Severe weather April 13 & 14 2012 in Tornado Alley

I'm here to report that, having just been on a jaunt to the dollar store, at least half of Miami, Oklahoma, is on the streets, probably headed for the WalMart Supercenter, so that if we're struck by deadly weather we can at least die eating.

You guys stay safe out there!!! I am in Michigan and live a few miles up the road from where the tornados hit a few weeks ago in Dexter.. truly frightening and we had hardly no warning...

everyone stay safe!

It's fun to joke about bad weather on its way - can't do a thing about it, after all - but please be sure you're prepared. You may have seen this incredible footage from the Joplin tornado last year but, if not, it's scarier than hell and records the human cost of angry Nature:
[video=youtube;EfdK6H9d6J0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdK6H9d6J0[/video]

Tornado on ground near Norman, Oklahoma. The area from Moore and Norman Oklahoma is really bad guys, and may produce tornadoes at anytime. Tornado is rain wrapped and hard to see. Headed to Norman.

Incredible video wfgodot.

It's fun to joke about bad weather on its way - can't do a thing about it, after all - but please be sure you're prepared. You may have seen this incredible footage from the Joplin tornado last year but, if not, it's scarier than hell and records the human cost of angry Nature:
Devastating EF5 Joplin Tornado and Aftermath May 22, 2011 - YouTube

Wow, I hadn't seen this particular video...absolutely heartbreaking! Impossible to watch without crying. Prayers for everyone that has to go through bad weather tonight. I think for my area it's a slight risk, if that. Kind of unusual actually, I'm not complaining though.

Wow, I hadn't seen this particular video...absolutely heartbreaking! Impossible to watch without crying. Prayers for everyone that has to go through bad weather tonight. I think for my area it's a slight risk, if that. Kind of unusual actually, I'm not complaining though.
I know - I've watched it a few times and it always brings the tears. I'd watched radar all that afternoon and just before heading for the futon and a nap, I saw one area of the storm flash purple - tornadic activity - just after it had passed us by, to the west about five miles; the was the weaker of the two tornados. The stronger had formed a half hour earlier in Kansas, near my hometown. The two met, descended, and together made the F5 that devastated Joplin, about 25 miles from my house.

I have really grown to be scared of severe weather, it never bothered me when I was younger. Just watching all of the coverage and reading this thread has made me feel like I could throw up.

Everyone stay safe!!

Heavy rains and bright lightning here in NE OK in the last hour but only downside has been the modem cutting out and a scared Boston terrier lying directly beside my legs. Looks like heavy weather coming directly this way from OKC area, possibly to Tulsa already, next. That will include hail of one size or another.

Weather channel saying it hit in Norman, OK with damage along I-35 hitting restaurants, etc. Rain rapped so hard to see.

I have really grown to be scared of severe weather, it never bothered me when I was younger. Just watching all of the coverage and reading this thread has made me feel like I could throw up.

Everyone stay safe!!

Don't be scared, this thread has links and info people can use to be safe.

Being alert and having a plan makes us prepared.

I'd be more afraid of earthquakes...no warning system in yet.

Continuing my prayers for humans and all creatures affected, in Jesus' Holy and Protective Name, amen!

Good links HMSHood. I've save one of the links.

Well folks the models have changed somewhat since yesterday, please be very cautious at night.

Don't be scared, this thread has links and info people can use to be safe.

Being alert and having a plan makes us prepared.

I'd be more afraid of earthquakes...no warning system in yet.

Much easier said than done. It's nice to have a warning system but nothing can prepare people for possibly losing family members, their homes, and everything they own. :twocents:

Much easier said than done. It's nice to have a warning system but nothing can prepare people for possibly losing family members, their homes, and everything they own. :twocents:

So true davehead. I can't even begin to image what those people who lose homes, jobs and especially loved ones feel. Daughter's friend was living in Joplin when the tornado went through. Her apartment was torn up, her car demolished and where she worked destroyed. She was fortunate she didn't lose any family. She had to move out of the area. Yesterday Norman Oklahoma got the tornado warning after the tornado was on the ground.

I noticed on the link HMSHood supplied on the right side under Home, you can sign up for email alerts and RSSfeeds.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back