Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This *speedy trial* thing is totally what I was trying to say when people were whining about the delay in arresting the NOT suspect when LE stated they knew *who* he was.

That was the problem in the OJ trial. They arrested OJ tooooo soon and his def attorney demanded a speedy trial, IIRC, it was 60 days or something like that. During that time period, DNA was fairly new and took a looonngg time to process.

Defense attorneys don't *win* cases, pros *lose* cases.

JMHO
fran

Exactly!

Could he have slapped her hard enough to break her jaw? Did he pick up and throw a little boy who came running to his mother's defense? They were both very tiny. When I saw his hands in cuffs in the photo after he was arrested, I could "see" the rage in them - as if they want to murder the world.

He may have slugged her hard or with his Marine training, maybe he grabbed her from behind and snapped her neck but that effected her jaw or involved the jaw in the 'choke hold?'

Not ever being exposed to any of this sort of thing, I'm just guessing.:(

JMHO
fran

sorry if this has been discussed...I heard on NG last night that (unconfirmed) Sheri was thinking of doing missionary work with JMM sometime in the near future, maybe meaning overseas? I'm thinking maybe this was a contributoring factor, if he didn't want her to go and leave him with the kids...might cramp his style.

Making a prediction. Regarding Change of Venue. I think it will be granted and it will move to either Rockford or nearby, or Peoria or surrounding area. I hope I am wrong and the trial stays in Monroe County, but, I doubt it. And they may actually pick a jury in another area, and bring them back to Monroe County and keep them sequestered.

sorry if this has been discussed...I heard on NG last night that (unconfirmed) Sheri was thinking of doing missionary work with JMM sometime in the near future, maybe meaning overseas? I'm thinking maybe this was a contributoring factor, if he didn't want her to go and leave him with the kids...might cramp his style.

That was said before somewhere else, Murdershewrote, but I don't recall where. I think she had done this in the past. IIRC she was going to do it this summer. I read somewhere she did it (last summer ?) before and actually took the boys with her, I think somewhere in Central America.

I really should stop, lol! Yes, they are for the broken wrist, which is really really hurting since I can't seem to stop typing!!!
Awwww. Did you break it typing so fast about CC getting arrested?! :blowkiss: When he is gets convicted, you will have to post with more caution. :) (Sending you another bottle of vino)

Originally Posted by murdershewrote

Yes. Sheri did mission work for World Outreach and was scheduled to go to Africa and Europe this year. In her photos, she had been to Cambodia and other places before. There was no exact date released, but Africa was supposed to be this summer.

He could have arranged for the kids to stay with relatives easily, imo. I don't see he would have a problem with her being gone as it would free him up to see Miss Motive. (I guess it is true if she was dead, too.)

He may have slugged her hard or with his Marine training, maybe he grabbed her from behind and snapped her neck but that effected her jaw or involved the jaw in the 'choke hold?'

Not ever being exposed to any of this sort of thing, I'm just guessing.:(

JMHO
fran
I thought about that until we heard he used a ligature. If he wanted to snap her neck, he would not have needed it. I would have to say if her jaw was broken it was because she was putting up a hellova fight to prevent him from killing her.

Baden's TOD coincides with the neighbor possibly hearing screams near 3:00 am. Their testimony will becomes very important. The TOD places him squarely in the house with Sheri and the boys.

Some people don't like the site of blood . . . In CC's mind -- a gun shot (even muffled) would have possiblly drawn attention to himself.

Has anyone heard about a possible life insurance policy? I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn about a 6 figure policy floating out there somewhere . . . .

This may not have been answered anywhere but collecting any insurance money when it is more than $50,000 is VERY difficult. My mother in law had a $250,000 boat which she had insurance on and Katrina played with it. When she tried to call for the insurance, they did everything they could to make it look like it was her fault for leaving it where she left it: which so happened to be a covered, garage-like location for boats, in a safe marina. As much as you want to think that an insurance company is there for you, they don't want to give out any money. I would also think that since the insurance company probably watches the news, they most likely know that CC has been arrested for murdering his family, of whome he had extra policies on. There is probably an investigator from the insurance company looking at this closely as if he is even found not-guilty, through the help of his evil law team, then he likely still will not be able to claim any of the money.

