Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI

Researching Wanek's Physical Therapist license further it is discovered that it was cancelled in 1984 for the following reason:

"Delinquent for 5 years; cancelled, no longer valid and licensee prohibited from practice in Ca."

I thought it would be ok to share this with you all:

Doug,

The proximity of those addresses would surely suggest some connection. Fine work. Sure wish we knew this stuff way back when. I have no distinct recollection of talking to the lady in Pacifica except that it did not run up a red flag at the time. Her explanation must have seemed plausible. It is curious to me, however, that Brody chose to use his real name while Waters used the pseudonym.

What type of cancer did Brody die from? I seem to vaguely recall the mention of therapy for Brody. Here's a thought: the "center-city vortex" is well known to be an attraction for, shall we say, the tinfoil hat group. Since Wanek had a studio on Sutter St. it is likely that Brody was aware of it and probably, in fact, was acquainted with her. When it became clear that Brody's cancer was advancing it would not be surprising that he should turn to her for treatment. It is unclear whether she still maintained an office in SF at the time of Brody's death. If so, it is very probable that the two Georges never went to Pacifica.

Whatever the circumstances, it is an amazing catch by you sleuthers and should certainly be pursued.
The phone number, however, has a Pacifica prefix (355). Brody's death certificate says "probable carcinoma (esophagus).

I found another curiousity that means nothing, but shows what a small world it is: I found a Dr. Linda Wanek who is an associate professor at the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center - which provides most of the medical personnel for SF General where George Waters worked. This Dr. Wanek also resided for a time in the same very small town that Annasmom lives in.

This Dr. Wanek is 53 years old which is too old to Anna and is too young to have been the connection between Evelyn Wanek and the two Georges in 1973. That is why I say it is a couple of amazing coincidences, nothing more.

When we first started looking at Evelyn Wanek, I was under the impress that she ran a fitness gym. We later uncovered that she ran a health studio which did "colon therapy" and "massage therapy", which sounded to me like an alternative health center. However, now that we know that Evelyn was operating as a licensed physical therapist, it should be noted that the above Linda Wanek teaches physical therapy. This raises the obvious question: could this woman be related to Evelyn? If Linda is a relative of Evelyn (and depending on how close), she may be able to clarify Evelyn and Brody's relationship. I have sent Linda Wanek an email with this question and am awaiting a response.

When we first started looking at Evelyn Wanek, I was under the impress that she ran a fitness gym. We later uncovered that she ran a health studio which did "colon therapy" and "massage therapy", which sounded to me like an alternative health center. However, now that we know that Evelyn was operating as a licensed physical therapist, it should be noted that the above Linda Wanek teaches physical therapy. This raises the obvious question: could this woman be related to Evelyn? If Linda is a relative of Evelyn (and depending on how close), she may be able to clarify Evelyn and Brody's relationship. I have sent Linda Wanek an email with this question and am awaiting a response.

Doogie, you have mail.... was too large to send via PM.

If I am interpeting Veromi.com right, it appears that this woman's maiden name is Phillips, which means that she would not be our Anna.

If I am interpeting Veromi.com right, it appears that this woman's maiden name is Phillips, which means that she would not be our Anna.

That's what I was thinking... with the son, Waters would probably be a married name...

I have heard back from Dr. Linda Wanek of UCSF and SFSU - she is not related to Evelyn or anyone else in the San Francisco area. So much for that idea...

I need help.
Evelyn Wanek had a younger sister named Loretta F. She Moved to CA sometime between 1930 and 1937. She married a man by the last name of Guidici. They had 2 children, David Charles b. 1942 d.1981 and Maureen Caroline b. 12-7-37. On 1-31-60 Maureen married Francis J. Balistreri. They divorced sometime before 1966, (I think...it appears he remarried then, and no divorce records are available for this time period...for me). I cannot find any info on Maureen since 1960. She could have gotten remarried, but there is nothing by her maiden name or her married name.

California has excellent birth records, and I can't find any children born to her under her maiden or married name.

She would have just turned 36 years old when Anna disappeared.

If anyone with better technology than I have can find out what happened to Maureen, I;ll kiss ya :blowkiss:

If anyone can find info on Maureen Caroline Guidici -Balistreri b. December 7, 1937 please post.

PS: These are all public records, anyone can excess.

Oh, I also wanted to add (after the brain farts went away). The Wanek female born in 1967 CA is a probably an unlikely match to Anna. According to her (female Wanek) birth records and her parents divorce records, they where divorced before Anna was ever abducted. The parents where both into other relationships by the time Anna was abducted/Missing.

If GW falsified birth records for Anna in 1973, I don't think he's use a couple divorced in 1968.

What do you all think? (guess anything is possible)

IW:

Your analysis is probably correct, but there seems to be an anomaly that I am trying to decipher - the divorced parents still show up as "possible relatives" on Veromi.com. Since they divorced 39 years ago, it is odd that they still are linked in cyberspace. From the way they are listed, it is as if they are still living together (or, at least, lived together sometime recently).

Has anyone looked ths woman up by chance?

1. WATERS, DEBORAH MICHELE (Age 40)
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

MYLES, DEBORAH M
spacer.gif

WATERS, D
spacer.gif
Available(4)AvailableNEW YORK, NY
spacer.gif

KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
spacer.gif

NORRISTOWN, PA
Possible Relatives:
spacer.gif

MYLES, SCOTT S
spacer.gif

MYLES, E
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif

MYLES, SETH A (Age 44)
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif
View Details

ETA- She has the same birthdate as Anna, and here's a couple addresses from Zabasearch:

[SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE]
DEBORAH M WATERS Born Sep 1967
[SIZE=+0]142 16TH ST Recorded: 03/01/2006
NEW YORK, NY 10003 (212) 228-5467

[/SIZE]
DEBORAH M WATERS Born Sep 1967[SIZE=+0]
201 28TH ST Recorded: 03/11/2004
NEW YORK, NY 10016
[/SIZE]

IW:

Your analysis is probably correct, but there seems to be an anomaly that I am trying to decipher - the divorced parents still show up as "possible relatives" on Veromi.com. Since they divorced 39 years ago, it is odd that they still are linked in cyberspace. From the way they are listed, it is as if they are still living together (or, at least, lived together sometime recently).

I don't know how much I trust that site... looking up myself, it brings up my ex-husband's wife as a "possible" relation.

Looking up a friend of mine, gives her name as her sister's and lists her twice with two different ages.

While some info may be accurate, other info isn't.

I don't know how much I trust that site... looking up myself, it brings up my ex-husband's wife as a "possible" relation.

Looking up a friend of mine, gives her name as her sister's and lists her twice with two different ages.

While some info may be accurate, other info isn't.

I've had similar experiences with these sites...I've found relatives listed with the correct address, but the birthdate off by a few years. I don't think we can trust these sites as being totally accurate all the time.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

MYLES, DEBORAH M
spacer.gif

WATERS, D
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
spacer.gif

NORRISTOWN, PA
Possible Relatives:
spacer.gif

MYLES, SCOTT S
spacer.gif

MYLES, E
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif

MYLES, SETH A (Age 44)
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif
View Details

ETA- She has the same birthdate as Anna, and here's a couple addresses from Zabasearch:

[/SIZE]
NEW YORK, NY 10016

Something odd comes with this search. If you search a last name only, Waters, with a dob 09-25-1967, she is the only person listed. But if you search a first name of Deborah, middle initial M, with a dob 09-25-1967, she's not there!

I need help.
If anyone can find info on Maureen Caroline Guidici -Balistreri b. December 7, 1937 please post.

PS: These are all public records, anyone can excess.
I can see what I can find. Give me until tomorrow to report back.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Associated names:
spacer.gif

MYLES, DEBORAH M
spacer.gif

WATERS, D
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
spacer.gif

NORRISTOWN, PA
Possible Relatives:
spacer.gif

MYLES, SCOTT S
spacer.gif

MYLES, E
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif

MYLES, SETH A (Age 44)
spacer.gif

MYLES, ELLEN F (Age 54)
spacer.gif
View Details

[/SIZE]
NEW YORK, NY 10016

Need me to check this one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics