Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gang

EWW EWW EWWWWWW....

first, here are some of my notes -- I found and listened to the press conf.

======
one person involved
not random, actually intended to kill the 3 members
evidence - state's attorney (discussed throughout the week)
defer charges until further forensics and/or documents, reports
don't want to jump to anything - this is very serious
put public at ease, was not random act
anticipating charges in the future, when forensics come in - anticipate an arrest

"at this point" there is no one around Mr. Coleman
not talking about mr. coleman, I'm not listing as a suspect

not saying whether there are concerns the individual will leave the area (the one they believe did it)

investigation went to Chicago, Florida, Missouri, Springfield, all types of areas

Asked about "Bale type things, brought into the building" -- were those related to the investigation? He would not comment.

Not commenting about that person - i.e. are they being watched

Evidence we've collected, around Interstate 255, we believe there was evidence discarded along this route -- if someone saw something -- maybe along the bridge, let them call us.

Waiting on official cause of death forensics, pathologist, probably wait for coroner's inquest for that.

There was a meeting with the state's attorney -- anticipated the possiblity there would be charges today - decided to defer, wait a little longer. They were ready to present the case to state's attorney today -- he wanted to analyze information submitted.

Asking anyone for anything they might have seen prior to the discovery of the bodies -- discovered around 6:51AM

looking for anything "out of the ordinary" -- asking them to please call.

how confident are you that after analysis ... state attorney will file charges: confident case will be solved (after further analysis)

Asked of Major Conner:
Is it fair characterization to say you know who did this --
Our investigation, to me, reveals who's responsible for these deaths. I'll leave it at that.
======

BALE TYPE THINGS? BALE TYPE THINGS BROUGHT INTO THE BUILDING? LIKE TARGETS FOR BOWS AND ARROWS? Like maybe with a similar spray paint on them or ?

W

I heard that too Dogwood. The only thing I could think of is that one of CC's mistresses lives there.

Hello Gang

EWW EWW EWWWWWW....

======
one person involved
not random, actually intended to kill the 3 members
evidence - state's attorney (discussed throughout the week)
defer charges until further forensics and/or documents, reports
don't want to jump to anything - this is very serious
put public at ease, was not random act
anticipating charges in the future, when forensics come in - anticipate an arrest

"at this point" there is no one around Mr. Coleman
not talking about mr. coleman, I'm not listing as a suspect

not saying whether there are concerns the individual will leave the area (the one they believe did it)

investigation went to Chicago, Florida, Missouri, Springfield, all types of areas

Asked about "Bale type things, brought into the building" -- were those related to the investigation? He would not comment.

Not commenting about that person - i.e. are they being watched

Evidence we've collected, around Interstate 255, we believe there was evidence discarded along this route -- if someone saw something -- maybe along the bridge, let them call us.

Waiting on official cause of death forensics, pathologist, probably wait for coroner's inquest for that.

There was a meeting with the state's attorney -- anticipated the possiblity there would be charges today - decided to defer, wait a little longer. They were ready to present the case to state's attorney today -- he wanted to analyze information submitted.

Asking anyone for anything they might have seen prior to the discovery of the bodies -- discovered around 6:51AM

looking for anything "out of the ordinary" -- asking them to please call.

how confident are you that after analysis ... state attorney will file charges: confident case will be solved (after further analysis)

Asked of Major Conner:
Is it fair characterization to say you know who did this --
Our investigation, to me, reveals who's responsible for these deaths. I'll leave it at that.
======

BALE TYPE THINGS? BALE TYPE THINGS BROUGHT INTO THE BUILDING? LIKE TARGETS FOR BOWS AND ARROWS? Like maybe with a similar spray paint on them or ?

W

Great notes,Wrinkles. One thought, when he said Springfield, he could have meant IL - we have one as well, tis the state capital.

I saw a clip on the news of a cop caring a bale thing - it was white, covered in what looked like plastic tape, maybe red. I didn't pay that much attention. Would have been on Fox 2.

WOW! That's all I can say. So obvious they KNOW it's Chris. Thanks to everyone for updating!

well, I hate to say this if no one else knew this, but on the same day this all happened, droves of detectives went door to door asking for information. I asked the detective if this was an isolated case or a random killing, because it didn't look like a random thing.
He told me "I can't tell you anything, because of the investigation and such. But, any reasonable person with a bit of knowledge [wink, wink] would see that this is clearly an isolated incident."

They knew that this was just one person and one person had done this from teh first day, but seems as though they were just gathering evidence.

Hello Gang

EWW EWW EWWWWWW....

======

W

Snipped by me for space.

So would that be like bales of hay with targets spray painted on them??? If so what a dumba$$ using a can of spray paint from his house! should've at least bought a new one in a different color. If this is the case I'm betting they have alot of evidence. He's not as smart as he thinks...

Okay you'ze guys!!!

These "bale type things" that were mentioned being brought in at the conference...just how might those connect to anything?

My first thought would be, do you use a spray paint to paint targets on those? Could that spray paint at a target at the home be linked to the spray paint in the crime?

Which one of you sleuther's found that littlesheric bow hunting thing? Might you have given them a GREAT tip to have looked at?

I recall asking, were there targets towards the lake, maybe something the children shot at? Or maybe these were somewhere else and picked up -- on a Coleman property?

What could those bales be used for? The paint, a hunter wouldn't leave a bow hanging on one of those would he -- not outdoors? Maybe one with a string missing?

AND, I very much remember one of the guestbook people, sorely grieved, mentioning -- as if they were talking to one of the children -- that they would never step in the way of a target again.

Target...TARGET? Spray paint? Anything else?

W

Found it about "walking in a target" (don't know what it means but):

>>Tell Garrett I will never walk in a Target with out thinking about him.<<

Oh no :) I get it a "Target" store :)

So forget this item -- but this entry was the one that mentioned "texting" with Sheri. There WERE texts to her friend. Again, hope the police has interviewed this friend who seemed to love Sheri and the boys so much.

W

Wrinkles, I heard them mention the bales too. The only thing I could think of is maybe they are going to go through the neighborhood trash with a fine tooth comb. Hate to be the person that gets to do that.

When the reporter asked about the bales it sounded like the MCS dude didn't know what she was talking about. It could have been that he didn't hear her, but then when someone clarified the question Mr. MCS still didn't know what they were talking about. Once he did hear them he did a variation of the "no comment" dance. I could be reading it wrong though.

Okay you'ze guys!!!

These "bale type things" that were mentioned being brought in at the conference...just how might those connect to anything?

My first thought would be, do you use a spray paint to paint targets on those? Could that spray paint at a target at the home be linked to the spray paint in the crime?

Which one of you sleuther's found that littlesheric bow hunting thing? Might you have given them a GREAT tip to have looked at?

I recall asking, were there targets towards the lake, maybe something the children shot at? Or maybe these were somewhere else and picked up -- on a Coleman property?

What could those bales be used for? The paint, a hunter wouldn't leave a bow hanging on one of those would he -- not outdoors? Maybe one with a string missing?

AND, I very much remember one of the guestbook people, sorely grieved, mentioning -- as if they were talking to one of the children -- that they would never step in the way of a target again.

Target...TARGET? Spray paint? Anything else?

W

I saw that reference and it was never shopping the same way in a Target store again. Target .. major chain.

You can tell that I'm a city girl because when he said bales I was so not thinking bales of hay... I figured it was some kind of container.:bang:

Hello Dogwood,

I wondered about Springfield too -- and as our other WSr daisy.f -- I wondered if it was mistress interview (weren't there evidently a few "rumored" mistresses?) But -- was there a family property, cabin, or someplace where there were bow and arrow targets used by the family?

Also ArtieG, is there anyway that family had bales of hay targets set by the lake that were used for bow and arrow practice? Or are arrows for that type of practice too valuable to loose in lake, or might there have been a backboard where most wouldn't be? (judging relatively well trained archers?)

Oh and ArtieG -- thanks for coming in here and hanging with us, I know this whole thing must really be an upset to your lovely neighborhood, one that should never be upset by anything such as this.

W

Oh DaisyF,

You could be righter -- did the Coleman family have a trash bailer in their home? It was "trash day that day." Did the police grab bails of trash in their trash can. Good thinking. I could be completely wrong -- that is why I asked.

What could these "bales" mean?

W

Edit: bailer = baler (misspelling?)

Which camera is being referred to? Was the camera aimed at the mailbox the one in question? Someone posted a page or so back that it's believed the "guts" of the camera were found in the lake behind the home and there is the rumor about the DVR being found under or around the bridge along 255.

Thanks!

Hiya Analytical,

Yeah, thanks about the Target store thing, I was looking for the reference while you were typing and caught my error. You are correct, that was "target" with a capital "T."

Thanks for catching that, it would have driven me nuts if I hadn't found it.

W

Hiya Analytical,

Yeah, thanks about the Target store thing, I was looking for the reference while you were typing and caught my error. You are correct, that was "target" with a capital "T."

Thanks for catching that, it would have driven me nuts if I hadn't found it.

W

welcome :)

Wrinkles, the first thing that came to my mind was baling wire...

There were two bales of hay sitting right behind the Coleman house. I recall seeing them in the photo of the window, door, and two detectives. Let me find it~

My first thought of the bales when I saw them were how out of place they appeared to be in that setting. It is the only reason I remembered them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57