Severe weather April 13 & 14 2012 in Tornado Alley

Forecasters say to expect "life-threatening" storms throughout the Midwest starting Saturday afternoon, in a path ranging from Minnesota to Texas. Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma are projected to receive the brunt of the damage, which could include thunderstorms, tornadoes and hail.

Here are some details on why these early warnings — which came on Friday — are so unusual.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/severe-us-weather-warning-16139362

Stay safe, my friends... you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Like they say in Florida, "hunker down!" :)

Sitting here right now in the area they are predicting to be the "ground zero" location....windy, overcast, humid but nothing developing just yet. Radar is showing some development in the southwest Kansas area at the moment. We shall see what the rest of the day brings....always a bit unnerving to see the storm chasers and NWS trucks rolling all around the area!!!

Possible tornado's in Slina (sp?) from above link.

Okay, I'm quickly becoming a fan of Drew & Cody...excellent coverage and great personalities. Enjoying the Ustream Chat as well. I'm just amazed at how far we've come where technology and weather reporting is concerned. These guys are doing a great service for the public!

Particularly dangerous situation via Drew & Cody. The sky's are definitely growing darker over Kansas.

SE of Russel Ks. some rotation no warning issued yet.

Lincoln NE about to get hit according to Drew & Cody. Don't know if that means tornado or just hit by the storm.

Thankfully, school officials in several districts in our area have already moved prom festivities away from hotel ballrooms and public venues back to the school campuses where there are more than adequate tornado shelter areas to hold all of the kids and their guests tonight. We are now at a 9 out of a 10 possible on the danger index.

Lincoln NE about to get hit according to Drew & Cody. Don't know if that means tornado or just hit by the storm.

Yes....they need to be very cautious...today is the spring football red/white game on the NU campus....often there are as many as 50,000 people in town for that event!!!

I tornado reported near Lawton OK.

Oops Lawton, OK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500