Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea???

"For several days now we have been close," said Jeff Connor of the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis. "Tonight there was just some more evidence that came forward and we were able to (show) a more solid case."

What could have possibly come tonight to seal the deal?

I got the impression that some of the forensics came in, lab results that confirmed what was already known.

I think there's something to be said for instinct. Can you imagine how many criminals would never be caught if LE had none of it??

That little voice in your head that says :waitasec: -- I don't know what's wrong with this picture, but something's just not right.

There is definitely alot to be said for having a hinky meter, but it only works if you pay attention to it. And then you have some that ignore it no matter what.

I wonder if something was sent over the internet?twitter or MCS site.:waitasec:

maybe someone else has a conscience & 'came forward'?

some of these really macho-type perps are so bold as to make little comments here & there that people may not think too much about until something happens.

I got the impression that some of the forensics came in, lab results that confirmed what was already known.

I agree. I think it's a combination of a lot of things like computer evidence, timing, witness info., maybe even surveillance video from a store, his behavior and statements before and after the murders, his affair, the glove, handwriting analysis, etc. They did a great job I think in getting this guy behind bars as quickly as possible. Thank God! It is a seriously creepy feeling to think that such a cold-blooded, ruthless killer was just freely walking among the rest of the public. Scary. I know LE knew the public's safety at large was at great risk with such a monster on the loose!

Remember, it suddenly came out today that LE viewed the video recording from the DVR.....makes you wonder don't it?

:laugh::laugh:
There is definitely alot to be said for having a hinky meter, but it only works if you pay attention to it. And then you have some that ignore it no matter what.

On that note, I'd like to know how some of our locals feel now that Chris Coleman has been arrested.

Remember, it suddenly came out today that LE viewed the video recording from the DVR.....makes you wonder don't it?

Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking! Almost as good as an eye-witness.

I do find it interesting that they are still asking people to come forward who knew the family. They want more specific information about something.

There's a lot to be said for criminals who aren't so clever either...I used to date a cop & he told me that if perps didn't do such stupid things, they wouldn't get caught.

Ain't that the truth!

:laugh::laugh:

I seriously wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard "He did not do this!!!" and they were wrong. Well let's just say I'd be sipping margaritas on a nice beach and not sitting in my cold basement right now. :rolleyes:

On that note, I'd like to know how some of our locals feel now that Chris Coleman has been arrested.

I'm local, and I'm THRILLED!!!

As for Columbia folks, I know a couple who were shocked when this happened. Didn't believe it could be him. Then quickly changed their mind after the wake. They are relieved, but saddened at the same time tonight. Older couple and having a very hard time dealing with this.

WOW! Just heard Mario's statement. Seems to me he knew CCScumbag was guilty!

maybe someone else has a conscience & 'came forward'?

some of these really macho-type perps are so bold as to make little comments here & there that people may not think too much about until something happens.

Hopefully a lot of people will come out and tell anything they do know.I had read in a comment section days ago that he said his family was a burden,what an ungrateful He had a beautiful family Much better then he deserved.:furious:

I don't watch Nancy G. much anymore, but yesterday I was going to try and catch up and I saw for the first the footage of everything that has happened and I was just so emotionally overwhelmed I had to turn it off. Just something about actually seeing it instead of posting, reading and discussing was just really hard for me to do. I went to bed feeling the same way, and today I have just been steaming that LE has not picked this monster up.

I just Googled Sheri and I read that they got him!:woohoo: From what I've seen everybody knows that... but I feel so much better now.

Thanks for letting me share everybody!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

As for Columbia folks, I know a couple who were shocked when this happened. Didn't believe it could be him. Then quickly changed their mind after the wake. They are relieved, but saddened at the same time tonight. Older couple and having a very hard time dealing with this.

When you believe you know someone I would think it must be hard to realize you walked next to that level of evil and were fooled and had no Idea.

I posted this in the last thread before I saw this one ...

I am wondering if any of the defenders were Chris, himself, or Chris's family?

My guess is - probably grieving. You know that place in your heart, where you don't want to believe and will push away all negatives to make the perp look innocent (oh, he could never do such a thing). Heck, even I wanted to believe it because it was just too evil for me to accept.

I do believe they were family members, friends, neighbors, or just folks like us with a differing opinion. Perhaps their hearts are too heavy now, as we had already accepted it and knew this was coming.

My heart goes out to them.

Best,

Melanie

Oh, poor things. Give them a hug from all of us, okay? I can imagine how a nice, older couple can find this completely unbelievable. They have been busy all their lives with work and family and love and protecting those that are most important in their lives. So sad for those who are supposed to be enjoying their golden years to face such horror. The same goes for the innocent little kids in the area who should never have had to be exposed to such a thing.

Hopefully a lot of people will come out and tell anything they do know.I had read in a comment section days ago that he said his family was a burden,what an ungrateful He had a beautiful family Much better then he deserved.:furious:

that's just the kinda stuff I was talking about, MMM.....not all of them ask somebody how to get poison or tell their buddy their wife is gonna disappear & noone will ever find them.....some are just more subtle about it....I think they do it to get some kind of approval, or justify the pity party they have going on in their head.

And nothing is ever good enough for them....they think they can just clean the slate, and start all over with a new 'toy'.....don't understand how people get to be that way at all! and there's so many of them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg