Shootin' from the Lip--Part One

Dave, I've been away. What has happened? PM me or e mail me. I am taking my gloves off...

Please forgive me all if this is a stupid question, but I am not as knowledgeable on this case as most here.

Has Stanley L. Garnett spoken at all about the Ramsey case? I am assuming he holds the same opinion as ML or am I wrong on that?

Please forgive me all if this is a stupid question, but I am not as knowledgeable on this case as most here.

Has Stanley L. Garnett spoken at all about the Ramsey case? I am assuming he holds the same opinion as ML or am I wrong on that?

He has spoken, mostly to say that he still holds out hope for JBR but won't spend any tax payer money unless a smoking gun slam dunk prosecutable case emerges. That said, he has put the Ramseys back in the bucket of suspicion.

Here's my letter, which i intend to mail out on New Year's Eve. My name is deleted here, but will go out with my letter, along with my address, phone number and email:

Jane Brautigam, City Manager
PO Box 791
Boulder, CO 80306

Dear Ms. Brautigam:

Sixteen years ago a six year old girl was heinously murdered in your town. The JonBenet Ramsey case has come to be touted by many as second only, in public interest, to the case of Jack the Ripper among unsolved murder crimes. The Boulder Police Department stands as the agency responsible for bringing not only a resolve to the case, but justice for the wrongful death of an innocent child who suffered beyond reason.

There is printed material in abundance which provides details of the crime which leads the general public to not only wonder why no formal charges were brought against a perpetrator, but provides clear indication that there is the possibility of dereliction of duty and even collusion among public law officials of Colorado allowing this crime to remain as an open murder investigation.

There have been credible law enforcement officers who have presented ample documented evidence to your Chief of Police, Mark Beckner, that this case can be brought to a successful resolution, most recently a complete Theory of Prosecution placed into his hands, as well as Stan Garnett’s, by A. James Kolar in January 2011. To date, no response to this effort has become public knowledge and we question, why? Where is the transparency due the public?

Chief Beckner is a paid public official of the city of Boulder, and your job bears the responsibility for hiring and firing the police chief. While I’m sure Beckner’s qualifications were carefully considered in order to place him in his position, I wonder if his continued inability to commandeer a resolve of the JonBenet Ramsey case, or at the very least a lack of public acknowledgment of reputable case information proposing a pathway for resolve, should be considered as a detriment to his position?

I state again, that this case has earned an extremely notorious reputation and the public outcry for action towards justice is boiling among outraged citizens, not only in Colorado, but worldwide. This can be verified by the pages of media references, websites, forums and blogs, available through any internet search engine, which show continued fresh activity.

Should tax paying citizens stand silently by as individuals responsible for providing them with capable public services are demonstrating less than satisfactory results? Does anyone in the appropriate offices of Boulder realize that a successful resolve of the JonBenet Ramsey case stands to place Boulder and all its successful participants in the respected annals of American history?

I implore you, as City Manager, to review the performance of Chief Beckner regarding management of the JonBenet Ramsey case, and do whatever is necessary to encourage him to respond to the public desire to see this case move forward. You owe it not only to the citizens of Boulder, but to little JonBenet, who deserved to be more than an abused, murdered child whose perpetrator(s) remain free in a life of haughty deceit.

Justice is in the hands of the Boulder Police Department, and Chief Beckner must be called to the task.

Very sincerely,

Cc: Paul Fetherston, Deputy City Manager
Tom Carr, City Attorney
Stan Garnett, Boulder District Attorney
Carol McKinley, The Daily Beast

Superdave, just wanted to say (again) that I'm waiting for your book. Best to you.

Don't lose hope, folks. With any luck, within the next year or so. I can't say more than that.

Oh, and smurf86, don't lose hope at CS either. I have a feeling that the Dragon is coming to ring in the New Year! (Bruce Lee yell)

Now I'd pay good money to see that meeting!
Lin Wood V someone he can't bully... Yes please.

Your mention of paying is rather appropriate, since it would most likely degenerate into a prize fight!

Ah, I so long for the good old days when people would settle things with clean. private duels instead of drawn-out lawsuits which eat up time and taxpayer money, which the US cannot spare!

Here's my letter, which i intend to mail out on New Year's Eve. My name is deleted here, but will go out with my letter, along with my address, phone number and email:

Jane Brautigam, City Manager
PO Box 791
Boulder, CO 80306

Dear Ms. Brautigam:

Sixteen years ago a six year old girl was heinously murdered in your town. The JonBenet Ramsey case has come to be touted by many as second only, in public interest, to the case of Jack the Ripper among unsolved murder crimes. The Boulder Police Department stands as the agency responsible for bringing not only a resolve to the case, but justice for the wrongful death of an innocent child who suffered beyond reason.

There is printed material in abundance which provides details of the crime which leads the general public to not only wonder why no formal charges were brought against a perpetrator, but provides clear indication that there is the possibility of dereliction of duty and even collusion among public law officials of Colorado allowing this crime to remain as an open murder investigation.

There have been credible law enforcement officers who have presented ample documented evidence to your Chief of Police, Mark Beckner, that this case can be brought to a successful resolution, most recently a complete Theory of Prosecution placed into his hands, as well as Stan Garnett’s, by A. James Kolar in January 2011. To date, no response to this effort has become public knowledge and we question, why? Where is the transparency due the public?

Chief Beckner is a paid public official of the city of Boulder, and your job bears the responsibility for hiring and firing the police chief. While I’m sure Beckner’s qualifications were carefully considered in order to place him in his position, I wonder if his continued inability to commandeer a resolve of the JonBenet Ramsey case, or at the very least a lack of public acknowledgment of reputable case information proposing a pathway for resolve, should be considered as a detriment to his position?

I state again, that this case has earned an extremely notorious reputation and the public outcry for action towards justice is boiling among outraged citizens, not only in Colorado, but worldwide. This can be verified by the pages of media references, websites, forums and blogs, available through any internet search engine, which show continued fresh activity.

Should tax paying citizens stand silently by as individuals responsible for providing them with capable public services are demonstrating less than satisfactory results? Does anyone in the appropriate offices of Boulder realize that a successful resolve of the JonBenet Ramsey case stands to place Boulder and all its successful participants in the respected annals of American history?

I implore you, as City Manager, to review the performance of Chief Beckner regarding management of the JonBenet Ramsey case, and do whatever is necessary to encourage him to respond to the public desire to see this case move forward. You owe it not only to the citizens of Boulder, but to little JonBenet, who deserved to be more than an abused, murdered child whose perpetrator(s) remain free in a life of haughty deceit.

Justice is in the hands of the Boulder Police Department, and Chief Beckner must be called to the task.

Very sincerely,

Cc: Paul Fetherston, Deputy City Manager
Tom Carr, City Attorney
Stan Garnett, Boulder District Attorney
Carol McKinley, The Daily Beast

Very awesome.

OK, so I "shot from the Lip" via letters. Just returned from mailing out what I posted in my post #45 on this thread with one change: deleted Carol McKinley 'cause I couldn't find a true mailing address for her, and instead added Mitchell Byars, Daily Camera, PO Box 591 - Boulder CO 80306. He is the reporter listed for Police and Courts.

Even if every one ends up in someone's trash bucket, I feel like I did SOMETHING to let someone know JB's murder is not forgotten out here in our bystander community of justice-seekers.

mm - that is an awesome letter. Have you ever thought of sending a letter like that with numerous signatures, sort of like we do for a petition. Would that help to make these people sit up and pay attention to the fact that people still want answers, and maybe reopen the investigation ? If it were signed by the people here and on FFJ would be a good start. I think the people in Boulder just think the case is over and done with. They need a wake up call that it is not dead and buried like poor little JBR

I think the Boulder PD are too busy out shooting elk to do their jobs:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/two-boulder-police-officers-in-big-boy-elk-shooting-death-on-leave-with-pay

I have a friend who was driving with her 2 month old daughter the other day in Boulder and she was pulled over by the police because they said her car matched a suspect who had just shoplifted some electronics at a Target store. He was a MALE but she said they kept her pulled over for over 45 minutes in the cold and while her little one was crying and hungry. Even though they ran her driver's licence and saw she had no warrants etc. in minutes. She was upset and said she felt bullied. I guess that is how they spend their time these days, bullying moms and babies instead of working towards chasing real criminals and solving murders.

mm - that is an awesome letter. Have you ever thought of sending a letter like that with numerous signatures, sort of like we do for a petition. Would that help to make these people sit up and pay attention to the fact that people still want answers, and maybe reopen the investigation ? If it were signed by the people here and on FFJ would be a good start. I think the people in Boulder just think the case is over and done with. They need a wake up call that it is not dead and buried like poor little JBR

Thanks for your confidence. I would do whatever I could within my capabilities to get the BPD into a more transparent proactive movement of the JBR case. Sorry, I have no experience with petitions, so doubt I could help with that. But I truly encourage everyone to write their own letters - a couple of hours of free time, a few stamps, and the hope of justice for JB remains alive.

mm - of course I have confidence after that well written letter. Let's see if we can figure this out.
Do you think if we had your permission to use your letter, we could send it to
BPD, etc., and add a note that we concur with your statements in the letter, and sign our names, addresses, and send it to all the places you did, by E-Mail?
If we can do it this way maybe Tricia could put out a message to all about it, and perhaps she could even mention it on her radio

I realize most will see me as naive, and I admit you'd probably be right. Plus, I don't know a lot about the case. But this was a 6-year-old child who, if still alive today, would be 22, and someone has taken all that life. Isn't there anything that can be done? Not just for the victim which is the main focus, but what kind of message does this send other criminals or parents who might consider hurting children.

mm - of course I have confidence after that well written letter. Let's see if we can figure this out.
Do you think if we had your permission to use your letter, we could send it to
BPD, etc., and add a note that we concur with your statements in the letter, and sign our names, addresses, and send it to all the places you did, by E-Mail?
If we can do it this way maybe Tricia could put out a message to all about it, and perhaps she could even mention it on her radio

Go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained........The squeaky wheel gets the grease, ...... The more, the better.......There's strength in numbers, etc.......

I realize most will see me as naive, and I admit you'd probably be right. Plus, I don't know a lot about the case. But this was a 6-year-old child who, if still alive today, would be 22, and someone has taken all that life. Isn't there anything that can be done? Not just for the victim which is the main focus, but what kind of message does this send other criminals or parents who might consider hurting children.

It sends the message that if you have enough money, you can hire politically connected lawyers who can help you get away with anything- even murder. It also sends the message that Boulder is THE place to commit this crime, because they are soft on crime. Even child murder. Besides, they'll be too stoned now, with their new pot parlors, to go after criminals. But you'd probably get a parking ticket.

It sends the message that if you have enough money, you can hire politically connected lawyers who can help you get away with anything- even murder. It also sends the message that Boulder is THE place to commit this crime, because they are soft on crime. Even child murder.

Are your comments influenced by this case alone? Or have there been other crimes in Boulder against children, or adults, that recall the Jonbenet case? I do remember reading comments someone made who lived in Boulder as well, and they said pretty much the same thing. I've never been there, but...I mean, so many people have worked on this case in some way. I don't know a lot about it, however, it doesn't appear to me to be laziness. Is it? Would it be lack of guts? Are certain people paid off? There must be something that can be done. HOW can there not be anything?

Are your comments influenced by this case alone? Or have there been other crimes in Boulder against children, or adults, that recall the Jonbenet case? I do remember reading comments someone made who lived in Boulder as well, and they said pretty much the same thing. I've never been there, but...I mean, so many people have worked on this case in some way. I don't know a lot about it, however, it doesn't appear to me to be laziness. Is it? Would it be lack of guts? Are certain people paid off? There must be something that can be done. HOW can there not be anything?

There is at least one case I had in mind- the murder of the Midyette baby. This poor baby was beaten to death by the parent(s) and his little body showed evidence of old injuries as well, yet the DA at the time, Mary Lacy, (who also was on the JB case, both as assistant prosecutor to Alex Hunter under her maiden name and prosecutor when he retired) declined to press charges or even arrest the parents. There was such a public outcry that she was forced to do so. I don't follow that case, but I believe the parents were eventually arrested, prosecuted. Were they convicted? Someone here must know.
Lack of guts certainly played a part. But more than that, there is a culture of making excuses for any kind of crime, including child murder. No one can prove payoffs, but there is certainly reason to believe that the original DA on the JB case was in inappropriate personal and business relationships with the defense lawyers and never should have been allowed to be involved with that case. He should have had the courage to step down, and a special prosecutor should have been appointed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge
Back