Searches for Lisa

Does anybody know how far of a search radius LE and others have been doing ? 1 mile, 5 mile ? Everything in between

TIA

I'm wondering with the creek search yesterday if they are searching what appears to be a small pond? Maybe the waterway possibilities searches are now their focus.
Small pond? Can you enlighten me?

Well, I would think, logically, LE knows that if the baby was still alive, sorry to say that folks, the parents wouldn't have the need for a high powered defense lawyer.

IF that's the case, they have an idea of who they think harmed Lisa. If the baby was harmed by someone in that house, the baby would be close by. MOO

The only exception to that would be in there was an accomplice.JMOO

IMO something they have heard, or something some FBI profiler has come up with keeps leading them back to the house. JMOO

We don't know what they have and what they don't have. It could be that they have something that makes them think the baby is close by. MOO

I agree that LE is looking for something around the Irwin home. I keep telling myself that "they are returning to the scene of the crime". jmo

Hey SARX -

Mike Brooks just reported that his contacts tell him the FBI Canine Forensic Unit is out there.

(I knew you'd like to hear that1)

Pretty sure they've been out and about since yesterday sometime, and oh yeah, makes me VERY happy!

Small pond? Can you enlighten me?

(If it's still there, 34th & Brighton just to the east) Goole Earth or map that. Appears in June 2011 satellite images.

Basically drive south from the Irwin home to the stop sign. When you hit Brighton go east across the street. You will see it.

Well, I would think, logically, LE knows that if the baby was still alive, sorry to say that folks, the parents wouldn't have the need for a high powered defense lawyer.

IF that's the case, they have an idea of who they think harmed Lisa. If the baby was harmed by someone in that house, the baby would be close by. MOO

The only exception to that would be in there was an accomplice.JMOO

They do seem to be focusing on a body. I wonder if a cadaver picked up scent in the house.

Well if they are doing a search like this, I will assume that they need a helicopter to help with search lights if they are using the dogs, SARX, you seem to be the resident expert as I see by your description, would that be so? If there are no spot lights I cant see them using the dogs.. Where I used to work, they used to bring the dogs to train and I know sometimes at night they would and they used spotlights for them..

(If it's still there, 34th & Brighton just to the east) Goole Earth or map that. Appears in June 2011 satellite images.

Basically drive south from the Irwin home to the stop sign. When you hit Brighton go east across the street. You will see it.
OK. duh Yes they have looked at it many times. It is pretty small now due to no rain. You will see video of them searching it from last week (Thurs? maybe). I am sure they were all over it again today.

Well if they are doing a search like this, I will assume that they need a helicopter to help with search lights if they are using the dogs, SARX, you seem to be the resident expert as I see by your description, would that be so? If there are no spot lights I cant see them using the dogs.. Where I used to work, they used to bring the dogs to train and I know sometimes at night they would and they used spotlights for them..
Nope, actually helicopters fling scent all about and disperse it in funny ways, so you really don't want them there. (one of many reasons why you don't want them).
Dogs and their handlers work just fine in the dark with flashlights. Portable lights can be brought in if they feel it's necessary but we are all very used to working with headlamps and handhelds.

All of the searches around the home are actually making me feel less hopeful. Makes me think they know something bad happened in the home, that Lisa is most likely deceased, but don't have a body or hardcore other evidence to prove it (like, a huge blood stain or something).

For general purposes as well going to add....
Dogs are probably the single best resource in the dark. They're using their nose, so they aren't nearly as limited as we human SAR are in the dark.

She's ten months old, there wouldn't be a huge bloodstain. The volume of blood in a child Lisa's size is only 600 mL or so.

All of the searches around the home are actually making me feel less hopeful. Makes me think they know something bad happened in the home, that Lisa is most likely deceased, but don't have a body or hardcore other evidence to prove it (like, a huge blood stain or something).

I agree. I think they know something and yet know nothing at the same time. I think they have solid reasons to believe she is no longer with us, but do not know where she is at this time. Sadly.

So...did LE return to the home to try to match whatever they found in the woods today to something in the back of the family residence?

(Just musing. I have to TELL you that because my head scratching emoticon is missing). ;)

She's ten months old, there wouldn't be a huge bloodstain. The volume of blood in a child Lisa's size is only 600 mL or so.

I know babies have less blood-I was commenting on LE being able to move forward with a case without a body. It is difficult in the absence of clear evidence that the person is diseased which usually comes in the form of some obvious physical matter (like, more blood than a person could stand to lose or...well, some other grosser possibilities I won't say).

Is there a thread for the sighting? Vinnie said someone reported a sighting at some restaurant in Kansas (150 miles (??) from the home). 2 women with a child. They ordered food but left before eating.

TIA

I suggest they ask people to volunteer who are close to the river - baby may be washed up somewhere. :(

If,and I'm speculating here, DB disposed of the body, why is LE having such trouble finding any clues? She says she was drunk, how much cover up could she do in that state? I'm more confused every day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back