event, coupled with a failed polygraph and yet...no charges. The two cases are obviously very different, but I just wanted to point out the very similar statements of the prior acts of, well you know, and the different consequences. All of the articles that detail the specifics of what happened to poor Willow are on the first post of the thread, made by SWMNBN.

ALWAYS MOO

***Just to do a quick disclaimer, I'm not stating that anything in Willow's case has anything to do with RZ's case and is in no way similar. It just seems odd to me, seeing how one LE agency took this "man's" statement, and though entirely unbelievable did not take it as fact and arrested him on first degree murder charges. ***

Good point IQ! There is a very recent case, here on WS you can read here Found Deceased IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 *Arrest* - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community where the defendant is currently charged with first degree murder has stated openly to the police that he was doing exactly what AS was doing (just before he "got a girl hung herself") just before he claims a child was killed in an accident. In this darling girl's case (RIP beautiful Willow) it seems that the defendant is trying to explain away his nasty DNA being on the child. In RZ's case, a very similar preceding event, coupled with a failed polygraph and yet...no charges. The two cases are obviously very different, but I just wanted to point out the very similar statements of the prior acts of, well you know, and the different consequences. All of the articles that detail the specifics of what happened to poor Willow are on the first post of the thread, made by SWMNBN.

ALWAYS MOO

***Just to do a quick disclaimer, I'm not stating that anything in Willow's case has anything to do with RZ's case and is in no way similar. It just seems odd to me, seeing how one LE agency took this "man's" statement, and though entirely unbelievable did not take it as fact and arrested him on first degree murder charges. ***

INTHEDARK...thank you so much for sharing the perps "IMPLAUSIBLE" excuse for why his male seminal proteins would be on a 7 year old, precious child! it is the same "parallel" reasoning of most offenders, ie "It wasn't rape, it was consensual sex. I never met the woman before, but her bedroom window was open and I climbed through it, carrying my knife. And she agreed to have sex with me, instead of me slitting her throat."
And of course, if there is a witness who can I.D. the perp...the witness must be mistaken! Because the perp now tells the detectives, "I have a twin brother, and people often get us confused." So the detective asks, "Are you identical twins?" The perp replies, "No, he is 3 inches taller than me, outweighs me by 30lbs, and he has black hair....b-b-but we both have broad shoulders.
IMO eyewitnesses, especially in the middle of a crisis, can be mistaken. But, if the eyewitness is simply riding a bicycle down the street and under no duress, I'm sure they can tell the difference between blonde hair or black hair.
...regardless of broad shoulders.:blushing:

• FAQ Number 2

In addition to the comments in the FAQ, we have the following additional relevant information:

Blood was found on her inner thighs and the source was either menses or spotting due to an IUD (Intrauterine Device). There was no genital trauma. A small amount of blood was also noted on her big toes which appeared to be due to small scratches from the plants below the balcony.
SDCSD press release, Sept 6, 2011
*NOTE* NO abrasions on the toes are mentioned in the AR – this is an additional speculative comment by Lucas.

Bill Gore: There was blood found on Rebecca body which was determined to be menstrual blood, there was also blood spotting on the floor - on the carpet, and a small spot in the shower.
Again, we determined that was her blood because it was on her body and it was menstrual blood, to take every little piece and look at the shower blood, we just don’t do that.
David Gotfredson/CBS8: There was no DNA analysis done on that?
Bill Gore: We have every reason to believe since there was blood on her, and it was her blood, there was spotting on the carpet and it was examined, the spots on the carpet - that was her DNA, the shower – that was not examined.
David Gotfredson/CBS8: How is it that in the shower, the blood was determined to be menstrual blood from Rebecca?
Bill Gore: Through logical investigative work.
SDCSD briefing November 17, 2011

