Search Efforts by Family and Community Members

From Wes' jailhouse interview:

I'm not acting before calling police, the police met me at the search, this other one, well we didn't find the cell phone, right? The police met me at the search for the cell phone - physically at the search, at the same time, and I gave them that info. We didn't find a cell phone. We posted on the Web, you know, we never found a cellphone so that, for me, was a tip that was unjustified and didn't pan out, like the airport search didn't pan out for a cell phone either, that my wife got information --

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tll_DccWAnjsCgnvMktbb7HXTh7CK6Gkxh8C3PLn0No/edit

I don't recall any other details of this search for AJ's phone at the airport.

What I find so interesting is he is essentially saying they received a tip about her cell phone being near Thole Street and a tip about her cell phone being near the airport. We've tossed around ideas here on how they got the information, and many of us thought it was logical that perhaps they got the info using the FindMyiPhone app. But reading the quote you've provided, it does not sound like this is how they got the information. It really sounds more like someone gave them both tips. I would love to know if they told LE these tips were anonymous, or whether they provided names of the people who gave them these tips, or whether they said they called their wireless provider to get it. :moo:

I would also love to know whether LE has ping records that show her phone was ever in those areas. :moo:

What I find so interesting is he is essentially saying they received a tip about her cell phone being near Thole Street and a tip about her cell phone being near the airport. We've tossed around ideas here on how they got the information, and many of us thought it was logical that perhaps they got the info using the FindMyiPhone app. But reading the quote you've provided, it does not sound like this is how they got the information. It really sounds more like someone gave them both tips. I would love to know if they told LE these tips were anonymous, or whether they provided names of the people who gave them these tips, or whether they said they called their wireless provider to get it. :moo:

I would also love to know whether LE has ping records that show her phone was ever in those areas. :moo:

For the record, I never DID think these phone searches were based on pings or any other info the Hadsell family accessed through the FindMyPhone app. I know you can use that for this purpose, I just don't think they did. I think this was bogus from the word GO.

There should actually be a discussion thread for evidence not just forensic evidence so we could discuss those things like the warrants, the placement of the jacket, the house she was found, etc.

My theory on the airport business is simply, someone he wanted LE to suspect responsible for AJ's disappearance had recently left the area via airplane. So naturally, AJ's phone sending a signal from that area would make sense if the person tossed it on their way to catch a flight.

I know it sounds ridiculous. But... so does the bank card discovery, the breaking and entering, the balled up jacket in the couch, punching the dog in the head, drug scales in the AC vent, etc., etc. and so forth. Near as I can recall the only search efforts by the family were those orchestrated by Wes. Once he was behind bars, evidence stopped magically appearing on these searches and mysterious 2nd cell phone tips stopped coming in. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math on that one.

You know, I think you are right here. Didn't the young man he wanted to be the prime suspect fly out a few days after Aj's disappearance to join the military? I knew this place was named for a reason.

There should actually be a discussion thread for evidence not just forensic evidence so we could discuss those things like the warrants, the placement of the jacket, the house she was found, etc.
The purpose of the thread that had to be pulled was to discuss some of the issues you named, such as the search of the property where AJ was found. I'll return that thread to the forum later today.

Don't forget the hair-tie that was described in detail....because we always notice hair ties that people are wearing when they "leave our presence".....JMO
Hair-tie or headband? Two different things.

If I recall correctly, he said it was pre-wrap. A lot of girl athletes use pre-wrap to secure their hair off their face.

I had another thought; back in the jailhouse interview when WH was discussing what was found and generally where (ATM card, clothing, jacket, etc) He mentioned that he called LE out for the cell phone search near the airport. Let's suppose for a minute that he really was the one with all of the fruitful "tips" being given. Each one that was given just so happened to turn up some evidence. He was pretty sure that cell phone would be found or he wouldn't have called them out there to "find" it with them. What are the odds that maybe the cell was somehow overlooked, or may be WH just couldn't find where he threw it. I doubt he would have called them out there only to be embarrassed. The airport was important to him and that search or he would not have brought it up.

Every other bit of his word salad gave some sort of information, even if it was a lie.

The cell phone at the airport is still unfinished for me. Even if it was a lie, it didn't tie in anywhere like everything else did. Every "tip" had a purpose .... but not that one ... yet.

OR he realized that he had to be wrong sometimes or LE would start looking even closer at him. NO ONE can be that accurate just based off of tips IMO.

And as others have posted here, it's strange how all of the finds, except for Angelica's body, stopped once WH was incarcerated.

Spring Launch of 'Cold Justice'
April 28th, 2015

Snipped:

TNT's spring launch of Cold Justice garnered a combined audience of 2.4 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery for its April 10 premiere and encore. The show also drew 1.0 million adults 25-54 and 829,000 adults 18-49. Across TNT's television, digital and mobile platforms, the spring premiere of Cold Justice has reached 4.3 million viewers.

Kelly-Siegler-and-Yolanda-McClary-of-Cold-Justice_event_main.jpg

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-cold-justice-childrens-hospital-more/395835/

You know, I think you are right here. Didn't the young man he wanted to be the prime suspect fly out a few days after Aj's disappearance to join the military? I knew this place was named for a reason.

You are exactly right.

I am completely and utterly lost. I think I might need to go back and start from the beginning in every thread. :(

But hey...marking my spot here in case I ever do make it back to this thread. ;)

I am completely and utterly lost. I think I might need to go back and start from the beginning in every thread. :(

But hey...marking my spot here in case I ever do make it back to this thread. ;)

Mountain Kat... I can totally fill you in. Don't go back through every thread, it will take a month.

OR he realized that he had to be wrong sometimes or LE would start looking even closer at him. NO ONE can be that accurate just based off of tips IMO.

And as others have posted here, it's strange how all of the finds, except for Angelica's body, stopped once WH was incarcerated.

Can you say that again.

What a great post! I've wondered many times how this "tip" came about, but I'm not at all tech savvy, so I thought the questions I had were probably too ignorant to bother sharing. I guess I just don't understand how some anonymous person could call in a tip about her phone being in that area, unless they actually saw her phone there. No random person would be able to get her cell phone pings. If someone in her family did some kind of trace...that's not really a "tip" is it? It's information the family gleaned and shared with LE.

Confusing.

What a great post! I've wondered many times how this "tip" came about, but I'm not at all tech savvy, so I thought the questions I had were probably too ignorant to bother sharing. I guess I just don't understand how some anonymous person could call in a tip about her phone being in that area, unless they actually saw her phone there. No random person would be able to get her cell phone pings. If someone in her family did some kind of trace...that's not really a "tip" is it? It's information the family gleaned and shared with LE.

Confusing.

"we never found a cellphone so that, for me, was a tip that was unjustified and didn't pan out, like the airport search didn't pan out for a cell phone either"

Which is exactly why I never believed they used FindMyPhone. Or GoPro, or emoji, or pandora, or a fishing pole or any other means. I think the whole "signal" thing was a lie from the start. Just one of many.

"we never found a cellphone so that, for me, was a tip that was unjustified and didn't pan out, like the airport search didn't pan out for a cell phone either"

Which is exactly why I never believed they used FindMyPhone. Or GoPro, or emoji, or pandora, or a fishing pole or any other means. I think the whole "signal" thing was a lie from the start. Just one of many.

Okay Miss Memory, let me put you to work this morning. How did we even hear about the airport search? I assume that info came from Wes, but what exactly was said and how did that info come about? Do you recall?

If I recall correctly, he said it was pre-wrap. A lot of girl athletes use pre-wrap to secure their hair off their face.

Total guy question, but is all that something you would do for a walk to 7-11 or just a sporting event?

Okay Miss Memory, let me put you to work this morning. How did we even hear about the airport search? I assume that info came from Wes, but what exactly was said and how did that info come about? Do you recall?

I realise you're actually playfully goading OM here but I actually searched for this query yesterday and couldn't find its source either. Found posts with it mentioned but not where it ever came from. Good luck with that one ha.

I realise you're actually playfully goading OM here but I actually searched for this query yesterday and couldn't find its source either. Found posts with it mentioned but not where it ever came from. Good luck with that one ha.

No, I wasn't goading her at all. She has a way better memory that I do, so I was hoping she recalled the details of this. I honestly don't remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back