Searching for Anna - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy.

Hi Mystic,

In all due respect for the family, I personally feel that they have primary goods out there for Anna or friends to recognize her. The age progressed photo was done by a professional and this one should last for a few years. I understand what you say about Anna MAY recognize other members within the family ie: mother, brothers... doggie... but odds are, imho, that Anna would recognize herself over them.. and.. others who now know Anna may see that resemblance.

Cheers, SK

I read this interesting article about a lady detective called Colleen Fitzpatrick and couldn't stop thinking about Anna. Has anyone ever considered contacting her???

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fitzpatrick-child-dna-2595638-family-shoes
It's a fascinating story. We are handicapped by having no DNA from Anna (only family samples which I think have gone into the national database to be compared with unidentifieds.) And we would need a detective like Tink (described in the old posts) who would be willing to work on a volunteer basis with very few clues to go on.

It's a fascinating story. We are handicapped by having no DNA from Anna (only family samples which I think have gone into the national database to be compared with unidentifieds.) And we would need a detective like Tink (described in the old posts) who would be willing to work on a volunteer basis with very few clues to go on.
Annasmom - This lady sounds phenomenal in her ability to research (not just DNA)...Would you perhaps consider sending her a copy of your book and a letter asking her for help?

Annasmom - This lady sounds phenomenal in her ability to research (not just DNA)...Would you perhaps consider sending her a copy of your book and a letter asking her for help?
It's certainly worth a try. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll send her an e-mail first, since her address is in the Register article, and see if she responds with an address where the book might be sent.

I e-mailed Colleen Fitzpatrick and she responded right away and wants to see the book. She says she has had quite a few requests since the stories came out in the Orange County Register, but that our story is "the worst". Thanks for alerting us to this new resource.

I e-mailed Colleen Fitzpatrick and she responded right away and wants to see the book. She says she has had quite a few requests since the stories came out in the Orange County Register, but that our story is "the worst". Thanks for alerting us to this new resource.

I so hope that Anna's story touches her like it has touched so many of us here and that she takes an interest in helping!

: )

I so hope that Anna's story touches her like it has touched so many of us here and that she takes an interest in helping!

I second that. Good job Pink. Good luck Annasmom, I hope Colleen can help in some way.

Annasmom,

Is your book available in book shops or only through Lu Lu and Amazon? I would like to but it and want to know if it is available in Australia otherwise I will order it on the internet. Also, if it is not in book shops, maybe it is worth thinking about as true stories like Anna's are very popular reading now.

I second that. Good job Pink. Good luck Annasmom, I hope Colleen can help in some way.

Annasmom,

Is your book available in book shops or only through Lu Lu and Amazon? I would like to but it and want to know if it is available in Australia otherwise I will order it on the internet. Also, if it is not in book shops, maybe it is worth thinking about as true stories like Anna's are very popular reading now.

Ozziemom, the book is published on demand by Lulu and may be either downloaded to one's computer or printed and mailed with a very short delay. A friend in England received his only a week after he ordered it. A bookstore could order it for you, but it would probably be faster to get it through Lulu, Barnes and Noble or Amazon via the internet. Another person I know downloaded it to his Kindle reader instantaneously.

It would be great to place it in bookstores, but it was a low-budget do-it-yourself operation between Doogie and me, so this seemed the best way for us to go with it!

The book is not enabled for electronic download, only available as a physical book. Some bookstores may have it - it is available through Lulu's distributor - but the only sure way of finding it is online.

Ozziemom, the book is published on demand by Lulu and may be either downloaded to one's computer or printed and mailed with a very short delay. A friend in England received his only a week after he ordered it. A bookstore could order it for you, but it would probably be faster to get it through Lulu, Barnes and Noble or Amazon via the internet. Another person I know downloaded it to his Kindle reader instantaneously.

It would be great to place it in bookstores, but it was a low-budget do-it-yourself operation between Doogie and me, so this seemed the best way for us to go with it!

Thanks Annasmom, I am going to order it today.

The book is not enabled for electronic download, only available as a physical book. Some bookstores may have it - it is available through Lulu's distributor - but the only sure way of finding it is online.

Thanks Doogie. I wouldn't want to download it anyway, I prefer to buy a hard copy. I'm one of those odd women that's not into shoes and hand bags, books are my big downfall in life, I have hundreds :)

Ms. Fizpatrick gave me permission to reprint her latest letter to me here. I searched and found that Anna is indeed registered in the NAMUS database.

Hi Michaele,

Although you have worked through law enforcement it's important that you make sure your daughter's information is in the NAMUS database. This is a new online database for missing persons and unidentified remains. www.namus.gov. The missing persons part was put online two yrs ago, the unidentified remains part was made available last yr. In june of this year they were joined together to search for matches.

At the moment, there are 106,000 missing persons in the US, and 40,000 sets of unidentified remains, Yet the new database only has abt 5000 missing people in it, and only 1,700 sets of remains loaded. It's not that law enforcement does not do due diligence, it's that it takes time for organizations to get their info organized and have the time and funds to enter what they have.

So I strongly, really strongly suggest you go to the NAMUS website and make sure you daughter is registered. You should also search the unid'd section to see if anything matches her description.

After exhausting every lead you've had over the years, NAMUS presents you with something new-and more hope you will discover what happened to her. Remember too that even if you don't find her in the NAMUS databases, they are only going to grow, and once her info is in there, it is going to be available to match against forever.

Colleen

Ooooh. I already like Colleen and feel encouraged by her! Yay Colleen! Please stay awhile...We would love your help!

Annasmom - I just want to send you a hug and kiss...Still here after so many years hoping to find your baby. I am one year older than Anna (I was born in 1966) and I have a child who is 4. My heart is with you day in and day out...And I so want you to find your baby!

I'm also a babbling fool so please forgive me...But I just wanted you to know that my sentiments are with you!

Annasmom - I just want to send you a hug and kiss...Still here after so many years hoping to find your baby. I am one year older than Anna (I was born in 1966) and I have a child who is 4. My heart is with you day in and day out...And I so want you to find your baby!

I'm also a babbling fool so please forgive me...But I just wanted you to know that my sentiments are with you!
Thank you, Pink Panther.

I ordered my copy of "Searching For Anna" today :) Now I can't wait to get it :(

I will be away for a while (travelling) and didn't want to give the impression that I was not participating. I'll check in as soon as I can as I am anxiously awaiting any news of potentially new progress!

I just watched the Oprah show concerning Jaycee Dugard and other missing children. They had a scroll runing on the right side of the screen of other missing children and, unfortunately, Anna was not shown. Many cases that we are familiar with were shown (Cynthia Sumpter, Kevin Collins, Michaela Garecht, etc.), but no Anna.

:banghead:

I will be away for a while (travelling) and didn't want to give the impression that I was not participating. I'll check in as soon as I can as I am anxiously awaiting any news of potentially new progress!

Safe travels, Pink Panther.
Annasunc has updated www.searchingforanna.com to include the recent article in the Half Moon Bay Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500