SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my drivers license (as in misplaced) so I had to go in for a new one. I actually got there at the perfect time, right when they opened, so I didn't have to wait long. I was figuring I'd be sitting there for at least two hours. And per usual, my picture is ugly.

Why is that place always full of derelicts and people who appear as though they live in a box in front of a shopping mall? It's so bizarre. I never see normal people there. Well, except me of course. :D

ETA: No offense to derelicts or people who live in boxes in front of shopping malls.

:floorlaugh: I love how you make me laugh HO :floorlaugh:

My mom just sent me this and it goes along with my posts last night about my son growing up so fast. Of course, it made me cry again!

"You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.
This day is a gift.
Breathe and notice.
Smell and touch them; study their faces and little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy today, mama. It will be over before you know it."
- Jen Hatmaker

Oh no. Not very good timing on your Mom's part. :facepalm: Love the poem! It's so true. Each second that goes by, is gone. Make as many memories as you can each day, every moment! Take tons of pics...live like there is no tomorrow. You never know what will happen so you have got to enjoy this life.

My son said something to me last year..."What are you waiting for"? I no longer wait, it's my new motto. We have made some incredible memories and continue to do so every day. I can't take it with me, so I might as well enjoy it while I am here on this planet.

Hugs to you HO! If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. It's never "over"...things just change. Live in the moment and enjoy and every single moment of every day.

A mommy's work is never done.

:hug:

Some are saying Hep C but nothing has been confirmed. At least that's what I read on TMZ so take it for what it's worth.

I don't much like TMZ's methods, but they usually get it right. They were hours ahead of everyone else on Michael Jackson's death.

Ramirez: arrested in 1985; sentenced in 1989 to death; still alive through 2013, & dies of natural causes/disease instead of the death penalty. It took until 2006 for him to exhaust his appeals at the State level. (17 years).

I don't much like TMZ's methods, but they usually get it right. They were hours ahead of everyone else on Michael Jackson's death.

I love TMZ. :blushing:

And Harvey. :blushing:

Oh no. Not very good timing on your Mom's part. :facepalm: Love the poem! It's so true. Each second that goes by, is gone. Make as many memories as you can each day, every moment! Take tons of pics...live like there is no tomorrow. You never know what will happen so you have got to enjoy this life.

My son said something to me last year..."What are you waiting for"? I no longer wait, it's my new motto. We have made some incredible memories and continue to do so every day. I can't take it with me, so I might as well enjoy it while I am here on this planet.

Hugs to you HO! If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. It's never "over"...things just change. Live in the moment and enjoy and every single moment of every day.

A mommy's work is never done.

:hug:

Wonderful post, thank you so much!!

That seems to be the sentiment - live in the moment, live the fullest life you can, etc. I need to remember that. Let more things go.

I'll never forget about a year ago, I was watching TV and my daughter wanted me to play Legos with her. I was in a really bad mood, I wasn't feeling right, and I said, "Honey, Mommy can't right now." That haunts me!!! What, because ONE time I didn't play Legos, now I've traumatized her for life??

That is seriously how my mind works.

The guilt. It kills!

So, this is off topic even for an off topic forum, but Richard Ramirez, the "night stalker' killer, has died in prison of natural causes

Thank God! That monster finally left this world. Someone was definitely waiting for him and it wasn't Jesus, and the gates certainly weren't 'pearly'!

Ramirez: arrested in 1985; sentenced in 1989 to death; still alive through 2013, & dies of natural causes/disease instead of the death penalty. It took until 2006 for him to exhaust his appeals at the State level. (17 years).

Ok... I really hate to be the one to say this but this is most likely what the Alexanders have to look forward to- my God 17 years of appeals and for what... for him to die of natural causes in prison. A death sentence isn't a death sentence and THAt is the cold hard truth. I mean, unless you are in Texas I guess. Burn in hell Richard you ba$tard.

I waited on Grace Slick one time when I was very young. She was the nicest, down to earth lady. Kind and very gracious. Great tipper- on top of the cash she left ($50 for a meal that wasn't much over $100), she offered me tickets to a concert of theirs that Saturday but no one would work for me- I kid you not. I think my fellow servers were hoping to get the tickets themselves, but she said they were for me, and that was that. I'll never forget it.

I waited on Grace Slick one time when I was very young. She was the nicest, down to earth lady. Kind and very gracious. Great tipper- on top of the cash she left ($50 for a meal that wasn't much over $100), she offered me tickets to a concert of theirs that Saturday but no one would work for me- I kid you not. I think my fellow servers were hoping to get the tickets themselves, but she said they were for me, and that was that. I'll never forget it.

Ah Grace Slick. Nice to know she has a lovely personality to match her lovely voice. Thanks for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

I've heard the same about her. My hubs is in a band. The drummers Aunt is Grace Slick. Pretty cool!

Ok... I really hate to be the one to say this but this is most likely what the Alexanders have to look forward to- my God 17 years of appeals and for what... for him to die of natural causes in prison. A death sentence isn't a death sentence and THAt is the cold hard truth. I mean, unless you are in Texas I guess. Burn in hell Richard you ba$tard.

That's exactly what what I was thinking. But 53 is young, I think it goes to show that prison life must be pretty rough. :seeya:

So, this is off topic even for an off topic forum, but Richard Ramirez, the "night stalker' killer, has died in prison of natural causes

No way! I read a pretty long, very good book about that case. Don't remember the title.

Serial killers are fascinating. They seem to have an addiction - to killing! I mean, I can understand being addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, drugs - but murder? :scared:

I agree, good riddance! Those murders scared the crap out of me as a kid as I was born and raised in the LA area, and was 8 at the time. I do hope for the Alexanders that they don't have to wait for Jodi to die of natural causes in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500