Search for Baby Gabriel now a murder investigation

According to police, there is information that Baby Gabriel, who was last seen in San Antonio the day after Christmas, was murdered and dumped in a landfill.
SAPD said the section of the landfill has been closed off and they will begin an active search in that area for the body.

Hoping this is just the way it was worded :eek:... since it doesnt say NEW just says information...

Is there still a parrarrel investigation going on looking for the couple and hispanic male that was seen with Elizabeth:(:(

I hope this announcment is to put more pressure on EJ to talk, if she did not kill him and gave him away perhaps her lawyer will tell her to speak up or face the rest of her life in prison.
All along there has been some evidence that she may have killed baby Gabe just from her statements alone to Logan. I still for the life of me don't understand why they did not check the landfill right away to rule it out one way or another. Perhaps LE's hands are tied and they had to wait for a certain amount of time before they could classify this as a homicide because baby Gabe has not been found yet....

This is terrible news! While I like to think Gabriel is alive somewhere, those new announcements definately cloud my hope.

I continue to send prayers to the family.

I believe this new classification is because LM lit a fire under LE and they need to do EVERYTHING possible to find Gabriel.

JMHO
fran

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Tou...Baby-Gabriels-dad-arrives-in-SA-83720922.html

Baby Gabriel's dad hopes to 'light a fire' under SAPD

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>
I really do think his presence there has sparked them into action. Based on what EJ texted him about killing Gabriel and putting him in a dumpster, they should've treated this as a homicide from the beginning. Just because it seemed too unreal that she'd "confess" in a text message doesn't mean it isn't possible that she did just that. I haven't seen any credible leads who these supposed adoptive parents are, or that he's alive somewhere. :( MOO

I understood that Tempe stated that they opened a dual homicide and kidnapping/missing persons investigation a couple of weeks ago

And I thought I read that SA LE were looking into both possibilities a while ago, too

I really don't think they have any new information; they seem to be going on the lack of information on Gabriel's whereabouts plus the information they have had from the start -- EJ's statements to Logan

Previous dual:
Tempe PD - kidnapping
SAPD - missing persons

Now Tempe PD's kidnapping investigation is closed, and SAPD has officially opened a homicide investigation.

Current dual:
SAPD - homicide
SAPD - missing persons

(respectfully snipped)

I think Tempe had a dual missing persons/homicide investigation last month.

This may be a blessing in disguise, as more resources will now be going into the hunt for Gabriel, even if the major result is simply that the landfill becomes less important as we move forward toward finding him somewhere else - alive.

We should not let ourselves be weighed down by this. We can't let our guard down because of this new procedural classification.

We must keep our feelings positive & our expectations higher if only to provide encouragement for Logan & his family. Those of us who believe in Love & the Almighty conquering all ,must provide this support. Good health & strength to LE!

I understood that Tempe stated that they opened a dual homicide and kidnapping/missing persons investigation a couple of weeks ago

And I thought I read that SA LE were looking into both possibilities a while ago, too

This may be a blessing in disguise, as more resources will now be going into the hunt for Gabriel, even if the major result is simply that the landfill becomes less important as we move forward toward finding him somewhere else - alive.

We should not let ourselves be weighed down by this. We can't let our guard down because of this new procedural classification.

That's the media giving their interpretation of what Horn said. They've misinterpreted more than once.

If anyone has a direct quote of any Tempe PD officer saying that they have ever had an open homicide investigation in this case, I'd sure like to see that. I'd definitely want to show it to Gabe's family. Logan's dad, who is Tempe LE, would be particularly surprised.

Here is a direct quote from the Chief of the SA PD:

Posted on January 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Updated Friday, Jan 29 at 9:24 PMhttp://www.azfamily.com/news/San-Antonio-police-plan-to-search-landfill-for-missing-Tempe-baby-83091942.html

"We have not opened a homicide case," said Chief Bill McManus. "We're still considering it a missing persons case. And we're meeting to determine how to proceed in the next couple days."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/San-An...landfill-for-missing-Tempe-baby-83091942.html

and another:

Last Update: 1/29 10:07 am

"If we had reason to believe that the baby was dead, then we would open up a homicide case," Chief McManus told News 4 WOAI. "But right now, that's not the case, and the Baby Gabriel case remains a missing person case.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...eful-Baby-Gabriel/tPKoEF7Bckm2kgjxjd0rFA.cspx

I'm glad there is a dual investigation occuring, but it's very difficult to stomach the news of a landfill search. I am continuing to pray daily for Gabriel's safe return to his Daddy. Please, dear Lord, hear our combined prayers and keep Gabriel safe. I still have a sweet vision in my mind of a joyous father-son reunion and a lifetime of love from the family that adores him.

That's the media giving their interpretation of what Horn said. They've misinterpreted more than once.

If anyone has a direct quote of any Tempe PD officer saying that they have ever had an open homicide investigation in this case, I'd sure like to see that. I'd definitely want to show it to Gabe's family. Logan's dad, who is Tempe LE, would be particularly surprised.

Updated Friday, Jan 29 at 9:24 PMhttp://www.azfamily.com/news/San-Antonio-police-plan-to-search-landfill-for-missing-Tempe-baby-83091942.html

"We have not opened a homicide case," said Chief Bill McManus. "We're still considering it a missing persons case. And we're meeting to determine how to proceed in the next couple days."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/San-An...landfill-for-missing-Tempe-baby-83091942.html

and another:

"If we had reason to believe that the baby was dead, then we would open up a homicide case," Chief McManus told News 4 WOAI. "But right now, that's not the case, and the Baby Gabriel case remains a missing person case.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...eful-Baby-Gabriel/tPKoEF7Bckm2kgjxjd0rFA.cspx

While I try to stick to reliable sources, unfortunately all I have to go on is what I read or watch in the media, which most often involves a reporter's interpretation.

Direct knowledge from LM's dad, who is Tempe LE, trumps anything I can offer.

and another:

I'm confused, BeanE. I don't see where anyone's saying that Tempe has ever opened a homicide investigation. As far as San Antonio goes, I'm pretty sure we had info a couple of weeks ago that they were opening a dual investigation. I'll go back and look in the old discussion threads.

While I try to stick to reliable sources, unfortunately all I have to go on is what I read or watch in the media, which most often involves a reporter's interpretation.

Direct knowledge from LM's dad, who is Tempe LE, trumps anything I can offer.

Understandable. I've been frustrated in this case at the sloppiness of the reporting. There are always some errors in reporting because the reporters are pressured into getting their articles out quickly. But in this case, I'm surprised so many of them are not more careful, and not using the technology tools that would help them maintain accuracy (e.g. live streaming, raw video of pressers, etc.)

To be clear, I have never communicated directly with Logan's dad and wasn't trying to imply that. I've been communicating with others of Gabe's family members.

I'm confused, BeanE. I don't see where anyone's saying that Tempe has ever opened a homicide investigation. As far as San Antonio goes, I'm pretty sure we had info a couple of weeks ago that they were opening a dual investigation. I'll go back and look in the old discussion threads.

Prof in his post #28

southern_comfort in her post #29

and article quoted:
"According to Horn, a team of detectives is working both a missing persons investigation and a homicide investigation at the same time because it is unknown if boy's mother gave the child away or possibly killed him.

==========

Horn is with Tempe PD

I quoted both the above posts in my post #31. Sorry you missed them.

If you can provide a direct quote from any SA official that they had an open homicide investigation prior to today, that would be nothing short of amazing.

Oh Dear God-I hope Gabriel is not or did not suffer.

Maybe Elizabeth finally cracked.

Police Classify Baby Gabriel Case As Homicide
Procedural Step Taken To Move Forward With Landfill Search

POSTED: 2:32 pm MST February 6, 2010
UPDATED: 6:05 pm MST February 6, 2010

After Saturday's announcement, McQueary said he was relieved.

"I feel a lot more comfortable now with the San Antonio Police Department, the detectives there, they are actually doing a lot more than everybody knows," he said.

McQueary said he will continue to look for more clues on the belief his son is still alive.

"Gabriel's out there and he's out there somewhere," McQueary said. "We're hoping to find him."

http://www.kpho.com/news/22486917/detail.html

I'm sick with the thought of it
my heart & stomach did flipflops when I saw this thread title
I hope for Logan's (& Gabriel's obviously!) sake it's not true

I just got a tweet "Texas police: Missing Ariz. baby case a homicide" & my heart just sank....I'm home by myself right now but was saying "noooooooooo" out loud....still crying over baby Eddie - that tweet was too much. :(

IMO They should have searched landfill right away.Elizabeth said she put him in a dumpster first thing they should have been checked out.Hopefully he is still alive but it really does not look good for the little guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back