Search Efforts by Family and Community Members

Total guy question, but is all that something you would do for a walk to 7-11 or just a sporting event?

I think someone (maybe Wes) said this was her personal style. Perhaps an VI could help clarify.

Okay Miss Memory, let me put you to work this morning. How did we even hear about the airport search? I assume that info came from Wes, but what exactly was said and how did that info come about? Do you recall?

I believe it was with his interview with Joe Fisher from WAVY after he was arrested. I don't recall there being any mention of an airport search AT ALL until that interview. It came up in that interview as the Tidewater "tip" being useless, just like the airport "tip" being useless in finding her phone. If someone can find a msm link previous to this interview that specifically mentions the Hadsells search for AJ's phone at the airport, then I'd sure like to see it.

I think someone (maybe Wes) said this was her personal style. Perhaps an VI could help clarify.

That day in particular she had it pulled up into, like, a bun. Now it wasn’t… she had a headband on, but what was holding her hair in that little bun was, uh, what you call a “pre-wrap.” You know, she plays sports, and a pre-wrap is the stuff you put down underneath like an Ace bandage - it’s like the foamy stuff. Well, her personal style was to use that pre-wrap, um, because you know scrunchies I guess, whatever, people lose them so easily. So, she used that to make her own scrunchie or hair-tie. So, that’s what she had in her hair and it was pulled up, like, into a bun in the back

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit

(not that I'm a VI, or anything) :)

Total guy question, but is all that something you would do for a walk to 7-11 or just a sporting event?

That's a hard question to answer, really. There are girls that ONLY wear their hair that way for practice or games, and then there are some girls (not a lot, really, but some) that wear it that way all the time. What stood out to me about him going on about wearing her hair that way that day, was that in every single pic I've seen of AJ where it's a casual setting, her hair is down. That's an indicator for me that wearing it in a bun with a headband isn't something she did unless it was a practice day or a game day. I base this entirely on personal experience of being into sports myself when I was younger and all 6 of my girls being into sports now. Most girls bind up their hair for activity only - then leave it down on other days.

Well...to me that is a great question. I think he was just filling in details because he was lying, but you are right. Why would she be wearing her hair in a sports band when she's on break? Again, this just affirms my opinion on him. BTW, someone said that WH's court date was moved from today to May 11th....ugh. This can be seen on the forum regarding court dates and following the link provided. I hope this means they are still waiting on the toxicology report before moving further. Otherwise, I don't get it. Does anyone know how many times a continuance can occur? Is there a limit?

That's a hard question to answer, really. There are girls that ONLY wear their hair that way for practice or games, and then there are some girls (not a lot, really, but some) that wear it that way all the time. What stood out to me about him going on about wearing her hair that way that day, was that in every single pic I've seen of AJ where it's a casual setting, her hair is down. That's an indicator for me that wearing it in a bun with a headband isn't something she did unless it was a practice day or a game day. I base this entirely on personal experience of being into sports myself when I was younger and all 6 of my girls being into sports now. Most girls bind up their hair for activity only - then leave it down on other days.
Just popping in. I don't know the weather that day, but maybe it was warm out, so she put her hair up. And maybe she liked it down for photos. That's just based on what i would do.

Just popping in. I don't know the weather that day, but maybe it was warm out, so she put her hair up. And maybe she liked it down for photos. That's just based on what i would do.

From what I know there was snow on the ground up until that night, so fairly cold IMO.

Well...to me that is a great question. I think he was just filling in details because he was lying, but you are right. Why would she be wearing her hair in a sports band when she's on break? Again, this just affirms my opinion on him. BTW, someone said that WH's court date was moved from today to May 11th....ugh. This can be seen on the forum regarding court dates and following the link provided. I hope this means they are still waiting on the toxicology report before moving further. Otherwise, I don't get it. Does anyone know how many times a continuance can occur? Is there a limit?

For the charges against him there is no need for the tox-report. His charges are for obstructing justice, weapon violations, breaking and entering, and if there are any more I'm sorry to say my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I'm not operating at full capacity yet.

BBM. Who knew that my ignorance of how women handle their hair could be of such good use. :yesss:

And I agree on the toxicology / final ME report.

For the charges against him there is no need for the tox-report. His charges are for obstructing justice, weapon violations, breaking and entering, and if there are any more I'm sorry to say my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I'm not operating at full capacity yet.

Right, but if they are ready to arrest him for this when his court date arrives, can't they do so? I'm not saying they need a toxicology report for his current charges, but for what's to come, possibly.

Right, but if they are ready to arrest him for this when his court date arrives, can't they do so? I'm not saying they need a toxicology report for his current charges, but for what's to come, possibly.

I'm no expert in the judicial process by any means. Just wanted to make that clear up front. However, I have seen numerous cases where the perp was awaiting further court dates on lesser charges and delay after delay came in while awaiting the ME report. Once that comes in, boom, they up the charges and off to court he goes. I don't know how it happens, I just know it does.

So, that being said, it's possible the prosecution is requesting the delay and waiting for the ME to come back with the tox findings. Possible. I'm not sure how probable, but possible.

If there is more than one perp, LE is probably watching their every move, every text, phone call, etc. If LE believes WH is their only perp, they have time on their side. The current charges will keep him put until they are ready to add additional charges, and persue those. Until then, IF LE believes WH acted alone, or another perp would act as an accomplise, or helping to cover up a crime, time is still on LE's side. Without having to worry about WH's interferring in the investigation, they can proceed forth with the evidence presented to them, and persue another perp if the evidence leads to one.

It's also possible that what tidbits media has picked up from 'others' isn't the truth, and LE knows the truth. Others could have been completely upfront and honest with LE but they have no obligation to be so with media. If WH is still accepting or making phone calls *I think he had to make them, but not sure how that works* or is receiving visitors, every interaction is being carefully watched, listened to, and disected for possible leads, or hints of evidence, etc. Allowing WH to sit where he is seems to suit LE well in this case. He's got enough charges to keep him away from society while LE continues their work.

Despite WH's prior 'lead investigator' and leading searches, doing all media reports, etc., AJ's body was found without him there. Whether anything he said or did lead to AJ's body, we don't know. He may have confessed something to LE, we just don't know.

4 counts of obstruction of justice.
1 count of breaking and entering.
1 count of possessing ammunition after a felony conviction.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1

1 count of maiming or killing an animal.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1

Seven charges in total, as of today.

You can look up all of his charges here. https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing

NOT JMO

Hubby and I both have iPhones on a family plan. We have separate apple accounts/apple passwords. It's possible to share an account. But if you share an account, your apps sync up on each phone. He doesn't care to have all my crazy games. :crazy:

Marking for later reference, for AJ specs

Bringing this over from the general discussion forum now closed

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rfolk-3-March-2015-19&p=11720484#post11720484

Really good question ;) From the way it was described in the msm,

"AJ’s friend found her credit card laying on the street one block from her home, according to Mrs. Hadsell. She said the credit card was sliced in half." http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

"During a search last Thursday, AJ's father says he found some broken pieces of her credit card less than a mile from their home. But still no sign of AJ. "We worked our way up to 7-Eleven on the normal path that we would leave on and they found three more additional pieces of the credit card, which doesn't say a whole lot. But does it?" asked Hadsell." http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/

"While searching AJ’s neighborhood, a family friend discovered AJ’s credit card cut up, and family members say her phone has been turned off since her disappearance." http://www.therotundaonline.com/news/analyzing-aj/article_c39f4d78-ddf9-11e4-a2e0-8b8f6b781ff2.html

Take your pick on who really found the card, how it was found (random "hey look, there's a piece of a credit card, let me pick it up and see who it belongs to, because that's what people do all the time when they see broken plastic cards on the ground" - as opposed to an actual organized search) and exactly where it was found. Oh, and why a family member just happened to be right there to take a pic of it being discovered.

