SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mouse, seeing your comment about unsweetened tea, reminded me of a time many moons ago in Boston I ordered a sweet iced tea. The waiter looked at me like I was from another planet. Not only did I talk weird (Southern drawl accent) but I ordered a strange drink. It was so funny. Believe it or not but the restaurant did not have iced tea.

lol

Oh I believe it! A "northern transplant" friend of ours lived down here for a good number of years. When he returned to his "native land" up north, he wrote us about how bummed he was that he couldn't get "sweet tea," as he called it. The server was probably doubly freaked out that a person with a northern accent would order such a thing! Snort

And as any good southerner knows: No. Adding sugar to a glass of ice tea does not "sweet tea" make! That sugar's got to steep in that tea, blend with it, become one with it! :floorlaugh:

Gotta go lay down peeps. The Benadryl I took for this darn pollen has kicked in.

Have a great day!!!!

Before I bail, Johnny Depp turns 50 over the weekend. He melted my heart in Don Juan Del Marco.

So, this is off topic even for an off topic forum, but Richard Ramirez, the "night stalker' killer, has died in prison of natural causes

Hey everyone.

I've been away for a while after the disappointment of the mistrial on the penalty phase. I got so depressed that I had to do a hiatus from WS.

Anywho... now that all the side bars and the juror questions are being released, does anyone think we will find out what happened to ALV? She was on the stand and then she never came back (not that I really minded her testimony was ridiculous IMO) and we never heard why. I'm curious what transpired and I am wondering if that info will be released with the transcripts coming out soon or if that's another matter and someone would have to request the transcripts from that hearing.

The DMV - a horrible, horrible place.

I'm foul. :mad:

It stinks! DMV would rather you do everything online now here. Well, isn't that grand. Someone can take my identification and keep renewing it for years and legally be me. I fear computers and my credit card just got used because of internet yesterday. $1.33 first then $700.00! The credit card company called me immediately, I hope they catch that butthead since one charge could have been traceable via that $700 phone purchase.

Heard this on the radio this morning and thought of CMJA. Odd, because it used to make me think of my own failed marriage. But Now that I HAVE let go, it's just a great song to me.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4mlp7N3t1fs

Let it go, just let it go. Learn from it, don't repeat, and know that there really is someone out there that is good for you, you are good for him/her, and you are both good together. Bringing out the good in each other is important.

Eurythmics - I Need A Man (Remastered) - YouTube

ETA: Is it just me or does Annie Lennox look like a tranny here? Perhaps I posted the wrong song.

So, this is off topic even for an off topic forum, but Richard Ramirez, the "night stalker' killer, has died in prison of natural causes

Whaaat! How old was he? Natural causes?????

ETA: Just found his birth date, 1960.

Wow, great company, beautiful calorie-free food, and excellent music! What more could you ask for?

How about an awkward but cute rendition of "Mighty Mouse," by Andy Kaufman. I was reminded of this by some poignant posts from our own My Tee Mouse in the last sidebar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGx94VPb8V8

Guten morgen (sp?)! :seeya:

:floorlaugh: I needed to laugh today, thanks J.J., this is Hilarious! :floorlaugh: Loved that Andy K.

Whaaat! How old was he? Natural causes?????

ETA: Just found his birth date, 1960.

Jeez that's younger than me. Awfully young to be 'natural causes'. Though natural causes can mean he had a disease like cancer or something I guess.

Update: he'd recently been transferred from death row at San Quinten and was in a local hospital.

My mom just sent me this and it goes along with my posts last night about my son growing up so fast. Of course, it made me cry again!

"You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.
This day is a gift.
Breathe and notice.
Smell and touch them; study their faces and little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy today, mama. It will be over before you know it."
- Jen Hatmaker

Jeez that's younger than me. Awfully young to be 'natural causes'. Though natural causes can mean he had a disease like cancer or something I guess.

Some are saying Hep C but nothing has been confirmed. At least that's what I read on TMZ so take it for what it's worth.

It stinks! DMV would rather you do everything online now here. Well, isn't that grand. Someone can take my identification and keep renewing it for years and legally be me. I fear computers and my credit card just got used because of internet yesterday. $1.33 first then $700.00! The credit card company called me immediately, I hope they catch that butthead since one charge could have been traceable via that $700 phone purchase.

I lost my drivers license (as in misplaced) so I had to go in for a new one. I actually got there at the perfect time, right when they opened, so I didn't have to wait long. I was figuring I'd be sitting there for at least two hours. And per usual, my picture is ugly.

Why is that place always full of derelicts and people who appear as though they live in a box in front of a shopping mall? It's so bizarre. I never see normal people there. Well, except me of course. :D

ETA: No offense to derelicts or people who live in boxes in front of shopping malls.

One more and I'm done for now.....My kids and I ride around with the windows down on a summer evening, crank this song up and sing at the top of our lungs..Such a fun song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QliWlKHGY

Oh gosh, your post brought back a most precious memory. My son when he was little, would sing the chorus of this song, though most of the words were wrong, lol, it was soooooo cute.
Oh no, here I go waxing nostalgic. Gotta change gears or I'll be in tears.

Hey, just realized something, I'm a poet and didn't know it, :floorlaugh:

The Beach Boys - Kokomo [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members