Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know what Axe is; but isn't this an item of...an Axe? Sheesh it doesn't specify; and I never thought about that...could be deodorant or anything then.

If you look at the warrants, they list "body wash" amongst the items they're looking for.

I am very curious why they would have been interested in this particular DVD?

If you look at the warrants, they list "body wash" amongst the items they're looking for.

Yes. That made me wonder if the products weren't purchased at Walmart on the 18th or by MR for Dylan on the morning of the 19th.

I didn't go check, but IIRC, MR said they picked up a couple of DVD's at WalMart.

I recall the same, however there must be a reason for taking this particular DVD. This search was the only one that MR has mentioned they took a few things. Nerf, ipod, cell phone, I remember...no mention of a DVD. The other search was a quick look around for Dylan and/or his phone. Where is the Adventureland DVD I wonder?

From MR's interview with MB (Uncut version) found here on WS: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8813297&postcount=79"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

You know, Dylan … wanted to throw in a few videos that he found in the $5 bin, so we threw those in -- which is one of the movies we would watch that night … you know… when we were together… and… you
know…

Melissa Blasius:
What movie was it?

Mark Redwine:
I got to tell you, it was really bad. Uh....Adventureland or something along those lines.

Possibly MR had named the wrong movie? It does look like more than one was purchased at Walmart that evening so the DVD in the seizure list could be one of those purchased. I would love to see that Walmart receipt.

I immediately thought the pipe was an unattached pipe that happened to be near the washer. Don't know why, but we always had spare pipe parts laying around when I was a kid.

I agree that Axe is most likely referring to a package of body care products (my house usually is full of teenage boys that think that Axe is an alternative to showers. Ugh!)

Why no computer listed? That's very curious. Also nothing about swabbing the trucks. What does "swab" mean anyway - do they use a sterile cloth saturated with some sort of culture media or chemical that will lift but not destroy biological specimens? It's not the same as a fingerprint, is it? If anyone knows the details about what would be going on with the "swabs," I'd love to learn more.

I have some frustration reading this - why wasn't the hoodie mentioned on the Missing posters? what make of cell phone did Dylan have? what else is in the backpack? The reason I'm frustrated is now that tourist season is started down there, there is a possibility that items from Dylan's backpack might be found, and not necessarily all together if the backpack has started to disintegrate. It would be helpful to know exactly what to look for. Sorry, that's just my little rant.

Swabs are to collect fluids. Like blood. The swabs were in very specific places. Interesting that they didnt take any from the shower or sinks. Wonder if the phone was Dylans as well.

Interesting that they left a page out that has the computer that they took. Salem, did you by chance ask if they could supply that other page?

MOO, JMO

Swabs are to collect fluids. Like blood. The swabs were in very specific places. Interesting that they didnt take any from the shower or sinks. Wonder if the phone was Dylans as well.

Interesting that they left a page out that has the computer that they took. Salem, did you by chance ask if they could supply that other page?

MOO, JMO

Swabs are to collect DNA including sweat as well and in reading the warrants, I would say the did use luminol in the home. Luminol perhaps couldn't be used in the pipe so they took a swab of it? Perhaps the DNA evidence from the swabs is what confirmed for LE that Dylan had been at his father's home.

It is interesting that the Search Warrant for the house is numbered "12SW177" and the Search Warrant for the Truck is numbered "12SW179." I really wonder if there is a search warrant for 12SW178, and what it might be.

It is interesting that the Search Warrant for the house is numbered "12SW177" and the Search Warrant for the Truck is numbered "12SW179." I really wonder if there is a search warrant for 12SW178, and what it might be.

Maybe the one in between those was for ER's house. She did say they searched her home too and IIRC she said they took her computer. I don't recall MR saying they took his computer, but I do recall ER saying they took the one from her home.

I don't know, maybe they got one for the truck MR drives for work or maybe it was for EH's home or maybe an unrelated case or maybe they number their SW with odd numbers only.

I don't know, maybe they got one for the truck MR drives for work or maybe it was for EH's home or maybe an unrelated case or maybe they number their SW with odd numbers only.

I was just thinking some more about this. Maybe they needed one to search the travel trailer, or maybe MR's rental property.

As far as the thought that SW178 could have been for EH's house, I wonder if they were searching outside of La Plata County if it would come before a judge with jurisdiction over that property (just thinking as I type).

Swabs are to collect DNA including sweat as well and in reading the warrants, I would say the did use luminol in the home. Luminol perhaps couldn't be used in the pipe so they took a swab of it? Perhaps the DNA evidence from the swabs is what confirmed for LE that Dylan had been at his father's home.

They are also used to collect things like mud, say if there was a footprint of some kind there, or even a smudge of something icky looking to see if they can figure out what that substance is. Basically those swabs could have been anything.

Maybe the one in between those was for ER's house. She did say they searched her home too and IIRC she said they took her computer. I don't recall MR saying they took his computer, but I do recall ER saying they took the one from her home.

Oh my goodness! If they didn't take his computer, I will just pitch a fit.

MOO, JMO

Salem, thank you for the information re: SW. Just to echo findDylan, do you think it might be possible to get that missing page?

Thank you.

I was just thinking some more about this. Maybe they needed one to search the travel trailer, or maybe MR's rental property.

As far as the thought that SW178 could have been for EH's house, I wonder if they were searching outside of La Plata County if it would come before a judge with jurisdiction over that property (just thinking as I type).

I don't think so. The actual case jurisdiction falls where Dylan went missing from. They would probably have to file where the case's jurisdiction falls, then team up with local LE at ER's home to actually do the search. Since a court in Co Springs wouldn't have actual jurisdiction over this specific case, I do think it falls where case's jurisdiction lies.

IIRC though the did search the rental house didn't they, so it could be for that. But that one probably have been left with the tenants I would think.

Salem, thank you for the information re: SW. Just to echo findDylan, do you think it might be possible to get that missing page?

Thank you.

Why do you all believe a page is missing, have you seen the documents before now to know there is another page? Just curious, because I don't see that one may be missing, I feel they would have written something on the first page about "see page 2" or something if there was.

I wonder if all Search Warrants in La Plata County list a Defendant's name on them.

Yes. That made me wonder if the products weren't purchased at Walmart on the 18th or by MR for Dylan on the morning of the 19th.

Maybe MR said it was among the things they bought at walmart that night OR they saw it in the basket in the walmart surveillance pics . Maybe Dylan took it out of the bag and put it straight into his backpack so he could take it with him to his friends' house first thing. SO LE knows it was purchased but it's not in the home and it's with Dylan, wherever it is. Maybe Dylan didn't pack anything like that from home and needed it. Boys of that age will need something like that all the time.

I think there is another page of the items seized in the search that was not released. The right side of the page appears to have been cut off, I'm guessing with a paper cutter. It is not cut evenly top to bottom and the page is too narrow. If you look at the top right, it show Pg 1 and then you can see a partial character which was most likely the beginning of the word "of" as in "Pg 1 of 2˝. Not coincidentally Imo the last item on the list uses the last line on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500