Sheriff's Office Asks Media for Questions/Presser on July 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deadline to submit the questions was hours ago, so not sure it matters. I think posters are writing questions they are curious about.

I don't find it very promising that they are scheduling this a week out either. As if they don't expect any movement in the case before then. And do not expect to find Kyron any time soon.

BBM..Quite frustrating and disheartening to say the least..JMO

BBM..Quite frustrating and disheartening to say the least..JMO

Keep asking the questions. The detectives and the media are reading here, OBVS, and a good question gets through. It doesnt' take seven days to *vet* a question.

They need all the brains they can get and they know it.

imo

Kaine has denied an affair on record on a video. So until we have evidence that Kaine lied, don't bring it here.

With respect, I would not call an active police investigation into the disappearance of a little, 7 year old boy "games". This is life and death and I would think our desire for info takes a back seat to finding this child and solving his case. These things simply take time and lots of it.

Thank you gitana! :)

Why in the world would you "schedule" a press conference for almost 7 days later when it's very possible (maybe I should say hopeful) that Kyron could be found before then? That's just plain crazy to me considering it is an active and ongoing investigation. I could certainly understand if they had a person in custody or something along those lines.

I agree! All I can think of is that the request for emailed questions and ''last minute'' breaks ''might'' offer a glimmer of hope towards uncovering some overlooked details. I think that this is a buying time/delay tactic before they announce the scaling back of the investigation.:banghead:

I understand. This stuff with Terri has gone on long enough. She's either a suspect or she's not. They need to make that clear. If she's NOT, they have a lot of 'splainin' to do.

She is.... hasn't that been made pretty clear since the beginning? Why do they need to put a label on her? That isn't going to change a thing.
These days you will very rarely, if ever, hear LE naming anyone a suspect until they have them in custody and ready to indict them. LE all over the country have gotten in some very hot water for publicly calling people suspects and it turned out they were innocent. They just don't do that anymore. It's a new day, new rules. Best to accept it.

She is.... hasn't that been made pretty clear since the beginning? Why do they need to put a label on her? That isn't going to change a thing.
These days you will very rarely, if ever, hear LE naming anyone a suspect until they have them in custody and ready to indict them. LE all over the country have gotten in some very hot water for publicly calling people suspects and it turned out they were innocent. They just don't do that anymore. It's a new day, new rules. Best to accept it.

Thank you! :)

Why? Because she's either involved in Kyron's disappearance or she's suffered a hell of a lot of collateral damage. As you say, they've made it clear who they're focusing on. And because of that, she's been crucified in the media and online, to include threats of harm and death. In this country, we don't deprive someone of their life or liberty without due process. The State isn't doing that to Terri at this point, but instead are standing by while the public does their dirty work for them. LE needs to man up and either state she's cleared or declare her a POI/suspect.

I think that LE seems to have decided that by not saying she is NOT a POI that people are free to think that she is...kind of endorsing what is going on without having to be the "bad guys" who are causing all of the ripple effects of Terri being persecuted, threatened, etc.

I doubt they will officially name her, but instead will continue on with their word games until they are ready for an arrest. I know there have been some innocent parents who have been put through similar circumstances, even arrests, when a child died, but it does seem as though Terri is receiving it on more of a national scale. I knew about Kevin Fox because I follow crime, but no one I know has ever heard about him, for instance. Of course Terri's own actions have contributed much to her notoriety.

Why? Because she's either involved in Kyron's disappearance or she's suffered a hell of a lot of collateral damage. As you say, they've made it clear who they're focusing on. And because of that, she's been crucified in the media and online, to include threats of harm and death. In this country, we don't deprive someone of their life or liberty without due process. The State isn't doing that to Terri at this point, but instead are standing by while the public does their dirty work for them. LE needs to man up and either state she's cleared or declare her a POI/suspect.
BBM. I respectfully disagree with what I bolded. They don't have to do anything of the sort... and I hardly think imhoo, that they are trying to get the public to do their "dirty work"... LE has expressly REFUSED to name her a person of interest or a suspect. The ONLY reason anything has leaked out is due to all of the other hink going on with this woman. LE shared info with Kaine Horman for the safety of his daughter and himself... I mean... murder for hire??? How could they not share that information with him once they uncovered it in their investigation???

ETA: and I personally do not think LE is playing games either. moo

BBM. I respectfully disagree with what I bolded. They don't have to do anything of the sort... and I hardly think imhoo, that they are trying to get the public to do their "dirty work"... LE has expressly REFUSED to name her a person of interest or a suspect. The ONLY reason anything has leaked out is due to all of the other hink going on with this woman. LE shared info with Kaine Horman for the safety of his daughter and himself... I mean... murder for hire??? How could they not share that information with him once they uncovered it in their investigation???

Of course they expressly refused to name her a person of interest or a suspect. They also expressly divorced themselves from statements made by Desiree and Kaine to say that the statements were not the sentiments of LE. Whatever else that might mean, it is clear they want to divorce themselves from a potential lawsuit.

They are CTOA.

regarding Kyron's abduction, LE says Terri is not a suspect.
Kaine says LE has given him probable cause to believe Terri abducted Kyron.

this is not right, imo.

As to how LE has structured their exchange/contact with the media, I do not think the Sheriff's office came up with that. This group of LE seems to be working very closely and in tandum with the district attorneys office. The DA is guiding LE in what to comment upon and what cards to keep close to the vest. The DA is the one who is structuring the flow of information to the public and the DA is guiding this investigation. This is actually wise because ultimately the DA's office is goign t o be the entity that must try and attempt to secure a conviction for whatever crimes it is determined have ocurred here.

I only hope the DA hasn't developed tunnel vision on Terri because of some of the more salacious details that have come out about this case. Sometimes DA's have to think about re-election, public opinion, their conviction rates, etc. I hope such considerations are not coloring how this investigation is playing out. Let's figure out what happened to that little boy and who is responsible.

I understand. We'll just have to disagree. I'm pretty disgusted with how they've handled this particular issue.

As to how LE has structured their exchange/contact with the media, I do not think the Sheriff's office came up with that. This group of LE seems to be working very closely and in tandum with the district attorneys office. The DA is guiding LE in what to comment upon and what cards to keep close to the vest. The DA is the one who is structuring the flow of information to the public and the DA is guiding this investigation. This is actually wise because ultimately the DA's office is goign t o be the entity that must try and attempt to secure a conviction for whatever crimes it is determined have ocurred here.

I only hope the DA hasn't developed tunnel vision on Terri because of some of the more salacious details that have come out about this case. Sometimes DA's have to think about re-election, public opinion, their conviction rates, etc. I hope such considerations are not coloring how this investigation is playing out. Let's figure out what happened to that little boy and who is responsible.

IMO LE has allowed this crap to go on for so long, if they ever decide Terri WASN'T involved it's far too late to undo the damage they've caused.

Well, at least the LE officials respond to a question, even if they don't answer it. I emailed one of my pet questions about TP's statement and received "The Sheriff's Office is not speaking to the specifics of this ongoing investigation" from Lt. Mary Lindstrand Public Information Officer

Well, rats...too late. What I would've wanted to ask:

1. Not relating specifically to this case, but in general -- if a person of interest or suspect has not been publicly named, does that mean LE has no POI/suspect, or does it mean they simply are not publicly naming anyone as such?

2. Again, in general and not specific to this case -- does lack of an arrest indicate a lack of evidence or lack of substantial progress?

I know they can't answer specifics on this case, but maybe a way for them to get around that is to respond to some "in general" questions?

IMO LE has allowed this crap to go on for so long, if they ever decide Terri WASN'T involved it's far too late to undo the damage they've caused.
what are they supposed to do... issue a press release telling the world to shut the he!! up? I just don't see that happening! moo and WHAT DAMAGE HAS LE CAUSED???? People talk... they always have. Now with the internet it reaches further.... but I do not see how LE has CAUSED THIS, ETC! AGIAN MOOOOOOOOOOO

what are they supposed to do... issue a press release telling the world to shut the he!! up? I just don't see that happening! moo and WHAT DAMAGE HAS LE CAUSED???? People talk... they always have. Now with the internet it reaches further.... but I do not see how LE has CAUSED THIS, ETC! AGIAN MOOOOOOOOOOO

I agree. This wasn't LE's doing. This was the doing of the public and the media. I went back last week and reviewed everything - all the pressers - for everything LE has ever said about Terri looking for any kind of negative indications. There's only one thing I found, and it's not a big deal. The one and only question on the questionnaire about did you see Terri that morning. Period. That's it. Did you see her.

We are, each and every one of us, responsible for our own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500