Should Caylee pay for her Mother's defense

This makes me sooooooooooo angry. I hope the defense is made to prove where the funding is coming from?:furious:

Caylee paid with her life. Now "they" are using her images to defend the person who allegedly murdered her.

-emphasis mine-

I understand what you are saying. :) For me, the issue is the obscenity that KC may be able to make $$$ from the sale of the photographs & videos to pay for her defense.

Disgusting isn't it? There's no way they could make the law apply before someone is convicted, although I don't know why the funds couldn't be held in escrow until the trial is over. How do they legally get around this issue when drug dealers' assets are seized before trial?

But if they can go after any money she makes, even if it is assigned to someone else, I don't know why they couldn't seize funds from any attorneys or experts after the trial. I guess it would have to be clear that the photos and videos were covered under the main law's definition of literary or cinematic stories of the crime.

Do we have proof that the dream team is not working for free? Do we have proof that any sale of pictures, videos or future book deals have gone into a defense fund? If not, then saying it doesn't make it so.
I have heard that it is an anonymous donor who is paying for them. That could very well be true. Casey could have made a deal that when she is acquitted, she will move in with him and be his sex slave.
Who knows?

Do I think Caylee should be paying Casey's defense: oh hell no... not one bit. BUT... technically, any images or video that Casey made of Caylee are legally Caseys to do with them what she wants until she is proven guilty of this crime of murdering Caylee. Then she can no longer use Caylee's images to profit off of stuff she has photographed/filmed. I know it is a hard thing to swallow, but Casey is the owner of the stuff because she shot them and until she is convicted, there's not much we can do about it. :(

Absolutely not. Ya know, I keep trying to find reasons for all of this, and trying to see Casey as just someone that made a horrible mistake. But while watching the hearing today and looking at George and Cindy, and the pain on their faces, and then looking at Casey and her grinning and talking and smiling with all of her lawyers, while not even acknowledging her parents there,it just made me so angry. These people have lied made excuses for her and shamed themselves so bad to stand united with her and she just brushes them off, like they are nobody. It is so easy to hate her.
No matter how unappropiate her parents have acted since this happened, I can see they are still hurting so bad. It does make me sad for them. Casey should rot.

Absolutely Not!!!!! This poor baby has not had anyone in this family looking out for her so why should she help anyone in this family!!! Since she went missing the whole family has been in cover up mode for KC and no one did anything to bring justice for little Caylee. They are all greedy and have been since day one!

Absolutely Not!!!!! This poor baby has not had anyone in this family looking out for her so why should she help anyone in this family!!! Since she went missing the whole family has been in cover up mode for KC and no one did anything to bring justice for little Caylee. They are all greedy and have been since day one!

Sadly, that is the truth.

Sadly, that is the truth.
Exactly! The day a child's body was found you fly home and gather the troops at the Ritz @ $300 a night and $100 dinners. Hmmmm!! I'm a mother and grandmother and I would have not acted like any of this family. I think they could have stayed at a friends or relatives house that night if they had any. But I haven't seen any evidence of any support except from people who want something from them.

Sadly, I'm sure they have stashed some more videos and pictures of that precious baby so they can sell them too. All they see is $$$$. Sorry but this baby deserved so much more in her short life and even in her death.

Exactly! The day a child's body was found you fly home and gather the troops at the Ritz @ $300 a night and $100 dinners. Hmmmm!! I'm a mother and grandmother and I would have not acted like any of this family. I think they could have stayed at a friends or relatives house that night if they had any. But I haven't seen any evidence of any support except from people who want something from them.

Sadly, I'm sure they have stashed some more videos and pictures of that precious baby so they can sell them too. All they see is $$$$. Sorry but this baby deserved so much more in her short life and even in her death.

Very well stated.ITA

It is THE most despicable act imaginable that they are using the images of the child that was killed at her own mother's hands to pay for the monster mom's defense. It is unethical by every standard and immoral as well. It brings to light the depths unto which this defense team along with their client are willing to sink, and begs an answer to the question How in the name of all that is right can this be allowed to happen? The media outlets that are paying are as low, in my opinion, as the ones who are hawking the images and if not for their own greed this debauchery of lust for money could not survive.

There once was a sweet little girl. Her name was Caylee Marie Anthony. Her remains were found in the woods not 1/4 mile from her home. She was thrown away like so much garbage. She had duct tape around her mouth and head, indicating that she did not die of natural causes. Her body lay in the trunk of her mother's car for days and possibly even weeks after her death. The one who did this to her should be stoned to death, not offered money for pictures and videos of her VICTIM! :furious:

This is wrong on so many levels. Not only is it wrong for the images of Caylee to pay for KC's defense, it's wrong to not allow any of the funds that are obtained to be available to Amy, for restitution for fraud, and to ZG, for defamation.

And if there's any good reason to know who Caylee's daddy is, this would be one. Although he apparently has not been in her life, maybe he could at least step in and help her memory now and maybe, some how, some way, stop some of this travesty.

No, and I sooooo wish that counsel (sort of a post-mortem guardian ad litem) could be appointed to look after Caylee's interests in this matter. I know it is legally not possible, however, it seems obscene that making money off of photographs/videos of Caylee is adding insult to....well, her murder. Something just isn't right about Caylee, however indirectly, aiding in paying for the defense of the mother who murdered her. Caylee loved and trusted KC. At the very least, the exploitation should cease post-death. It breaks my heart that there is no one (except the State of FL) fighting for justice for Caylee. Everytime I see courtroom video of the Anthonys sitting behind KC I want to throw up. I empathize and understand standing behind your only daughter and hoping to help in whatever way to save her life, but it is so obvious tiny, innocent little Caylee is sooooo alone.

AMEN - my thoughts exactly and I am sure the same thoughts of so many of us that have our hearts and souls wrapped up in this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so hard to sit back and try and remember that THERE WILL BE JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Mothers are supposed to support their 2 year old child.. NOT the other way around.

OT but tell that to octomom!!

Of course I feel it is terrible that Casey is able to use Caylee's image to pay for her defense, I tell myself to be patient and one day the gavel will drop down and we can all hear her fate. This circus has gone on way to long and it's time for it to get wrapped up. There just has to be some type of justice for that little baby.

VB

That is a crime in it's self.
Caylee already paid for her mother's sins with her little life.
The child is dead, I wish they would stop dancing on her grave.

I agree. It is really sickening. I can just see Baez running from place to place trying to sell pictures of little Caylee. I can't understand why the Anthonys are allowing whoever it is that goes over to their house and goes through the pictures...in the house. If that was my granddaughter it would be over my dead body that one picture left the house. Especially for that bunch of attorneys to sell for the highest price or for my lying lowlife excuse of a killer daughter's defense. Poor little Caylee. None of them even feel any shame.

Even in death children are at risk of abuse, neglect, victimization and exploitation by the very people they should be able to depend upon to protect them from harm: Adults

Caylee is not the private, personal property of Casey Anthony.

She was a child who for 31 days and nights was not reported missing by anyone until her mother's corpse smelling car turned up in a local car storage lot and was released to the registered owners Cindy and George Anthony.

DT

:razz::razz::razz::razz::mad::mad::mad:
This makes me sooooooooooo angry. I hope the defense is made to prove where the funding is coming from?:furious:

The very thought of that awful **woman** leaching on her little girls pics is beyond belief.

The a's have been doing their share of money grabbing in this sick scenario as well.

Never have I ever heard of aanything more despicable.

Each day I dislike that crude bunch more and more.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The fact that a murder victim's image might be sold to pay for her alleged murderer's "dream team" defense is beyond repulsive. It's a frightening miscarriage of justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back