Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to Miss Motive's myspace and facebook or did it go poof? (just starting to read up on this case)
IIRC Myspace was totally removed. I don't know about facebook.

Susan Moss is stressing the same points I've been thinking about! :) Also, that if it was a "stranger" out killing people, why not arrest the perp before he strikes again.

Exactly! I bet they could at least pick a "stranger" up for some kind of violation

Susan Moss is stressing the same points I've been thinking about! :) Also, that if it was a "stranger" out killing people, why not arrest the perp before he strikes again.

It's a good point. For the sake of argument, let's say the individual sending the threatening notes was not CC and is the killer. I would venture to say they would be a little looney tunes and therefore may very well be a danger to others. And, if LE knows who that individual is, they would surely be obligated to get them off the streets for the safety of the community.

But that's not what's happening, is it? :waitasec:

Started looking over NG transcript from the 13th & this caught my eye:

Chris Coleman, the husband and father who lost his wife and two kids to reported strangulation in their own home, may have been having a relationship with another woman, according to “The St. Louis Post-Dispatch,” “The Post-Dispatch” alleging through law enforcement sources cops traveled to Florida to interview the alleged, woman who they report worked in a bar and as a hostess for a gentlemen`s club. An attorney for Coleman tells the newspaper he doesn`t think it`s appropriate to comment on the status of the investigation and says he has no knowledge of anyone by the alleged woman`s name.

Hmmmm...so if CC's attorney honestly didn't know the g/f's name, does this mean he was blindsided by a reporter's inquiry? :eek:

Does this mean that CC had not disclosed to his atty that he had some kind of relationship on the side??

An atty wouldn't lie about this would he (?) - so it doesn't look too good for CC to have withheld this info from his high-powered defense atty.

wow.

I know what you are saying, Fairy...but those of us here in Monroe & Randolph Counties will feel a whole lot better when the get CC of the street, if he indeed is the perp.....

Exactly. If it was some stranger to the family or other outside person, the public would have a reason to be alarmed because anyone able to stalk and wipe out a whole family is a threat to all of us - they can snap at any time. The fact that LE has definitely tried to allay the fears of the public by saying this was an "isolated" incident speaks volumes. Further, one poster on here who is local said that LE came by her home and after asking if she saw anything, basically gave her the wink wink, nod nod and reassured her that the public has nothing to worry about and that "it is pretty much what it seems to be", or something to that effect. Certainly seems LE has CC in their sights.
Thanks for that information! I haven't gone back and read the previous threads since I only started following the case after NG began spotlighting it this week. I remember that exact term "isolated" incident used in Nancy Cooper's murder and guess what, husband was arrested. :)

It's a good point. For the sake of argument, let's say the individual sending the threatening notes was not CC and is the killer. I would venture to say they would be a little looney tunes and therefore may very well be a danger to others. And, if LE knows who that individual is, they would surely be obligated to get them off the streets for the safety of the community.

But that's not what's happening, is it? :waitasec:
No it sure isn't what's happening. It looks to me like they know who the perp is, what his motive is and why he won't be killing others, and they need to build up more evidence against him before arresting him and charging him with the murders. If they don't have a good case before the arrest, guess who will want a speedy trial and the DA will be sunk. MOO

LE needs to give up more info. I want to know TOD
If those bodies were cold when LE got there, then CC is done! imo

I think we would all love to hear more about what LE knows thus far! And I was thinking, that's not going to happen - unless.....

I'm no legal eagle, but I assume that unless CC is officially named as a suspect, his attorneys also will not know what evidence they have against him. Must be difficult to advise your client when you don't know what the other team has on them. If LE wants to force a confession sooner rather than later, might they release a few more tidbits of info? The statements they have made the past couple of days lead me to believe they want CC to squirm.

Started looking over NG transcript from the 13th & this caught my eye:

Chris Coleman, the husband and father who lost his wife and two kids to reported strangulation in their own home, may have been having a relationship with another woman, according to “The St. Louis Post-Dispatch,” “The Post-Dispatch” alleging through law enforcement sources cops traveled to Florida to interview the alleged, woman who they report worked in a bar and as a hostess for a gentlemen`s club. An attorney for Coleman tells the newspaper he doesn`t think it`s appropriate to comment on the status of the investigation and says he has no knowledge of anyone by the alleged woman`s name.

Hmmmm...so if CC's attorney honestly didn't know the g/f's name, does this mean he was blindsided by a reporter's inquiry? :eek:

Does this mean that CC had not disclosed to his atty that he had some kind of relationship on the side??

