Search near military housing - Casey placed a call from there

On Google Maps (check the link I posted initially, and zoom in on tradeport) there's a golf course labeled NTC Annex Golf Club (as in Naval Training Center). That might be what the other poster was referring to. It probably either closed with the base, or closed when the nearby Naval Training Center closed.
Thanks!

I agree but her reference to Chicago and windy bothers me: Is there a building or structure or laneway that has a weather vane/rose - a wind mill/turbine - something. It seems that if she was not that familiar with the base she would need an identifier for where she left the body.
Interesting theory about the "identifier" aspect. I don't recall her reference to Chicago and windy. Could you refresh my memory or point me to where she talks about it?

No, not really popular, or at least it didn't used to be. Like I said, the roads that are there don't really go anywhere for the most part. Just industrial type building close to the airport, the old bunkers further down, then miles later it dumps out on south OBT in a warehouse type disctrict.

Thank you. This tells me that if others knew that she knew about this place then it makes sense. A

No, not really popular, or at least it didn't used to be. Like I said, the roads that are there don't really go anywhere for the most part. Just industrial type building close to the airport, the old bunkers further down, then miles later it dumps out on south OBT in a warehouse type disctrict. But if you were searching Google Earth and trying to find a wooded area in the Orlando area it might stand out.

As far as why it hasn't been searched earlier... well, there's a lot of ground to cover. A LOT of ground. Does anyone know how closely they can determine her whereabouts based on the pings? I mean, can they determine where she was down to a matter of yards/feet, or is it more a matter of "we think she was within so many miles of xyz tower"? It would be a hard area to search without narrowing her location down more.

You're right, popular it's not. But a common shortcut for those who live in the area, say someone who lives in East Orange county and commutes over to the Universal area...

Interesting theory about the "identifier" aspect. I don't recall her reference to Chicago and windy. Could you refresh my memory or point me to where she talks about it?

That was a myspace posting where Casey was talking to Lee while he was in Chicago. She asked something about if it was windy there.

You're right, popular it's not. But a common shortcut for those who live in the area, say someone who lives in East Orange county and commutes over to the Universal area...

"Universal" you say? Interesting... I wonder if miss CA ever used that as a shortcut during the time she actually worked there. I haven't really looked at where their house is to see if that would be a feasible shortcut.

"Universal" you say? Interesting... I wonder if miss CA ever used that as a shortcut during the time she actually worked there. I haven't really looked at where their house is to see if that would be a feasible shortcut.

Yeah, I haven't checked it out on Google maps yet, but we live in Seminole County and my husband used that as a shortcut daily when he worked out that way in order to bypass the tolls on 528.

Yeah, I haven't checked it out on Google maps yet, but we live in Seminole County and my husband used that as a shortcut daily when he worked out that way in order to bypass the tolls on 528.

I just checked, and it could be used as a "long cut" to get over to that side of town. It's the long way around but avoids a lot of traffic. Or, it might be more likely that she could have potentially used it as a shortcut if she ever went down to the Florida Mall area, or down towards the Pleasure Island area.

So, it's very possible that she was familiar with the area already since it's a popular shortcut...

Very interesting!! So you bypass tolls if you travel this route. Makes since if you were not wanting to be tracked back. Too bad (for her) she didn't think of the cell phone pings tho.

Sorry SS. My computer is really slow today and I am having a hard time locating it. It was in the jailhouse phone call, she was trying to get Lee to clue in to this and he apparently did not. If anyone call locate this call transcript faster please help me.

Diane

"She first says she sees mounds almost like dunes where she was dropped off at."

http://www..net/117552

where they are searching:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...2419&spn=0.00468,0.006866&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

not sayin I believe this woman, but it is kinda peculiar....

Woah - that just gave me chills. mounds for sure - who knew. I was picturing buildings - not these earthen looking things. Man if Caylee is found here I will sure have to start thinking more seriously about that psychic.

It looks like sawgrass is about 6 or 7 miles down the road - that one rd. turns into conway.

Although I don't believe an abandoned building is the best place to dump a body. Usually abandoned building attract lots urban explorers and partyers (if that's a word).

It is a perfect location for Casey to have dumped or buried Caylee!
ITA great location. Yet I tend to see Casey as the type who wouldn't want to get unneccessarily dirty and going into woods or using a shovel would require messiness. As disgusting and revolting as sounds, I think she placed Caylee in a trash bag and dumped her in a dumpster/trash bin/landfill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back