From the autopsy report:
There is blood within the vagina and around the cervix, but no visible trauma.
[SNIP]
On the medial aspects of the base of the great toes there is dried and smeared blood. On the medial left great toe there is what appears to be a dried spot of blood with subsequent smear. There is a small amount of blood on the plantar aspect of the left great toe as well as on the plantar aspect of the sole over the base of the right great toe. On the medial aspect of the left foot just anterior to the left medial malleolus there is a small amount of dried blood. There is a small amount of thin, dried, and smeared blood around the perineal region, extending onto the proximal medial right thigh. There are apparent dried blood flakes on the medial aspect of the proximal left thigh. There is a small amount of dried blood on the posterior right 3rd finger and on the posterolateral aspect of the mid right 4th finger and distal right 4th finger.
[SNIP]
The cervix and vagina are atraumatic. There is an intrauterine device in place. The vagina contains a small amount of blood. The endometrial cavity contains a small amount of blood and the endometrium itself is smooth and red-purple.

1z22kxk.jpg

25u30d1.jpg

2s00gn5.jpg

Considering that RZ was found nude, the shower should have immediately been considered a potential starting point for events which ensued. (The clump of hair that was found should have also been noted as a factor in evaluating the need for testing the blood.)
Within the context of a homicide investigation, the blood should have been analyzed.

I know that there has been some discussion relating to identification of menstrual blood in other threads and it’s unclear whether the blood spots that were tested (outside the door leading to the guest room) were tested to determine if the blood was menstrual and not simply DNA tested for a match to RZ. The statement by Gore from the 11/17/11 PC suggests only that the blood on RZ’s body was determined to be menstrual, (if indeed it was tested to determine its nature and Gore was not misstating the evidence.)

If, hypothetically, the blood in the shower was not menstrual, from RZ, then the question is what is the origin?
The possibilities are:
The blood is not from RZ.
The blood is from RZ, from an abrasion.
The AR speaks of blood on RZ’s body, but in only in very few locations.
I have included diagrams outlining those locations.
(I have not included the blood in the perineal region and uppermost regions of both inner thighs. Also noted in the AR, but not illustrated, is the blood in the vaginal vault and uterus.)
The abrasion on the right hand is in my view a candidate for possibly leaving behind blood in the shower. The abrasion is fairly large (1/2 x 5/16 inch with skin tags) and could have produced a steady trickle of blood.
The SDCSD chose to comment on the origin of only one of bloody areas – the blood on the bottom of RZ’s feet around her big toes. It was the usual explanation – the plants below the balcony caused the abrasion and perimortem minor bleeding.
As Carioca has mentioned in post #25, it is difficult to understand why there would not be a blood trail from the master bedroom to the guest bedroom on the opposite side of the home if the cause was significant menstrual flow. This is especially notable in light of the fact that there was more than own drop just outside of the guest bedroom door.
It might be more readily explainable if the blood was from her hand, and her hands were perhaps being held, and released temporarily to open the door – just speculating

Clearly, Gore and the SDCSD were approaching evidence from the context of only MINIMAL due diligence given that the suicide theory gained an early foothold.

Cynic, an excellent job! Thanks so much for the graphics, they make it so much easier to interpret the AR.

I'm just going to ask a couple of questions, though I have many more buzzing in my brain at this late hour.

Abrasion on the medial aspect of the right third finger Your suggestion that this could have been the cause of the blood smear on the shower wall is a good one. Could it have been some kind of defensive wound, occurring at the beginning of the attack when RZ's hands were still free to hit the perp? Though I'm not an expert it seems this kind of wound would have bled enough to leave the drops in the hallway. It seems a rather large wound as its still visible in the death scene photo.

Blood on the bottoms of RZ's feet How did that get there? Sheriff Gore claims it was from scratches on the bushes but I disagree. First, the description only mentions blood, not injuries

On the medial aspects of the base of the great toes there is dried and smeared blood. On the medial left great toe there is what appears to be a dried spot of blood with subsequent smear. There is a small amount of blood on the plantar aspect of the left great toe as well as on the plantar aspect of the sole over the base of the right great toe. On the medial aspect of the left foot just anterior to the left medial malleolus there is a small amount of dried blood.

Just dried blood, some smeared. No punctures, scratches or abrasions. To even scratch those parts of her feet during hanging would have required her toes be pointed straight down with the bottoms of her feet in position to hit bushes. Wouldn't that be difficult to do when her feet were so tightly bound?

Blood on the posterior of her right hand If Gore implied those spots were also the result of contact with the bush, it doesn't fit. With her hands bound behind her back, only her palms would have been facing outwards towards any bushes. Again, there's no mention of punctures or scratches in those spots.

The "skin tags" on the right 3rd finger palmar edge of the wound indicate that the abrasion was more of a small avulsion, in effect, pushing (or pulling) the bit of skin toward the palmar aspect.

An avulsion is a scrape with more force, pushing or pulling a layer of skin in a specific direction. That's an interesting bit of detail, cynic, that I missed.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avulsion_injury"]Avulsion injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Cynic, an excellent job! Thanks so much for the graphics, they make it so much easier to interpret the AR.

I'm just going to ask a couple of questions, though I have many more buzzing in my brain at this late hour.

Abrasion on the medial aspect of the right third finger Your suggestion that this could have been the cause of the blood smear on the shower wall is a good one. Could it have been some kind of defensive wound, occurring at the beginning of the attack when RZ's hands were still free to hit the perp? Though I'm not an expert it seems this kind of wound would have bled enough to leave the drops in the hallway. It seems a rather large wound as its still visible in the death scene photo.

Blood on the bottoms of RZ's feet How did that get there? Sheriff Gore claims it was from scratches on the bushes but I disagree. First, the description only mentions blood, not injuries

Just dried blood, some smeared. No punctures, scratches or abrasions. To even scratch those parts of her feet during hanging would have required her toes be pointed straight down with the bottoms of her feet in position to hit bushes. Wouldn't that be difficult to do when her feet were so tightly bound?

Blood on the posterior of her right hand If Gore implied those spots were also the result of contact with the bush, it doesn't fit. With her hands bound behind her back, only her palms would have been facing outwards towards any bushes. Again, there's no mention of punctures or scratches in those spots.
Good points.

With respect to the abrasion on the right third finger, in loose terms I would call that a gouge, and it would have bled for some time.
I would encourage you to take a tape measure and mark out those dimensions. It is a significant abrasion and one that is also consistent with the size that a fingernail would leave.

With respect to the abrasion on the right third finger, in loose terms I would call that a gouge, and it would have bled for some time. It is a significant abrasion and one that is also consistent with the size that a fingernail would leave.

and when the feet were bound the blood picked up on the perp's fingernail from scratching her could have been transferred to the foot and if picking up the body by those feet the bottom of her toes. Just a thought.

The "skin tags" on the right 3rd finger palmar edge of the wound indicate that the abrasion was more of a small avulsion, in effect, pushing (or pulling) the bit of skin toward the palmar aspect.

An avulsion is a scrape with more force, pushing or pulling a layer of skin in a specific direction. That's an interesting bit of detail, cynic, that I missed.

Avulsion injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's say RZ did slip her right hand in and out of the wrist bindings. I think this could create an avulsion from the skin tag. If we take in consideration the wrist bindings and slipping out her hand would have been close to her last actions, I would expect blood to be found on that area of the rope and definitely on the gag. I would also expect to see blood drippings down the backside of her body if not in the grass. Since the blood evidence doesn't follow the above, I don't believe the injury to her finger happened while removing her hands from the wrist bindings.

The slipping in/out of the wrist bindings did not cause the abrasion to her finger, then the injury must have happened much earlier. If we consider everything that needed to be done to complete the hanging, there is a lot of blood evidence missing if we're to believe Rebecca did this on her own. She needed to use her hands for the bindings, the noose, the gag, the bed railing, writing the message on the door, opening/closing door and turning off lights. There should have been traces of blood in just about all these locations. Where is the blood on the knives or the paint brushes? If she had used gloves, blood should have been inside the gloves. The blood that SDSO noted yet not tested is not the only problem. In my opinion, there should have been traces of blood everywhere from her finger gouge. The lack of blood or missing blood tells a totally different story from what SDSO wanted the public to believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back