An atty wouldn't lie about this would he (?) - so it doesn't look too good for CC to have withheld this info from his high-powered defense atty.

wow.
Just speculating here.....and wanted to respond to your post.....but is it certain..... A fact, that the attorney is there, not to represent his interests........but to represent the interests of the JMM.....i wondered at times, since he came into the situation kinda of quick......if perhaps, he came from the jmm to make sure, as best as possible, that nothing he was asked, would put a negitive feeling on her ministry...........just curious.

And if I may add......without looking through the threads, I am going to assume, it has already been established as fact, that he LEFT the home that morning, and called LE.........and not left from somewhere else, as someone before this post made mention of................thankyou....
OT....thats a lovely picture, you have posted on your signature.....I hope you get some resolution to that situation soon.......it caught my eye, and that is why i replied to your posting........does she have a thread here, for one to read....THANKYOU.

I know what you are saying, Fairy...but those of us here in Monroe & Randolph Counties will feel a whole lot better when the get CC of the street, if he indeed is the perp.....

Understood and I'm sure everyone following this case feels the same way - no matter where they live! I am confident LE is keeping a close eye on the perp.

OK - Not sure if it's OK to post this, but it is public record. Mods please erase if it's not allowable.

I've done some research on Tara L Linz and this is what I came up with:

TL Born 10/19/1977 - in New Jersey. Largo High, 1996. USF 1996 -2000.
No military record that I can find.

Married Peter J Belcastro on 7/30/2001.
Peter Belcastro was 8 years her senior.

PB was arrested in July of 1993 (Pinellas County) for running an Adult Use Business without a license. He was 25 yrs old at the time. (Quite the entrepreneur)

TL was 23yrs and PB 32yrs when they married.

In June of 2001, one month before the marriage, records show PB bought a property in Brandon, FL. It appears there may have been an arrangement for him to pay an outstanding 2nd motgage on the property (I'm not sure) but there is no consideration on the warranty deed, only the $10.00 legal transfer.
At that time he had $12,000 in legal judgements and an IRs Lien against him.

On July 26th, 2002, PB deeded the house to TL via Quit Claim Deed.

On October 3rd, 2003 TL sold the house to Javier Perez for $194,00.00 PB satisfied his lien and judgements in November of 2003.

It has been posted that they divorced in 2004, but I cannot find a record of it yet.

Here's the quit claim deed - you can search on PB and see the rest.
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/showdetails.aspx?id=8670732&rn=8&pi=0&
ref=search

Maybe it is time that people here in the county or community start picketing outside the Coleman house asking for justice for Sheri and her boys.

My big fear is Coleman is going to try to go down in a blaze glory. Suicide by LE but who knows how many other people he may take down with him. This is a man that in my mind did kill his 2 sweet boys and his beautiful wife? Who else will he try to take down with him?
(trust me - all kinds of murderous things are running through this guys head now because he has been caught and he knows it. I think he is too much of a narcissist and a sociopath to kill himself.)

It's hard for one person to say what another finds attractive. If CC was attracted to her for whatever reason - and did something about it - that's the important thing. Halle Berry's husband cheated on her.

A man does not love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because he loves her.

, what a wonderful thing to say! Will you marry me? :crazy:

Maybe it is time that people here in the county or community start picketing outside the Coleman house asking for justice for Sheri and her boys.

My big fear is Coleman is going to try to go down in a blaze glory. Suicide by LE but who knows how many other people he may take down with him. This is a man that in my mind did kill his 2 sweet boys and his beautiful wife? Who else will he try to take down with him?
(trust me - all kinds of murderous things are running through this guys head now because he has been caught and he knows it. I think he is too much of a narcissist and a sociopath to kill himself.)

whoa! ... a blaze of glory?

me thinks minds are working overtime

I wouldn't be bothered if I lived next door :eek:

Just speculating here.....and wanted to respond to your post.....but is it certain..... A fact, that the attorney is there, not to represent his interests........but to represent the interests of the JMM.....i wondered at times, since he came into the situation kinda of quick......if perhaps, he came from the jmm to make sure, as best as possible, that nothing he was asked, would put a negitive feeling on her ministry...........just curious.

And if I may add......without looking through the threads, I am going to assume, it has already been established as fact, that he LEFT the home that morning, and called LE.........and not left from somewhere else, as someone before this post made mention of................thankyou....
OT....thats a lovely picture, you have posted on your signature.....I hope you get some resolution to that situation soon.......it caught my eye, and that is why i replied to your posting........does she have a thread here, for one to read....THANKYOU.

I've wondered myself if it was JMM that got CC hooked up w/ his atty so quickly...however, don't think it would be too ethical for said criminal defense atty to be putting JMM's interests above the client's (and then there's all that atty-client privilege stuff).

AFAIK, CC left the house but we've not seen/heard any "proof" about his Gold's Gym visit...if he went to the gym he would've scanned an ID on the way in...also guessing there are security cams there that would have recorded him coming & going....lotsa stuff we haven't heard about yet that's for sure! Rumor tho is that he didn't call 911 but a neighbor who's LE...and that neighbor was the one who went to the house to check on Sheri & the boys.

Rachel does have a thread here - but her family has a website with more info:

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/

Her dad posts here occasionally...there's not much news on the case altho there are still flyers posted in this area....just one of those cases that ya can't forget....still remember where I was when I heard about her disappearance.

OK - Not sure if it's OK to post this, but it is public record. Mods please erase if it's not allowable.

I've done some research on Tara L Linz and this is what I came up with:

TL Born 10/19/1977 - in New Jersey. Largo High, 1996. USF 1996 -2000.
No military record that I can find.

Married Peter J Belcastro on 7/30/2001.
Peter Belcastro was 8 years her senior.

PB was arrested in July of 1993 (Pinellas County) for running an Adult Use Business without a license. He was 25 yrs old at the time. (Quite the entrepreneur)

TL was 23yrs and PB 32yrs when they married.

In June of 2001, one month before the marriage, records show PB bought a property in Brandon, FL. It appears there may have been an arrangement for him to pay an outstanding 2nd motgage on the property (I'm not sure) but there is no consideration on the warranty deed, only the $10.00 legal transfer.
At that time he had $12,000 in legal judgements and an IRs Lien against him.

On July 26th, 2002, PB deeded the house to TL via Quit Claim Deed.

On October 3rd, 2003 TL sold the house to Javier Perez for $194,00.00 PB satisfied his lien and judgements in November of 2003.

It has been posted that they divorced in 2004, but I cannot find a record of it yet.

Here's the quit claim deed - you can search on PB and see the rest.
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/showdetails.aspx?id=8670732&rn=8&pi=0&
ref=search

This could muddy the waters. Here we have a man who has a "shady" past ... if, and IF .. Chris and the Largo woman were having an affair (I don't believe everything the newspaper reports .. the media is no longer just reporting "facts" but all sort of salacious innuendo and rumor) .. this case is being tried by the public and the media ...

I'm not implicating the ex ...but hey .. if he was upset his ex allegedly was having an affair ... he doesn't like like a spotless character at all.

Maybe he had some 'associations" ... never know.

Many criminal defense attorneys do not want to know the details of the crime. An attorney is an officer of the court, and while he represents his client he cannot perpetrate a fraud upon the court as it would be a violation of his oath.

For example, if CC told his attorney that he did kill his family at 4:00 AM, but then produced someone who would lie and say he was with CC at 4:00 AM, CC's attorney could not put that person on the stand and allow them to lie.

On the other hand, if CC never said a word about what happened, then there would be no problem for the lawyer to put the false alibi witness on the stand since the lawyer would not know the testimony was going to be false.

It's kind of messed up.

Understood...I was thinking more in terms of atty asking client "is there anything I need to know about your life & why someone would kill your family?"...not so much asking CC about his involvement in the murders but what he may have in his current/past life that may muddy the defense waters, so to speak.

Just seems like an atty wouldn't want to be surprised to hear about past or current g/f's of a married client - from a reporter especially.

MOO: The husband killed the family a la Mark Hacking, while they slept. The family was dead before he ever left the house that morning. Motive: $, girlfriends, bachelorhood and the hook of being a grieving widower. The months of threats and staging of the scene were also created by the husband. first degree murder will be charged, DP will be on the table.

He isnt going anywhere and I believe LE is merely making sure of their case, so there will be no doubts. again, moo.

It has been obvious from day one that the husband is as guilty as sin. Who leaves their home to go to the gym at 6 am and then calls the police an hour later and says he is worried cause he can't get ahold of his wife...would LE go check on the family! He set it up so it would be LE that found them instead of him. Who gets that worried at that time in the morning cause his wife didn't answer the phone! Most people are still asleep at that time in the morning. Everything that he did to set up the crime is something a 10 yr old would do. The writing on the wall was really dumb.

I know that jurys like to know what the motive of a crime was. I do too. This guy might have just decided that he didn't want to be tied down by a family. He was already having an affair and maybe he wanted to be free to spread his charm.....I don't know why any woman would even look at him once much less twice. He certainly isn't anything to look at. Maybe he is another Scott Peterson and just wanted freedom.

You can bet he is #1 on the list of suspects. Won't be long until he feels those cold metal handcuffs get slapped on his wrists. You can bet on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther