Search near military housing - Casey placed a call from there

If it's near the beach...Cindy said in a video interview that she thought *the beach was the grain of truth in the lie*, I looked through a couple videos but got tired of hearing those people.

Cindy was talking about Casey saying that Caylee was with the nanny at the beach and had even said Caylee was with Cindy at the beach. That lead Cindy to believe there was a *truth* to the beach statements by Casey.

That's interesting because who would have dealt with Casey's lies the most? I will look later and try to get that video link.

edit to add: I think Cindy had phone records by then so she prob'ly used that to further her idea of *truth in the lie*. The video was of Cindy was at one of the parking lots, or some type of gathering for getting flyers out and stuff.

just to clarify
The Beachline was formerly known as the Beeline Expressway. It starts in Orlando off of I-4 and goes to Brevard County, where the beach is. However, the old military housing that they are searching is what used to be McCoy Air Force Base, which is right next to the Orlando Internation Airport.

"What a shame that Cindy's time talking about DNA, and ''out of context'' comments, and all that, could have been used by another parent who wanted to show their missing child's picture.
"

Which makes you wonder why the media is still covering this case.

After the attack last night on Equasearch I decided I had had enough. When Cindy started on her craziness I switched channels. Perhaps the best thing the media and we can do is to stop covering this case. Let LE do their thing. The Anthony family continues to subvert this investigation and any decent search for Caylee- dead or alive. Frankly, I'm tired of listening to all the bull!!! som Cindy- goodriddance and good luck!!!

Probably not. That's the old Navy base which has been thoroughly redeveloped and is highly populated. They are probably referring to the old McCoy Air Base which is right next to the Orlando Internation Airport. It was an air base that opened around the WWII era and closed in the 1970's. There are still lots of old military bunker style buildings along Tradeport road, and lots and lots of woods. Not a heavily populated area, yet there are plenty of areas to get off of the main road and park a car within stepping distance of woods and thick brush.

This area sounds likely in light of the information released about her cell phone pings from the airport area. There is not much of anything else in the area, and I haven't seen anything about CA that would indicate she would have any reason to be down there...

By the way, "Hi, I'm new"...

http://www.helloorlando.com/Landmarks/Military_Historical/2090309/McCoy_Air_Force_Base_historical.cfm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCoy_Air_Force_Base

I hope today is the day when they find something. Although I don't believe an abandoned building is the best place to dump a body. Usually abandoned building attract lots urban explorers and partyers (if that's a word). Something would have probably been discovered by now. Still holding onto hope though that today is the day. I wish I could be there with TES if I wasn't all the way up here in the north.

I had once suspected that Caylee was near the beach based on Casey telling everyone that she was at the beach with "the nanny". I truly hope that they are able to find her soon before any further frustration sets in and before any more antics are made by the A's to impede the search.

This is what I thought about at 3:00 am this morn.

The longer this goes on, the less likely I believe there is an ounce or grain of truth in anything Casey has said. For this reason alone, if Casey mentioned a place even once...I would say they need to go the opposite direction entirely. This is why I don't think the beach is logical place for her to be. The barracks do interest me a great deal tho.

What was KC doing making calls in these odd out in the boonie places??

I don't think this is it. I think what they are referring to is the old abandoned barracks off of Boggy Creek Rd., which is off of the Beachline. There's also an abandoned golf course there. I brought this very place up in a General Discussion thread a few weeks ago, as a place they should search because of it's proximity to the pings they had near the airport....

Although I don't believe an abandoned building is the best place to dump a body. Usually abandoned building attract lots urban explorers and partyers (if that's a word).
Yeah, I doubt that she would have dumped her in the barracks, but there are plenty of woods, brush, and even ponds in the area. Very little traffic because the main road through doesn't really go anywhere... as in it's not an artery road, it just winds around the back side of OIA, past some farm land and eventualy (several miles later) dumps into a warehouse district. Plenty of side streets, driveways that doesn't really go anywhere because a lot of the buildings aren't in use, so there are probably plenty of places to hide her car while she "took care of business" in the woods.

At least it was like that a few years ago when I used to drive through there every day as a shortcut to work...

The longer this goes on, the less likely I believe there is an ounce or grain of truth in anything Casey has said. For this reason alone, if Casey mentioned a place even once...I would say they need to go the opposite direction entirely. This is why I don't think the beach is logical place for her to be. The barracks do interest me a great deal tho.

I agree but her reference to Chicago and windy bothers me: Is there a building or structure or laneway that has a weather vane/rose - a wind mill/turbine - something. It seems that if she was not that familiar with the base she would need an identifier for where she left the body.

Sorry I say body all the time rather than Caylee - because Caylee is not there anymore and it is easier to deal with for me if I think of it that way. Do not mean to offend anyone.

I don't think this is it. I think what they are referring to is the old abandoned barracks off of Boggy Creek Rd., which is off of the Beachline. There's also an abandoned golf course there. I brought this very place up in a General Discussion thread a few weeks ago, as a place they should search because of it's proximity to the pings they had near the airport....

On the way to command center I drove by Tradeport. It is SUCH a good location to search!!!

Do you happen to remember the name of that golf course?

Can someone local describe that place they are searching, in detail for us? Thx!!

Although I don't believe an abandoned building is the best place to dump a body. Usually abandoned building attract lots urban explorers and partyers (if that's a word).
Yeah, I doubt that she would have dumped her in the barracks, but there are plenty of woods, brush, and even ponds in the area. Very little traffic because the main road through doesn't really go anywhere... as in it's not an artery road, it just winds around the back side of OIA, past some farm land and eventualy (several miles later) dumps into a warehouse district. Plenty of side streets, driveways that doesn't really go anywhere because a lot of the buildings aren't in use, so there are probably plenty of places to hide her car while she "took care of business" in the woods.

At least it was like that a few years ago when I used to drive through there every day as a shortcut to work...

It is a perfect location for Casey to have dumped or buried Caylee!

It is a perfect location for Casey to have dumped or buried Caylee!

It's one of the more secluded area you'll find around Orlando without actually "leaving town". Everything else is really overdeveloped for miles and miles around.

Firstly welcome to you bigpappa.

I wonder why LE did not search this place before? I seriously would not know where to dump a body and so my question to you is - is this place popular - do people know about it?

For instance would you say - wow that place is creepy and aperfect place to dump a body.

Do you happen to remember the name of that golf course?

On Google Maps (check the link I posted initially, and zoom in on tradeport) there's a golf course labeled NTC Annex Golf Club (as in Naval Training Center). That might be what the other poster was referring to. It probably either closed with the base, or closed when the nearby Naval Training Center closed.

Firstly welcome to you bigpappa.

I wonder why LE did not search this place before? I seriously would not know where to dump a body and so my question to you is - is this place popular - do people know about it?

For instance would you say - wow that place is creepy and aperfect place to dump a body.

No, not really popular, or at least it didn't used to be. Like I said, the roads that are there don't really go anywhere for the most part. Just industrial type building close to the airport, the old bunkers further down, then miles later it dumps out on south OBT in a warehouse type disctrict. But if you were searching Google Earth and trying to find a wooded area in the Orlando area it might stand out.

As far as why it hasn't been searched earlier... well, there's a lot of ground to cover. A LOT of ground. Does anyone know how closely they can determine her whereabouts based on the pings? I mean, can they determine where she was down to a matter of yards/feet, or is it more a matter of "we think she was within so many miles of xyz tower"? It would be a hard area to search without narrowing her location down more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back