Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else ever thought that Anna might have run away from her abductors when reaching her teen years? Would they have reported her missing with a new name? I've started to look at runaway teenagers in the early 80's and there are just too many of them. One of them I keep going back to look at is Mary Ann Hogland 12 yrs old with an alias of McCluskey. I can't imagine 12yr olds having aliases. Could that be the last name of a boyfriend? Looking at her picture, I can't help but notice the difference in hair texture. As a young child, straight fine hair, at age 12 curly frizzy hair. http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1247dfca.html

"Thick ankles" and "big in the bottom"? This is how this runaway girl was described? That just seems . . . weird.

Re: hair. I had straight blonde hair as a child. As an adult, without any artificial color or curly stuff, my hair is auburn and curly. Not Little Orphan Annie curly, but curly nonetheless. Things change as you grow, I guess. I'm still trying to get over that girl's odd description on Doe!

I have to correct myself again finding myself going back to Hogland. The most recent pic was not at the age of 12, but around the age of 9. No record of birth for this child in CA either. :waitasec:

This is an interesting hypothesis, and I must admit that there is some resemblence between the last picture of Anna and the youngest picture of Hoagland. However, I wonder if someone who had kidnapped Anna would report her to LE if she ran away. It seems unlikely.

Dr. Doogie said:
This is an interesting hypothesis, and I must admit that there is some resemblence between the last picture of Anna and the youngest picture of Hoagland. However, I wonder if someone who had kidnapped Anna would report her to LE if she ran away. It seems unlikely.
It appears she was reported missing by the Juvenile Justice Center. By law, they would have to report her missing.

Dr. Doogie said:
Is this the comparison? Her bangs look freshly cut.

Attachments

• mary ann, anna.JPG
    mary ann, anna.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 457
SherlockJr said:
It appears she was reported missing by the Juvenile Justice Center. By law, they would have to report her missing.
Good point! I had forgotten that she had been removed from her home by the authorities and that they reported it.

SherlockJr said:
Is this the comparison?
Yes. Hogland's face is a little fuller, but I see some resemblence. And Santa Rosa is not that far from HMB (maybe an hour or so), so it would fit into the hypothesis that the couple in the car lived within a half of a day's drive from where Anna disappeared.

Another member of the forum asked me earlier if there was an age progression of this person. I could not find where one was ever done. Could this child been adopted or been living with non-family members? That would explain why no age progression was done, not having pictures of actual relatives to resemble.

Mr. E said:
"Thick ankles" and "big in the bottom"? This is how this runaway girl was described? That just seems . . . weird.

Re: hair. I had straight blonde hair as a child. As an adult, without any artificial color or curly stuff, my hair is auburn and curly. Not Little Orphan Annie curly, but curly nonetheless. Things change as you grow, I guess. I'm still trying to get over that girl's odd description on Doe!
That description sounds like something said by a man about a WOMAN's physique when he is looking at her in a sexual way.

Mr. E, I agree with you, that is weird. I kinda wonder if she ran away for good reason.

Has anyone seen this site?

http://www.the-seeker.com/

I did a search on the forum, and I don't think it's been posted here before. It's a site that helps reunite people that have lost touch.

Courtesy of my new MySpace friend in Guam :)

ETA: They have sections specifically for those who are searching for adopted children and missing children.

Gina_M said:
Has anyone seen this site?

http://www.the-seeker.com/

I did a search on the forum, and I don't think it's been posted here before. It's a site that helps reunite people that have lost touch.

Courtesy of my new MySpace friend in Guam :)

ETA: They have sections specifically for those who are searching for adopted children and missing children.
Hi Gina, I frequently visit this page each month looking for Anna.

SherlockJr said:
Hi Gina, I frequently visit this page each month looking for Anna.
SherlockJr.
Have you ever posted Anna's information at that site? I did a search but didn't pull anything up on her. Maybe it would be a good idea to post her there. It looks like a pretty good site.

Shadow205 said:
SherlockJr.
Have you ever posted Anna's information at that site? I did a search but didn't pull anything up on her. Maybe it would be a good idea to post her there. It looks like a pretty good site.
Hi, Shadow: I went ahead and posted it on the site, since Sherlock is tied up this weekend. It does indeed look like a good site.

where did u post up the info i did a search on anna waters as well as a search on her dob and couldnt find anyting

smile22 said:
where did u post up the info i did a search on anna waters as well as a search on her dob and couldnt find anyting
It should be under "Relations" and then "Missing Children". I'll look again. The prompt said it had been posted.

u have to type in anna christian waters in the search and it will pull it up

There are a lot of pages in this particular thread. Perhaps we could considering starting a new thread labeled " Searching for Anna Continued" or "Searching for Anna, Part Two" ? Doogie? Mods? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500