She's close to..."home", "hope", "holts"...

HIDDEN OAKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
H-O-ELT-S

if you add an additional E: HOELETS it makes the name sound silly.

Why are you adding another E? Just wondering what I missed.

I don't think it would need an S. In our town we call our school, TOWN NAME Elementary. Even though technically there is "school" on the end, nobody says it.

It could easily be referred to as HOELT.

I heard close to "HOPE". I heard her emphazise the "P".

This was back in July, so why 4 months later are the PI's looking in that location?

Do we know if Baez picked up those discs with those tips on them? Do we know if these dates with RK are included in those tips?

Now DC is saying he was on the phone with a psychic. I thought he was on the phone with his ill daughter....when you change your stories, to me, that a red flag. I guess he remembered about phone records...

I'm hearing "Holp" or "Hope"---there is a definite emphasis on the P sound which is very clear but I can't distinguish 100% the L sound

Maybe different websites sound different.

The youtube link posted here IS hope or holt. There is an obvious exaggerated, sharp ending on the word.

I'm still blown away by the Zenaida/Gonzales properties conecting to the crime scene! Wow!

I hear a P sound at the end. It could be as a result of having a stuffy nose or a cold but then the entire interview would sound stuffy. I just listened to the small part today. Is the whole interview nasal sounding?

Well, "shes close to hope" could mean Hopespring drive.

I hear "holt" too but it could just be sound distortion from youtube. When I've heard it played on tv it sounded like "home". Since everyone is hearing something different, I'd say it's sound distortion. If she did say something other than home, I think it was a freudian slip while she was trying to say "home". I very seriously doubt she was trying to help anyone find Caylee in any way. If someone found out where Caylee was supposed to be before she was found, I don't think it came from Casey, at least not intentionally. I just don't believe that she was going to give that info up to anyone. She was convinced that her nanny story was so clever that no one would ever figure out the truth. :mad:

I'm hearing "Holp" or "Hope"---there is a definite emphasis on the P sound which is very clear but I can't distinguish 100% the L sound
I just wish someone was game enough to call up OCSO and ask them what they think they hear? (j/k...sorta)

I think it sounds somewhere between a "b" and "p" at the end of the word, and I think the word is "home". I've noticed in other speaking clips that she gets pretty nasally at times. I think that's all this is.

I have a kickass sound system, but no matter how good anyone's system is, we can all hear the same thing a little differently. Even a minor adjustment to the bass can kinda guide more toward one ending sound than another. I don't think she'd use a common acronym for the school since LE would likely be familiar with that.

With that crazy crew, though, who the heck knows. Odder things certainly have happened (over and over) in this case. I'm definitely hearing a stuffy "hombp" on my system.

I hear "holt" too but it could just be sound distortion from youtube. When I've heard it played on tv it sounded like "home". Since everyone is hearing something different, I'd say it's sound distortion. If she did say something other than home, I think it was a freudian slip while she was trying to say "home". I very seriously doubt she was trying to help anyone find Caylee in any way. If someone found out where Caylee was supposed to be before she was found, I don't think it came from Casey, at least not intentionally. I just don't believe that she was going to give that info up to anyone. She was convinced that her nanny story was so clever that no one would ever figure out the truth. :mad:

I heard "holt" on both youtube and on this recording:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/orl-caylee-anthony-casey-lee-mp3,0,2257422.

Also, I notice that Lee's question was actually "What, where, do you think Caylee's ok?" Did anyone else hear that ?

Honestly, I can't hear anything but home. The electronic clipping, sort of as in "pt" that you can hear throughout the audio is playing tricks on us, I think.

I think I hear Homp. It starts out sounding like home, but then ends with a "p". Not sure if it is supposed to be "home" or "hope", but I am definately hearing the "p" sound at the end.

I played it loud 4 times and it sounds like HOLT not home.
However, when you think about the context she used it in, Shes close to -------, then I think shes saying Home.
PS (Maybe it just sounds like holt cause shes doing her fake sniffling so she sounds like nasally?)
It would be best to "see" the tape of her saying it to read her lips.

Lipreading may not help much even if the tape is clear. The words home and hope will look the same visually, as the final consonant of each is made with the lips closed. For those two it is simply read by a skilled person from the amount of times the lips are held closed, for example on home the lips remain closed, but for hope there is a quick touch followed by a small poof of air. The word holt, however has a final consonant that is pronounced with with the lips open, so that MIGHT be possible to discern if the tape of her face is very clear.

Well, I can't agree that it sounds like "Holt". But it does sound like "Hope" to me. It definitely does not sound like "home" to me.

Interesting.

I agree

It sounded like Hope. Not holt Not Home

Maybe different websites sound different.

The youtube link posted here IS hope or holt. There is an obvious exaggerated, sharp ending on the word.

I'm still blown away by the Zenaida/Gonzales properties conecting to the crime scene! Wow!

take another listen. she does say home, but it sounds like when someone has a cold and m's get almost a 'b' sound at the end. like 'comb' but with more of a b.

the 'b' sound comes out more when someone has a cold or a stuffy nose because the mouth closes when saying a word like 'home' and then opens up again after to draw in more air. not saying she is sick, but a lot of her conversation sounds nasal. maybe she fake cried to someone before the phone call. :rolleyes:

i'm sticking with home.

i think this was a decent attempt at finding a clue, however. some things are a little far-fetched, but since answers are so spare in this case, nothing should be ignored. kudos to everyone looking into things even this small to try to find out what happened to this little girl.

I heard "holt" on both youtube and on this recording:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/orl-caylee-anthony-casey-lee-mp3,0,2257422.

Also, I notice that Lee's question was actually "What, where, do you think Caylee's ok?" Did anyone else hear that ?

I posted on the other thread, I listened to both recordings with my Bose headphones, which are great at reducing "noise" and once this was mentioned on the other thread I definitely heard the hard "t" on youtube. Listened to the other site, same thing.

Agree, we can all hear different things with our equipment, but I honestly do not believe she said "home". A congested person could conceivably make a "ba" sound for a "mm" ending word (yes, I was a speech pathology major, special ed), but the making of the "Ba" and "Mmm" sounds are both with closed lips. To make a hard "t", which to me, I hear, the tongue is placed against the hard palate.

This is just for what it's worth. I luv me Bose :heart:

I posted on the other thread, I listened to both recordings with my Bose headphones, which are great at reducing "noise" and once this was mentioned on the other thread I definitely heard the hard "t" on youtube. Listened to the other site, same thing.

Agree, we can all hear different things with our equipment, but I honestly do not believe she said "home". A congested person could conceivably make a "ba" sound for a "mm" ending word (yes, I was a speech pathology major, special ed), but the making of the "Ba" and "Mmm" sounds are both with closed lips. To make a hard "t", which to me, I hear, the tongue is placed against the hard palate.

This is just for what it's worth. I luv me Bose :heart:

i have stereo equipment that is arguably superior to bose (not like i care, i just live with a technology guru who does care and has tried to teach me to care as well, lol) and i do not hear a 't' sound at all.

i know some of us believe what we hear is absolutely, no doubt about it, whatever it is that we think it is. i'm open to being wrong, even if i don't think i am. and all we can do is chalk it up to one more thing that maybe only casey will ever know the truth about.

i can honestly say i have never had a situation not related directly to me that has frustrated me more. i think that is something we can all agree on.

Lavanda - I'm sorry for the confusion but I couldn't find the initial postings on this last night when I set up this thread! Thanks so much for clarifying and also for having brought this onto the forum originally - it's very interesting! :)

No problem, I don't want to take the credit as it was a poster at my forum that posted it at my place and I just dragged it over here:) Who know's by now who is the actual discoverer! LOL

How about "HOME"? I listened to this several times and all I hear is the word "HOME". She sounds like she's slightly stuffed up in the sinus area and that's why it SEEMS like the word ends with a "t", when it really does not. There's no hidden meaning or code talk here.

No, other words that end with a m are very clear. She is no doubt saying holt, in my opinion. Then again...doesnt mean that she was really talking in code...maybe her brain was thinking of Caylee and where she was and that was a slip up? At the same time...remember, Lee clearly told Casey that he would find a way that she could talk to him as far as saying passing letters through the courts. Personally, I believe that is why the possible pending tampering/OJ charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller
Back