Searching for Anna - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the Oprah show concerning Jaycee Dugard and other missing children. They had a scroll runing on the right side of the screen of other missing children and, unfortunately, Anna was not shown. Many cases that we are familiar with were shown (Cynthia Sumpter, Kevin Collins, Michaela Garecht, etc.), but no Anna.

:banghead:

Hi Doogie,

Have you tried contacting the Oprah show to do a story on Anna and maybe some other missing children? This might be really good timing.

Hi Doogie,

Have you tried contacting the Oprah show to do a story on Anna and maybe some other missing children? This might be really good timing.
We have written Oprah before, but you are right about the timing being good, so I just wrote the show again. I also mentioned that 48 Hours Mystery had shot quite a lot of video on the case which is probably still in the files at CBS news, since it was never used. Hope for the best!

We have written Oprah before, but you are right about the timing being good, so I just wrote the show again. I also mentioned that 48 Hours Mystery had shot quite a lot of video on the case which is probably still in the files at CBS news, since it was never used. Hope for the best!

Good luck Annasmom. I hope they agree to do a story.

I suddenly have a sense of deja vu'. :angel:

Sorry about that. My computer kept loading without ever finishing the post, but I guess it was posting it after all. Anyway, I think I've removed all the duplicate posts. BTW, it will be a miracle if we ever hear from the Oprah people, since so many of us wrote the show before and never got a response of any kind.

Sorry about that. My computer kept loading without ever finishing the post, but I guess it was posting it after all. Anyway, I think I've removed all the duplicate posts. BTW, it will be a miracle if we ever hear from the Oprah people, since so many of us wrote the show before and never got a response of any kind.

Hi Annasmom,

I would be happy to send an email to the Oprah show if you think it would help. It might help if they see that Anna's case has international interest as well as national interest. Maybe some other international members on here could do the same.

I would be happy to run my email by you and Doogie before I sent it.

Please let me know.

Someone just recently suggested a new aged progressed pic of Anna, which at the time I thought probably wasn't really relevent, but after seeing the pic of Jaycee today, I think I have changed my mind.

Maybe Anna's pic needs to be done with dark hair as well. Her hair may have darkened naturally or she may have dyed it, either way, it would be interesting to see her aged progressed photo with darker hair.

Coincidently, I just wrote Oprah last week, I didn't write it on the forum as the last time we did this we didn't hear back. In light of Jaycee I suggested they look into doing a show on Anna and perhaps another missing child for interest and to help others... If I hear anything, I'll post!

Hi Annasmom,

I would be happy to send an email to the Oprah show if you think it would help. It might help if they see that Anna's case has international interest as well as national interest. Maybe some other international members on here could do the same.

I would be happy to run my email by you and Doogie before I sent it.

Please let me know.

Of course! I just wrote e-mail to their website, but however you contact them is fine.

Someone just recently suggested a new aged progressed pic of Anna, which at the time I thought probably wasn't really relevent, but after seeing the pic of Jaycee today, I think I have changed my mind.

Maybe Anna's pic needs to be done with dark hair as well. Her hair may have darkened naturally or she may have dyed it, either way, it would be interesting to see her aged progressed photo with darker hair.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children updates these pictures every four years, so we're not due for another one yet. They did do a "regressed" picture of Anna at age 17 or 18 at our request so that it could be compared to high school yearbooks, but you can imagine how busy their forensic artists are and I'm afraid we just have to wait our turn right now. Did you see a side-by-side of the actual photo of Jaycee and her age-advanced picture? I'd be interested to see how close they came. Most of them are really good. (By the way, the artist did darken Anna's hair on the latest picture, but after looking at other family pictures he left some blonde highlights.)

The side-by-side of the adult Jaycee and her age progression is stunningly similar. Her hair is darker than the AP and her face is slightly fuller, but it is in all other ways a perfect match.

The side-by-side of the adult Jaycee and her age progression is stunningly similar. Her hair is darker than the AP and her face is slightly fuller, but it is in all other ways a perfect match.

I completely agree with you. Sooo similar, bang on just fuller face/darker hair!

I ordered my copy of "Searching For Anna" today :) Now I can't wait to get it :(

I can't believe it, I received my copy of "Searching For Anna" today. I only ordered it last Saturday. Guess what I will be doing tonight :)

I can't believe it, I received my copy of "Searching For Anna" today. I only ordered it last Saturday. Guess what I will be doing tonight :)

What is really amazing is that not only did Lulu process and ship your order that quickly, they actually printed it also during this time period. I am a printer by trade and I am greatly impressed with the technology that Lulu uses to produce and ship books "on demand".

Ms. Fizpatrick gave me permission to reprint her latest letter to me here. I searched and found that Anna is indeed registered in the NAMUS database.

Hi Michaele,

Although you have worked through law enforcement it's important that you make sure your daughter's information is in the NAMUS database. This is a new online database for missing persons and unidentified remains. www.namus.gov. The missing persons part was put online two yrs ago, the unidentified remains part was made available last yr. In june of this year they were joined together to search for matches.

At the moment, there are 106,000 missing persons in the US, and 40,000 sets of unidentified remains, Yet the new database only has abt 5000 missing people in it, and only 1,700 sets of remains loaded. It's not that law enforcement does not do due diligence, it's that it takes time for organizations to get their info organized and have the time and funds to enter what they have.

So I strongly, really strongly suggest you go to the NAMUS website and make sure you daughter is registered. You should also search the unid'd section to see if anything matches her description.

After exhausting every lead you've had over the years, NAMUS presents you with something new-and more hope you will discover what happened to her. Remember too that even if you don't find her in the NAMUS databases, they are only going to grow, and once her info is in there, it is going to be available to match against forever.

Colleen

Annasmom - Have you heard anything else from Colleen???

What is really amazing is that not only did Lulu process and ship your order that quickly, they actually printed it also during this time period. I am a printer by trade and I am greatly impressed with the technology that Lulu uses to produce and ship books "on demand".

It is totally amazing to me that Lulu can print, bind and deliver a book from the US to AU in 6 days. I work in international freight (international customer support with TNT, the US is part of my region) and this is incredable.

Well done Lulu :)

I heard from Cubby, whose computer is on the blink but who has been distributing copies of the HMB Review story in the meantime. She needs a computer tower compatible with Windows XP (she has everything but the tower). If anybody has one they don't need or want to get rid of, she'll be glad to pay for shipping. PM me and I'll get the word to her.

Hi All,

Recall we were chatting about children's homes, orphanages etc., possible homes Anna could have been sent to in September? I faxed a request to the above noted home inquiring if Anna was sent there and received a fax back today.

She apologizes for the delay in responding back to me, in terms of confidentiality, they cannot release any info without a court order. Is it at all possible to obtain a court order for these homes? The records here would be .... numerical? I cannot make out the word, from that time period and probably not much help, but goes on to say they would only be the name, D.O.B. and length of stay. (which is want we wanted!). Duh... I will fax back could they check name and date of birth! However, I sent her full name.....
http://www.childrenshome.us/

Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie,

I finished reading "Searching for Anna" a few days ago. Normally I would read a book this size in a day, but unfortunately I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to read.

After reading so many of the threads on WS, I have learned so much more about Anna, your family and the search for Anna, by reading your book.

This might seem a bit far fetched but I'm going to put it out there anyway. One thing that really jumped out at me after reading "Searching for Anna" was the fact the the girl that said she spoke to Anna after her disappearance said the little girl told her that her name was Michelle and one of Anna's brother's said he had a dream about Anna but in the dream Anna was named Michelle. Which came first, the girl or the dream? And through in the picture of "M" that GB gave GW to take on holiday with him and it gets even creepier.

Did the girl say that the little girl had blonde hair, brown eyes, a mole on her cheek? (not that I think the mole is of great importance, as I said once before, GW was a doctor and could have very possibly removed it so Anna wouldn't be recognised).

What state did the girl live in at the time she said she saw Anna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther