Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last page with the items' list there are 4 options at top , Received from, returned to , released to and SEIZED FROM. Does the word seized, vs. the word received from indicate that MR did not want to give up those items? Or is that just standard wording? It would seem is MR was willing and cooperative, he would just hand them to them and they would be listed as ' received from '. Any thoughts by any wiser sleuthers than me ? tks

I think there is another page of the items seized in the search that was not released. The right side of the page appears to have been cut off, I'm guessing with a paper cutter. It is not cut evenly top to bottom and the page is too narrow. If you look at the top right, it show Pg 1 and then you can see a partial character which was most likely the beginning of the word "of" as in "Pg 1 of 2˝. Not coincidentally Imo the last item on the list uses the last line on the form.

You are absolutely right! If you look at the photos in totality, the ones listing the SW requests for cars and home are taken with precision. The one listing the items seized is askew. It did seem like an awfully short list of items seized. I would *strongly suspect* there are further pages of items seized that we are not seeing. I do not much care about the missing pages themselves but the misrepresentation of the list bothers me. It seems to be presented as a comprehensive list of search warrant information but it clearly is not. It's like trying to put together a puzzle with a missing piece, which mirrors what LE is trying to do as well.

On the last page with the items' list there are 4 options at top , Received from, returned to , released to and SEIZED FROM. Does the word seized, vs. the word received from indicate that MR did not want to give up those items? Or is that just standard wording? It would seem is MR was willing and cooperative, he would just hand them to them and they would be listed as ' received from '. Any thoughts by any wiser sleuthers than me ? tks

In my experience, "seized from" refers to items taken with a search warrant.
Received from, refers to items taken without a search warrant.

These search warrants (as shown) are incomplete. The inventory list is missing a page (or more than one page) as evidenced by the upper right hand corner missing. There is a duplicate page. There is no inventory list from the trucks. There is a missing warrant that would have been issued in between the one for the house/shed/RV trailer and the vehicles.

Who provided this list? Mark Redwine? These are not complete. Very clever, but inaccurate.

The list of Seized property is an FBI form with an FBI case designation number on it. I wonder if there were any "received from" "released to," etc. lists

In my experience, "seized from" refers to items taken with a search warrant.
Received from, refers to items taken without a search warrant.

These search warrants (as shown) are incomplete. The inventory list is missing a page (or more than one page) as evidenced by the upper right hand corner missing. There is a duplicate page. There is no inventory list from the trucks. There is a missing warrant that would have been issued in between the one for the house/shed/RV trailer and the vehicles.

Who provided this list? Mark Redwine? These are not complete. Very clever, but inaccurate.

BBM , would that be like LE shows up and a family member just hands them an article of clothing and says ' here check this, it's what he had on last' and LE takes it to test ,e tc. ? Received vs. Seized? tia

In my experience, seized from refers to items taken with a search warrant.
Received from refers to items taken without a search warrant.

Yes, and I am now realizing that the documents uploaded here at WS are a "second edition", as the ones I have show the inconsistencies I mentioned above i. e. the page cut and pg numbering, whereas these do not. So much for transparency.

I wonder if this is a form they use for chain of custody and to keep track of where the items are? Any lawyers in the house?

If/when items are returned, maybe they get this same form with returned to checked.

The search warrants are here: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/Salem154/library/?sort=3&page=1#

Please discuss them respectfully.

WS has contacted LE, MR and the original owner of the original pictures of the search warrants. Based on the information we received, we believe they are authentic and copies of the actual documents.

If anyone has information to the contrary, please contact WS Admin right away.

Salem

Bumping this....

Maybe Salem or Tricia could give us further details on how they were authenticated since some are skeptical.

Bumping this....

Maybe Salem or Tricia could give us further details on how they were authenticated since some are skeptical.

I haven't seen anyone claim they are not authentic, only that they are incomplete. In other words, pages are missing. :seeya:

I don't doubt that the copies are authentic. I just am wondering if there are additional pages, especially of the FBI log of seized items. Maybe what was posted here is everything MR has in his possession.

I didn't either, it was someone else who pointed that out when I asked too! LOL. Then it made sense. At first I was just like you, WHAT? I was actually thinking more along the lines, did they think someone took the pipe off the washer(you know come to think of it, my washer doesn't have a pipe. It has like a water hose. Two, one read and one blue(I just went an looked) but really I was thinking of a water pipe in general, copper, that maybe someone took off and whacked someone with. I was thinking, that had to be hard, take it off, whack a person, put it back. Pipes are tight, but like I said when the person I spoke with said that, it made so much more sense than what I first thought.

The hoses have to be connected to a pipe, though. Most of them run up inside the wall with a space cut out to expose the connections. Some of them are not covered by a wall, and are lower down, with just a short pipe close to the floor, others are level with the top of the washer. Depends on how they're installed. Ours are on the wall at the side of the washer, not behind it.

From MR's interview with MB (Uncut version) found here on WS: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

Possibly MR had named the wrong movie? It does look like more than one was purchased at Walmart that evening so the DVD in the seizure list could be one of those purchased. I would love to see that Walmart receipt.

I immediately thought the pipe was an unattached pipe that happened to be near the washer. Don't know why, but we always had spare pipe parts laying around when I was a kid.

I agree that Axe is most likely referring to a package of body care products (my house usually is full of teenage boys that think that Axe is an alternative to showers. Ugh!)

Why no computer listed? That's very curious. Also nothing about swabbing the trucks. What does "swab" mean anyway - do they use a sterile cloth saturated with some sort of culture media or chemical that will lift but not destroy biological specimens? It's not the same as a fingerprint, is it? If anyone knows the details about what would be going on with the "swabs," I'd love to learn more.

I have some frustration reading this - why wasn't the hoodie mentioned on the Missing posters? what make of cell phone did Dylan have? what else is in the backpack? The reason I'm frustrated is now that tourist season is started down there, there is a possibility that items from Dylan's backpack might be found, and not necessarily all together if the backpack has started to disintegrate. It would be helpful to know exactly what to look for. Sorry, that's just my little rant.

They use swabs like Q-tips only bigger, I think. If they see a suspicious substance on an object they take a swab of it and put it in a separate plastic bag to send to the lab where it's tested and identified. Since this warrant was written up before the actual search, it only lists what they are looking for... not what they actually found.

The hoses have to be connected to a pipe, though. Most of them run up inside the wall with a space cut out to expose the connections. Some of them are not covered by a wall, and are lower down, with just a short pipe close to the floor, others are level with the top of the washer. Depends on how they're installed. Ours are on the wall at the side of the washer, not behind it.

The language doesn't state "pipe to the washer". It is next to the washer. For that reason we don't know if it is a washer fitting, a lead pipe, a smoke pipe...

I wonder if all Search Warrants in La Plata County list a Defendant's name on them.

Defendant??? He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so he is not a defendant. If you mean the owner of the property, I'm sure they do.

And "doctored"

Meh, I don't know if I'd go as far as saying "doctored" but I do believe someone is playing a little game. I think MR actually thinks this little tidbit is supposed to portray him in a "good light" but providing a "partial" view of what was actually seized is a different story. Not exactly as "transparent" as he would like us to believe, lol.

Regardless, until I see a comparable copy from LaPlata Sheriff Dept or the CBI, I am viewing these as I do most everything that comes from MR...and that is with a grain of salt. One thing I can say is this; I don't believe even he is very aware of what this list actually shows us, limited as it may be, lol. I think it's very good that he keeps speaking out and attempting to be "transparent". Very helpful overall. (wink, wink).

I wonder if this is a form they use for chain of custody and to keep track of where the items are? Any lawyers in the house?

If/when items are returned, maybe they get this same form with returned to checked.

I think you may be right. If it is potential evidence, it has to be signed for, each time it is transferred from one person's hands to the next. Chain of custody is very important in every case.

Ok, well maybe Salem or Tricia can elaborate on what was discussed with LE in regards to the SW and if that's all there was.

I'm just glad to know the posting of the SW doesn't hinder their investigation.

Defendant??? He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so he is not a defendant. If you mean the owner of the property, I'm sure they do.

I was just curious since the Search Warrant forms show MR's name as Defendant.

I have no idea if there is a page missing of the seized items, but to me, it looks like the picture of the document is at an angle. Complete or incomplete, I find the search warrant documents to be very interesting and I'd rather see them than not see them. Lordebee, are you saying the documents you posted are different from what Salem has furnished? It would be interesting to see the the differences. Can you post them somewhere for comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member