Marking for later reference, thank you, OM

Zach stated that when he picked his girls up that afternoon. Do we know what time ZH picked his girls up? So did Jen contact ZH or one of the daughter that they were filing a report and they went back over to JH/WH home? ZH and he 2 girls search from 9-11, then he goes back and searches later behind Jens house. So where were his daughters (at his home or did they decide to stay at their Mothers home instead of going home with ZH). Why did ZH wait til first Sunday to tell officers that he had searched and where. Did he tell anyone else he had searched back there? Prior to telling the officers on Sunday.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post11665843
"She told me because I picked the girls up from her that afternoon and she wanted me to know why they might be upset. I didn't talk to him that night. Last time prior to that was about a week before she went missing. Maybe 2"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post11665748

I searched with my other two daughters. Tarrallton park. Parked the car at north parking lot at Tarrallton. Talked with Jennifer. Police were called that night (3rd). Not sure off the top of my head. The girls and I searched from about 9p til 11p then I searched for a little while after, like behind Jennifer's house, which backs up to Tarrallton. It was very cold and I was worried she walked off, maybe having taken pills or other drugs (she doesn't have a history). I was worried she was cold and passed out. I told a couple officers during the police search on the first Sunday, but it doesn't matter that I searched because they still need to search for themselves and I could have missed something. It's just easier in the snow, because there would be footprints. By the time we decided to search, a lot of Anjelica's friends were searching. My gut told me to look in the park. That's where she would walk to. It's also where she might be taken if she was hurt. It's close and accessible.

Mowed grass at my parents today.. and wondered about my post above. Maybe something happened between time ZH picked his girls up that afternoon and 9pm for them to decide to contact the police..

Also, I have seen it posted multi times that the TIPS stopped coming after Wes was arrested. How do we know that? How do we know what tips went to the NPD? From the flyers with Wes phone number and Jen phone number I can see where it would be understandable that people would call the parents numbers since they were given. We don't know (at least I DONT) if LEO TIPLINE got some of the same tips as Wes did, and he was able to respond faster.

I said it before and its worth saying again.. God Bless these Norfolk Police Investigators...
*not defending r accusing anyone... trying to think with an open mind until we have a POI or arrest...

I started re-reading the threads back to the beginning (as somebody had suggested) to see if there was possibly something I missed and also to refresh my memory and I found this post:

Smurfily 3/13/2015 AJ additional information I am local also and have been following this thread closely. A LE Helicopter was circling overhead the neighbourhood and the park for 2-3 hours last Sunday morning while the search party set up by the family was in progress. Also Tuesday evening, about 6pm, a section of Tarrallton park where the dumpster is located, was roped off with yellow crime scene tape and LE were searching the park dumpster.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post11587062

(My response now in regards to the above post): This post was made on Friday, March 13. And if a LE Helicopter was circling overhead the neighborhood and the park for 2-3 hours last Sunday, this would've been then on March 8. Also Tuesday evening, (I'm guessing this would've been March 10), about 6 pm, "a section of Tarrallton park where the dumpster is located, was roped off with yellow crime scene tape and LE were searching the park dumpster."
So, is this the park that is close to AJ's home? Zach, if you are reading here, can you please clarify if this is the same park/area you had mentioned searching on March 3rd and reported your search to LE on Sunday, possibly March 8? Thanks in advance.

I searched with my other two daughters. Tarrallton park. Parked the car at north parking lot at Tarrallton. Talked with Jennifer. Police were called that night (3rd). Not sure off the top of my head. The girls and I searched from about 9p til 11p then I searched for a little while after, like behind Jennifer's house, which backs up to Tarrallton. It was very cold and I was worried she walked off, maybe having taken pills or other drugs (she doesn't have a history). I was worried she was cold and passed out. I told a couple officers during the police search on the first Sunday, but it doesn't matter that I searched because they still need to search for themselves and I could have missed something. It's just easier in the snow, because there would be footprints. By the time we decided to search, a lot of Anjelica's friends were searching. My gut told me to look in the park. That's where she would walk to. It's also where she might be taken if she was hurt. It's close and accessible.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post11665748

I started re-reading the threads back to the beginning (as somebody had suggested) to see if there was possibly something I missed and also to refresh my memory and I found this post:

(My response now in regards to the above post): This post was made on Friday, March 13. And if a LE Helicopter was circling overhead the neighborhood and the park for 2-3 hours last Sunday, this would've been then on March 8. Also Tuesday evening, (I'm guessing this would've been March 10), about 6 pm, "a section of Tarrallton park where the dumpster is located, was roped off with yellow crime scene tape and LE were searching the park dumpster."
So, is this the park that is close to AJ's home? Zach, if you are reading here, can you please clarify if this is the same park/area you had mentioned searching on March 3rd and reported your search to LE on Sunday, possibly March 8? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it was the ballpark directly behind the Hadsell home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back