I am sure LE knows all about the insurance thing and will bring it up in the court.

Where there have been some statements made regarding a fight in the late evening and Sheri's "possible" broken jaw, I wonder something.

I do believe CC was setting up to harm SC and sons. I also think that something happened before CC was able to pull off his pre-meditated plan on a later date. What if this fight ended up an all out physical battle (Sheri) and he strangled her by hand? What if he strangled all by hand and added the ligatures after the fact? Had to try and prove some stalking stranger did it, right? Hence, the red spray paint on the wall, etc.

Just tossing a thought out there....

I have never commented on the neighbors hearing screaming, but have thought about this a great deal.

Some years ago, I had just went to bed around 2 am, when I heard someone scream. It sounded, to me, like a woman. I saw no lights in any of the homes I can see. About 5 minutes later I heard something else, by this time DH was awake and he said he wasn't sure. He actually thought it to be cats, but, I didn't. So, we are not sure exactly what, and not sure where, so we didn't call. What do you tell them? Drive around neighborhood. And BTW - nothing ever came of this. Although in light of the Coleman murders, I think today in the same situation I would call.

Last year, the 2nd or 3rd of January, I couldn't sleep and this was almost 4 when I heard a woman scream and a man's voice screaming at her. This was in winter, with my windows closed, furnace on, and tv on! I could hear most of what he said. I crept to my hall and looked out (so they couldn't see me) and it was some neighbors down the street that normally keep to themselves. He was having a fight with a woman on his front porch, and I had phone in hand, called 911 (and he could hear them! Through the closed door!!!!! He was concerned I was in the fight!!!) the cops got there instantly and ended up giving her a ride so she could call someone to pick her up (heard most all of it). And I am glad that he has no idea who called. (He and wife divorced a couple years ago, this was a girlfriend who I haven't ever seen since.)

But, you know, in a relatively quiet neighborhood, I don't know. If you are asleep, or drifting off, you may not know if you really heard something or not. Hindsight is 20/20.
The difference here is that the neighbors were warned that Chris and Sheri had been receiving so-called threats in their mailbox. I would have made the call for that reason alone and have asked LE to check on them in particular plus check the neighborhood. It isn't normal for a woman to scream in the middle of the night for no reason.

ETA: You did the right thing calling LE about your neighbors. You could have saved her life. :)

A little further explanation of my possible scenario of what MAY have preceeded the murder of these three innocent victims, that the first murder was done in rage, most likely Sheri..................

It takes quite a length of time to actually cause death when strangling someone. IF he were to even attempt to claim NOT premeditated, that is ridiculous, not mention that there was not ONE victim but THREE.

During the course of strangling a person, one has plenty of time to STOP before death occurs. But,........he did NOT stop, he killed her. Not only that, he then proceeded to go, one by one, to his two children.

Whether he planned this months in advance, or minutes, this is PREMEDITATED,..............NO MATTER which way you look at it.:mad:

I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but in my book he's guilty and the verdict will only be validation of what so MANY already see. He's ...........ok, I won't say it, but suffice it to say, he's not worthy of breathing our air.:furious:

JMHO
fran

it's frustrating when I know I've read/heard something & then can't find it....and sometimes the media releases info via TV only & no way to track it down via google....grrr.
Maybe LE decided they didn't want it out in public and asked the station to pull it. ;)

The difference here is that the neighbors were warned that Chris and Sheri had been receiving so-called threats in their mailbox. I would have made the call for that reason alone and have asked LE to check on them in particular plus check the neighborhood. It isn't normal for a woman to scream in the middle of the night for no reason.

ETA: You did the right thing calling LE about your neighbors. You could have saved her life. :)

SS, that is an excellent point! That would have made the difference. I really feel for those neighbors now, the whole, "what if we had called?" must be hell.

Thanks on the neighbors. Like I said have never seen her since, and he is a bit odd. (The neighborhood thinks this, not just me.)

A couple years ago, DH called me early one morning as he was driving off to work, and said that when he went outside, he heard a loud argument from their house (this with the first wife still there) and said, that I should try to befriend her, (they kept to themselves big time) as the argument struck him as abusive, if nothing else verbally. So, I am trying to figure out how to do this - and, two days later a large moving van pulled up and she and the baby moved out. I might add, that when he and she moved in, I and several other neighbors paid a call, (I take pies). They were receptive, but, standoffish, if you know what I mean.

The night in question, the police didn't arrest him, but, we all still keep our eyes on him.

I have mentioned this before in previous threads, but I did see an actual interview of a neighbor who heard arguing from the home the previous evening. NO TIME was specified and not a scream, but argument, that I recall. I've looked for a link to the interview but haven't been able to find it. But I'm positive I saw the interview online, from a news station in the local area.

JMHO
fran

I remember an interview, where the neighbor also said how thin and cheap the windows are in those new houses. Making it possible to hear.

A little further explanation of my possible scenario of what MAY have preceeded the murder of these three innocent victims, that the first murder was done in rage, most likely Sheri..................

It takes quite a length of time to actually cause death when strangling someone. IF he were to even attempt to claim NOT premeditated, that is ridiculous, not mention that there was not ONE victim but THREE.

During the course of strangling a person, one has plenty of time to STOP before death occurs. But,........he did NOT stop, he killed her. Not only that, he then proceeded to go, one by one, to his two children.

Whether he planned this months in advance, or minutes, this is PREMEDITATED,..............NO MATTER which way you look at it.:mad:

I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but in my book he's guilty and the verdict will only be validation of what so MANY already see. He's ...........ok, I won't say it, but suffice it to say, he's not worthy of breathing our air.:furious:

JMHO
fran
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I could not agree more (along with LE and the SA's Office). Innocent?! He may as well have left a neon sign pointed right at him that said, "I killed my wife and children!". (Except I am not certain of the rage part...I think he did plan it.)

Premeditated First Degree Murder with Aggravating Circumstances (more than one victim and children under the age of 12) x 3.

There is no defense in this case. The Insanity Plea is out. SODDI is out. His best bet is to confess, throw himself on the mercy of the court, and try for 3 Life W/O Parole sentences instead of the DP.

Awwww. Did you break it typing so fast about CC getting arrested?! :blowkiss: When he is gets convicted, you will have to post with more caution. :) (Sending you another bottle of vino)

I wish I could say I broke it punching that in his face :saythat:

But nope, I hit it on top of a breakfast room table while carrying a full laundry basket and I tripped trying to avoid falling on top of a 3 y/o chasing a 60 pound German Shorthaired Pointer that thinks he still weighs 10 pounds.

Thanks for the Vino, I'll just have to remember not to take a sip when you post :D

Hey peeps! whaddup? I am so glad to hear of the arrest... have been reading here and at the Tori thread (must have been a day for arrests)...

I wanted to chime in here. I think he planned this. I also think these threats were part of his plan. His hootchie mama combined with midlife crisis being the motive (my opinion only of course)

ETA: okay back now to pumping all the water off my pool liner....

Just Posted on the Post Dispatch website:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...B49D90FBACDDDD47862575BD006263C8?OpenDocument

Sheri's family to file "wrongful death" lawsuit

Good for them. From the article : " Enrico J. Mirabelli, a lawyer and Sheri Coleman's cousin, said the family is working with Belleville lawyer Jack Carey to take legal action to prevent Chris Coleman from having access to various property associated with his marriage to Sheri Coleman.

"The purpose and goal is to insure there is no ill-gotten gain from the murder of Sheri, Garett and Gavin," Mirabelli said."

This is something I had wondered about and I am sure some of you all have as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump